Garafano Electric, Inc.

Founded 1968 • With Angi since September 2005

Garafano Electric is a local, family-owned establishment based in Eagle Rock. We specialize in all things electric and service individual homes, as well as larger commercial or industrial facilities, for work ranging from small repairs to large-scale projects. We are 11 times Angie’s List Super

2022 Super Service Award

electrician (172)lighting (39)ceiling fan installation (9)landscape lighting (8)

11/07/2022

Gail M.

I have used Garafano Electric in three homes since the late 1980's through 2022; a home in Glendale, one in San Gabriel, and recently in Granada Hills, CA. If you want the work done correctly and especially with permits, this is your company. I have peace of mind with this work.

Description of Work
electrical panels, permit, new kitchen, new LED canned lights

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

10/26/2022

Dan T.

Garafano Electric did great job. They were very professional and did great job.

Description of Work
ceiling fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/26/2022

10/18/2022

Adam S.

Garafano Electric has being taking care of all the electrical needs and upgrades in our 90 plus year old house for a few years now. They always do A+ work. We're currently in the middle of some home renovations and they've been willing and able to work with our erratic schedule. Honest, dependable, and great at what they do. Can't recommend them high enough!

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/18/2022

07/09/2022

Jillian D.

Oscar arrived on time. Nice and early in the morning and he was able to remove the old fan and replaced it with a new one. He cleaned up afterwards. I will hire him and Garafano electric again in the future.

Description of Work
I needed and attic fan replace.

Work Completed On 07/09/2022

06/09/2021

Steve A.

Like every other time I have used Garafano Electric over the past two decades, the work was excellent. William, the owner, always evaluates the work ahead of time and presents options, and then follows up during the job as appropriate. His techs always show up on time, always keep the job site clean, always do a great job -- never had a call back. Pricing always seems fair. I am always more than happy with the timeliness and quality of the work A lot of "always", I know -- but I really think you can count of them to do excellent work at a fair price!

Description of Work
New 240 volt line for electric car.

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

05/06/2021

Steve A.

As usual with Garafano Electric, everything went fine -- way more than fine, actually. We have used them for years on various upgrades to our 1920's mediterranean home. William, the owner, is great about explaining our options and always finds the best and most efficient way to work within the confines of an older two-story duplex on a sloped lot that has serious access issues. Pricing is fair, they have never failed to show up on the appointed day, and on time, and complete the job as agreed. They have never disappointed for over 20 years, and I recommend them without hesitation!

Description of Work
Installed new 240 volt line, with panel upgrade, for all electric car

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

03/15/2021

Karen M.

We own an older home. We went through multiple electricians before we we're fortunate enough to find Garafano! We've been using Garafano Electric for all of our Electrical needs for years now. They are experts at what they do and are total professionals in every aspect. Honest and dependable. I cannot recommend them enough. 5 stars!

Description of Work
Electrical work

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

12/12/2020

Dan H.

Great! Denise called me right back. I sent her photos of the job site and lighting fixtures. They quoted me a price and set up a time that same day with technician. Then Oscar called and asked if he could come by earlier than our appointment time since he was available and nearby. I said sure . Where have I got to go in a pandemic? He did the work quickly and efficiently. He was friendly, wore a mask and was done in less than an hour. He went the extra yard and sealed any gaps with silicone which he didn't have to do. I even got an Angies list discount. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Replace Porch lights

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

05/17/2020

HOWARD F.

GFCI replacements, dimmer switch replacements and 4 plex outlet installation

Description of Work
William was outstanding. He came and did the bid and then we scheduled him to do the job and he finished it today. He was exceptionally competent, innovative as necessary and efficient. The pricing was more than fair and he has just become my electrician for my 2 properties after having just moved back into SoCal. If you need electrical work done, you must contact Garafano to get a bid as I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

05/07/2020

DL B.

