Animal Capture Wildlife Control

With Angi since February 2010

645 W 9th St Unit 110402

Los Angeles, CA 90015

Cost is determined by the job. Award winning. Animal Capture Wildlife Control calls for solutions for both animal and man alike by freeing your home or business of all skunk, raccoon, opossum, bat, coyote, and snake problems in a timely fashion. We are the company you have relied on for years! We

04/01/2018

Kim H.

Jeremy and Ben did a thorough and professional job in capturing and removing for release 4 raccoons and 2 opossums that were damaging my yard. They first did a property assessment, listened to all my concerns and answered all questions, then set and baited cages. Over a period of approximately two weeks, several animals were caught. They were extremely responsive to my phone calls and arrived very promptly to pick up the captured animals. They display a strong commitment to their work and a deep understanding of nature and the details of their work.

Description of Work
Capture and remove several nuisance wild animals doing damage to my landscape

09/25/2017

Eileen O.

They were terrific. Prompt service as I was freaking out a little. Calmed me down. Success!

Description of Work
Had mother and baby raccoons under house. Over a 2 wk period they caught all of them and sealed hole.

07/17/2017

Stephen R.

Jeremy and his crew were great. They know what they are doing. Over a week we caught 6 animals. No problems since. Each time we called to say there were animals in the traps, they came right out.

Description of Work
Our dog was going crazy barking at unknown animals at night in our yard. We were concerned that they could hurt our dog.

06/20/2017

Sharon F.

This company did a great job for me removing my skunk problem. The owner, Jeremy, set up traps near my open crawl space and taught me how to use them. He always took my calls and answered my questions, including how to let an opossum out of one of the traps on the second day. After four days and no skunks he came back out to check under the house, remove the traps and seal up the crawl space. The smell had increased overnight and he confirmed my suspicions that a skunk had died. He crawled under the house, bagged it, sprayed the area with an odor control solution that I provided and tightly sealed up my crawl space. He even insisted on putting the cardboard shield for the traps in the recycle bin himself. I highly recommend Animal Capture Wildlife.

Description of Work
Removal of source of a skunk smell under the house.

03/20/2017

J H.

not squirrels or raccoons but rats. no services provided but helpful info. glad for their advice.

Description of Work
animal evidence in attic

07/13/2016

Amanda R.

There was a horrible smell in the house which was coming from one of the air vents near the floor. There were also flies. It was obviously a dead animal. I looked on Angie's List for dead animal removal and found Animal Capture Wildlife Control. They had good reviews and I liked the fact that they don't kill animals. They remove dead animals, but capture live animals humanely and release them into the wild. I called them and made an appointment for the next morning. Near the end of the two-hour window they called and said they were running a little late, because they had found a mother raccoon and had been looking for the babies. Ben arrived a little while later. He was very nice and professional. I explained the problem. First he looked all the way around the house and shined his flashlight into every space underneath the house. He found nothing in this first exam. Then he came in to look at the air vent where the smell was coming from. He said he could see very clearly in there and there was nothing; that space is not long so he could see clear through to the back. The smell was still there but had diminished significantly from a day or two before, and there were no more flies. Ben said this means it must have been something very small, like a mouse. If it were a rat, it would still smell horrible. He said it was most likely in the wall, not under the house, but said he could check under the house if I wanted him to, for peace of mind. I asked him to please do this. He put on coveralls, gloves & mask and crawled under the house. Afterward, he said he went all the way through to the middle of the house, to a spot where there was an old sump pump, where he could almost stand up. He said he looked everywhere and checked for droppings and prints, but found none. He said it was pretty clean down there. He explained that in a day or so the smell should be gone; I should just turn on the fan and use scented candles or other aromatherapy to freshen it up. (I later did that and it worked.) He said that nature takes care of the decomposition, so that in a few days a small animal like this is only a skeleton. I told him I was concerned about fly eggs and maggots. He said that's not a worry, because once the host animal is decomposed, there won't be any maggots. Ben said that in similar situations, some clients insist that they chop up their walls until the dead creature is found and removed, and their walls end up looking like Swiss cheese. But he said trying to find something that small in walls is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Normally the full cost for dead animal removal, which had been quoted to me over the phone, is $250 ($50 service call, $100 inspection, $100 removal of one dead animal). But since there was no dead animal to be removed, that $100 cost was eliminated. I also got a discount as an Angie's List member. They only take cash or checks, no credit cards. I highly recommend Animal Capture.

