Heating Alternatives

Founded 2014 • With Angi since November 2014

3711 Arlington Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90018

Heating Alternatives specializes in HVAC (Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning) systems in residential and commercial locations. Retrofitting existing or historic homes with centralized heating & cooling is our primary specialty, also designing new construction builds. Troubleshooting and repairing a wide array of A/C and heating systems is a skill we take pride in. We provide the one-stop-shop convenience with our knowledgeable technicians and guarantee our work for 90 days and provide some of the best pricing in the city!...

03/29/2019

Darlene H.

Kenneth from Heating Alternatives came out to check a heater that I was having problems with, he diagnosed the problem, provided an estimate, and repaired it on the spot. I thank Kenneth for his professionalism, and the outstanding service he provided. I apologize for not submitting my review timely, the service was performed on 02/07/2019. Nevertheless, to this date the heater is performing great. Thank you, again and yes, I will use this company in the future and I definitely recommend their service to others.

Description of Work
Repaired a wall heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]! It always makes our job great when we come across great customer such as yourself. Cheers! Ken

04/09/2017

Carmen B.

Kenneth of Heating Alternatives was contacted on 3/27/17 regarding a furnace that was not emitting hot air. He arrived within one hour of the call, diagnosed the problem and gave an estimate. In addition to the estimate, Kenneth also gave a good report on the condition of the furnace. In the past, the company that installed and serviced the furnace always stated that the furnace needed different parts replaced, that was expensive. The decision to not have the repairs done was because of the cost and the fact that it just didn't seem right. Turns out that the feeling was correct, the company was about making money. The old company is out . After speaking with two other companies, that would not be available for a diagnosis for two days, it was decided that Kenneth would get the job. He arrived the next day at the agreed upon time, ready to work. After approximately 45 minutes to one hour, the furnace was working again Kenneth is honest, professional, knowledgeable. Did I say honest? Very happy with Kenneth and he will definitely be the only person we will call for future repairs. He is a keeper.

Description of Work
Repair of furnace.

Thank you for the review, I'm Glad everything worked out! Cheers. Ken

05/18/2016

Andrew H.

I am a property manager and have used Heating Alternatives / Kenneth for a number of jobs now and he is nothing less than excellent. We first used him because he was the only vendor in his field willing to work on a couple of old floor heaters from the 1950's. He was prompt, knowledgeable, thorough, fair-priced, and extremely trustworthy. Because of that, we have started using him for all of our HVAC needs and have yet to find something that Kenneth cannot fix. He has a lot of experience and a great breadth of operational knowledge. I know that when we call Kenneth for a job it will be done the correct way. That kind of confidence in a vendor is invaluable. I highly recommend using him.

Description of Work
Kenneth repaired and restored the gas log system that was completely non-functioning and had been out of commission for years. He removed and replaced the main gas valve, replaced the thermocouple and pilot light, removed and replaced the gas on/off valve with flex holes, added a new 18-inch silver pilot gas line, and completely cleaned and vacuumed out the fire place and apparatus.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, gas logs

Thank you for the review! Always a pleasure to work with returning customers. Cheers. Ken

05/03/2016

Arsen K.

It was great, he was a great guy, did a great job. He had a fast response. Quick and easy!

Description of Work
He fixed a gas leak on a wall furnace and on the stove range.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas leak repair

Thank you for the review! Cheers. Ken

01/21/2016

Megan B.

Kenny came over during the holidays on very short notice to look at my ancient, malfunctioning gravity furnace. My elderly gravity furnace had been summarily dismissed by a previous heating contractor, who had deemed it inaccessible and refused even to look inside the wall grate to attempt to access it. The previous heating contractor had given up my poor furnace for dead. But Kenny, my Heating Alternatives hero, immediately recognized my dinosaur furnace for what it was. He opened the vent, found the damaged part, and replaced it with a new part from his truck. Presto, chango, heat! I am recommending Kenny to all my neighbors here at Village Green, where elderly (but functional) gas-powered gravity furnaces are in wide use. For all you Angie's-listers living in less antique circumstances, please know that Kenny is also an expert in 21st century heating and cooling technologies! If we ever get permission from our HOA to install mini-splits for AC, Kenny will be our man! Thank you Kenny, for saving my non-native California household from what we can only secretly admit (as native midwesterners) was pretty uncomfortably cold.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired 70-year-old gravity furnace during the holidays.

Thank you for the review! Cheers. Ken

Kingdom Electric

Kingdom Electric 2021 Commercial• Residential •Industrial •New Construction\ Remodel •Panel Upgrades •New Lighting •New Receptacles •Troubleshooting Kingdom Electric We’re a company based on Honesty , Values and Respect!

M.Y. Electrical Contractor

**Limited time Angie's List Special: Whole House Rewire!!!!*** M.Y. Electrical has been servicing customers in the area for nearly 25 years. Experienced in full service commercial and residential electrical service. Call us today for a FREE ESTIMATE on all of your electrical needs! Direct number 818-455-6379

Offers by M.Y. Electrical Contractor on Angi
    Zenith Electric Inc.

We are licensed , bonded and insured Electricians.

#997626

HVAC Install, repair, and servicing of modern to older HVAC systems (Residential & Commercial).