ABC COMMERCIAL ROOFING INC

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2005

4.3

674 E 115th St

Los Angeles, CA 90059

NO SUBS. LICENSE NUMBER: C-39 874709. ...

06/23/2009

MARTIN W.

The quality of their work and their product was very good. They started the job on time and finished it quickly. The workers were very courteous. Around 3 months later, I got a notice through mail stating that ABC Company has filed a lien against my house as ABC roofing had not paid them. They misled me and told that they did not have any sub contractors. I had to contact the owner of the company several times before the matter was resolved. I also got a notice from the lawyer?s office stating that we still had the lien on the house. I had to get in touch with the construction board and finally resolved the matter. I had a bad experience with them.

Description of Work
They did a complete tear off and installed new roof on my house.

02/06/2009

VIJAY A.

We called them several times to fix our roof and they never called us back. They came back out twice, but never fixed the problem. I had to pay another roofing company to fix this problem. Our roof leaked one month after they put it on! I would never hire them again. I would not recommend them to anyone else either.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on our house and gave us a 10 year warranty on labor and 30 years on the actual roof.

09/25/2008

Craig M.

They came out and the salesman lied and said he owned the company. He whined about his high insurance costs and said that was why his price to me would be so high. He was pushy. I would not call them again in the future.

Description of Work
They bid a roofing job for me, but I decided to go with another company.

03/24/2008

Anne A.

Very unprofessional, kind of floppy. If they would have found that hole, they would have charged me $500. A handyman would have done it for less. I would never have used them. Also, they never came back for the estimate. I waited a week and a half, and they never came. They had my phone number.

Description of Work
They came out and looked at the roof and the leak. They said they could fix it if they found a leak for $500. They did not find it. They said they could redo the whole roof, and I asked for an estimate. They never came back.

01/22/2008

KURT V.

Lee was terrific! He thoroughly inspected the roof, found some possible leaks and quickly sealed them with caulk free of charge. What's even better is that as he was leaving, he noticed one more unusual but possible source of the problem, got his ladder off his truck and found the main source of all of our problems. It wasn't the shingled roof at all, which we and every other roofer had been focusing on. The problem was a leak on the flat roof over our porch that was sending water all the way around the house until it leaked into our dining room. It seemed like the dining room leak had to come from the roof above it, but it wasn't. He was determined to solve the mystery of the leak and just didn't want to walk away until he had. He was like a homicide detective who refused to give up. Great guy. Will use and recommend this company for sure!

Description of Work
Lee Yosef came out to inspect for the source of a persistent leak we've been having.

01/11/2008

DARYL M.

The experience was good. I called during a major rainstorm, my roof was leaking. They came out within the hour and made a temporary repair. They were up-front about pricing. They came back to make the permanent repair. The temporary repair was $575 which I though was high, but it was emergency service. I won't know about the quality until the next rainstorm.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak in my roof.

11/26/2007

linda B.

Prompt and courteous, quick estimate, quick work. Very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak by replacing a section of roofing.

09/09/2007

Micha R.

Did not use this company.

Description of Work
I had a friendly informative technician who arrived promptly for the repair assessment. However, the company never sent the estimate for repair to my house despite 3 phone calls. I waited for a week and ABC roofing never responded. They said that they would send the fax but did not and never attempted to call me. When I called to asked about the estimate, they were unsure as what I needed done.

05/30/2007

James C.

It went well from beginning to end. The first rain after I bought my house showed many leaks. I called Gils out of the phone book, and got very lucky! Gil's was great. They showed up on time, tarped my house and did the work as quickly as possible. Everyone, especially Al, was great to work with and I was so relieved that they let me pay over a year! I was house poor after having just closed on the house. I know I'm safe now for some time to come!

Description of Work
The first rain after moving into my new home showed me there were extensive problems. Gil's re-roofed my home, and although I know I paid more due to rainy season, I have recommended these guys to a number of friends and acquaintances. They put me on a no-interest payment plan (over 1 year), which really helped. They were really awesome!

02/06/2007

LORRAINE L F.

I have written them about the question of a permit. As far as I know, there was none. They did not answer my e-mail.

