GREENHOUSE

Los Angeles, CA 90010

greenhousehomeimprovements.com...

11/14/2009

CAROL KASPER W.

We were very glad to learn of problems we didn't even suspect, and to learn that some areas we were worried about were not serious energy problems. The audit was well worth it. We also were very satisfied with the repairs, the crew of three took five days. They were quiet, thorough, hard-working. They cleaned up after themselves. We'd suspected that the major repair (insulation of a room that had been converted from an uninsulated sleeping porch) would be a much bigger and more costly job. We felt this was a skilled job and less expensive than feared.

Description of Work
First, we got an energy audit. We knew of some of our house's problem, but were very surprised to learn of other air-leaks. After looking at the audit, we contracted to repair the main problems. That involved installing insulation, covering some insulation with dry wall, painting, plastering some air vents from closets to the attic, wrapping some exposed hot-water pipes.

Category remodeling,energy audit

10/20/2009

daria P.

well

Description of Work
took up carpet in living room, dining room & hallway - sanded concrete floors and painted - then applied appoxy

Category handyman service,epoxy flooring

09/08/2008

mary D.

Speedy service, communicates by email. Service person sent to my house might be a new hire, very nice but somewhat anxious. Anxious to sell other services, mentioned a new garage door but knowledge of the doors was very limited and offerings were limited.

Description of Work
Glued chairs, simple job seemed too expensive for the labor involved. Sealed all the openings in the house to prevent rodent entry, cost $800.00. Will only know if this is effective with time.

02/09/2008

MARTHA S.

I contacted Jeff at Greenhouse Handyman and he was very responsive. He arrived at exactly the appointed time for our first meeting to give an estimate. Then within 2 days he provided me a written estimate via email. He then scheduled a time within a week to regrout the shower. I then made another appointment for him to estimate much more diverse and extensive work around the house and outside. Again promptly he provided an estimate. When I thought it was a high estimate he provided me with an itemized estimate the next day. There were jobs that he said he could not do (i.e. did not know about antique hardware and some minor electrical connections) so I ultimately chose a company who could do all the services for no other reason than it is more convenient for me to just have one company do the work rather than 2 or 3.

Description of Work
Removing old grout and re-grouting a shower.

10/30/2007

LINDA F.

They sent someone to look over the job, he said he couldn't do the refrigerator or the dishwasher, but they could do the small jobs and he would send us his estimate the next day. He suggested regrouting the bathroom tile along the edges of the tub, in addition to the caulking. To do those small jobs, not including the dishwasher or refrigerator repair, his estimate was $600! I was astounded. We found another guy on Angie's List (Rene Pinto of Pinto's Refrigeration & Plumbing) come in; he fixed the dryer vent, the door handle, AND the refrigerator, and the dishwasher, even making a run to the store for a new refrig. filter, and stayed for over 4 hours. His charge for everything : $160. I have no idea why Greenhouse's estimate was so terribly high; they didn't offer an explanation and I didn't ask. I simply moved on.

Description of Work
I asked this company in to do some repairs on a new condo we'd just bought: recaulk the bathtub, shorten the dryer vent hose, replace a leaky kitchen faucet, and install kitchen cabinet door pulls (20 pulls), and repair a door handle which just needed a little screw replaced, fix a clogged dishwasher and put a new filter in the refrig.

03/19/2007

YVEE G.

Overall, it's been a wonderful experience for me. Greenhouse Handymen are very professional. They respond to my calls right away and came on time for our appointments. Every time they work, their handymen wore the company's uniform and painter's shoe protection to avoid getting my house especially the carpeted area dirty. Since this is the third time I contracted their services, they gave me a 10% discount and and backed up there job with a six months warranty. I'm really very happy to have found reliable and honest handymen. Thanks to Greenhouse Handyman and Maintenance.

Description of Work
I have an old kitchen cabinet which was very dirty (greasy). I planned to replace it with a new one , but the price of the cabinet and the installation cost was sky high for my budget. I contacted Greenhouse Handyman for a cabinet installation job but instead they recommended to degrease and restore my kitchen cabinets instead of spending a lot for this project. They did my cabinet cleaning & restoration and it's very good. They saved me thousands of dollars from purchasing a new kitchen cabinet plus the 10% discount they gave me.

Category furniture repair,handyman service

Bragar Landscaping

Providing exceptional service for over 42 years as an environmental protector. I offer a variety of drought-tolerant trees, plants, shrubs, and succulents that would look great in your yard. I use unique and environmentally friendly hardscaping materials to design and build your dream yard. I ensure that your yard is as friendly to the environment as possible while saving you money with drought-tolerant solutions. I am California Pace Approved for 100% financing. If you are considering an Old Fashion California Landscape with lawns and plants that consume more water, don't count me out, I will do my best to make your yard as water efficient as I can. Call for details on the California Pace Program.

Coast View Plumbing and Restoration

At Coast View Plumbing and Restoration, timing is everything! We are a top rated plumbing , leak detection and water damage repair and restoration company proudly serving the surrounding areas for over 20 years. Our 1st priority is getting you back on track and restoring your property in a timely manner. This includes having our entire team of professionals help you throughout the process. LICENSE# 516246.

Vargas Custom Plaster inc

Vargas Plastering is a complete plastering company. We are licensed, bonded, and insured. Our license, bond, and insurance are in good standing and we have been awarded Angie's List prestigious Super Service Award for the last seven consecutive years (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020) and will strive to win another for 2021!

REMODELING, RENOVATION, HOME IMPROVEMENTS, PROFESSIONAL HANDYMAN, ENERGY EFFICIENCY & BUILDING PERFORMANCE

NOT APPLICABLE