C Perez Sprinkler & Landscape

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2010

We can help you get the best from the space available. We consider existing features, good and bad, and how these might fit into the new scheme. What new features would be appropriate bearing in mind the site and your budget. We will provide a sensible plan with options, schemes and work schedules

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Pool Area AfterBeforeAfter

lawn & landscaping (102)lawn care (55)irrigation system (52)hardscaping (13)rototilling (12)mulch delivering (12)lawn treatment (12)stone & gravel (8)leaf removal (8)hauling (7)drain pipe installation (5)tree service (3)

01/30/2023

Rick H.

Amazing work! They guided me through the process of improving and repairing my 50ft retaining wall. They gave me plenty of options and at every step they where incrediblly professional and helpful. If you are going to do any retaing wall work or landscaping you simply must hire them!

Description of Work
Repair and upgranding 50 ft double level retaining wall.

08/31/2022

Richard S.

Cipriano has been working with us for 7 years on maintaining our yard. He has a wealth of knowledge on plants, flowers, and trees. He landscaped our front and back yards, which included fencing and irrigation and drainage. When dealt with a problem he is able to provide workable ideas to solve it…which he has done several times for us. He has a “good eye” for what works best and a real passion for gardening and landscaping.

Description of Work
lawn and shrub maintenance, irrigation, drain pipe installation, landscaping, gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/30/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review for us. Thank you for remaining loyal to our business during all these years (7 years is a long time) Thank you so much, we are grateful to have you as our client. CP

05/12/2020

Julie U.

He replaced 2 faulty valves and added a shutoff valve to control both. He came at the appointed time in the morning to look at the leaky broken valves and said he could come at 5PM to do the job. That would be fine if we lived there so we could see the job and pay him afterwards but he said we could mail the payment after we see the job the next day. We saw the repair job the next day and we were pleasantly pleased. He did a fantastic job and the new valves does not leak. Happy Happy.

Description of Work
Replacement of lawn irrigation valves.

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

08/21/2019

Tony M.

He did not get back to me. I had to contact him after meeting with me. He was unable to give me an estimate of the cost when he met with me.

Description of Work
Gardening that is all

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

07/06/2019

Larry E.

Excellent. Cipriano is very knowledgeable and has helpful ideas. He is on time each week and will do extra work, time permitting. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Weekly maintenance for yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

05/11/2019

Brett S.

We had a complete landscaping job done by C. Perez, and they exceeded our expectations. Fantastic work, very personable and provided a very reasonable price. I highly recommend them. They went above and beyond to make sure they did the job perfect. ++AAAAAA Thank you!

Description of Work
Complete landscaping job

Work Completed On 04/28/2019

04/23/2019

S T.

This years rain brought a very bad weed and brush problem at my property (@4,000sf of hillside planters). Weeds were 4 -5 feet high in some areas and almost every inch of my property was covered. The previous company i used was OK, but i did not really like the owner who seemed a little "off" and would just pull a number quickly out of his head before he even discussed the scope of work. I had been looking at landscape reviews for some time...all had some negative reviews along with positive. I finally decided to give C. Perez a try (least concerning negatives and a lot of positives). I reached out to Cipriano who was on time (actually early) for the consultation. He thoughtfully looked at the scope of work, and actually gave it some thought before blurting out a figure. We discussed the options of hand pulling vs. weed whacker and which locations would be best for each method. He gave me a price that I thought was fair. Cipriano texted me to confirm the night before, and the crew (i think there were four total) showed up on time and got to work immediately. They actually completed the work in less time than they had originally estimated, but they did not cut any corners. They did the job almost entirely by hand with only one small area using the whacker. They removed a few dead shrubs for me, clipped a few tree branches and cleaned up corners I had not pointed out to them...they even pulled some weeds between the driveway stones and on my deck. I could not believe how thorough they were and how neat and clean everything was left. I wish I had taken before and after photos but sadly I did not. I would absolutely use them again and recommend to anyone looking for a hardworking, sincere company owner that seems to genuinely want to do the best job he can for his clients.

Description of Work
Brush clearance

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Work Completed On 04/20/2019

04/12/2019

Richard E.

Everything went well until the end. Cipriano was extremely punctual and always got back to me if I e-mailed him. The workers he sent did a very good job and were very courteous. The only reason I gave them an overall rating of B and a C for professionalism was that after I paid the workers, they told me Cipriano would call me later in the day to schedule the re-landscaping of the cactus bed (which was to be paid for separately at a later date). I never heard from him again and I also never got the Starbucks discount coupon they advertise on Angie's List, which he assured me I would get. I thought that was rather unprofessional. However, the work they did do was excellent.

Description of Work
Clear out certain plants in cactus bed, trim all the others, and clear the weeds. Also, spread weed killer. Trim back bird of paradise in northeast corner of yard.

