A Bella Casa Construction

Founded 1994 • With Angi since February 2008

652 Tularosa Dr

Los Angeles, CA 90026

OWNER-OPERATED. USES SUBS FOR LABOR. COST IS DETERMINED BY JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEES. MAY CONTACT BY EMAIL. PAYMENTS ACCEPTED THROUGH PAYPAL. SERVICE AREA ALSO INCLUDES PORTIONS OF ORANGE & SAN GABRIEL VALLEY COUNTIES. ***Visit our website at www.abellacasaconstruction.com***

06/05/2014

Deanne D.

Description of Work
Do not use this contractor! He was a bully unprofessional and left his day laborers alone. A three week project turned into a three month project thanks to him. We fired him and he threatened and to put a lien on our house and used all of these threat tactics that he obviously was very well-versed in. Stay away!

Category concrete repair, flooring contractor, handyman service, masonry, remodeling, woodworking

11/05/2013

Joemar G.

He was someone else who I was looking for a next-day-kind-of-service. He was one of the only people able to provide that service at the time. He was very polite, professional, and prompt. He was able to be here when I needed him to be here that was a few hours after I basically talked to him. That alone was amazing compared to everyone else. We called him just for the floor inspection, and he was able to go through and inspect a few other things for us. It was kind of a surprise thing. We just dropped it on him when he came. He re-quoted us, and everything went very smoothly. We are going to use him again. We need part of the front of our house redone. He is going to come in with his electrical contractor and review our power.

Description of Work
A Bella Casa Construction did a floor inspection for us as well as evaluated our electricity set up to make sure that everything was up to code.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, home inspection, energy audit

04/13/2012

Richard T.

Overall it was an excellent process. Gio provided competitive quotes on all of the jobs and, for the most part, stuck to his quoted prices. There were a few examples of some issues arising which could not be foreseen, and which did come with some small additional costs, but those were few and were, as I said, beyond anyone's ability to anticipate. Gio and his team finished the work assigned in good time and without much disruption. I have a small child and am at home with him during the day. Gio's crew were friendly and nice to my son, who wouldn't leave them alone. They were also quiet and did not wake him up during his afternoon naps, as much as they could. Overall I would say that this was a good experience and I would certainly both use A Bella Casa Construction again as well as recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Giovanni (A Bella Casa) provided a quote, and subsequently executed the job, on a number of small projects on my property. He and his team painted the entire exterior of my home including all of the detail work on the trim, etc. He also helped me to select a paint color and worked with me to match the desired color example I found. He also demolished and rebuilt a block wall in the back of my property, laid down concrete paving in a few areas, extended a picket fence along the side of my yard, and built a wooden fence and gates at the back of my yard. As well as all of this, he replaced the glass in two of the windows in my dining room as well as refurbished the existing windows so that the sash balances worked properly and the windows did not stick, or drop as the case may be.

Category concrete repair, masonry, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, hardscaping

02/11/2012

Douglas P.

Very interested to have them do our work, they have very good reviews, but never received any response at all after 2 requests. Perhaps illness or other circumstance? Too bad, we are Italian too.... Would give them another shot at it if they overcame the first experience.

Description of Work
None

02/07/2012

Mildred M.

I liked them very much. They were expensive but other than that they did a good job. I would recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
.I hired them to paint two houses and a garage.

Category handyman service, garage builders, house painters

07/13/2011

Eric M.

