BRYDEN ELECTRICAL INC

California
California: Contractors

2930 Westwood Blvd 205

Los Angeles, CA 90064

We are a full service electrical contractor serving the Los Angeles area since 1984. Our loyal customers of homeowners, renters, landlords, property management companies, interior designers, and commercial establishments continue to rely on us because we take an interest in each customer and take pride in the quality of our work. We are prompt, professional, attentive, and helpful, all at competitive prices. Free estimates are either by phone or, if necessary, in person at your convenience. We do not charge for travel within the Los Angeles basin....

electrician (109)lighting (25)ceiling fan installation (5)appliance repair (5)landscape lighting (4)

05/06/2022

Bridget J.

This is the second time we've used Bryden Electrical for an electrical wiring job in our vintage home. Andre, our electrical engineer, exceeded expectations. He is the best electrician bar none, we have ever worked with. The job was done in good time and the rate was extremely fair. This company is superb.

Description of Work
Install Outdoor Light Timer in Complicated 4-Way Electrical System

Category appliance repair,electrician

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

01/04/2021

Bruce A.

Excellent! Brain showed up for the quote on time. Explained what had to be done to bring the electrical supply up to code. He then showed up with his team that was actually doing the work to explain to them everything that needed done (this was very much appreciated giving me confidence in the work to be performed). I was very happy with the work his team did (they also took the time to explain what was being done). A few days the work was completed Brian came by to inspect it (this was also great and unexpected based on past experiences with other contractors). Finally, I thought the cost was very fair. I have nothing bad to say about Brian. I was very happy with the entire experience.

Description of Work
Bring up to code the electrical supply from house to garage.

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

11/25/2020

PAUL R.

They successfully and quickly were able to connect the AC from my garage door opener to the exterior wall outside via a new conduit. I have since plugged in my lit water fountain. They called me days prior to my scheduled appointment to see if I was available and I was. Very professional service, honest pricing and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed an AC outlet on the exterior of my garage.

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

10/22/2020

Maciej S.

We found this company further down in the google search results because, if you don’t already know, the bulk of the top listings are just fake companies that refer you out and earn a commission doing so. This is A REAL COMPANY. That employs actual electricians. Professionals. That know what they’re talking about and doing. They found that we had water damage from a unit above that shorted some AFCI breakers. Came in and replaced them quickly and everything was back to normal. Fantastic service, will use them again in the future. Bookmark this fantastic company. They will treat you right. Don’t get fooled by those fake companies that do nothing but refer you out and collect a fee. Call these guys, they are professionals that get the job done. Thank you Bryden Electrical!

Description of Work
Replaced AFCI Breakers

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

09/16/2020

Toni L.

Awaiting condo board to approve work.

Description of Work
Replace electrical hook up for new stove

Category appliance repair,electrician

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

09/08/2020

Meg P.

Very well. No damage to walls or ceilings. Rewired everything including several outlets/switches that weren't working. Cleaned up after the work. Passed DWP inspection.

Description of Work
Whole house rewiring, upgrade panel, add two outdoor switches.

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

12/10/2019

Wm J B.

Great Fast, ontime on budget AND nice people

Description of Work
rewire outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

06/03/2019

Catherine H.

Fabulous! High quality work, very professional.

Description of Work
Upgraded electrical plug in garage for Tesla and new jacuzzi on-off switch

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

05/04/2019

Gib G.

Daniel came from Bryden electric within the window time. He was friendly, professional and did all of the work perfectly. He worked diligently to get all of the work done within the hour to keep my total cost low. He was kind to my kids and explained everything he was doing to me. I couldn't have been happier with the service and provider.

Description of Work
Circuit breaker insulation work and wiring of low voltage fireplace

Work Completed On 05/04/2019

10/30/2018

Elizabeth S.

This is my new favorite electrician. Daniel did an amazing job and was able to correct some previous poorly done work. They go over everything with you before hand so everyone knows what's going on. I really recommend them if you want to do the work right.

Description of Work
Replace and upgrade outlets, move chandelier

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

05/02/2018

john F.

great - i am not sure how but perhaps if i had been more specific the repair person could have been saved a trip to a hardware store

Description of Work
repaired installed lights in closet, bathroom and on porch that were no longer working

Category electrician,lighting

03/21/2018

Dawn B.

They were prompt and professional. I would hire them again for any electrical work.

Description of Work
Install 2 ceiling fan lights (and wall switches) and replace kitchen bar chandelier

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/22/2017

01/08/2018

Steven C.

Perfect, they finished quickly and made little mess.

Description of Work
New lighting plan for living room ceiling.

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

01/08/2018

Sharon Kay B.

The work was done quickly, efficiently, and neatly.

Description of Work
Electrical outlets were installed on our back patio and inside the home.