Description of Work
Old roofs were removed and a new one was installed. There was, however, no permit acquired. The grades stand as long as this problem is resolved.

12/04/2006

GARY H.

Total job took about four hours, with a total of two guys. They saw our Porsche and I feel this is the reason for such a high price. Gutters do not match the house color and a portion of the roof (breezeway) which is in bad shape was not touched. The cleverly left gutter color and the breezeway roof off the contract. This is a very high price for a very simple and quick job. Their bid was more than twice others, we were told everything would be perfect;it's not at all. Won't use them again.

Description of Work
Roof ridge repairs, replace ridge line shingles. Add gutters on front of house.

GIL'S ROOFING INC SUB CONTRACTED OUT THIS GUTTER JOB; AS A RESULT OF THIS BAD DECISION WE WILL NEVER SUB CONTRACT AGAIN. MOREOVER; WE HAVE COMPLETELY SATISFIED ALL THE MEMBER'S NEEDS AND CONCERNS, AND HE HAS AGREED TO TAKE THIS REPORT OFF ANGIE'S LIST. THE REPORT TAKES UP TO 60 DAYS TO BE REMOVED AND HAVE OUR GRADE STATUS CHANGED. WE LOOK FORWARD TO KEEPING OUR GRADE A STATUS FOR THE LONG GEVITY OF GIL'S ROOFING, INC...

10/09/2006

LAURA S.

Manager of two apartment buildings (not the same owners). Gil's Roofing did a great job on the 2nd building too,it was a big job and was done in a timely manner. No complaints from my tenants.

Description of Work
New roof on apartment building.

10/06/2006

ARTHUR S.

Excellent. When the next rainy period passes, if there is any change I will report it. I do not expect that there will be a problem, for they impress as very professional. Price was actually less than an earlier repair that was not properly done.

Description of Work
Removed section of leaking roof and replaced.

09/04/2006

Ivan H.

The representative was pleasant to work with and competent, although I didn't appreciate his attempt to pressure us by warning us that the price of shingles goes up every few weeks or so that the price could go up if we didn't make a quick decision. He was a little inflexible, refusing to allow us to have a few days between the removal of the old roof and the installion of the new, so we could do some unrelated work in the attic. He very readily gave references and the work looked good. However, his bid was over $14,000 for a job we eventually had done by James Robertson for $9,536 with heavier shingles than in Gil's bid.

Description of Work
Estimate for roof replacement on residence.

06/19/2006

They told me it the job could be done in 2-3 days but it actually took 2 weeks. But I don't think that's bad. The job turned out quite well. They were professional.

Description of Work
They tore off an old shingle roof and installed a new shingle roof and new gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/10/2006

ANTONE R.

I HAD A ROOF THAT HAD TO BE REPLACED IN ITS ENTIRETY. IT WAS 7000 SQ FT OF ROOF. THEY DID AN EXCELLENT JOB.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED A NEW ROOF ON MY HOUSE.

05/02/2006

SARAH L.

I was very happy with the roof work done, however the gutters are another issue. The company advertises that they dont subcontract, however, I think they do for gutters. This was a total disaster that we are still trying to fix. (Gutters dont drain, leak, look ugly, etc...)Id recommend Gils roofing for roof work but not for gutters.

Description of Work
We had a leak repaired, drains replaced and new gutters added.

04/12/2006

ANTONE R.

Dependable, reliable ----- did what they promised in a timely manner. Very attentive - checked daily on the job --- no complaints whatsoever!

Description of Work
A complete re-roof - 7,000 sq.ft.

12/15/2005

DAWN T.

THEY ARE EASY TO DEAL WITH. THEY CAME IN, GAVE THE ESTIMATE AND BROUGHT MORE PEOPLE BECAUSE IT WAS GOING TO RAIN. THEY WERE VERY DILIGENT. IT WAS AN EXCELLENT PRICE FOR THE SERVICE.

Description of Work
THEY RE-ROOFED THE HOUSE.

10/30/2005

PASI T.

