Jobe Roofing Co

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2010

3026 W 48th St

Los Angeles, CA 90043

If you are looking for a locally-owned & operated roofing company that holds itself to a higher standard and never waivers from its commitment to excellence look no further! Here at Jobe Roofing we are 100% committed to providing you with the best roofing experience from start to finish. Jobe Roofing has been serving Southern California since 1998 with superior roofing and maintenance services. Every new roof project is supervised from start to finish and our highly skilled professional roofers work diligently to provide our clients with beautiful, trouble-free roofs. We only use premium, top-quality materials and offer a variety of warranties, ranging up to 50 years, to give you piece of mind....

04/07/2020

Oren H.

Excellent! Jobe and his team were all very professional. They showed up on time and completed the job well and faster than expected. Everyone from the the installers to the administrators in the office was courteous and pleasant to deal with. I also appreciate that Jobe himself took the time to answer all my questions and explain my options to me quite thoroughly. Overall very happy with their work and plan to hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Brand new roof.

03/20/2020

Steve M.

Where to start... Jobe is the definition of ‘customer first’. Besides his hands on knowledge of the art of roofing he also gets the anxiety that all construction customers feel. His response time and quality of communication is top of class (extra credit to Sarah who runs the war room. Spot on that one.) If you do a complete tear off and if you have given any thought to solar (I had not) give some thought to the integrated system that Jobe and GAF offer. Their system has covered my electrical costs since installation (and we were on the high end at $200+ per month). Jobe was fair and generous in all of the ‘unknowns’ that all jobs have. He got his team back on sight to attend to all the minor details that I felt important. Besides his good humor and charm, he’s a damned fine roofer.

Description of Work
A total tear off and re-roof of a 1929 house.

Category roofing, solar panels

04/04/2019

Bob V.

Jobe Roofing Co set high expectations and not only lived up to them, but exceeded them! I had a leaking problem with a clay tile roof on a 95 year old house. The company's owner/estimator showed up on time, provided his credentials, as well as his insurance and proceeded to listen to my problem. Jobe evaluated the situation, developed a repair strategy and communicated in very clearly. I learned a lot from him. His crew showed up on schedule and performed the work exactly as communicated and estimated. The crew supervisor was superb and he was also a good communicator. All my future roofing work goes to Jobe Roofing Co and I will recommend them to all my friends.

Description of Work
Repaired a clay tile roof on a 95 year old house.

Category decks, gutter cleaning, roofing, roof cleaning

02/04/2019

Lisa C.