Description of Work
Thoroughly inspected inside, outside and under house for a dead animal but found none; determined that a very small animal like a mouse must have died in the wall.

01/26/2016

J H.

Found some access points and identified intruders as rats. Recommended other company to do work. Friendly and professional, answered all our questions and took time to show us what he saw.

Description of Work
Inspected property and attic for rodents.

04/10/2015

Karen K.

This went more smoothly than I expected. Jeremy originally thought he'd have to cut a hole in the ceiling above the bathtub, but somehow he was able to determine the babies were at the base of the wall in the hallway, not in the attic where I had been hearing the mother.

Description of Work
Jeremy thoroughly inspected my house to find out where the raccoons were entering, set a trap on the roof, and the mother raccoon was caught on the second night. He came over bright and early that morning, and determined where the babies were, cut a couple of holes in a wall, and gently removed them.

01/16/2015

Jonathan C.

Jeremy came out to home within a few hours of calling him, when I noticed a skunk under our home. He was prompt, professional and honest. He set correct expectations, we agreed and then he immediately went to work setting traps. Today upon romving a captured possum, in one of the traps, he offered to crawl under the house to do a thorough inspection to be sure the skunk wasnt there, He discovered the the skunk was still there, and he said he could go under and pull it out! He did just that, crawled under the house, got sprayed, but wanted to be sure he got the skunk which he handled humanely. We saw the skunk (from a safe distance) and then he was kind enough to help me secure the access area until we handle boarding up the area. Jeremy took it upon himself to offer or suggest going under the house to be sure that we have handle the issue, he really spend a fair amount time looking, as the skunk was hiding, but due to Jeremy doing what he needed to, the skunk revealed himself, and Jeremy without hesitation, went back under and pulled him out! This was a great relief to us, Jeremy had trapped a few possums prior and handled each call to remove the animal and reset the trap, with extreme professionalism, This last visit brought to completion, the mission. I would highly recommend Jeremy, he is honest, professional and truly a pro at what he does!!

Description of Work
He crawled under our home to remove a live skunk

11/17/2014

Michael A.

Jeremy was extremely professional in dealing with the problem throughout. He is very experienced and explained in detail all steps necessary to trap the possum. He located a hole in the roofline that other exterminators had failed to find, set a humane trap for the animal, and accurately predicted that the possum would be trapped that evening. He came early the next day to retrieve the animal so that it could be humanely released at a remote location. He also left another trap in place to catch any additional animals that might have been in the attic. This trap stayed in place for a couple more days, and then Jeremy returned to remove it. So altogether Jeremy made three trips to my house and relocated one live animal. He is very professional, very confident and did exactly what he promised he would do, which is terrific. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Trapped and removed a possum from the attic, located entry hole where the possum was getting access to the attic, left an additional trap for 3 days to make sure that no other possums were still in the attic

09/18/2014

Charyl B.

We had a skunk living in our basement. We called, they came out, set a trap/cage. When the skunk was in the trap/cage, they came out and removed it. The skunk was alive, and was released elsewhere. They also left the cage for a few extra days, just in case there were more living down there. Very quick and easy.

Description of Work
Captured a skunk living in our basement

07/01/2014

Oded K.

