Butel Construction Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2005

We have an A+ rating with the BBB. We are licensed, bonded and insured in every trade. We are on Angie's List Honors Roll regularly. We are well known for our high quality workmanship, timeliness, and customer care. Read the reviews and see for yourself! We specialize in custom residential homes, room and second story additions, bathroom and kitchen remodels, landscape and hardscape. In addition, we also work on hill side projects and commercial projects. Butel Construction is proudly a one-stop shop. Our team provides expertise in design, installation, plumbing, electrical and high end finish all of the elements of a successfully completed project from concept to completion. Our team works with our clients to understand all parameters important to successfully complete the project. This ensures that the result matches your vision! With an extensive background in the intricacies of high level detailed remodeling and construction, we create affordable and unique designs for our clients. By staying current with the latest trends in traditional, transitional and contemporary styles we provide our clients with designs that are on the cutting edge in the industry. Butel Construction also offers custom-built cabinets offering the widest variety of laminates and finishes. We believe the customer is always right. We listen to your ideas and work with you to make those ideas a reality. No matter where you are in the process of your project, we are ready to work with you. We are fortunate to have a diverse crew of talented tradesmen and craftsmen. We can take care of everything … from start to finish. Even if you don’t have an architect or engineer, or if you aren’t quite sure where to get started, we can help. We can handle all of your project needs, from the planning stage, to foundation, to roofing and everything in between. Additional phone: (323) 938-6360. Additional fax: (323) 938-9548...

A Service Provider's profile image

+14 more images

home remodeling (213)electrician (87)plumbers (82)interior painting (77)tile installation (76)countertop installation (65)flooring (64)drywall (60)lighting (51)door installation (49)cabinet makers (48)window replacement (39)

08/01/2022

Diana T.

Shia, Megan, Miguel and everyone at Butel construction is amazing! This was our second project with Butel in the last few years and I trust them completely. They are so easy to work with and the quality of their work is exceptional! We are thrilled with the final project and it came in on time and perfectly on budget. Since we were living in the house during the remodel, they made extra effort to keep our house clean, protect our floors, minimize dust and disruption etc. The remodeled bedroom is gorgeous and we can’t be happier! First rate professionals all the way!

Description of Work
Remodeled bedroom and repaired bathroom

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/15/2022

[Member Name Removed], Wow - we love working with you! Thank you for being such a wonderful and loyal client to work with since 2007! We are so happy to hear that you love your home. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to working with you in the future on any home projects. We wish you all the best!

07/12/2022

Mike G.

Average. 1. Didn't level floor, shows in cabinetry. 2. Poor design, refrigerator placed in corner, so one door barely opens 90°. 3. One worker ripped out window (ad planned) late on a Friday afternoon and left a open hole in the wall during winter for the weekend. 4. Another worker ripped out my ATT fiber optic cable. Claimed he was justified because he didn’t know what it was. In regards to #3, someone was sent out at 8am on Sunday to patch the hole, but still had to deal with one night of the cold local Ocean air to rush in, over taxing HVAC. In regards to #4, Butel Construction paid ATT's service fee. But I never got an apology from Butel Construction for the worker doing such an idiotic action.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category appliance repair, remodeling

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your feedback. It is very appreciated. Overall, your kitchen came out absolutely beautiful! In some cases, there are difficulties with a project. We are definitely taking each and every project seriously. We do our best to act as quickly and promptly as possible when things arise. Shai, our contractor, apologized to you personally for any inconveniences that you experienced and discussed solutions with you right away. We will always take care of things with our clients. Thank you very much. We hope that you are enjoying your beautiful kitchen!

08/17/2021

Wayland D.

Butel is an excellent general contractor and I would recommend them for any renovation or home construction project. We have used them several times, from relatively small projects like enclosing a porch or refinishing floors, to major renovations like a new master suite and a basement conversion that required major structural remediation. Miguel (field super) is friendly and quick to respond to questions by text. Prices are fair, and they do not nickle-and-dime you with change orders. Workmanship was excellent. We are very happy with the work and will use them again when it's time for the next project.

Description of Work
Addition/renovation

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, excavators, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, drain pipe, stucco, home remodeling, doors, foundation repair, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/29/2021

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We love working with you and bringing your vision to life! We are excited to work with you again.