DON’T SIGN A CONTRACT! Durning a heavy rain in Feb 2018 I discovered I had a leak. Jobe was listed in a neighborhood pamphlet of local businesses so I gave them a call for an estimate and their sales rep came out to my house. Garon seemed like just about the nicest, most trustworthy guy ever so I went ahead and decided to use them and they could send a crew out that weekend before the next big rain was due. There’s a tree over my house and I discussed with Garon the fact that I would not have time to arrange for a different company to come out and get the branches cut and off the roof before that Saturday. Garon said not to worry, that his guys know how to do the trimming, and even though his boss preferred they didn’t do this type of work, Garon would talk to his boss and the crew and make sure it got done under these times sensitive circumstances. The customer service seemed so excellent to me that I decided to go ahead and sign a contract for annual roofing maintenance with them as well. When Garon showed me the $700 price on the contract, I told him that seems like a lot and he assured me that with all the extra work they were going to do trimming the tree that made the 700 very reasonable and that the yearly maintenance plan with only be about 400 - 500 in future years. Two men came out that Saturday from Job’s at about 10 AM. They did not do any tree trimming. They put a ladder up against my garage in the backyard but never once went up at! At about 11 AM they knocked on my door to tell me they were done. I asked them if the leak was fixed, when they were going to trim the trees so they could perform the inspection and maintenance, and what about the garage, and they told me that wasn’t on their paperwork, sorry, call the office, and bye. I immediately called Garon and left a message. He didn’t return my call by Monday so I called again. I left Garon several messages that week and when he never returned my calls, I called the office to complain. I told a very nice lady on the phone this whole thing and she said she was going to transfer me to Jobe’s direct line and to just tell him everything and he would fix things. I did that. I left Jobe several messages and never heard back. Until NOVEMBER. Jobe called me late on a Friday evening while I was driving home from work and left a voicemail message very nicely telling me he was sending me to collections for not paying my due amount from the contract I signed. I called back immediately. It went to voicemail (which I am very familiar with what happens when you leave Jobe a voicemail). The next morning I noticed that Jobe had emailed me telling me the same thing. I responded immediately how disappointed I was that they didn’t do the work that was agreed to, wouldn’t return my calls, and that they still expected me to pay just because I’ve been naïve enough to sign a contract with them. I said I would be at his office first thing Monday morning to pay them. There was no one there Monday morning when they opened that could take my payment and I had to wait over an hour and a half until a manager arrived. The manager was a very nice man who took my payment and give me a receipt and said he was so sorry to hear I’ve been so frustrated. And that’s it! Now it’s February 2019 and it just rained cats and dogs yesterday and I still have the same leak that I originally called Jobe’s for last year!!! I’m very angry and frustrated at myself for being dumb enough to sign a contract like that where I have absolutely no recourse for work never performed and they could’ve still put a lien on my house. These are not honest, good business people. The folks at Jobes seem to specialize in acting really, really super nice to get you on the hook, but then simply not bothered about not delivering what they agreed to. Be very, very careful about only hiring these folks for one tiny job at a time and getting every detail in writing and somehow documenting your before and after. If you don’t, and you’re as trusting as I was, you will be on the hook for a LOT of money for nearly nothing and an awful experience. This was an EXTREMELY expensive lesson for me and I STILL have to get my leak fixed!!!

Description of Work
Leak in roof

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, roof cleaning

10/16/2018

john B.

hi, this is very good support services to resolve customer's issues easily. more detail- - [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Quickbooks tech services help ?

10/15/2018

Andrea G.

Do not have estimate. Would not show me photos taken. CSLB states pending action against this company.

Description of Work
Roof inspected |nspection of roof and estimate

Our records indicate that we went out to inspect the roof on October 11th and had provided this customer with a proposal by October 13th. We later re-sent the proposal a second time on October 16th. There may have been an email server issue if the email did not go through; nevertheless our proposal was completed with detailed information within 2 days. Our apologies if the proposal was not received, we do our best to service all our customers.

07/16/2018

Nancy M.

Jobe identified the leaks as from the deck and stated he would repair 100 square feet of deck and fix the leaks. He just took my money, did not fix the leaks, later denying the leaks were from the deck, and abandoned the project after I let him know the deck leaked badly during the first big rain after he installed a so-called "Waterproofing Deck System." After threatening his surety bond, he had someone do a little more patching, to no effect. The leaks caused more than $5,000 of damage to rooms below. A leak specialist from my USAA homeowner's insurance proved the leaks were from the deck in the places matching the leaks in the ceiling of the rooms below. USAA said it was going to go after Jobe for the cost of the repairs it covered. However, insurance would not cover faulty repairs to the deck by Jobe or my insurance deductible. Another contractor said Jobe used the wrong materials. The small print in Jobe's contract stated that Jobe did not agree that the materials he used were actually waterproof! So a bait and switch, taking advantage of an elderly widow. My advice: Instead of using this unscrupulous/incompetent contractor, just put your money in the toilet and flush. Save yourself a lot of time and aggravation. (Or, of course, never call Jobe in the first place).

Description of Work
A deck on second floor was leaking into rooms below.