Jeremy inspected under the building on first visit and we saw a cat that looked somewhat like a raccoon from the back. Jeremy suggested it was very likely there was only this cat and no raccoon. We blocked the access point for animals to go under the building, and didn't leave traps. After more reports of a raccoon being seen. Jeremy and his assistant came again. Jeremy inspected comprehensively under the building. They set up two traps in the outside area around the spot where the raccoon was last seen, and instructed me how to release cats if they get trapped, how to re-activate and re-bait the trap. The traps remained for about 10 days. No raccoon was caught or seen. We had to release a few cats out of the traps a few times. It was concluded that there's no raccoon, and we had Jeremy remove the traps. Jeremy were responsive to phone calls, punctual for appointments, friendly and knowledgeable. He advised how to close the openings so that animals wont go under the building.

Description of Work
Inspect under the building for a raccoon, and set up traps to capture it.

05/02/2014

Carl K.

I called 3-4 other companies - one said that it could cost as much as $350 to retrieve it, depending on how difficult it was. I told them that the baby racoon was just lying there, but they wouldn't quote a price. Another said that they had to trap it - that they couldn't just pick it up (again, ridiculous because the baby was just lying there.) The other two companies never called me back. So I called Jeremy. He said that he could easily pick it up without having to trap it - that he does it all the time. We scheduled for him to come yesterday and he was very punctual. Jeremy also informed me that he returns healthy animals to the wild or brings baby animals to a facility at an animal humane society to take care of them until they are old enough to be released. Sometimes he also tries to see if the baby will bond with another raccoon mother. (none of the other places that I called would do any of this). Jeremy easily picked up the baby, but I was concerned about the mother coming to find it. He said that they often do return, and that he could set a trap for the mother, but could not guarantee that it would work. Alternatively, he said that we could put the baby in the trap (he assured me that the baby was quite healthy and would be fine for another day) to entice the mother to come back. So we tried this option overnight but, unfortunately, the mother did not return. So at least the baby was rescued and will eventually be returned to the wild. All in all, it cost $225 for him to make two trips to my house and set the traps. The cost seemed quite reasonable for the services performed. Jeremy is definitely a pleasure to do business with, and I would not hesitate for a moment to hire him again if needed.

Description of Work
We found a live, baby raccoon outside our kitchen door. We had seen the mother at night a couple of weeks earlier and, having heard how aggressive they can be, and having dogs, I wanted the raccoon removed.

03/10/2014

JANET L.

He was great. We haven't been bothered by skunks since we implemented his suggestions. He showed us how to capture them, he took them away, and showed us how to prepare the property so they wouldn't come back.

Description of Work
Skunk and other animal removal.

11/19/2013

Jeanie B.

My call was returned within 30 minutes of placing my call. The provider was very up front saying if the possum could be snagged he could do it today. He told me it would be about 2 hours until he could arrive. He called to let me know he was running behind schedule and then again right before he arrived. He quickly removed the possum, cleaned out the nest, and then fixed the screening over the vents. I appreciated that he made sure the vents were done correctly and redid one vent as he was not satisfied with how it looked. He was very professional, gave me prices over the phone before he came out, and left everything neat and tidy. I would use this provider again and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I called animal Captive to remove a possum that was living under my house. Since the animal was close to an outside exit, Jeremy looped the possum, brought him out and caged him. He then cleaned out the nest and put new screen over the two torn vents around the house.

11/04/2013

Leslie P.

We caught three raccoons and two possums over the course of about two weeks. Damage to the lawn has stopped, so we are satisfied with the service. Jeremy was friendly, knowledgable, and punctual. Highly recommend Jeremy.

Description of Work
Jeremy put down three traps in our yard and also put down food to attract the animals to the traps. Raccoons had been tearing up our grass. He returned to pick up captured critters over the course of about two weeks.

11/01/2013

Irene S.

I called this provide on a Saturday morning and left a message. No one called back even though the message said someone would call and their hours of operation were listed for Saturday and Sunday, in addition to the normal work week. I called again on Monday morning and left another message. Someone called me and left a message but since I was at work, I missed the called. I called back but to this day, no one bothered calling me again. I moved on and found another provider and they were more than happy to return my call and send someone out the same day!

