California Paving & Grading Co Inc

Founded 1941 • With Angi since December 2004

3253 Verdugo Rd

Los Angeles, CA 90065

LICENSE #384051. Additional phone - (877) 225-3473.

11/13/2016

Hoang P.

Very well, the door opens perfectly now. They made it look nice and drain properly.

Description of Work
I had a back door that wouldn't open properly because of uneven asphalt pavement. They had to remove and resculpt the area.

09/15/2014

Marshall C.

It went well, right on schedule

Description of Work
Replaced 50 feet of concrete driveway, removed tree root causing driveway cracking and poured new concfrete.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hauling services, driveway pavers

08/11/2014

Julien B.

The job was scheduled and postponed more than 5 times. On Monday, I called to find out what time crews would be on site and I was told noon. At 12:30pm, I called to find out where the crews were and were told that they weren't coming and that they would be scheduled for the following morning. Tuesday morning, I called and I was informed that my job had not made it on the schedule, so it would have to be scheduled the following day. Bill and quot;gave me [his] wordand quot; that crews would be there the following morning. Wednesday morning, I called and found out that yet again, my job had been pushed to the following morning. When I spoke with Foster, he said that he had more important projects that his crews were working on. On Thursday (late morning), the crews had still not shown up, and when I called, Joanne claimed that they were shifting crews around so that they could squeeze in our job. She said they would be there around noon. Someone showed up at 11am while I was not able to be on site, so Barry met with my assistant Melissa. Barry left and said they would be back between 1 and 2pm. Around 2pm, I called Joanne to find out if they were still planning to come. Joanne said she would find out. I told her that our crews normally leave the site at 3:30pm, and she said and quot;well, they will just have to wait then.and quot; A crew of 4 finally showed up shortly before 4pm and worked until about 6:30pm. As they were leaving, I asked them about the DG pile by the gate (near the storm drain) which they said would be picked up the following day. I asked if they could pick it up now, and they said no. I asked if they could give me a time the following day, and they just said morning. I told them that we would have someone on site between 7 and 8:30am. On Friday, no one came in the morning, as promised, to pick up the DG. After many phone calls and heated discussions, the DG was finally picked up around 2pm.

Description of Work
Illegal Dumping: I witnessed them dumping their concrete wash water down the storm drain. When I confronted them about this, they claimed that they didn't dump it down the storm drain, but they dumped it on the adjacent property (not our property. But I have photos and videos of them dumping down the storm drain, so I suppose they did both. They also dumped concrete waste into the nearby planter beds. After they were off site, I continued to find little clumps of concrete all around the project site. Scheduling: They postponed the job 5 times without notice causing many scheduling issues for my project. They reported that the schedule changes were due to having many "more important projects". When they were "finished," they had left a big pile of DG which took many phone calls to actually get them to come and remove. Communication: The only reason I knew the job was postponed each day was because I would call and ask. No one made any attempt to call with schedule updates. Each afternoon, they would promise to be there the following morning, and when I would call the following morning, they would say "I don't know when they will be there". Late in the job, they resorted to using curse words to communicate. Sloppy Work: The final product was sloppy. The edges of the concrete were not clean, there were many divots in the concrete. They made no attempt to clean up the concrete pieces in the adjacent lawn. And they left the salt from the salt finish, so we had to clean it up. I would never ever choose to use this company again and I would strongly urge everyone to choose a different company to work with.

08/13/2013

Brian A.

i contacted them by email to schedule an appointment. 3 days later, they responded. So i set up an appointment. They called me back to cancel and reschedule - which was ok, although it thought it was weird because i scheduled it out 2 weeks in advance, but whatever. the only time they could reschedule was for mid-morning on a Tuesday (would have been more convenient if it was first thing in the morning or last part of the day). regardless, i confirmed. i took 2 hours out of my schedule to meet them for our appointment and they never showed up. so i called - after being on hold for about 5 minutes, he came back on and said he didn't know what happened but he would call me back. he never did. and the estimator never showed. total lack of regard for other people's time. irritating

Description of Work
it is what they didn't do...