THEY WERE THE FASTEST TO GIVE US A PRICE (FIXED, NOT AN ESTIMATE), AND WE SIGNED THE CONTRACT IMMEDIATELY. THE CREW CAME THE SAME WEEK, AND THE JOB WAS DONE IN LESS THAN A DAY. EVERYTHING WAS DONE VERY PROFESSIONALLY, AND WITH HIGH STANDARDS. THE PRICE HURTS A BIT BUT WE DID NOT SHOP AROUND BECAUSE WE FELT COMFORTABLE GIVING THEM THE JOB, AND IT WAS MONEY WELL SPENT. THEY ARE FULLY LICENSED/INSURED (PROOF PROVIDED WITHOUT ASKING), AND GUARANTEE THEIR WORK.

Description of Work
TWO BAD LEAK AREAS FIXED ON OUR SPANISH TILE ROOF. THEY REMOVED THE TILES, AND REPLACED MOST OF THEM WITH NEW (MATCHING THE COLOUR AS WELL AS THEY COULD). THEY TOTALLY STRIPPED ALL MATERIAL UNDER THE TILES, AND REPLACED IT WITH NEW. BOTH AREAS HAVE A/C, AND HEATING VENTS. AFTER THE TILE WAS DONE, THEY ALSO MADE SURE THE VENTS WERE LEAK PROOF.

09/22/2005

Robert C.

I WAS PLEASED WITH THEM. I LIKED THE FACT THAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD COME ON THIS DAY, AND THEY DIDNT ADD ANY EXTRA FEES. THEY CLEANED UP AFTERWARDS, AND THEY SENT SOMEONE RIGHT OUT TO PICK UP WHAT THEY HAD LEFT BEHIND. THEY CLEANED UP EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE PIECE OF PLYWOOD, BUT THEY CAME BACK OUT AND PICKED IT UP.

Description of Work
THEY HAD TO TAKE ALL THE CEMENT TILES OFF AND REPAIR AND REPLACE THE LUMBER AND REPLACE THE AIR CONDITIONING UNIT AND A GOOD NUMBER OF TILES. THEY TOOK OUT THE SKYLIGHTS AND RE-SEALED THEM.

08/31/2005

THEY WERE VERY CLEAN AND NEAT OUTSIDE, BUT THERE WAS MORE DEBRIS, DUST, AND DIRT INSIDE THE HOUSE. I HADN'T REALIZED THAT WOULD HAPPEN. I WISH THEY HAD PREPARED ME FOR THAT.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED PART OF THE HOUSE'S ROOF. THEY ALSO HAD TO TAKE OFF THE WOOD UNDERNEATH THE ROOF. THE TERMITES HAD EATEN IT OUT.

The Rain Gutter Specialists

If you are looking for a company that will answer your call right away, answer all your questions and show up on time for scheduled appointments, you are in the right place! Shopping for a skilled, honest contractor in a large metropolitan area can be a real challenge. We, at The Rain Gutter Specialists, are here to prove that it doesn't have to be a hassle and our philosophy is simple: offer the best quality product at a fair price, deliver it with skillful, friendly service and make sure each customer is satisfied. That's it! We must be doing things right. We were selected for the Super Service Award by Angie's List in 2010 to 2020, contracted by the A&E network TV program "Flip This House," and have received wonderful reviews from our many satisfied customers throughout Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties. Seamless rain gutters are our specialty.

L I Metal Systems

Our firm was founded in 1970 and we have successfully completed over 600,000 installations. We currently do work for Military Builders, Large Residential Developers, Custom Home Builders and Homeowners. The management team that guides this enterprise has over 200 years experience in the contracting field. Our success is based on our understanding the particular needs of each customer. We specialize in personalized and reliable service for any size job. If you wish to be spoiled with great service from caring professionals, now is your chance. Enlist the services of the professionals at L I METAL SYSTEMS today!

Above & Beyond Rain Gutters Inc

Above & Beyond Raingutters - Installation of seamless aluminum & copper rain gutters all shapes and sizes . Rain gutter cleaning & repairs

Check, Visa, MasterCard

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL, SYNTHETIC SHAKE, CONCRETE TILE, LIGHTWEIGHT TILE, CLAY TILE, ALUMINUM RAIN GUTTERS, COMPOSITION SHINGLE, TORCH DOWN, HOT MOP & PRESIDENTIAL SLATE.

METAL ROOFS.