Description of Work
Tired contacting provider to remove a possum from my garage

10/30/2013

Charlene R.

Jeremy was prompt, friendly, and professional. He took care of everything efficiently and took the extra time to check our basement for any other ways that animals could get it.

Description of Work
Dead animal removal

08/19/2013

Kimberly W.

Went smoothly, just as he said it would. Even set up protocol for future incidents, which came in handy today as well.

Description of Work
Skunk removal

07/01/2013

Angie M.

This really should be addressed in a review of Trapper John, whom I highly recommend, who did complete the job.

Description of Work
I found this contact on Angie's list. I called with a racoon problem, about which I was very upset after having spend over a week fooling around with a company that was, in retrospect, not properly licensed and should not have taken that kind of job at all. Jeremy made an appointment for the following day, then called in the morning to say he had an emergency and had referred the case to Trapper John, who was more local. I was extremely pleased with Trapper John, and think he should be on Angie's list, and will follow up on that. I live in the Long Beach area.

06/25/2013

William D.

Contacted to advise on opossum removal. After advising on prices said does not service Orange County. Gave phone number for Trapper John

Description of Work
Does not provide service in Orange County - referred to Trapper John

05/18/2013

Ed J.

After fumigating for termites, we discovered a dead cat under the crawl space of our home (evidently and unfortunately trapped under the fumigation tent). Animal Control will not remove animals from a structure and recommended I call a private contractor. I found this business on Yelp and on Angie's List, and in both cases was rated five stars, so I called, even though it was already early evening.. Just to hedge my bets, I also called two other businesses. Jeremy called back within an hour or so. One other (Long Beach) called mid next day, and one never returned my call. When Jeremy returned my call, we set up an appointment for the next day between 10am and noon. He called the next morning to tell me was coming, and arrived when he said he would. He was courteous and friendly, and took care of the unpleasant task with aplomb. He even repaired the defective vent screen that allowed the cat to get under the house. As a side note, I asked him what they do with the carcass. He said that they use an animal control facility that cremates them. At first I thought the price was bit high, but considering the travel, etc, as well as reading other reviews, I think it's competitive, I'd use him again, as well as recommend him, without hesitation.

Description of Work
Removed dead cat form under the crawl space of my home.

01/14/2013

Paul V.

Nice guy. Good service. Nothing to complain about

Description of Work
Good experience

04/30/2012

Sarah R.

As much as I hated to part with $300 to get rid of a raccoon that did damage to our roof, I was happy to give my business to Jeremy. He was so helpful and knowledgeable and timely. The service was excellent. His pricing is up front and very fair. The treatment of the animal was very humane. He is clearly very dedicated to his business and providing great service to his customers. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Inspected roof for raccoons, set traps, removed animal.

04/16/2012

Ruth E.

He is a young guy and his name is Jeremy. He is quite reliable. There are not many people that do this. They trap them humanely and they take them out away from a populated area and near a water source and release them. They don't murder and destroy them. Possums carry a lot of disease. He explains things and gave me a list of fees upfront. He isn't cheap. He is very direct and very upfront. He explains the process. He actually traps bobcats and larger animals. He considers the situation alleviated if we haven’t caught anything within 3-5 days. I put flour out and I haven’t seen any paw prints. He comes every day and picks the animals up. There is no cruelty involved. He is very efficient. It is $150 to set up the traps. Every time he picks up an animal, it is $50. He has a trapping charge of $100 per animal. He is expensive but these animals are dangerous and I didn’t want to poison them. He has been on Larry King Live and Dirty Jobs. I haven’t compared his price. He has a humane way of doing this and he goes all over the area. He always brings the food to catch them and it is not messy. He does a good job.

Description of Work
I am in the middle of an experience with Animal Capture Wildlife Control with trapping possums. He has caught 3 so far.