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

12/21/2017

Stacey K.

Bryden Electrical delivered outstanding service. Andre repaired outlets and switches that weren't functioning properly in my 1929 home. As part of the process, he had to troubleshoot and correct work that had previously been done by someone who wasn't qualified. Andre was a true problem solver. He was so knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. Every point of contact with Bryden was a pleasure (and such a relief)-- starting with their prompt response to my Angie's List inquiry, to the same-week appointment, to Andre the electrician who called ahead to tell me his arrival time and then did an excellent job. I will absolutely call Bryden again and highly recommend them. Top notch service all around.

Description of Work
Fix broken outlets, properly connect outlets to switches

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

11/23/2017

Joanna P.

The work went smoothly. They were punctual, thoughtful, pleasant and efficient. (The date I'm including is approximate.)

Description of Work
I needed an old school electrical doorbell. Plus, I needed to hear the bell inside the house and in the garden without having a huge ring in the house. The people who came were creative problem solvers as well as good workers. They found an innocuous way to run the wires so no damage or unsightliness occurred. And they found a placement on my back patio for a second ringer so I can now spend time in the garden without missing a front door call.

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

10/30/2017

Nancy O.

The work was done quickly and neatly. The electrician even cleaned the glass on the lamp for me as the stairwell has a high pitched ceiling that requires a very tall ladder. I plan to call Bryden again soon to install another ceiling light and recommended them to my son for his electrical work.

Description of Work
Installation of stairwell light

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

10/25/2017

Dorli B.

They came when they said they would come. Electrician tested tracklight and concluded that the LED lights were burning out, that there was no short, replaced LED lights. Appreciated his care and honesty. He and helper replaced a number of electrical outlets. Mostly cleaned up after themselves. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Had tracklights that appeared to have a short. However, electrician tested it and concluded that the LED lights were burning out, replaced LED lights. Needed outlets replaced.

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

08/02/2017

Lisa E.

I sent a message on Angie's list near the end of the day and they called me right back to set up an estimate. Brian came out to do the estimate. He was prompt and clear about the fact that how much work might be involved would be somewhat unknown until they got into the wall. We got a prompt call back within 24 hours to schedule the work, and we were able to schedule it within a few days. The electrician who did the work was on time, worked quickly, and cleaned up after himself. We are very satisfied.

Description of Work
We had a two-outlet plate in a bathroom that we wanted to convert to a four-outlet plate, and we needed a completely new outlet added in another part of the same bathroom. Adding the new outlet involved putting wires in a conduit within the existing vanity to get power to that area of the room.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

06/05/2017

Sharon Kay B.

The work was completed quickly, they cleaned up the mess, and were friendly and helpful.

Description of Work
We needed an outlet for our outside back porch, and we added dimmer switches for two overhead lights.

Work Completed On 06/16/2016

05/22/2017

Michael Y.

Great job - Very professional. Easy to work with. Would hire again.

Description of Work
I called them to add recessed lighting in two of my bedrooms and hallway - and they did a superb job on time. Very professional. Would hire again.

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

05/12/2017

Bridget J.

This could not have been a better experience. I called Bryden and spoke with Anthony, who was professional, friendly and responsive to my anxiety about getting the transformer replaced ASAP (these things release the most horrible chemical odors when they burn.) I was also leaving town in a few days, so he scheduled the work for the next day. Andre, the electrician who did the repairs, was superb: considerate (he called 30 minutes before arriving); extremely knowledgeable and thoughtful (he immediately diagnosed the problem, told me what he was going to need to do, went to get the replacement part, returned and performed the work). As luck would have it, the replacement part was defective, which required Andre and Bryan (the owner) to return the part, get a new one and test the new one before installation. Andre returned the next afternoon and replaced the part, finished the repairs and everything was as good as new. Andre was polite, friendly, professional and extremely fastidious in his work. Left things spotless. Very respectful. Very intelligent with a nice sense of humor. Bryden could have charged me for the time spent trying to make the original defective part function, the time to return the part and get a new one, and for the time to come back to my home and install the new part. They didn't. They did not want to pass that cost on to me, although the company would be bearing that cost. Outstanding. I will absolutely use the company again. Every person I worked with was great. I have been involved with a lot of remodeling and have encountered many electricians and Bryden has been the best. (Plus they gave me a discount for coming through Angie's list!) Thank you Bryden Electric!

Description of Work
Replace a burned-out magnetic transformer that powers under-cabinet halogen lights. Check all wiring to insure there was no damage from the transformer failure. Reinstall new transformer and fix some things from a previous improper installation.

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

04/19/2017

Dale R.

Perfect and a great price. Completed as planned.

Description of Work
Had Bryden install an electrical outlet for my electric car in my condo garage. They gave the best price and were most professional.