01/25/2013

Julie M.

They were very good and had no problems at all. They even did an extra job at no additional cost. It was a small job but that right there shows great customer service. They were professional and punctual. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I had hire them to widen my drive way.

01/17/2013

Harold M.

The company rep. arrived an hour or so before he was scheduled, so I wasn't there to speak with him. I contracted the service based on an outline of proposals from him which were based on the measurements he made during his visit. The crew arrived when scheduled, but were quite sloppy. The asphalt coat was applied unevenly,with visible waves, and extended beyond the wooden border boards of the driveway. Several blobs of the of the product (each about 1-4 tbls) were left on the grass making it very easy to accidentally get it on one's shoes. The procedure may have been appropriate for a strip mall, but not a residential driveway. When the driveway sustained some damage after a Fed Ex delivery man walked on it I called The company to see how much it would cost to repair the damage. I had to call four times (twice to the cell number of the estimator) and the only reply I received was an email of the initial estimate. While the company may perform well in other areas, I cannot recommend them based on my experience.

Description of Work
asphalt resurface of residential driveway.

01/10/2013

Deborah P.

Four out of five days, they said they would come but they didn't show up or called me. I had to call off workers while they scheduled them on my lot because there was not a lot of room and I was also trying to do a room addition, so it cost me extra money when they didn't come because I had to call off certain workers. They would not call me and tell me but when I complained, they say that my job was just a stinky little job to them. It took weeks for them to remove the asphalt. They dumped the asphalt in front of my house and while picking it up with bulldozers, they did some damage to the asphalt on the street.

Description of Work
California Paving & Grading Co Inc demolished asphalt for me and hauled it away.

Category hauling services, driveway pavers

12/17/2012

Ivan W H.

Excellent in every respect.

Description of Work
Remove curb and driveway, re-slope to comply with city.

07/23/2012

Steve S.

They were great. There was nothing bad I would say about any of it. The workers were great. They came in a couple stages and everything was handled professionally.

Description of Work
They put in part of a driveway.

Category concrete repair

06/18/2012

John S.

Overall job was performed satisfactorily although I thought communication could have been better. The asphalt portion of the job was scheduled to be completed in one day, however, by mid-afternoon the workers had left and the job was not finished. I had to be proactive and contact the company to find out if installation was still going to take place that day or if it would move to the next day. I was told it would move to the next day which was ok. I asked if they could place a couple of orange safety cones next to the demolition area overnight since it was in an area where there was frequent foot traffic; this was agreed. When I returned to the job site late that night no cones were present. The overall quality of the asphalt work was satisfactory, the concrete work was excellent. I know this was a small job and think perhaps communication might be better with larger jobs / clients.

Description of Work
Demolition and removal of asphalt in a parking area behind house and next to an alley; installation of new asphaltparking area plus installation of concrete stairs.

04/23/2012

Grace N.

The person who came out started taking out his pen and pencil and asking me questions. I didn't care for his presentation or quoting process. He wasn't very helpful especially considering that I was new to the process. He does a fine job on giving you a quote but didn't sell me on the position. He should have educated me more on the process.

Description of Work
He gave me an estimate on redoing my concrete driveway and walkways.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, driveway pavers, mudjacking

04/20/2012

Jim C.

Found Cal Paving on Angie's list. Estimator quickly visited and presented a bid in a timely fashion. He has updated bids several times at my request.

Description of Work
Tom quoted repaving a private road. He was prompt, courteous and professional. the price he provided was very good. i am working with neighbor to find the funds to resurface a private street. Cal Paving is one of three bidders and on my short list due to the above mentioned reasons.

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

04/01/2012

Peter R.

very responsive. excellent job. reasonable price.

Description of Work
removed about 6000 sq ft of bad asphalt and patched. Resurfaced about 19,000 sq ft with 1 1/2 inches of new asphalt

03/08/2012

Edward F.