Category decks

We are very sorry to hear that you believe us to be responsible for this leak. We do our best to always treat our customers with the utmost honesty, respect and integrity. If you believe we have behaved in any way that goes against these important values, I sincerely apologize. We installed a new Life Deck waterproof deck system and have gladly responded to your warranty service requests. We have been out numerous times and conducted a thorough inspection of the deck we installed. After conducting several water tests that flooded our new deck, and no leaks developed we concluded that the leak, which develops several feet away from the deck and not directly below is possibly coming from the door and not the deck. You had your own person flood the deck and no leaks developed inside even after having the deck flooded for over a day. We conducted our own water test and no leaks developed after waiting over an hour for any signs of leaks to develop. It would be very easy for us to seal that small deck, but what would be the purpose if the leaks will continue to enter through the doors or possibly another area. If you would like us to go back out and test the deck along side your USAA inspector, we will be happy to do that. Once again, my apologies for this problem, but we have been by your side this whole time and at no point have refused to help in any way. The bottom line is that the deck we originally replaced was in bad shape and needed replacement, which we did, but the leaks that we are seeing inside are not coming from our newly installed deck. If those leaks were coming through our deck we would have seen the leaks develop each time we, (both you and our company) flooded the deck and tested for leaks.

05/15/2018

Molly M.

Nearly three weeks ago I had an appointment with Jobe Roofing. I explained upfront what needed to be done before they arrived. The estimator was on time from what I remember but I have still not received an estimate for the job even after contacting the owner via phone and email. A waste of time really

Description of Work
Needed some facia board replaced and some roofing problems fixed

[Member Name Removed], I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive your estimate. Our records indicate that an estimate was created on April 25th, 2018, but you somehow did not get our email. You may want to double check your junk mail. I am having Garon re-send the estimate right now, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. I am prepared to add an additional discount to the final price for the inconvenience. -JOBE

01/29/2018

Jason Y.

Jobe Roofing completed a roof renovation project on a 2 building apartment complex, flat roof. The crew repaired and replaced problem sections and finished with an APOC 585 energy efficient white roof system. The job was supposed to take 1 week; the crew was staffed up and the work was completed in 3 days. The guys did a great job with pro results, click on the attached picture. Robert who specified the job cost gave me a few options so the price would fit our budget. He explained about the materials to be used and the whole process. I took a month to compare all bids, Robert was always patient with our questions. Once the job was underway, the crew was professional and tidy. They kept the property clean, and picked up all materials each day. Robert and one of the guys came back and fixed the placement of the dish cable wires, and brought down the spare tiles from the roof; a task I requested after the job was completed. Bryanna at the front office was also great; she always followed up with my questions and paperwork/invoice requests. A great experience overall, I would recommend talking to to Jobe Roofing for any roof work needed.

Description of Work
Roof repair & renovation

Category roofing, roof cleaning

11/20/2017

Jordanna F.

They couldn't even manage to call me back to let me know they were not interested in doing the work.

Description of Work
I called to have someone come and give me an estimate of roof repairs for my new home as we discovered some leaks during the last rain. Garon came out and looked all over my roof, and showed me additional trouble spots. I asked for the estimate to be broken out between the work I asked for and an additional estimate for the added work they found. Garon told me he would get back to me by the end of the following week. Two months and 4 phone calls from me to Garon and his whole team and I have not yet received an estimate despite the many attempts. Don't call these guys regardless of their platinum Angie's List rating. They will just waste your time.

[Member Name Removed], I am very sorry that Garon was not able to provide you with the great experience that we are known for. We seem to have experienced a problem with our CRM (Customer management portal), that accidentally marked your file as "Dead" which completely removed it from Garons' view, allowing this situation to happen. I found your file, and can see the report Garon put together for you, I can see the pictures he took of your roof, and the measurement report he completed of your roof, but I don't see him ever sending you the estimate. My sincere apologies! I would be happy to provide you with a complimentary roof maintenance valued at $475.00 at no charge to you as a way to make up for our mistake. More than anything I want to simply apologize for what happened. Sincerely, Jobe

11/18/2017

Nathaniel G.