It may be a little harsh to say I wouldn't use them again, since the complaint is fairly small, however, I'm a stickler for attention to detail especially on a job where there are very few details to consider. Overall I was fairly pleased with the responsiveness and the overall presentation of the services. This was a pretty straightforward job and I thought I'd use it as a good project to gauge the quality of work and attention to detail before hiring on a full bathroom remodel. While the end result is a functional closet and the work was done quickly, I will say that there were some small things I would like to have been made aware of. First, I was disappointed to find that all the shelves on one side of the closet were significantly slanted off center. I'm not blaming the contractor for the existing support wall being uneven which contributed to this effect, but I should have been made aware of this defect and given the option to fix this even if it would have been at a greater cost rather than just pass it off as perfectly acceptable, especially because the closet install was a little costly considering how cheap the materials and quick the labor turned out to be. Knowing that the contractor is aware and concerned about this reassures me that he's concerned with the appearance of the finished product not just the request. However, what I do find fault with is that the dry wall on top of the closet was left exposed, unpatched, and unpainted. Even though this is not visible from the ground, it's unprofessional and incomplete. Obviously I would have had them do it on the spot, but didn't notice until a month later when we had to put boxes on top and found all the debris. Again, this is not in plain sight but It's a little like sweeping dirt under the carpet and saying the floor is clean...it's just not a completed job. Knowing that I was interested in a bathroom remodel and that this was an easy job, I feel the work had to be near perfect before I'd trust them with a full remodel. Sorry to say it fell a little short. Everything else was fine so it may just have been a freak oversight based on the other good reviews here, but I have pretty hight standards for the work being done which is why I joined this site.

Description of Work
Had a reach in closet built. Also, wall niches constructed.

05/18/2011

Dazy J.

He is very sincere and honest with enthusiasm what he is doing. I will hire him in the future!

Description of Work
He spent a lot of time giving me a detailed estimation. I would definitely give him a job in the future.

Category remodeling

Thanks for the kind words. I know that planning and estimating a major kitchen remodel and structural renovations of this size takes a tremendous amount of time and effort. Please let me know if I help out in the future.

03/22/2011

Joseph H.

They did an excellent job, absolutely superb, just beautiful. The only thing I will say is that the work was not "bargain" work -- I paid a fair price for the work done, and it was expensive work. But if you want the work done 100% correctly, indestructibly, and without any reason to complain, then you want to go with Giovanni and his team of consumate professionals. There are no dayjobbers working here (the two tilers had about 50 years experience between them). If you want to take a chance on cheap labor, you want to look elsewhere -- this is high class all the way.

Description of Work
Building shower stall top to bottom, tiling stall, tiling bathroom floor, tiling backsplash. Also cut cabinets to adjust for cooktop.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

09/23/2010

AVALON E.

As usual, Gio was easily accessible, on time and gave us a prompt estimate. He works very well independently which is important since we don't live that close to our rental property but he was always on time and finished the work quickly and beautifully. I have used him several times now for my own home and my rental and will continue to do so. He does great work and is very trustworthy and professional.

Description of Work
We called Gio when we had several projects we needed done at our rental property, including installing a concrete kitchen counter, painting, window repair, bathroom remodel.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, landscaping, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking

04/08/2010

Jacques B.

I called them at the same time when I called another company for an estimate on a remodeling project. They were excellent and seemed to be really good with the presentation. However, I chose the other company since the other guy was less expensive. A Bella Casa Construction was detailed and gave very detailed analysis of what they were going to do and also what they were charging for each part which was good. They gave pretty straightforward analysis of their breakdown and convinced me that they were highly competent in their work. I think Bella Casa is a really good builder and I found about them online. I am sure I would have hired them if I had not chosen the other company. They were excellent when it came to their responsiveness and were absolutely on time as well. Their professionalism was perfect too. If need be, then I would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I had someone from A Bella Casa Construction come out for an estimate in October for a remodeling project.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

08/10/2009

VICTORIA C.

They never showed up the next day. I had taken off work and rescheduled my whole day.

Description of Work
I left a message and they called back four days later. I spoke to the owner Giovanni and he told me that either he or his cheif assistant Joe would be out the next day. That night I recieved a message from Enrique who didn't speak English and he left a nonexistant number.

Category handyman service

04/25/2009

Therese G.

Gio and his crew came and worked consecutive days until the job was done. On the first day of their work we discovered we had to treat a termite problem in the work space and they were able to constructively work around the pest control work we needed done that day. It was a great experience overall. They were able to get the texture on the walls right, get things painted and get the extra sound proofing done as well. The drywall work was excellent.

