Brentwood Electrical

Founded 1954 • With Angi since December 2005

2129 Pontius Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Brentwood Electrical Contractors are the leading provider in electrical and lighting contracting services for residential and commercial projects in the Los Angeles area. We offer after hours and emergency service! For over 60 years, we are proud leaders in experience, creativity, and

02/15/2019

Karen G.

My impression is that Brentwood Electrical is only good for really basic repairs, and that they are overpriced, even with the Angie's List discount. The Electrician was unable to replace a 6-Button switch. He said that the company doesn't typically work on "smart switches," but that he'd consult the owner. I later received a $576.00 Proposal ($720 without the Angie's List Discount) for a $80.00 switch, described by the manufacturer to require a 15 minute wiring install. (The newer version of the switch now allows WiFi programming, for which I didn't need help; I just wanted the old switch swapped out.)

Description of Work
Switch Repair/Replacement

01/20/2018

Maria B.

They are a little expensive but overall they are good.

Description of Work
Electrical work.

Category electrician

Thank you, we appreciate the feedback.

10/02/2017

PAUL F.

I emailed them through their website saying that I needed my backup Generac generator service/tuneup. They left a message for me to make an appointment. I called and the gentleman who answered asked where I lived and what kind of generator. Then, he told me that they did not service generator at all. It would save all of us a lot of time by telling me the first time.

Description of Work
Servicing a backup Generac generator.

Category electrician, generator service

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Our apologies for the miscommunication, we will go over this with the receptionist and adjust our procedures. We appreciate this feedback.

03/29/2017

Andre B.

In a word, great. The guys were on time, very professional, and knew exactly what to do. They finished the work quickly and had time to do another project I thought would be a more difficult job: put new electrical sockets in the hall closet. They were able to open up the wall, install the sockets and a replacement light switch in short order. All in all, they spent less than an hour here, but did everything I'd hoped and more for the $250 fixed price coupon. The work was done a couple of months ago, and everything is still working just fine.

Description of Work
I needed an electrical socket in a lamp repaired, and an outdoor 120V electrical sockets replaced.

11/14/2015

Christine B.

The electrician, Christian, came precisely on time and effeciently did the work we needed. He was very cheerful and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Replaced five smoke alarms, repaired a light switch, changed the light switch in the dining room to a dimmer switch, and advised me on whether to repair or replace the outdoor yard lights.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

10/24/2015

Carla G.

As recommendation, I will use the email my tenant sent to me: "The electrician came right at 8AM and replaced the GFCI outlet. He said that they are very sensitive in order to do their job correctly and also sometimes not all of them are perfect and that this one had blown....that it should be fine going forward. He also said that vacuum cleaners take a lot of power and that sometimes that might stress the sensitivity of a GCFI - no problem using it from that circuit but given the outlet's delicacy maybe best to use the regular 3 prong outlets...which is what I'll do going forward. As feedback, the electrician was commutative, clean, not creepy, cleaned up the counter after he was done, and used a quality replacement outlet not some cheap home depot generic. Thanks for getting them out here!" We will definitely use Brentwood in future and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced the GFCI outlet in a tenant's bathroom.

Category electrician

Thank you very much for the feedback!

03/26/2015

Marilyn B.

They are punctual. They do a good job. I have been using them since 2003. They have good prices, as well.

Description of Work
They fixed my porch light.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate your business & will continue to provide the best work for our clients.

10/14/2014

MARGARET F.

I am very pleased with them, and I got them on Angie's List. They are very responsive, if you need somebody promptly, they do come promptly, and they explain things very well. I like the technicians that they have sent. I have had 3 different technicians. They are not cheap, but on the other hand they are good.

Description of Work
I use Brentwood Electrical. I used them a month ago, and I got a quote from them for another job that I will have them do. I had a circuit breaker that kept flipping, which indicated that somewhere along the circuit, there was an overload. They came out twice because it kept happening, so they identified the problem and fixed it. I am going to have them install a new light on the patio.

Category electrician

Thank you for the feedback, we are constantly trying to improve our service.

06/10/2014

Richard S.

took longer and costs more than originally quoted. If I wasn't there as a helping hand the job could not have physically been done. Thought I was paying for a technician and a helper.

Description of Work
ran 220 to upstairs closet for stackable W/D

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback.

03/15/2014

Kate M.

Haven't received bill as yet. Allen went out of his way to make sure my job was serviced on same day I called. I was impressed and very grateful, Jose completed job very efficiently. I've scheduled any meeting with them for estimate on future job. Thanks Brentwood Electrical!

Description of Work
Found the cause of lighting failure outside of building.

Category electrician

We appreciate your feedback.

12/18/2013

MARGARET F.

I was very pleased with their work. I have used them for past work for adding a new outlet inside the house. The technician was very pleasant, informative, and knowledgeable. He explained to me what he was doing while he was doing the work. The office was very helpful getting the appointment set up. I plan on using them in the future for another job.

Description of Work
I had Brentwood rewiring to accommodate new exterior lighting fixtures, both decorative, solar, and motion censored.

