Flores Artscape

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2008

Flores Artscape was established in 2004 by husband and wife team Rumaldo and Miriam Flores after years of prior experience in landscaping and gardening. It started as part-time work and has developed into a full-time dedication to beautifying Los Angeles. We offer a variety of services such as hardscape, softscape, planting, lighting, irrigation, flagstone, pavers, and much more. We take our business personally, that is why we offer our service and integrity to you. We make sure your experience with us is great and provide you with landscaping that reflects you and who you are! Our final product is not “money in the bank,” but a satisfied customer with a project of high quality....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+744 more images

La Canada-Flintridge, Landscape home remodel

La Canada-Flintridge, Landscape home remodel

lawn & landscaping2021
We did a beautiful remodel to this home in La Canada. We added a large variety in color pallet on the flowers which made it so that, even though they are drought tolerant, they are still abundant in color. Every detail from the ground cover to the plant itself, to the poured concrete finish was thought of and executed to make this project a success!

4.4

lawn & landscaping (64)hardscaping (30)lawn care (21)irrigation system (19)stone & gravel (15)tree service (12)concrete repair (10)electrician (9)lighting (7)masonry (6)concrete driveways (6)Patios (5)

04/07/2022

Aracely G.

Where do I start! I am so grateful to have found Flores Artscape and could not be happier with the results. I live in a house where my front yard is my only yard (there is no backyard) and I wanted to start making use of this outside space. With a 2-year-old toddler and 2 fur babies needing an outdoor environment, I needed it to be safe and practical for all. I had my own set of design ideas but knew that I needed guidance and an expert eye to make my ideas a reality. What I knew I wanted: artificial (pet friendly) turf on one side and a deck on the other side. This is where Eric comes in. Eric was the salesperson/designer that came out to provide a consultation and quote. Eric is awesome! He is this really cool, super knowledgeable, honest, personable guy and he totally sold it for me. He is a great representation of this company and after meeting him, I knew that I wanted to do business with this company. What I appreciated the most was that Eric was honest with me. I shared some of my ideas and although he never said it could not be done, he gave me great feedback including why he "would or would not do this/that" for me to think about. In turn, he provided me with other design ideas that I had not considered, which I ended up following through with and getting done. The only bummer was that after that initial contact, I was only able to thank Eric via email. Thanks again Eric! Next was Arturo, the amazing project manager. I cannot say enough about the level of professionalism and customer care Arturo demonstrated. There were multiple daily check-ins with me throughout the process to see if I had any questions or concerns. Be prepared, this company sends an army of workers to get your project done! Arturo was skilled at coordinating all the work and getting his crew to get the project done in a timely manner. Daily, each group of workers knew their task and got it done. It took these guys less than 2 weeks (about 9-10 days) to finish the project. They work fast (excellent work ethic!!), they are detailed oriented (the nails on my deck could not be any straighter), they clean-up at the end of each workday and they are all just a great group of workers. Mil Gracias Arturo! Financially, this was certainly an investment. I believe that they are pretty comparable with other companies, maybe a little bit more expensive, but it has truly been worth every penny. Their work is impeccable, and it has been one of the most stress-free house renovations that I've had done. More importantly, the best part of it all, has been seeing my little girl enjoy the new grassy area and beautifully constructed deck. I am so incredibly grateful! :)

Description of Work
Set artificial turf and build new deck

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 03/16/2022

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39688406

01/20/2022

David S.