Description of Work
Our upstairs neighbors plumbing broke and flooded our master bedroom, hallway and other rooms such that we had to have lots of drywall, especially ceilings, removed to dry things out. Once everything got dry, we needed to replace drywall and ceilings plus texture and paint and put casings at the doorways. Additionally, we decided to do some extra sound proofing since the ceilings were down anyway.

Category drywall, remodeling

12/02/2008

Rachael P.

Gio, the owner, was the final general contractor I interviewed in a long string of contractors. He came to my house on a Saturday with a little more than 24 hours notice and had a look at the scope of the work which we had in mind. He really took his time, made design suggestions and pointed out potential road blocks. We provided him with a list of items to price out. He provided us with an estimate of the cost of each itemized job so that we could pick and choose which work we needed to have done. His estimate was returned to us by email within 36 hours of his visit. We were impressed with his creativity and promptness and hired him on a Monday - he started work on Tuesday. Gio always came to work when he said that he would. He brought the tools which he needed and was often accompanied by one of two assistants. He estimated that the work would take about a week. It ended up taking closer to 12 days (spread out over 3 weeks) and this was no problem for us, as we were not living in the house. There were a couple of glitches along the way - it was always easy to openly discuss the troubles we were having (i.e. dissatisfaction with initial caulking job in bathroom, accidental demolition of bathroom vanity, uneven lines in cut-outs). Gio has a great "get 'er done" attitude and looks at the bright side of things. He is committed to completing jobs to the customer's satisfaction and he even says so in his contract. We ended up paying more than we originally intended...but as he did work, new jobs came up which we knew we needed to get done. As we added on the jobs, the final price of the work increased. Gio always gave us fair and competitive rates. He helped turn our new house into our home. There's hardly a room that he didn't work in and, so far, we're very pleased with the finished product. We feel confident that we can call Gio if we're ever in need and we definitely intend to be repeat customers (if he'll have us - we can be kind of high maintenance)!

Description of Work
Cut outs in walls, closing up doorways, custom built thresholds, custom built cabinetry, plumbing (shut off valves, splitting plumbing, fixtures, work on gas line in house), light electrical (switching outlets to GFI, replace light fixture), painting fascia outside house, demolition and removal of materials, carpentry on doors/door frames, wall patching, liaising with other service professionals, design conceptualization

Category custom cabinets, contractors, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, house painters, doors

11/30/2008

AVALON E.

Perfect! Gio was on time, professional and did an amazing job. Would use him again and again.

Description of Work
Installed new vanity, sink and faucet in upstairs bathroom.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

08/22/2008

Personal A.

They did an awesome job. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They poured a driveway, put up some drywall, painted, patched a roof, and a number of other jobs, including landscaping, a retaining wall, and more.

Category concrete driveways, drywall, landscaping, remodeling, interior painters, hardscaping

05/08/2008

AVALON E.

Gio was very responsive and stayed until the job was done. This was work done on a rental property we own. All we had to do was call him, he gave us an estimate over the phone and did all the work. He arranged a convenient time for the tenants and called us when the work was done. He is very responsible and makes sure the job is done well and he needs no supervision.

Description of Work
Copper re-piping, tile work, window repair & drywall repair.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows

03/07/2008

Melodie C.

Giovanni answered the phone on the first call and let me know his hourly rate ($35.00/hour). We settled on an approximate time for him to come. He called at that time and said he was running late on another job and we rescheduled. Even though he could not come until 6pm, he showed up just at that time and completed the job in an hour. I gave him $40 rather than $35 because he had done an excellent job, been very polite and pleasant and the job was done very professionally. I recommend this person for any handyman work you might have as he seems experienced, has all the tools and is most pleasant and easy to work with.

Description of Work
I called to request that 3 shades be installed on French doors. This was some what tricky because they doors were steel and so my own drill would not work on them. I inquired as to whether the job would be charged by the hour or by the job.

Category handyman service, remodeling, window treatments

02/22/2008

AVALON E.