11/18/2013

Sandra C.

We had a soffet removed lighting replace. We were lucky to have scheduled the work when we did. Our kitchen cabinets were being refinished and a new side-by-side refrigerator with custom panels arrived while Robert was here. A new plug had to be moved before the refrigerator could be slide into place. After another (excellent Angie's List provider ) completed the drywall work, we had Robert come back out and complete a few minor jobs for us. We have them on our 'list to call' should we need electrical work in the future.

Description of Work
Installed bathroom lighting and moved a plug in the kitchen for a new refrigerator.

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback.

07/26/2013

David S.

The electrician was great- prompt, polite, and knowledgeable. I'll call him again for future electrical needs and repairs.

Description of Work
Check an outdoor GFI circuit and outside lights transformer lighting and repair a faulty pool light. Checked a failed skylight motor and suggested possible fixes.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the feedback [member name removed], we hope to hear from you again.

05/16/2013

Esther M.

He was good. Their normal price was $140 an hour and because of the Angie's List discount it became $125, but I think it was an hour and a half or maybe two and a half hours. The price got to be pretty big, but I still had a discount. He did whatever we wanted, so if they fix things and they don't break down again they've done their job. He was a nice person and I'll call him again since he knows our house already. I thought the price was kind of high, but maybe everybody charges that much because these guys are skilled.

Description of Work
Brentwood Electrical did some electrical work and looked at some circuits.

Category electrician

Hello (member name removed), We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our work. We thank you for your review and hope to service your residence again.

10/03/2012

Annie H.

I needed someone to come out RIGHT AWAY to remove some radiant heating wires so my dry wall people can patch up some holes. I called Brentwood Electrical and they were able to send someone out within two hours of my call. Ray was professional and completed the job in two hours. They are a bit pricy but worth the money if you need someone in a hurry.

Description of Work
Remove radiant heating wires from ceiling.

Category electrician

Member, thank you for your report, we will continue to work on providing our clients the best service possible!

09/18/2012

Alan T.

I wasn't here when the work was done, but everything worked properly when I came home and was exactly as expected.

Description of Work
He replaced the smoke detectors in my house.

Category electrician

We appreciate your business and satisfied we met your expectations, Thank You.

03/21/2012

jodi S.

My advice is to hire them; they were very courteous, professional, prompt and their prices are reasonable. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Brentwood Electrical Controls to change light bulbs on a three story foyer ceiling, change all the other light bulbs that were out in the house as well as repair a couple of recessed lights.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

Our clients satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you for your report and we will see next time!

03/13/2012

Paul B.

The job went smoothly. Robert was one time, very knowledgeable and efficient. However, the price set by the office was high at $140/hour.

Description of Work
I had Brentwood Electric install a time for our front porch lights. They also replaced burnt out wiring under a walkway and rebuilt a fixture.

Category electrician, lighting

We appreciate your feedback, thank you very much.

12/29/2011

Gloria R.

They were very good. They did exactly what I wanted them to do. They gave me an excellent price and also gave me discounts. I had a really good experience with them.

Description of Work
I used Brentwood Electrical Contractors this year.

Category electrician

We appreciate your feedback and positive experience you had with our services. Quality work and customer satisfaction is what we continue to strive for.

10/11/2011

TOM B.

They are very competent. They do the job right the first time. I would continue to work with them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Brentwood Electrical Contractors 1 year ago. I have used them several times.

Category electrician

Thank you for the report, we appreciate your feedback.

09/26/2011

Belle L.

Brentwood was incredible fair. I was not charged for the first and second day nor for the adjustment. Apart from 20% discount on Angie’s List, he gave me another 20% discount. Off as courtesy.

Description of Work
Jose with the company came to trouble shoot the reason for the power failure in my bedroom. He spent 2 hours and found nothing. He came back after 5 days with another man and found the cause of outage and repaired it. Then he came back after 3 days and adjust the motion detector.

Category electrician

Thank you for the report, we are happy we were able to find a solution for you. We hope you will consider us again in the future or refer us to a friend.

08/04/2011

IRA K.

Description of Work
My job was highly unusual in that the actual electrical work was simple but resolving preexisting permitting issues was the challenge. Donovan was very professional and accomplished the task. Although they were slightly more expensive than other quotes, getting the job done right was well worth it. I would use them again.

Thank you for report.

06/29/2011

Nancy M.

He showed up promptly, did as asked, and was very professional overall.

Description of Work
Replacing six outlets and installing chandelier.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you very much for your report, we really appreciate your feedback and letting other members know about the service we provide.

02/28/2011

David R.

Came on time. Used creativity to avoid breaking walls unnecessarily and provided a good product well installed

Description of Work
Installed new lights inside the house

01/20/2011

Mary Jo S.

Everything went smoothly. The electrician understood what I needed and did the work.

Description of Work
I had five jobs to be done around the house. Four were completed. The last one was for a new timer for my sprinkler system and that seems to be out of the job description for an electrician.