5 Star Wrought Iron

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2005

5 Star brings professional and expert wrought iron work to you, and has been doing it for over 25 years. We pride ourselves on your complete satisfaction for everything from gates and doors and beyond.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

iron work (144)fence company (42)driveway gate installation (23)

06/07/2021

jay M.

5 Star Wrought Iron was extremely helpful. I contacted them to repair an automatic gate service and they came out the same day and fixed it in the same day. The Receptionist, I believe her name was Martha, was incredibly nice, helpful and very responsive. She immediately contacted her team in the field and they were at my house within a few hours. Joe was very professional and knowledgeable and helped me get my gate back on track (literally). In a time when it's very hard to depend on people when needed, these guys showed up. They were very supportive, helpful, and professional. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fencing Driveway Gate needed repair

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

We appreciate your very kind words. We are glad we were able to assist you.

05/18/2021

Vada J.

Job well done. A few minor issues arose but Joe was good to his word, stood by his work and quickly corrected any concerns. 5 Star Wrought Iron gets 5 Stars from me.

Description of Work
fencing and brick woork

Category driveway gates

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

03/10/2021

Clement H.

5-Star Wrought Iron answered my request for quotes for rush repair of my wrought iron gate. Within hours they were able to schedule a next day appointment. Joe, the owner arrived the next morning and gave me a very fair price and was even able to schedule the work to be done the same day. They did an excellent repair job on my wrought iron gate. The gate now works like it did when it was brand new. I would not hesitate to hire 5 Star Wrought Iron again for any ironwork i have in the future

Description of Work
Wrought iron gate repair

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

Thank you, for being a valued customer we are happy we were able to assist you with the pair of your gate and that you were satisfied with our work.

02/25/2021

Serge K.

These guys don't seem to be in business anymore, Angie's list. The yelp page says they are closed, and nobody has returned my calls.

Description of Work
Driveway gate

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

12/30/2020

Zachary B.

Had a great experience with 5 Star Wrought Iron -- they responded quickly, showed up the next day to take a look at the area that needed work, gave me a very reasonable quote the same day, offered some suggestions on how to improve things in ways we hadn't thought of, and then showed up that afternoon to perform the work. The contractor that showed up was very friendly and communicative. It was a small job, but I think from the time I contacted them to the time the work was completed was around 48 hours, and we are very satisfied with the results. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Removal of metal filigree from deck railing

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

12/07/2020

Norma G.

I haven't heard for them. Maybe, they called and didn't leave a message. This (Angie's List) service is starting to disappoint me. I hardly ever receive a message of interest to supply their services. I am open to any suggestions Angie list has. Maybe, tell the contractors to leave messages for me to return their call.

Description of Work
Yard gates.

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

12/07/2020

Deanna K.

I was very satisfied with the work and the cost. I had two vertical posts that had rusted away at the base. 5 Star cut off the posts and welded on new ones and embedded in new concrete footings. They even matched the existing paint color. Very neat also.

Description of Work
Repair of wrought iron gate

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

09/03/2020

Marcel P.

I've had nothing but excellent experiences working with them. I've used them for the past several years for various projects including: driveway gate replacement and repair, custom wrought iron work for windows, doors, interior and exterior work as well. The custom work they have done for me receives a lot of compliments. Great company and personnel.

Description of Work
Driveway gate replacement and repair, custom wrought iron work

Category fencing, wrought iron, driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

08/14/2020

Aimee S.

I am so happy with my gate! Joe came out to give the initial estimate and he was very knowledgeable and friendly. Jessica was so helpful and so easy to work with. Gambino built and installed my gate. He did a great job! I love my pretty new gate! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Replacement of side gate

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

Review for 5 Star Wrought Iron - 834 E Florence Ave, Los Angeles, CA - 38800223

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed] ! We all had a pleasure working with you. Hope to hear from you soon.

03/03/2020

barbara C.

