A-Plus Gutter Systems

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2012

1222 S Gerhart Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90022

Installation of 4,5,6,7, and 8 inch Rain Gutter Systems. K-Style/Ogee, Angle Faced, Seamless Box gutter and half round Gutters. We specialize in Modern and Contemporary Gutter Designs. Cleaning, Repairs and maintenance of Rain Gutters. Leaf and Debris protection products. Seamless or Custom

09/13/2017

Tyler D.

Very well.

Description of Work
New gutters.

07/25/2017

Ben H.

These guys did a great job. The office staff, the estimator, and the installers were all great. They showed up when they said they would, were pleasant and professional, and the installers were quality sheet metal guys. Highly recommend. I would recommend them to my mother.

Description of Work
Relocate a downspout and install 6 inch half-round copper gutter.

03/29/2017

Aaron P.

It was a pretty small job and the scheduler was able to fit me in between other appointments (and before an impending rainstorm). What I liked was in the estimate he offered 3 options depending on what the conditions were when they got on the roof. The job ended up calling for the middle option which was $300, and the man who did the work seemed to do a thorough job.

Description of Work
Gutter needed to be cleaned, re-hung, and screens installed.

02/06/2017

Aaron P.

Company got us on the schedule next day after giving the estimate, mindful of an impeding rainstorm, even though it was a small job for them. Gutter cleaned and repair is done and no more rain pouring down in front of our front door! Thanks!

Description of Work
Needed a gutter problem diagnosed and repaired.

07/16/2016

Lynn T.

Israel understood the special circumstances and offered creative solutions that would look good and, in some cases, save money. His estimate took everything into account and was very fair. It was not the lowest, but included some special rafter carpentry that the others did not or refused to do. Nancy, who sends the estimates and manages the scheduling was very prompt in responding and very friendly. The crew that came out was very friendly, very responsive, and very competent. I asked one of them whether he liked working for this company and he said it was the best company he has ever worked for and that Israel and Nancy are really good people. I needed to make a change in the downspout location after they finished. Nancy and Israel were very good about rescheduling another visit and made the change at a very fair price. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone needing rain gutters.

Description of Work
Install new gutters on old two story historic house.

04/12/2016

David S.

They arrived on time and were careful to explain what they would be doing so there was no misunderstanding. They worked efficiently and finished the job punctually even though a fine rain started to fall.

Description of Work
The team installed a new gutter, repaired old gutters and installed a screen to keep leaves out of existing gutters

03/23/2016

Peter M.

02/03/2016

Rich M.

Israel and his team were great! They handled a complicated job with ease. The listened and were creative about finding solutions on installing the gutters an a very unique house! They finished in a couple days and not only did everything look amazing but so far it's handled all the rain with no problem. I would definitely hire them in the future!

Description of Work
Added gutters to our mid-century modern home. It was a custom job that entailed hiding drains in the exterior ceiling in order to preserve the architecture of the home. Not a typical job.

02/11/2015

Fred T.

They did an excellent job. They were excellent. We're very happy with their service. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
We used A-Plus Gutter Systems. They cleaned the gutters and they repaired two of the gutters. Someone smashed the end of them so they replaced that part of the gutters.

02/04/2015

REBECCA M.

Description of Work
We had all of our old, dis-colored, cracked pvc gutters replaced. |It was the most efficient, professional experience possible. We would DEFINITELY recommend them!

01/23/2015

Karen D.

A+ Gutter is A++++++. From the quoting process given by the owner to the scheduling done by his teammate and wife, Nancy, this company excelled in every way. Communication was outstanding and the workers were punctual (in spite of navigating morning LA traffic) and were very professional. They all introduced themselves and were very respectful of the property and very close neighbors. I could see the team worked well together and one of them even held the ladder for me so I could inspect their work. They answered all of my questions and made sure I was happy before they left. One of them even came back and picked up some very small scraps and did a final inspection before they left. I would totally recommend this company.

Description of Work
Vendor replaced a gutter and also fabricated a longer downspout to prevent water from pooling on the patio.

01/21/2015

Susan Q.

Description of Work
Seamless gutters on 1500 sq. Ft. Single story house & dble. Garage. Gave 5% discount because of Angie's List

11/17/2014

David T.