Our newly purchased home was completely renovated by the seller, and looked fantastic...with the exception of the backyard (I guess they ran out of money). So after moving in, we hired Flores Artscape to bring the backyard up to par with the rest of our new home. Flores Artscape did an amazing job, were a pleasure to work with, and I plan to re-hire them for a new project on our front yard next year! When choosing our contractor to renovate our yard, we researched dozens of companies, and narrowed our choices down to three to meet and interview on-site. Eric from Flores Artscape impressed us the most with his professionalism, preparedness, and deep knowledge. He had very informative answers to all our questions, and even pushed back on some of our initial ideas--citing ways to save on costs, materials that could work better, or design choices that may be a better fit. That pushback is something we especially appreciated, and was often missing from our other two initial “sales pitch” meetings with the other contractors, who seemed to agree with whatever they thought would make us happy and sign a contract. Once we signed with Flores Artscape, work began very quickly. As new homeowners, this was our first time doing a major renovation project, and we weren’t quite sure what to expect. After all, we’ve all heard horror stories about contractors delaying builds, stopping work halfway for weeks at a time, demanding huge additional costs/charges, etc… I assumed the project would take 2-3 months, with another few weeks of added delay time (especially considering the pandemic, labor shortages, building material shortages, etc…). It turns out all our concerns were completely unwarranted… they estimated the job would be done in 6 weeks, and they were absolutely correct! Throughout the build, the entire Flores Artscape team was incredibly responsive, with emails and text messages often answered within minutes. Any changes to the proposed timeline or schedule were fully communicated in advance, and we felt completely in the loop the entire time. If we ever had any questions or concerns, we never felt like we were being brushed off or met with radio silence. Good communication is key, and the Flores team absolutely delivers here. As with any large renovation project, there are going to be some problems. As happy as we are with the work Flores Artscape did, we do have a complaint about one aspect of our yard. A few weeks after our project finished, our DG (decomposed granite) pathways started showing rather large cracks. Fortunately, even though our project ended weeks prior, Flores Artscape sent someone out to take a look the very next day. Ultimately they had a team of 3 guys come and re-work parts of the pathway within a few days. Great service! However…Unfortunately, we’re still having some issues with the DG pathways. The cracks have come back, and on top of that, recent rainstorms have eroded some fairly deep grooves into the pathways. We haven’t alerted Flores about these issues yet (we’ve been busy around the holidays), but I assume they’ll do their best to fix the problems once we reach out to the team. I’m also not sure if deep erosion grooves in DG pathways is just a normal thing people deal with when it rains heavily…again, first time homeowner…or if it’s an issue with our pathway construction (maybe not enough stabilizers?). Despite some recent hiccups with the DG pathways (which I’m confident will be taken care of), we’re extremely happy with the job Flores Artscape did on our backyard. The fact that we plan to hire them again for our next project for our front yard should tell you exactly how confident we are with their level of service.

Description of Work
Backyard renovation

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, lighting, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, fireplaces, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39603100

05/09/2021

Scott V.

Flores Artscape, Inc. is an amazing company who completed a beautiful renovation to our house’s façade and front yard. From the initial estimate through project planning, execution, and completion, every member of the Flores Artscape team accomplished their role with professionalism and integrity. The quality of the work was top-notch, and each step of the project was clearly explained to us. We felt taken care of, and our house has never looked better – all completed on time and on budget! We also loved supporting a family-owned, local business whose work is something the whole neighborhood can be proud of.

Description of Work
Renovation of House Facade and Driveway Renovation

Category carpet installation, concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39325057

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for your kind words and we had a blast working on your property and getting this project completed. We wish you all the best and hope to cross paths in the future again!

03/24/2021

Daniel H.

Let me start off by saying the work that was done by Flores Artscape is fantastic, so if I was judging them just based off of the finished product, I'd give them 5 stars. It was a relatively big project - we wanted to greatly expand and remodel our backyard deck - and with that came a good amount of demo, drainage digging and a lot of precise woodworking/install. So the fact that the deck turned out as advertised and then some is a sign that they can get the job done, no matter what. That being said I do think they could work on their communication. It was a tricky time, in the midst of a Covid surge, so there's a good chance they were understaffed. They had two guys working the project when I believe three would've moved it along faster. The biggest issue was that the guys who were working back there would regularly ask me about the project specs. I found it odd that they didn't already know what I wanted as we had pre-planned everything with their designer. Were they not filled in? I assume the job of keeping the workers up to speed is the responsibility of their project leader, not the homeowner, right? But like I said, the work turned out great so despite the back and forth that had to happen during the project, we got what we wanted! Thanks Flores!