08/16/2021

robyn B.

We LOVED working with Butel Construction! It's rare you hear someone say they loved working with their contractor but it's true - we genuinely had a great experience with them throughout the whole process. We remodeled and added onto our kitchen, converted our garage to an ADU and designed front/backyard landscaping. Shai and his crew were always on top of it and very organized. For instance - he sent me a weekly schedule every Sunday and if new or unexpected work popped up - he would send a docusign same day so everything was always agreed upon in a formal way. They showed up when they said they would and kept to the schedule even during a pandemic. Their attention to detail, safety, and overall quality control was top-notch! I cannot recommend them enough and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, ADU, landscaping

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, gutter repair, landscaping, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, garage builders, drain pipe, structural engineer, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/13/2021

Thank you so much for this kind review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us, we feel the same way! You are a joy to work with. We hope that you are doing great!

08/13/2021

Ellen D.

Fantastic! We've worked with Shai Butel of Butel Construction since 2006. We've done a lot together - two kitchen remodels (one in 2006 and one in 2021!), three bathroom remodels, a bedroom/bathroom addition and a TON of other projects. And we keep coming back because Shai and his team do high quality work, on time, on budget and are a complete pleasure to work with. Don't look any further - Shai is your choice for contractor! :)

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, home builders, marble & granite, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

We so appreciate this kind review! We love to hear that our clients had a great experience. That is what we aim for! We love working with you and are looking forward to continuing to do so!

07/27/2021

Andrea A.

Wow... I have been a practicing landscape architect in Beverly Hills for 30+ years. So I have experience with construction. Butel Construction is really the top of the pile. While my project was not a full blown ground up house, I never felt that I was the poor cousin. I got prompt attention, excellent subs and a fine tuned construction project.

Description of Work
Down to the studs new master bathroom

Category appliance repair, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]! They are so appreciated. We loved working with you on your project and bringing your vision to life!

07/24/2021

Yvette R.

I have used several contractors for different renovations and I have never been as happy from start to finish on a project as I was with Butel. Shai helped me with ideas, was honest about what was needed and what was not. Miguel and Angel , who work for Butel, gave me new ideas on how to place the bathroom tile as well as the cabinet for the island both of which came out better than anything I was imagining. Shai always answered my text and emails right away. At the end anything I did not like they were willing to change because they only wanted me to be happy with the final product. All conversations and communication were professional and friendly and I felt comfortable asking questions and talking to everyone on the project. I will never use any other company but Butel construction in the future.

Description of Work
Home remodel including garage remodel, opening living room and kitchen, kitchen and living room remodel, bathroom remodel, and master bedroom expansion .

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, garage doors, glass repair, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, garage builders, skylights, woodworking, marble & granite, structural engineer, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/24/2021

It was so great to work with you! We so appreciate you and your kind words. Your great attitude made this project even more enjoyable, which is always our approach as well! We look forward to all the projects to come with you.

07/14/2021

Sheri H.

It took me years to find a contractor I trust as much as I trust Shai. He and his team operate with the highest level of integrity, they are capable and kind. I feel very fortunate to be able to work with them.

Description of Work
I'm a designer and have done MANY projects with Butel Construction.

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, garage doors, glass repair, gutter repair, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, landscaping, lighting, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, water heater repair, replacement windows, fireplaces, garage builders, home builders, skylights, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, structural engineer, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, gas leak repair, doors, sunrooms, foundation repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

Thank you so much for your kind words. We absolutely feel the same way about working with you. It is a pleasure!

07/14/2021

Amy A.

This was a big project that involved removal of walls and a fireplace, and all new everything. The end result was a big open kitchen that is more beautiful than we ever expected. The crews and supervisors are experienced and professional, and their teamwork is impressive. We are already scheduled to begin our next project with the Butel team!

Description of Work
Kitchen Reconfiguration/Remodel

Category closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, skylights, drain pipe, structural engineer, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, gas leak repair, doors

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Review for Butel Construction Inc - 257 S Citrus Ave, Los Angeles, CA - 39402348

Thank you so much for your kind review of Butel Construction. We so appreciate you. We have loved working with you and seeing your vision come to life! We are looking forward to working with you again on your upcoming project!