Gio was very responsive and on time. The work was done quickly and very well. He is a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Drywall, installed hardwood floors and windows, along with electrical work on a 1000 square foot space.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows

02/12/2008

Personal A.

HE IS AMAZING! HE DID SUCH A BEAUTIFUL JOB AND WAS EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL. THIS WAS A HUGE JOB AND HE HANDLED IT BEAUTIFULLY. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AND GIVE HIM A++. HE CAME WITHIN BUDGET AND WITHIN THE TIME FRAME GIVEN.

Description of Work
I HAD A HUGE REHAB DONE WHICH INCLUDED ADDING A WHOLE NEW ROOM TO MY HOUSE . I HAD TO HAVE A WALL RE-BUILT, WHICH INCLUDED EXTENSIVE DRY-WALL AND FRAMING WORK. HE RE-DID ALL ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING WHICH INCLUDED INSTALLING NEW TOILETS. HE RE-POURED MY CEMENT DRIVEWAY AND ALSO DID ALL EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR PAINTING. HE ALSO BUILT A RETAINING WALL OUT IN MY SIDE YARD. HE PUT IN ALL NEW TILE FLOORING IN MY BATHROOM AND DID A MOSAIC DESIGN AROUND MY SINK. HE INSTALLED HARDWOOD FLOORING IN MY LIVING ROOM AS WELL.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, concrete driveways, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, hardscaping

02/06/2008

Personal A.

He helped with plumbing, roofing, concrete, refinished my floors, he also did my drywall. He is a great handy guy and he is a general contractor. He also does wonder with tiles.

Description of Work
He has remodeled my house completely.

Category concrete repair, drywall, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, roofing

DEAR MEMBER, WORKING WITH YOU TO RESTORE YOUR ALL ORIGINAL 1922 CRAFTSMAN HOME IN SILVERLAKE WAS A TRULY GREAT EXPERIENCE. IT IS NOT THAT OFTEN THAT I GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ON AN HISTORIC HOME THAT IS COMPLETELY INTACT AND HAS THE ORIGINAL BLUEPRINTS. YOU EVEN HAD THE ORIGINAL PICTURES OF THE FAMILY THAT BUILT THE HOUSE AND THE SAME FAMILY OWNED IT UNTIL YOU BOUGHT IT. AMAZING!!! WELL, I THINK WE DID A GREAT JOB AND IT LOOKS WONDERFUL. I HOPE THAT YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR TIME THERE. DON'T HESITATE TO CALL ON ME IF YOU SHOULD NEED ANYTHING. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. BEST, GIO

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers by DiBara Masonry on Angi
    LSM Drywall & Painting

LSM DRYWALL & PAINTING: Our Service is to Repair Drywall & Plaster holes caused by Water, Fire & Smoke damage in ceilings & walls, then we prime & paint the damaged area or the entire wall and/or ceiling. "Drywall, Painting & Plaster repairs done like the damage never happened." We also remove Wallpaper, Install Baseboard, Crown Molding, Insulation & New Tile Grouting, Demolition, Framing & refinishing wood Decks. See new photos!!!. WE do NOT accept deposits, but progress payments are gladly accepted in the form of Cash or Local Checks. CREDIT CARDS THROUGH ANGI-PAY AND VENMO, ZELLE, PAYPAL & CASH CARD. DUE TO THE RECENT OUTBREAK OF CORONA VIRUS WE'VE TAKEN STEPS TO INSURE YOU'RE SAFETY INCLUDING TESTING OF ALL OUR PEOPLE, WEARING MASKS & GLOVES. YOUR SAFETY IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by LSM Drywall & Painting on Angi
    Orbital Maintenance & Construction Company

Orbital Maintenance & Construction Company prides itself on being the go-to choice for clients looking for Painting, Landscaping and Remodeling services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal
    Satisfaction

Plumbing, electrical, framing, drywall, insulation, concrete, masonry, walkways, driveways, sidewalks, tile work, interior & exterior painting, remodeling and handymen. Sustainable landscaping.