I spoke with Israel, the owner, and he quickly came over to do an estimate. He had great ideas on how it should be done and had some color samples with him. I had already spoken with three other gutter replacement companies and had an idea how much it should cost. He underbid them all for the same products, so I hired him based on other good reviews. As a side note I had one of the top gutter companies on Angie's List come out and they told me they would not be responsible for any damage to my roof at all, meanwhile A Plus said they would fix any damage so that sold me as well. They finished quickly, did a great job and I just recommended them to two other neighbors of ours.

Description of Work
Replaced all the gutters and down spouts on our house

09/30/2014

Marsha C.

A Plus Gutter systems had installed gutters and down spouts for us in the past back in 2013. We were satisfied with the work the team had done and asked them to come back for another job. Both Nancy and Israel have been flexible in working with me in multiple ways, which is a plus, and if I need a gutter job done at another site in the future, I will give them a call again.

Description of Work
Install gutter on one side of an apartment building and a down spout

09/29/2014

Jennifer A.

We were beyond impressed with Israel and his team. The owner Israel came out and gave us a thorough estimate and was honest with all our questions. His wife, who schedules appointments, worked with us on the perfect date as we were also doing other home improvements at the time and had a specific window. His team was professional and speedy. They even offered to work on another side of the house while our daughter was napping. We were so happy with the results and quality and thought their pricing was extremely competitive.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters for our home as well as installed matching metal wrapping.

03/25/2014

Pam M.

The owner came out to give me a bid, a very personable, trustworthy guy. I was having some stucco patched and the house painted so he very kindly offered to have his crew come twice. The first time they came to remove the ancient gutters prior to painting the house (I couldn't do it myself because they were anchored under the tile on the roof) . Them they came back to install new gutters. Uncommonly accommodating and kind. The gutters look great. They helped me pick out a style that would work with my Spanish bungalow. Just great people to work with. I really recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced very old gutters.

03/03/2014

Matt W.

Kimo is simply, pure pono. This is local business at its best. Great guy, hard working and tons of value. Kimo replaced a couple of missing sections of gutter that were cut during an exterior remodel. He matched the gutter and made the repair seamless. He then took to cleaning the gutters and went so far as to re-level them and make sure they were ready for the rain. Cannot recommend this guy enough.

Description of Work
Cleaned and Repaired Gutters

12/24/2013

Nina Z.

The crew showed up a bit earlier than scheduled, which was great. They got to work right away and finished the job in approx. 3 hours, give or take. Very polite and professional crew. After the work was done I noticed the downspout in the front yard needed to be a little bit higher for drainage, so I called Israel and he sent someone out within a week (I wasn't in a hurry), and the issue was resolved. The gutters really look great, especially in the my back yard where my old rain gutter was hanging too low and not looking so hot.

Description of Work
Installed rain gutter in the front of home, removed old gutter from the back of home a replaced with new gutter.

12/18/2013

Michele M.

They were great. It was sort of dictated what the choice of gutters would be based on the color of the house, but they had choices. It was okay. They were very professional, did a good job and cleaned the mess. The guy who lives there does a lot of handyman work, and he was really impressed with the job. At the time, the guy's fiancé comes out and takes the photographs on her cellphone. Then she gives it to the guy and he does the quote that way by just looking at the pictures. Then he comes out one day and just does the work. It was a neat little setup they had. They were referred to me by a vendor that I called. They were referred because I called a gutter cleaning place in Long Beach asking if they put new gutters in and they said no. They told me to use A-Plus Gutters. I was happy with the service. I am definitely using them again. They are on my list; I have to call them about another place.

Description of Work
A-Plus Gutter Systems put gutters in a small house that didn’t have them.

11/11/2013

Susan B.