04/20/2021

JJ F.

My home looks gorgeous. I interviewed three other contractors and am so glad that I decided to work with Butel Construction. Shai had many ideas and suggestions for ways to remodel my townhouse, to make the best use of a small space, and to create a kitchen that looks contemporary and airy. Shai listened to my ideas and incorporated my sense of design with the result being the perfect space for me, in terms of both my lifestyle and taste (the other contractors seemed to have one look that was used for everyone). The workers were professional and highly experienced. One of the cabinets was scratched when the dishwasher was installed and the Shai immediately told me not to worry and that it would be replaced. My home was left extremely clean at the end of each work day. My brother also used Shai to remodel his kitchen and I have recommended Butel Construction to several friends and colleagues.

Description of Work
home remodel (kitchen, entryway, dining room)

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/20/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much. It was great working with you! We appreciate the business. We are so happy that your living space turned into everything you had wished. We hope to see you in the near future! Sincerely, Shai Butel and the Butel Construction Team

09/09/2020

Richard V.

This was my second time working with Shai Butel and it was as much of a pleasure as the first. This time we were remodeling an entire 2900sqft 1960's house. Shai took it down to the studs and built it back. The finish is so perfect everyone who visits thinks it's a brand new home. Shai sticks to his budget, has a fantastic, happy team, and they were working **** ** site every single day.

Description of Work
Whole House Gut & Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/07/2020

David G. K.

Congenial owner with an extraordinary team of workers who went out of their way to make things exactly as we wished. No request was too small or unimportant, even after the final bill was paid. The project manager was frequently on site and always accessible by phone or text. The subcontractors were all highly professional and accommodating. The finished result was even better than we imagined. We would call Shai again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Remodel of kitchen, two baths, hall and living room

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, drain pipe, marble & granite, dumpster service, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

Review for Butel Construction Inc - 257 S Citrus Ave, Los Angeles, CA - 38781013

08/06/2020

andrea A.

Butel Construction is excellent. We found asbestos around 1929 pipes and Butel found a licensed company and scheduled the removal. Communication, my biggest issue in construction, was immediate. The subs all professional. And the tile sub was an artist.

Description of Work
Down to the studs second floor bathroom.

Category appliance repair, home builders

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

Review for Butel Construction Inc - 257 S Citrus Ave, Los Angeles, CA - 38777537

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your lovely review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. We hope to see work with you again in the near future on your upcoming projects!

07/22/2020

Oak D.

Shai is an outstanding “General” with his own team. Expert, personable, efficient and responsive to all requests. In addition, Shai is very helpful coordinating with Insurance Companies. HIGHEST MARKS

Description of Work
Remodel Family Room

Category appliance repair, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, excavators, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, hardwood floor, insulation, landscaping, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, marble & granite, structural engineer, dumpster service, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for using Butel Construction It was pleasure to working with you Best Shai Butel

05/29/2020

Andrew A.

Butel construction succeeded beyond our expectations on our remodel. We remodeled our master bathroom converting it into an en suite built from the ground up, installed all new floors throughout the entire house and built a kitchen from top to bottom. All of the work was exceptional with regular check-ups and approvals throughout the remodel project.

Description of Work
Remodeled a kitchen, master bathroom, painted & installed new floors

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, drain pipe, ceiling fans, marble & granite, stucco, dumpster service, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Review for Butel Construction Inc - 257 S Citrus Ave, Los Angeles, CA - 38602620

05/06/2020

Robin B.

All the work was more than satisfactory. The jobs were run efficiently, timely and to perfection!

Description of Work
4 bathrooms remodeled

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you. All the bathrooms came out beautiful especially the master bathroom. We hope to work with you soon on your next project. Thank you.

05/06/2020

Chaya C.

Butel construction did a spectacular job. They were efficient, clean and professional and really stood by their work.

Description of Work
Entire home renovation

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for letting us remodel your entire home and being a faithful client to Butel Construction Inc. for the past six years. We are looking forward to hearing from you in the near future. Thank you.

05/03/2020

robert S.