These are the best guys EVER. Not only did they do a fantastic job on the gate, they came back and fixed my gutter for free. There are still some really really fantastic people in the world who do great work for a fair price. One of the best experiences I have had since living in Los Angeles for 35 years. I would definitely hire them again and have told everyone about them. THE BEST

Description of Work
Driveway gate

Work Completed On 02/28/2020

We are glad you loved out work. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

12/09/2019

Chris M.

Fantastic!!!! Their work is beautiful, and the price was completely reasonable. Very very happy with the work, with the customer service, with the whole experience. I highly recommend them. Thanks again!!!!

Description of Work
We needed a railing installed on our outside brick steps

Work Completed On 12/05/2019

07/18/2019

Angie G.

It all started well with the appointment for then to cone see my house. This was done the weekend of forth of July. They let us know that they would send a quote and they never did. I wrote to them again asking if they had a quote for me and have yet to hear a response! All they had to do was send an amount how difficult could that be? Anyways being blown off is so unprofessional. If they didn’t want to do it just say so. Don’t make the customer think that you are all for it and have them wait for nothing.

Description of Work
New fence put up.

06/24/2019

Sylvia W.

They were very professional/ on time. did a very good job and very courteous, priced was very reasonable.

Description of Work
They fixed a couple a gates of mine and installed a new gate.

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

05/25/2019

Melissa M.

He came and looked at the site when he said he would. He showed me an old magazine of some pictures but the pages were stuck together and I couldn't flip pages. He suggested solar power openers and I liked that idea. He said he would get back to me on an estimate and I've not heard from him since. It's been 2 weeks.

Description of Work
Driveway gate

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

09/09/2017

Myrna D.

They came to the site once and never sent the quote that promised. We followed up with them and they never responded.

Description of Work
Stair railing installation

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you there was a delay on proposal do to the relocation of the business ones again we do apologize

08/31/2017

RIck S.

5 Star Wrought Iron was great. I reached Jose on the first call on Wednesday. He met me at the property to inspect and take measurements on Thursday. On Friday, he gave me the estimate. On Saturday, the cage was fabricated and on Sunday it was installed. Instead of taking advantage of my desire to get the job done quickly so I'd have peace of mind, Jose gave me a very fair price, much less than another vendor who sensed my eagerness and gave me an outrageous quote over the phone. I would definitely use this company again for my iron works.

Description of Work
After completing the installation of a new a/c condenser in an exposed area of our commercial property, our HVAC guy told us, "By the way, you may want to put a wrought iron cage around the unit to protect your investment." Apparently, it has become a thing to steal or cannibalize a/c condensers for the valuable copper inside. So I turned to Angie's List to find a vendor to build a wrought iron security cage as soon as could be done.

Work Completed On 08/27/2017

Review for 5 Star Wrought Iron - 834 E Florence Ave, Los Angeles, CA - 36152756

08/04/2017

Irene F.

smooth sailing, and very competitive rates.

Description of Work
I wanted some much needed repairs on 2 gates and 1 fence. i did not want to buy all new wrought iron fences and gates. I will have the old ones sanded and painted. I did add a new gate in the back. After five quotes, I chose 5 Stars because Joe, one of the owners, informed me about the needed repairs and how best to install the gate in back because cement was slanted. Joe did a great job on the repairs and installing the new gate! He is a really nice guy to deal with...made everything easy for me.

Category fencing, wrought iron, driveway gates

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

06/07/2017

evan L.

Went great. They went to my customer and fixed the damage our company did.

Description of Work
Great work and super quick same day repair. And very reasonable.

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

04/12/2017

Mark K.

Very well. They responded promptly to my initial inquiry, provided a competitive cost estimate, and were very professional in the repair process.

Description of Work
Repair fence.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

04/08/2017

Justin C.

I've had good experience with 5-Star. They did a great job. It took about two days to complete the job.

Description of Work
This was for a stair rail.

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

03/22/2017

elizabeth N.

I thought the price was quite fair. I would say it was all very fine.

Description of Work
They put up a railing for me.

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

05/20/2016

Ricarte D.

They treated my house as if it was their own. They were respectful and courteous. Overall, they provided quality work.

Description of Work
Installed 2 side gates and 1 front gate.

Category driveway gates