Every thing went as Jerry Phillipps stated it would.

Description of Work
Repaired and resurfaced driveway and parking area.

03/05/2012

Doug R.

I had a couple of issues including quality that I called for, and they did not get back to me on that. I didn't feel like they completely did as much as they could on the sealing of a couple of cracks. They used a cold seal around the crack, but I thought that they were a little thin on the application. They could have done a better job; they missed a couple of areas. I would use California Paving and Grading Co Inc. again.

Description of Work
I used California Paving & Grading Co Inc to coat and seal my asphalt driveway.

03/04/2012

Barbara M.

They came on time and gave me a clear, detailed estimate. It was a good price. I opted not to have the work done at this time. If I choose to do it in the future, I will call them again for a new estimate.

Description of Work
I called for an estimate to cover and repair my asphalt driveway.

02/13/2012

Barry G.

.They did a really good job. I was really happy with them.

Description of Work
.They resurfaced a long asphalt driveway.

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

01/18/2012

Mike A.

CPand G came out to give an estimate very quickly after my initial phone call. Their price was competitive, their reviews were good, and they were able to start immediately, so I hired them. They arrived exactly as scheduled and completed the job in two days. I am very satisfied with the quality of the driveway and will call them again for any concrete-related needs I ever have.

Description of Work
We have a very small driveway, just enough to park two cars. It was made of brick that had become completely destroyed. California Paving & Grading pulled out the brick, prepared the area, and poured a new concrete driveway.

12/29/2011

Diedre G.

I liked them. They were very professional in their estimating job and were very competitive on their bid. They didn't make it on the day they were supposed to come because they got hung up on another job so that was disappointing. However they did come the next day. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used California Paving & Grading to do some asphalt paving.

12/09/2011

Anni A.

They did a great job and I was happy with their service.

Description of Work
They did an ashpalt repair for me. They also were equiped to help pull up the roots that were causing all the damage.

04/21/2011

Isabelle M.

They completed the work quickly and we were very satisfied.

Description of Work
They patched pot holes in our diveway.

01/31/2011

Dustin N.

The job was excellent. They were there on time, they didn’t make a mess, and they coated it first thing in the morning so they could come back and paint it by 4:00. The price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
California Paving & Grading Company did a re-coat on our asphalt driveway.

01/28/2011

Matthew C.

Good price (not the lowest, but close) Excellent work; driveway looks great.

Description of Work
Paved 200 ft asphalt driveway, with a center concrete drainage channel.

09/07/2010

Evelyn M.

It turned-out beautifully. It was a big project. They provided estimates for both asphalt as well as concrete. They had the most reasonable estimate of all of the contractors that we contacted. They were extremely professional and really seemed to be happy doing their job. The owner was very nice and knowledgeable and worked well with us in answering all of our questions and concerns.

Description of Work
They removed our old cement driveway and poured a new concrete driveway. They also installed new drain pipes.

04/21/2010

Tena V.

It was really good. It was quick and done professionally. They were clean as well. They also hauled away some scrap metal for me.

Description of Work
They tore out an old asphalt drive and put in a new one. They also fixed the grade on the drive. I received three bids on this project, and this company gave me bid 50% lower than the next lowest bid.

Hedy Wolf - Transcription and Typing

Hi, I'm Hedy at hwolf3@verizon.net. I have been doing transcription for 21 years in various areas including legal, medical, entertainment, science and academic. I also do typing projects such as manuscripts, reports, data entry and Excel. You can contact me by phone or email at hwolf3@verizon.net. Website is https://www.wolftranscription.com/

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers Coupon

Junk King Los Angeles

Our uniformed, well-trained employees offer professional services at affordable prices that are guaranteed to beat our competitors’. We happily provide free written estimates before beginning any work and make sure the premises are tidy before we leave. We’re serious about the environment too. We recycle and save from the landfill almost 60% of everything we pick up.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Asphalt paving, concrete paving, seal coating, fine grading, striping & petro mat.