Jobe Roofing came in and gave an estimate, which was about 2/3's of that of a competitor. But when I wanted to make an appointment for them to do the repair they said that I had to wait a month and a half because they were so busy but that in all likelihood they'd be able to do it earlier. I didn't hear from them for 2 weeks and they didn't return my phone calls. When I did finally reach someone she told me that nothing had opened up. I expressed concern that I hadn't heard from anyone. She told me again that she'd let me know if anything opened up and would keep in touch but again I heard nothing. Finally I got hold of the gentleman that gave me the estimate and he promised to keep in touch, which he did. They finally did the work on the date they promised and it looks like they did a good job (although we won't truly know until it rains hard - the work is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of repair). The work was good or very good but the service was very bad. They seem to find it hard to answer phone calls. I was concerned that they might not show up at all even after the month and a half. But they did show up and they did the work and it appears to be fine.

Description of Work
My roof had a small leak that had to be patched and fixed.

I appreciate your review, and you taking the time to grade us on our performance. I hope you will give us the opportunity to do our best next time to satisfy your expectations in every category. Thank you for your business.

11/17/2017

Andrew K.

Incredible! I have a roof that leaks every once in awhile. I've tried using flexseal to try to patch up the roof, but was still having issues. Garon came out, did a walkthrough/inspection, and recommended instead of replacing the roof, to do a silicone coat that has a 20 year warranty. They were able to schedule me within 2 days (because it's a job that can be fit between bigger projects), and they finished the whole roof in 1 day. Amazing! And the roof looks great - completely resurfaced and I don't have to worry about leaks.

Description of Work
Fix roof leak, replace/resurface

Category roofing, pressure washing

11/07/2017

Clemente C.

It's good that I finally spoke with the owner. I told him what happened and he's so calm listening to all my issues. He quoted me a good price and was able to give me an earlier schedule. And as promised, the work was done in 2 days. Job well done.

Description of Work
Need to replace the roof but it was a long wait like 5 weeks as they have a lot of projects lined up. I was upset for a while as the one the I'm dealing with didn't take me problem seriously. I told them that I need the roof done the soonest as I have a tenant renting that house and I don't want to **** them off.

10/04/2017

Jay M.

They showed up for the estimate on time and gave me the estimate within 30 minutes of the inspection. After I accepted their offer, they emailed me a copy of the invoice (to be paid upon completion), their insurance information and their licensing information. This indicated to me that this company was professional and on top of it. Their workman arrived on the date and exact time I was told. He was very quick and efficient in installing the vents on my roof. At one point at the end, I was just about to ask him if he was going to paint the vents, as promised. I think I got the first word of "hey" out of my mouth as I watched the worker reach from his pick-up truck bed with paint cans in his hands. After that it was just, "never mind." He was on top of it and completely knew what he was doing. I would definitely recommend these guys. I turned down a lower bid because I felt more comfortable with Jobe and I don't regret it.

Description of Work
Installed eight vents on my existing concrete tile roof.

Thank you so much for the positive feed back! We look forward to helping you in the future with any of your future roofing or solar needs.

09/04/2017

Stacey C.

Provided inspection summary including photos per request

Description of Work
Inspected roof and provided quote for possible roof replacement

I thank you for your positive review of our work. We highly appropriate your business.

07/20/2017

Thomas C.

I thought they were good. I liked them. It was a little hard to get them scheduled, but once they came, they did a good job. They did a clean and professional job. The first time they did the patch job, it was incomplete. It still had a little bit of leakage, so the supervisor came out and did some extra work that cleared up the problem. They came back about a month later to complete the work. So far the quality is good, until it rains. It was just difficult to get them here to do the work.

Description of Work
I had a roofing repair in the middle of the rain. They did a patch job and then they did the final work after it stopped raining.

Thank you so much for taking the time to grade our company. It was a pleasure working with you.

06/29/2017

Bob L.