Shai is a middleman. A couple of his sub contractors were awesome. And the others absolutely sucked. Its been three years and I am already redoing the work I hired Butel Construction to do. I just tore into a stucco fix performed by Butel and I was shocked to find that it was just a cover up and not a proper fix. No surprise that it cracked within two years. Hire Butel only if you are prepared to be your own foreman.

Description of Work
Concrete, wall and stucco repair

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

04/11/2020

Julie A.

We hired Shai and his team about a year ago for a full remodel and couldn’t be happier with the results. We have since converted the property to an investment property and Shai has continued to be incredibly responsive in addressing any needs that have arisen prior to our renters moving in. Overall, we had a very positive experience with everyone we worked with directly at Butel and would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Complete condo remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, structural engineer, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

Review for Butel Construction Inc - 257 S Citrus Ave, Los Angeles, CA - 38506354

Hello [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], It was such a great experience to be able to work with you. The end result was aesthetically pleasing, to say the least. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us. Please don't hesitate to call us back on your next project!

03/24/2020

Christina N.

We are so happy to have found Butel Construction. We are first time homeowners and knew we wanted a wall in our house taken down to make the space more open. It was the first time we ever attempted any construction to this price and degree and we were quite nervous (even though their company has done projects ten times bigger than this). Shai answered all my questions, was very forthcoming, spent a lot of time explaining everything to me - and this was before I every signed a single thing. The price was also the most reasonable I found and the end result did not disappoint. The project went smoothly and finished earlier than they had planned, even knocking down the price when they demoed the wall and discovered a beam was already in place and a new one was no longer needed. We have other things in mind for our house and are definitely looking forward to working with Shai and Butel Construction again.

Description of Work
We had a wall between two rooms knocked down to open up the space.

Category ceramic tile, hardwood floor, plastering, remodeling

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] I'm glad you happy with the construction results We hope to see you soon on your next construction project Best Shai Butel

03/19/2020

Heather J.

We hired Butel Construction to remodel our kitchen which required removing a load bearing wall to create an open space. We had met with three other contractors and all estimates came in roughly around the same amount, but we immediately liked Shai and felt like we could trust him. This was our first experience with a job of this size, and we had tried to prepare ourselves for the inevitable overruns in time and money. I’m happy to say that we were back in our kitchen only 1 week later than originally estimated, which was amazing considering we did this over the holidays, and all overages were upgrades or adds we decided to make along the way. The job included removing the wall, adding a support beam, adding a skylight, adding an island with cooktop and range, replacing countertops, painting existing cabinetry, replacing tile flooring, adding backsplash, installing all new appliances and sink/faucet, adding a window, replacing all lighting and adding new ceiling lighting to living room, and repainting of the kitchen and living room. Shai was always very responsive and available. He or his foreman were onsite daily, and the scheduling of workers and/or vendors was coordinated and efficient. Shai’s paperwork (estimates and invoicing) was very professional and organized. At the end of a week, he would always let us know what would be happening the following week, and then at the end of most days he would text us with what would happen the following day. Most importantly, the kitchen came out amazing. Shai is very particular about details, so if we felt something wasn’t perfect, he would make sure it would be done to our satisfaction. There were even some things we didn’t notice that he addressed and improved. The kitchen came out better than we could have imagined, and I know our experience is rare in that we were incredibly lucky to not have had any major hiccups along the way. We would highly recommend Butel Construction to anyone and will definitely use Shai again!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, skylights, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 01/20/2020

02/21/2020

Douglas B.

This was our third project with Butel Construction. We previously hired them for complete remodels of our kitchen and master bathroom. This time, they demolished a covered, enclosed patio and built a new family room from the ground up, including custom cabinets, extensive electric, a wet bar, and adjacent patio. Shai, his team, and his broad network of subcontractors are top quality and extremely professional. They were not only focused on building just what we wanted, they were expert at developing solid solutions for unanticipated difficulties (e.g., re-routing roof drainage, replacing the main electrical line, strengthening walls of the existing house, etc.). Shai does not let issues or problems sit; he gets the proper people on them right away. The services come at a price, but you definitely get high quality for it. We are thrilled with the results; our new room is the nicest in the entire house.

Description of Work
Addition of family room (approx. 400 sq. ft.) and patio

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, patios