the day the installation was competed I was on my way to Los Angeles but before I could even inspect the work they started calling and demanding immediate payment which made me suspicious. When I did get there to look at it I found the downspout lying on the ground and the gutter had gaps where it looked like it wasn't attached to the facia board. Also the gutter didn't match the existing gutters. It was white and my gutters are beige. When I called to complain about it the owner told me I'd have to pay for the work in full before they'd fix the problems. I felt like I'd never hear from them again if I did that so I said I wouldn't pay until the work was done right. He really argued with me (I think he felt he could intimidate me because I'm a woman)and threatened to lien the property but I stood my ground so he sent a crew out a week later who made a big ruckus, slamming ladders on the side of the building for about an hour and yelling and really upsetting my tenants. They did get the downspout up and claimed they reinforced the gutter but left it unpainted so it doesn't match the other gutter. I waited a few days to see if they were coming back to paint it and wanted to have someone come inspect it before I paid but they began threatening me with liens if I didn't pay immediately. I stalled a few days until I could get a handyman to look at it to make sure the gutter was attached while I was traveling back home. AS soon as I heard that the work seemed to be okay, although I gave up getting it painted to match, I sent a check just to get them off my back. However the company had filed a lien and even after I had paid and has not sent notice that its been removed. I would not recommend this company to anyone but especially not to people who are targeted by this kind of company for their vulnerability, the elderly, women, absentee owners, etc.. . They are unprofessional and do bad work and then bully payment from you with threats. I'm even kind of afraid that they will retaliate for this review which makes me less sure that angie's list is really an unbiased rating system.

Description of Work
I hired this company to re-gang a fallen piece of gutter and downspout on an apartment building I own in Los Angeles. I live out-of-state. They told me it had to be replaced, not repaired and I agreed to a higher amount.

Category gutter repair

I am sorry that your experience with our company was less than great. A plus does between 40 and 75 installations per month. 99.9 % of our customers Not only pay for the work upon completion but also send us glowing reviews and comments on how professional, polite and friendly our installers were. We are happy to provide recent job addresses and referrals to any potential customers that ask us. They almost always love the way that our gutters look on their home and say that they will recommend us to family and friends. We strive to please every customer. Unfortunately that is just not always possible. When you called us about the installation, We understood that you needed the work done right away so we made room on our busy schedule for you. My wife and I told you that we would do the job that week however we needed to get paid upon completion. You agreed to have someone show up to pay us. When we arrived that day for installation we replaced the gutter however the loose downspout was not accessible due to the sewage backup that you were experiencing that day. We e-mailed you and left messages on your phone to talk to you about the installation however you would not return our calls. This worried us. (We didn't get paid for 3 months ) We did not file a Lien we filed a preliminary Lien which I am required by law to file for any job that I have not been paid for within 21 days of completion. (I wish that I didn't have to do this however I have learned that many people are less than honest about payment upon completion) we told you that we had a white color available and you said that would be fine. If you are not happy with the work we will come out and fix any issues that you have. This is why we offer a 3 year written warranty on all new installations with a 30 year material guarantee. again I am sorry that you were not happy with our services. Please let us know what we can do to correct the issue/issues. Israel Tanenbaum/ Owner A Plus Gutter Systems Inc.

10/20/2013

Christine R.

Great, thanks

Description of Work
Although we eventually went with another gutter place, I had no complaints here.

10/21/2012

Gabriel R.

Description of Work
Great job at a competitive price.

Category gutter repair, metal restoration

Thank You. It was our pleasure.Your weathered bronze color choice looks great on your home.

08/16/2012

Stephen C.

I called to set up an appointment and Israel worked around my schedule and arrived on time. We live in a mid-century house that has angled faced gutters and told him about that when I set up the appointment. Israel showed up with a sample of that that type of gutter, which was reassuring that he knew what I was talking about and that he carried that product. The house had two 25' eaves that never had a gutter system and Israel measured and e-mailed to me an bid that afternoon. When I told him we wanted a rain chain, he said he could provide that or we could provide our own and he made an excellent recommendation on the type of chain that may work best. We purchased our own rain chain. I also got two other bids from other companies, one higher than A-Plus and the other about the same but neither company showed me samples and I didn't feel that I could trust them to match the existing gutters. I went with A-Plus. On the day of the install, Israel was there early showed me what he was going to do and then, when he was up doing the work, he discovered there was a slight curve to the roof so he installed some counter flashing to provide "insurance" against water running behind the gutters. No extra charge for that. I was impressed that he didn't just put the gutters up and go but took the time to discover the slight curve and fix it. Excellent work and very conscientious guy. I will recommend him to anyone I know in need of gutters or repair.

Description of Work
Matching existing gutters and downspouts on a mid-century home and installing a rain chain.

Category gutter repair, metal restoration

Thank You Member , We appreciate your business and all of your kind words. Israel - A-Plus Gutter Systems