I couldn't be more happier with my new roof constructed by Jobe Roofing company. The professionalism and workmanship performed by the company leader and his working crew for my project was outstanding and maybe second to none for the entire Southern California area. I strong recommend anybody who is looking for a roof replacement to contact this company soon. You will be glad you did when people turn their heads to see your beautiful new roof every time they drove by your street.

Description of Work
Remove and replace tile roof. Remove and replace all woods. Install new solar panels. Upgrade power system.

Category roofing, skylights, solar panels

Thank you for your honest positive review and for choosing to do business with us. Our goal is to serve clients to the best of our ability. We'll do everything we can to make things right. Thank you again for selecting us. It is our privilege to work with you.

06/04/2017

william T.

Jobe did a high end shingle roof on my home. I was very satisfied with the job done. Things were explained up front before signing of the contract. Three trips were made to show samples and inspections of the job.The installers were on time everyday of the project. They were neat and completed the job in a professional manner.I able to talk with someone if I had a question.Satisfied with Jobe Roofing.

Description of Work
complete new roof for the entire house.

I am so happy to hear that your experience with our company was everything we promised. It all went well and we are very happy with the results. Thank you so much and enjoy your new roof!

06/02/2017

Merrin M.

Well. Punctual and thorough. Inspector was courteous and on time.

Description of Work
Roof inspection.

I thank you for your positive review of our service. We try our best for our customers, in order to deliver the best experience possible. We are all happy to know your appointment with us went well. Thanks again.

05/25/2017

Monica M.

He got back to me quickly and submitted a formal written estimate. He responded quickly. He didn't come out, he did the estimate based on pictures. He was able to tell from the pictures he didn't need to come out. The price was very good. We didn't have an appointment, I talked to him on the phone and sent him the pictures. He was very professional.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate for roof repair.

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your business.

05/16/2017

Frank R.

Some of this is still TBD since we haven't had any rain yet, but the roof looks great and the crew did a wonderful job of coming in, working diligently, and tidying up. Our main complaint is that interaction with the administrative end of things was rather spotty via email but in general, when dealing with them via phone or person-to-person, it was a positive experience. We're rating the price a B only because we have no real basis for comparison.

Description of Work
We had a leak in our family room and that portion of the roof was both a bit older and not particularly well done. Jobe did a great job of diagnosing the issue and came up with a proposal that would provide a long-term solution.

Thank you for your amazing positive review and for choosing to do business with us. Our goal is to serve clients to the best of our ability. We'll do everything we can to make things right. Thank you again for selecting us. It is our privilege to work with you.

05/11/2017

Cyd T.

They were efficient, clean, fast, and friendly. They had all kinds of awards when I went to visit their offices which means they're a very great company to work with.

Description of Work
New roof on my garage and house.

I thank you for your positive review of our work. We try our best for our customers, in order to deliver the best experience possible. We are all happy to know your job went well. Thanks again.

04/03/2017

Thomas C.

The emergency repair required two attempts as the first one did not work. The difficult part is that it is talking a LONG time for them to schedule the permanent repair. Still waiting.

Description of Work
They did an emergency patch job on a roof/skylight leak.

Category ceramic tile, roofing, skylights

03/15/2017

M L.

They were sooo quick with giving me a call and encouraging me to get a quote. I missed a day work to let them in. Then i waited... and waited. and still waiting. NO QUOTE. NO CALL. Do not bother calling them. I'm glad I found out sooner than later.

Description of Work
Patio roof repair

02/28/2017

Darla V.

Sent someone to assess my roof leak. He arrived and said he would provide a quotation via email. Never received quotation and when called, they had "No Record" of our interaction. I then wrote them off but my wife gave them another chance... They told her that we were put on a "Standby" list. They contacted us 4 "FOUR" weeks later telling us when they would be at our home. NOPE... WE DON'T NEED YOUR SERVICE... TO LITTLE TO LATE! This company SUCKS!

Description of Work
Roof leak repair.