William came out to look at the job on March 27, 2020. He spent considerable time doing so. He left saying we would get an estimate shortly. Two weeks went by and we called his office. Denise in his office apologized profusely and asked for our email to send it. We gave it to them for a second time, even though we furnished it before he came. As of the date of this post, May 7, it's been crickets from this company. Very unprofessional. They could have at least told us the job was too difficult for them.

Description of Work
Installation of various outside light fixtures in front and back of house.

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

04/19/2020

Dino P.

The repair was completed in one hour, we kept the fixture

Description of Work
Repair security light

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

03/27/2020

Dan P.

Garafano did a really great job. I'd got a few estimates for the work and felt like the solution they proposed and the price was very fair. They weren't the cheapest, but they were in the right ball park for me - what I liked best was they inspired confidence about doing the work properly. I'd been recommended them by a neighbor who was also very satisfied with their service. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Electric car charger installation

Work Completed On 03/27/2020

02/14/2020

Mary B.

Very polite, very excellent. Did everything I ask. Came back to make sure everything is working.

Description of Work
They do bathroom electric.

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

03/28/2019

GILBERT R.

The work was not a major job, but it was dealt with as if was very important to get it right and neatly with professionalism, timeliness and courtesy which to me would reflect the same qualities applied when I hire the company on major work. Attention to detail was also a paramount factor for me and such was exhibited by the company.

Description of Work
GFCI Kitchen Outlet & Replace Porch light

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

01/14/2019

Jana H.

I was very happy with the service from William at Garafano Electric. I left a voice message and he returned the call within a day to set an appointment and to understand the specifics of what I needed to insure that he brought the correct parts. He let me know up front that there was a minimum one-hour charge for the visit. On the day of the appointment, William arrived precisely at the agreed time. The light switch repair was a small job that only took about 15 minutes and I'm very happy with the quality of the job and the new switch. William asked if I had other electrical tasks needed doing so that I could get the full benefit of the hour. The only item I could think of was that the bulbs in the living room fixture needed to be replaced, but it's a cathedral ceiling and too high for me to reach. I did not have the correct bulbs on hand, so William drove to Home Depot, purchased the bulbs and then installed them for me, all within the one-hour charge. This was well beyond what I expected a service provider to do and I was very pleased with the customer service. I would certainly hire Garafano Electric again.

Description of Work
Light switch repair

Work Completed On 01/12/2019

01/09/2019

Kay H.

They did a superb job and a top notch service.

Description of Work
They install a motion sensor light.

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

12/06/2018

Rick R.

Exceptional. The Technician, Rene, was on time, polite, and spent the necessary time to find the root of the problem that other electricians could not find. I very highly recommend Garafano!

Description of Work
Trouble shooting broken doorbell and installation of in wall timer

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

11/30/2018

robin P.

Jose was on time, did a great job and was very nice.

Description of Work
Ceiling looks got fixture switched out.

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

10/26/2018

Carolyn P.

They have been fabulous and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They have done electrical work for me for years.

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

08/23/2018

cortez C.

Garafano Electric is the only company I use for my needs. They do excellent work, are dependable and thorough. I trust them to even work at my home if I can not be there. That says a lot about a company.

Description of Work
Electrical sockets and installation of ceiling fan on patio

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

08/23/2018

Mark J.

Everything was done professionally and promptly. I was impressed with their work. They were great! William is easy to discuss plans with and gives you straight answers. I've used them twice and I won't hesitate to call them again if need be.

Description of Work
Outlets installed/repaired, path lights, ceiling fans

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

08/17/2018

Andrew U.

Overall excellent, very professional, friendly, worked hard.

Description of Work
recessed lighting in kitchen, new bathroom fan, replace outlets, replace light fixture

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

05/29/2018

Connie C.

My husband needed to have outlets added to a wall to run a machine. Garafano Electric came out and gave us a competitive and professional bid. We needed the work to be done soon, and even though they were booked out, they went out of the way to accommodate us on a Saturday. My husband, who is notoriously difficult to please, spoke highly of the gentleman that came and did the work. Thank you Garafano Electric!!! We are happy to have found you!

Description of Work
Added electric outlets to a wall