Description of Work
Expansion and remodel of backyard deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 03/24/2021

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39263920

12/26/2020

Joseph S.

Workers did an excellent job. They were very professional and cooperative

Description of Work
Wrought iron railings along outside steps

Category carpet installation, fencing, lawn service

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39104279

06/12/2020

Nicholas J.

We didn't get far. I listed out the work I wanted done and was quoted $16,000. When I asked for a breakdown of the costs, they said they couldn't provide that. Transparency is important so it's not a great starting off point. We will hire another company for the work.

Description of Work
Landscaping, tree planting, patio build.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

11/13/2019

Miriam H.

From the first phone call to completion of my backyard project, it was a pleasure to work with such a professional and caring company. This is actually the best experience with contractors I’ve ever had (and believe me, I’ve done plenty of every kind of remodel and landscape work). Reviews of Flores Artscape are exceptional and their website introduces you to the staff, from the owners to the office team, the designers, and the landscaping crew members. Armando Jimenez was my consultant. He listened patiently to my ideas and wants, understanding that all of it was above my budget, but we worked together to prioritize and get this plan to an exciting vision.
 Eric Wills was the operations guy, he kept things on schedule and made sure that materials were here and everyone knew what they were handling. He thought of everything, even before I did and always with a smile. A huge thank you to Carlos, Juan Carlos, Angel, Leobardo, Arturo, Jose and ALL the other crew members who were sent over and worked hard and tirelessly to make this happen with little disruption. They made sure I had access to my driveway every evening and were always here when they said. Communication was excellent. Daisy Quitana made paperwork seamless and simple. The owner Rumaldo Flores, was present, engaged and took pride in the work done here. He was like a devoted family member. I can’t say thank you enough to him and Flores Artscape for an amazing and zen space that my family and friends will enjoy tremendously!

Description of Work
landscape backyard

Category concrete repair, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 38230190

07/07/2019

Barbara D.

They came and assessed the property in order to give an estimate. They took several days. First, they overestimated the length of the area to be fenced, which was not professionally measured. They did a 'walking/step' measure and they came up with 200 ft instead of the actual 138 ft which has since been properly measured. They came up with a whopping estimate of $14,000.00 which was considerably higher than the estimate I had previously rejected at $3,300. I don't think you should give this company as a fencing potential. I think they are mostly landscape and they consider themselves high end.

Description of Work
Need 138 ft of chain link fence.

Work Completed On 07/07/2019

06/13/2019

LAURA C.

Flores Artscape did a wonderful job of turning my neglected weed-ridden backyard into a place to relax in the evenings. They worked with my budget, began work immediately, and worked straight through until the project was finished (1 week).

Description of Work
Cleared backyard, created patio area, built raised planters and secure gates, planted two areas.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping, driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 37927348

03/14/2019

Nadim K.

When we started our backyard, it was a disaster. We had a tear down and re-build project that we delayed for literally a decade. We turned to Flores Artscape to help us with the project. Cody (our landscape designer) drew up some plans and we thought they looked amazing. Certainly, we were hopeful when he started the project back in November. Over the last few months, they have TRANSFORMED our backyard into an artistic, colorful and creative design with the outdoor fireplace, shade sail, fountain, flowers, decomposed granite, plants, steps, deck, lighting, and irrigation. We couldn't be happier and it's made our layout look very much like our happy place in Mexico (San Miguel de Allende). Thanks to Rumaldo, Cody, Eric, and the entire team at Flores. You really made our backyard dream come true. If you are looking for the right landscape firm to look at your project, you definitely will not be disappointed. In fact, I'm sure they will surprise you with their creativity! Nadim, Olivia, and Sofia

Description of Work
Tear down and rebuild landscaping project

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 37762200

11/18/2018

Kristen M.