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

04/12/2019

Rita T.

Our appointment was time at 7:30 am. The workers appeared promptly on time and immediately got to work on sprucing up my front, side, and back yards. This crew worked hard throughout the day on a tough project! Each crew member tended to our plants respectfully and checked with us often to ensure they did the work we expected. Once they completed the job, they took away all the debris and left the property beautifully clean. I highly recommend Cipriano Perez and his crew for your gardening clean up, landscape, and sprinkler needs.

Description of Work
Mostly clearing out overgrowth

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

02/16/2019

John K.

Cipriano is FANTASTIC. He's punctual, responsive, knowledgeable, and takes tremendous PRIDE in his work - so it SHOWS. His work is TOP NOTCH. He replaced some really crappy turf that another installer had talked me into, and he installed beautiful, thick, high-end turf that looks real and feels amazing. And he did it all in LESS time than he said it would take, despite having to do it in between rain storms! He rearranged all the sprinklers, organized the system, moved an incredibly heavy piece of stone to another part of the yard, and just did an overall BEAUTIFUL job on our back yard! I cannot possibly recommend him HIGHLY ENOUGH!! I've had turf installed by three other companies in the past, and C.Perez is by FAR the absolute BEST. Quality, price, and professionalism! I will definitely ONLY call them in the future!

Description of Work
Replaced grass with turf, and replaced sub-standard turf with high-end turf

Category hauling services, landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

Review for C Perez Sprinkler & Landscape - 17548 Lemay Pl, Los Angeles, CA - 37716904

06/28/2018

Nicole D.

Mr. Perez came out to view our backyard. He wrote up an estimate that was less than any of the other contractors (4800-6000). The work was done quickly and efficiently. Mr. Perez and his employees were professional and conscientious about doing quality work. Our yard has been finished for two weeks now, and Mr. Perez has come back 3 times to check on it and to adjust our sprinkler timers. He provides excellent customer service and I would highly recommend his company to friends and family.

Description of Work
Sprinklers, drip lines, sod, and privacy shrubs.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, rototilling

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

06/19/2018

Gary E.

Excellent, I have used C.erez a few time before and have always received excellent work.

Description of Work
Yard Clean uo and tree removel.

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

03/01/2018

Allen C.

Cipriano and his crew were fast, clean, a pleasure to work with. First rate work, offered excellent suggestions, left the job site sharp and clean.

Description of Work
Removed old pavers, grass, sprinklers, installed new. Also repaired old paver patio

Category hauling services, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

12/05/2017

Richard S.

If you want a man who knows his plants, their characteristics, what environment they thrive best in, and the care they need (or don’t need), Cipriano Perez is that man. In addition to his extensive plant knowledge, in landscaping he sees not just the plans as a whole unit, but sees the details. He pays great attention to details be it in the placement of plants, the irrigation, or the esthetic appearance. He also takes great effort to do the job correctly (no short-cuts) and gives well thought out solutions to any problems that may arise. We are extremely happy with the landscaping he did on the side of our house and to the hillside and flat area in our backyard. He was careful to understand our tastes and it was clearly important to him to give us a garden that we would be happy with. In colloquial terms, “fantastic” and “awesome” are two words that come to mind to describe the landscape work that C. Perez Sprinkler and Landscape did for us.

Description of Work
Landscaping the side yard and backyard (which included a very steep hill).

Category gutter cleaning, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, leaf removal, mulch, rototilling

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], I'm so glad to hear this... . my goal is always to leave a happy client to a future friend. Is very important for me to understand every detail of the project to offer the best product available. Thank you so much for your review. Cipriano Perez

09/22/2017

Kenneth C.

We hired C Perez to landscape our yard, put in sod, new irrigation along with mulch and gravel and new plants and couldn't be happier. C came out and gave a very fair estimate and started the following week, finishing in 5 days as promised. C was here every day with his helper Nelson and transformed our front and back yard. He did specialty irrigation for our garden planter boxes. Initially we had wanted a drip line in the planters but discovered later that it did not deliver enough water for our vegetables and C came back out and changed it out to a sprinkler system at no charge. Our neighbor has asked for his contact information after seeing his work at our home. C Perez is honest, extremely hard working (this was during the heat wave) and gave us a very fair quote and the job came in on budget and on time. Couldn't recommend him more and will certainly call him on our next project.

Description of Work
landscaping, irrigation, mulch, gravel, planting and sod

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, rototilling, pavers, gravel, misting systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

07/21/2017

Lorey L.