This is my second time using Flores Artscape and I can unfortunately say that I will not call them again in the future. I contracted them to install a new fence in my yard, along with a new gate and another small construction project. While the fence looks good, a few weeks after installation I discovered that the gate that leads to my front yard would no longer open. The wood posts on either side of it are not level, preventing the door from swinging open. I called Flores and they sent their installer out to fix the problem. Unfortunately, the fix did not work and after another week or so, I could no longer open the gate. It has now been months and in spite of multiple phone calls and requests, the problem is still not resolved. Flores has not sent someone back to resolve the problem, and I have not been able to open the gate to my front yard for months. Poor craftsmanship and poor customer service are not a good combination. If you are reading this review, I strongly encourage you to move on and find a different landscape company.

Description of Work
New fence and gate

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

We would like to note that the gate was completely fixed within 24 hours of this writing. We sincerely apologize for the delay. Thank you for bringing our attention to this matter as it is not an accurate representation of our customer service standards and responsible employees have been corrected.

11/03/2018

Laura T.

Flores review This past summer my husband and I finally decided to redo our front and back yards and we are so glad we chose Flores as a partner. From the initial consultation to the completion of the job, they were very professional. Within a day of reaching out to Flores, someone in their office replied to set up an initial appointment, we had a proposal in hand a week after that, and our job started the following week. Our Landscaping Consultant was Arturo Jimenez and he made this process very seamless. We had an idea of what we wanted but it was helpful to have Arturo’s expertise and suggestions. It was definitely a collaborative effort. The foreman that we were assigned was Eric Wills, who was also excellent. He was a partner with us throughout the entire project and very accessible--pretty much available at any time via phone/email and even dropping by on his weekends to check in. He left no question/concern unanswered—very thorough. Throughout the entire project we were also lucky to work directly with Rumaldo Flores, one of the owners. He was part of the project from day one and frequently dropped by to discuss the progress and our general happiness with the project. Obviously the team of people we worked with was important, but now on to the actual work. We had our front yard completely redone. We removed grass and replaced with decomposed granite and CA native plants. Additionally we installed an irrigation system and lighting throughout. We also widened our driveway so that we could comfortably fit two cars and added new stairs. In the backyard we added irrigation, lighting, new stairs, trex deck (which is an alternative to and last longer than wood), and a pergola. We love it all and have had many friends and family tell us they feel like they are at a resort (a small one of course!) when they are at our place! Overall a great experience and we would highly recommend Flores for your next project!

Description of Work
landscaping

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lighting, pavers, gravel, tree service, driveway pavers, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 07/01/2018

09/30/2018

Suraj P.

A little rocky start with the back-and-forth communications, but very quickly rectified with the utmost professionalism and courtesy, topped off with a skilled crew who did an outstanding job. Very happy to support this local business, and will be using them for all my future landscaping needs.

Description of Work
lawn reseeding, tree installation, tree trimming

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

05/15/2018

Eli F.

This team is amazing. Cody Simpson knows how to design better than anyone I've ever met with or discussed landscaping with before - and I met with a lot of companies! The entire operation from start to finish was incredibly professional and the results are outstanding. This company is such a pleasure to work with. They take all the stress out, they come through on every aspect of the design and then some, and they are punctual and so communicative. I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you're thinking of doing any landscaping, whether a small or big project, go with Flores Artscape. You will be in the best of hands, and the results will blow you away.

Description of Work
Major landscape across entire front yard

Category electrician, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, lighting, pavers, gravel, tree service, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

04/08/2018

Amelia M.

Very well Friendly, helpful and good listener

Description of Work
Front yard work and plants

Work Completed On 04/08/2018

12/22/2017

EDUARDO P.

The cost seemed a little high at first but became acceptable when we saw that our “little” job required several crew members working all or most of 5 days. BTW, Raul, the project manager, was excellent. He responded to all of our concerns and was either on site or just a phone call away.

Description of Work
We had several yard improvements we needed, including replacement of a wooden picket fence, adding a drip irrigation system and lighting three trees. The job also included sodding, adding some new plants, brick replacement and sprinkler repair. An estimator came out for a walk-through and promptly sent us a proposal.

Category electrician, fencing, lawn service, lawn treatment, lighting, masonry, pavers, gravel, fountains

Work Completed On 12/07/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our work and aim to deliver a high quality project with an efficient service. Raul is a very valuable team member and we are lucky to have him work at the company. Best, Mariana Customer Service

12/11/2017

wyatt L.

Project went well with a few hiccups, but they were resolved quickly. drought tolerant landscaping was installed with drip irrigation. as well as concrete walkways and gravel pathways.

Description of Work
Complete front yard landscape renovation

Category concrete repair, landscaping, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 36699540

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Your project looks beautiful! We take pride in our work and are glad to get feedback like this acknowledging our purpose of delivering a high quality job with good service. Regards, Mariana Customer Service

11/18/2017

Bonnie M.

Plans made and work done very well. Very satisfied. Designer and workers always kept appointments and worked diligently. Office staff were a challenge -- paperwork (invoices, receipts) had to be requested and was mostly incomplete.

Description of Work
Slope-saving. Our patio is at the base of a hill. Soil was slipping downhill onto the patio.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/18/2017

09/15/2017

Sarah A.

Exceptional engineering and attention to detail.

Description of Work
Reconstruction of railroad ties and river rock staircase in hillside back yard

Category concrete repair, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your feedback. We enjoyed working on your project. Regards, Mariana Customer Service

08/30/2017

Mary G.

When we started this process we only wanted to work on the stairs because of budget concerns. As the project progressed, we quickly realized what great work they created and enjoyed the attentive service that they offered, so we and kept adding on more work! As the size and scope of our project evolved the Flores team was flexible and patient with our decision making timeline. We ended up fixing the staircase, creating a large patio, adding a long privacy fence, improving the general landscaping and irrigation. Anyone who’s had work done at their home knows that it can be a stressful and frustrating process. This was not the case with Flores Landscaping and overall such a great experience. Anytime that I had a question or concern they were available to quickly respond or take action. Eric was a wealth of knowledge and advised me on several aspects of our project from wood stains to the final selection of plants. Raul always had great suggestions for our yard and was consistently checking in on the work being performed. The team that worked on site was professional, friendly and took pride in their work. They would often check in with me to ensure that I was happy with the results or answer any questions. There was good communication among the office staff and they would proactively call to provide me with status updates. Rumaldo, the owner, was also great at touching base with me throughout the entire process. Flores Landscaping will do a professional job with high quality materials and they have a knowledgable, caring staff to help you along the way. We look forward to working with the Flores team in the future on the next phase of our yard!

Description of Work
My husband and I worked with Flores Landscaping over the summer on our backyard to create a safer and beautiful space for our young family. We could not be more thrilled with the results and experience that we had. We had an unfinished concrete staircase that needed to be fixed, very little privacy from our neighbors and landscaping that needed to be drought tolerant. Eric was AMAZING and helped guide me in my decisions to translate our design plan into something that would work within our budget and still met our needs of safety, privacy and aesthetics.

Category concrete repair, electrician, fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

Review for Flores Artscape - 3959 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 36148872

06/30/2017

DEBBI B.

Here are some reasons why we give them a TOP-rating of 5 stars!! 1) Professional Service. We had a terrific project manager; Rumaldo, who "kept the ball rolling" always with a smile on a labor-intensive project. 2) Excellent Staff. We were assigned a hard-working & friendly team (Antonio and Jose) who followed directions perfectly and made helpful suggestions. 3) Flexible and Fair. You can't foresee and plan everything ahead of time on any job involving creativity and problem solving. FLORES was willing to work with us on changes and even met us at the Nursery to help us pick out appropriate plants considering the different daylight around our property and the irrigation they installed. 4) 90-day warranty upon completion. This is invaluable and hard to find these days with any company, but FLORES made sure we were very happy with all the results. It doesn't get better than that folks! W & D

Description of Work
Landscaping, irrigation, Decomposed Granite, plants, gravel, etc.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

06/22/2017

deanna D.

Came over, late.. took the info and never got back to us..

Description of Work
We wanted a new fence put in.

Category fencing, landscaping