Excellent job by Mr. Perez and his crew. Mr. Perez visited twice to spray plant killer to kill off remnants of the old grass, two weeks in a row. Work started on about the third week. Four long days of hard work by Mr. Perez and his crew followed. Mr. Perez also offered much appreciated advice on the care of some of my plants in the yard. He also suggested using "bubblers" for my laurels, instead of a drip system. They worked hard and cleaned the area each evening. I mean, their equipment stayed overnight, but they swept up each night. Most of our soil had about turned to CLAY and was VERY HARD to dig out. I also appreciated that he 'talked me down' from a project I was considering (privacy fencing on top of our concrete wall). He suggested a way to grow my lantana plant (and add another of the same) to have it grow up for privacy! Perfect solution for much less money. Price was about what I expected, and we got a 10% Angie's List discount. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
We decided to put back a small section of green grass in our backyard. This was work that I originally attempted myself, but soon realized I was not up to the task. Work involved killing off old grass (weeds, mostly), removing top layer, rototilling and amending the area, placing new sprinklers and valves, and hooking up a sprinkler timer that I purchased myself. Also needed drip system for laurels along a side wall and for an orange tree.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, rototilling

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

Review for C Perez Sprinkler & Landscape - 17548 Lemay Pl, Los Angeles, CA - 35871736

04/21/2017

Peter B.

We are very happy with our continuing relationship with Cipriano and his crew.

Description of Work
General Landscape maintenance, tree-trim.

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

04/06/2017

Jerome E.

The actual removal and subsequent installation went well, although Cipriano himself ended up not doing the bulk of the work - which was disappointing. The lawn looks great, though there are uneven spots here and there. My biggest complaint is communication. Since the installation, I have called and left messages with questions or requests 3 times, with no response. I additionally referred him to a neighbor, who also got no response to his message of interest. Cipriano is clearly very knowledgeable, and very personable. However, not returning phone calls just isn't professional, and for this reason I can't recommend this company. It's a shame. If it wasn't for that, I certainly would.

Description of Work
Old lawn removal and installation of new sod.

Work Completed On 12/05/2016

03/27/2017

Loren N K.

The experience has been wonderful! Cipriano (the owner) is very knowledgeable and so is his crew. This is NOT a "Mow, Blow and Go" operation, C Perez Sprinkler & Landscape does first-rate work for us each and every week. We never have to ask them to do anything, they see what needs to be done and do it. Each guy on the crew is friendly and eager to go above and beyond when I need help moving potted plants, boxes, etc, etc. We have a very old sprinkler system and sprinklers break occasionally. When I notice one is broken, I call Cipriano and he comes right over and fixes the problem. I'm very happy I hired C Perez Sprinkler & Landscape and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
We use C Perez Sprinkler & Landscape as our weekly gardening service and have been using them for over two years.

Category concrete driveways, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, rototilling, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, misting systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

03/10/2017

Evelyn G.

I contacted this company four times to schedule a consultation for my landscaping project. I left three voice messages and sent an email via Angie's List. I received no response, not even a courtesy call to let me know they are too busy to take new customers. I honestly do not know how they maintain an "A" rating on Angie's List?

Description of Work
No service performed.

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

01/15/2017

Hilary H.

I prepared a "wish list" of the projects I could get done, and when Mr. Perez came to the house to discuss the work, showed him the list and asked what we could get done within my eight man-hours. He looked at the list, and I showed him the work, and he gave me a flat price to do all the work ($600 or $800) I explained that I didn't need to get it all done, but wanted to just do that which would fall within my deal. So he countered offered with a slightly smaller total price. I again explained that I wanted to do only that which could be done within eight manhours, but he didn't seem to understand, and repeated a flat rate for all the work. I have a feeling someone in his office agreed to the Angie's List deal, while Mr. Perez is used to dealing on a flat per-task/project bid. We never did start speaking the same hours/project language, and I ultimately cancelled the deal. He does seem knowledgeable, and if I have future landscape work, would consider him, knowing it would be a per-project flat cost.

Description of Work
They offered a Big Deal for yard work: $199 for 8 man-hours of landscaping, and a design consultation. I had some various projects which could be done, including removal of a small tree, and rerouting some sprinklers.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 02/25/2016

01/05/2017

Brian W.

He didn't show up to our first appointment. When I emailed him the next day, he claimed his truck "broke down", but offered no excuse as to why he didn't call to let me know he wouldn't be there. I scheduled another appointment, and he did show up this time. I asked for an estimate for a number of fairly big jobs I needed done, and they assured me that they would have one within a week. Never got one. Checked back with him 9 days later, and was told that he got the "flu" but was back to work and would have an estimate soon. Four week go by and I hear nothing. He could have just told me he either didn't want, couldn't handle, or didn't have the time to accept my job. But instead he wastes over a month of my time. Very unprofessional. Would never recommend.

Description of Work
Artificial Grass. Decomposed Granite. Completely redesign and install a new sprinkler system over entire yard. Design drought friendly concept that would cover 30% of our property

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping