21ST CENTURY LOCK AND KEY

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 2006

11748 WASHINGTON PLACE

Los Angeles, CA 90066

My name is Laurie and hope not to have to hear from you, but if you need a locksmith, please call and let's talk. I have been a licenced locksmith for 25 years, specializing in you security. If you would like I can give you a free check of your locks and recommend the right secuirty for you and your family. I offer a 10% discount for all Angie's list members as well as Senior's....

06/16/2015

Bonnie B.

She came the morning after we called and did the job in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Extracted broken keys from two outdoor locks.

03/11/2015

Cary G.

Description of Work
They rekeyed our rental property with lots of cylinders. Laurie is the best!

11/03/2013

John C.

Description of Work
She did a great job. She was on time and timely! Fixed my lock and went the extra mile and fixed my weather stripping. I would definitely use her again.

10/16/2013

Doll W.

She was barely here for 30 minutes and she knew exactly what she was doing. It was a pleasure having her in my home.

Description of Work
We hired them to fix our one of our locks.

04/12/2013

Crystal M.

Great reliable locksmith, came over as soon as they could. Fast work, very skilled locksmith who knows what they're doing. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Rekeyed lock and fixed a lock that wasn't functioning correctly

02/02/2013

Walter G.

I called for an appointment due to a lock problem. It was a Saturday and the work was conducted. I appreciated the work being done on a Saturday and Laurie did a great job. She even took the time to look at some of my other doors and locks when I asked about them.Thank you Laurie, would use you again!

Description of Work
Lock repair

07/09/2012

KATHRYN P.

Fast, effective courteous service

Description of Work
Lost the key to an important file cabinet. Called Laurie at 4:30 and she was here in 15 minutes. Just took her a couple of minutes to pick the lock and I'm back in business. I would feel good about having her do bigger jobs. She's local in the Mar Vista, Culver City, Santa Monica, West LA area.

03/22/2012

Stephanie A.

Laurie came exactly on time and fixed the problem in under 5 minutes. She was professional, friendly, and gave me an Angie's List discount. I highly recommend her!

Description of Work
Sticky lock - key would not come out easily.

04/29/2011

Walter G.

Again, no service performed, but that is part of the beauty. Since I didnt need anything, she was happy to point out items I needed I could do by myself very easily!

Description of Work
Laurie came by my house and peformed a free security check. She was great! She did not try to sell me anything I did not need! She suggested different methods of security for my home, and was very nice and professional! If I ever needed a lock I would hire her!

02/12/2011

Stephen R.

I called based on the great reports. I lost the key to my car and was trying to find a local locksmith to help. Laurie answered the phone and immediately said she doesn't do cars but referred me to another shop and gave me their phone number. She was very nice and I would certainly call her again when I need a locksmith.

Description of Work
No work, only advice.

02/02/2011

dorothy H.

From the time I called Ms. Sullivan she was at my place in ten minutes or less. She had the door open in a jiffy; and when rekeying she is very efficient and made sure everything worked. She explained which key is which and how they all work on the different locations.

Description of Work
Ms. Sullivan has helped me when locked out, she has replaced locks on my tenant's room, she has given me good advice when a lock has "had it." She always shows up straightaway and knows the community very well. Her prices are reasonable. She has come at some very odd hours. I've called Ms. Sullivan about five times and she has also provided service to a friend in mid-town at a late hour.

10/16/2010

Lindley K.

Lori scheduled the appointment with us. An hour after she was supposed to arrived, we called her and she said she was running behind. Fifteen minutes later she showed up. She bad-mouthed her ex-business partner (who we'd had good experience with in the past), started the job, then said she'd have to come back because (she claimed) another customer nearby was demanding she show up. So she went and did the other job, then came back, and did part of the job (because she didn't have a basic part with her) and left again. She promised to be in contact to schedule time to finish the job and to give us a quote for another piece of work. That was nine days ago. We've called her several times and she has not responded. In fact, I don't know what the cost of the work is except 21st Century charged a $50 dollar fee just to show up in the past, so I'm guessing from there. Lori made several inappropriately personal comments in this visit, and speaks very loudly. I can't speculate as to the cause of that. I found it uncomfortable working with her and am truly sorry to hear that James is no longer available.

Description of Work
We needed several locks opened and rekeyed.

Category locksmith

I'm very sorry for your unhappy appointment. If you ever need anything in the future, it's on the house.

09/05/2010

David S.

She came; she worked; and she completed the task. Nice lady and very professional. She was punctual and competent. And, I believe she charged a fair price. What more can you ask for?

Description of Work
I had her rekey my house, including the front and back door and deadbolts. She rekeyed them so I can use one key.

08/23/2010

ELIZABETH S.

They were awesome and I loved them. I would use them again. The price was very reasonable. Her name was Laurie The Locksmith and she is the primary locksmith. She was wonderful.

Description of Work
I used 21st Century Lock And Key to rekey the whole house and garage in a day.

07/12/2010

Sara C.

I called for an appointment and they came out the next day. The gentleman that performed the work was extremely helpful and VERY fast...I let him in and then had to go pick up my kids from daycare a few minutes away and by the time I got back, he was already finished. He even showed me how to rekey another door, free of charge (it took about 20 seconds but I appreciated that he helped me out!). I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They rekeyed one lock for me and showed me how to rekey another lock that had a "smart key."

04/29/2010

Deborah T.

We just had a carpenter shave the top of a bathroom door so it would fit the frame as the house has shifted. The door hadn't shut properly for years and so the lock didn't work. The next night, after returning from an evening out, we put our cat in the bathroom for a "time out" so the other kitty (her mortal enemy) could run around freely. After a few minutes, I realized that the bathroom door was locked from the inside and the cat was locked inside. We never had a key to that lock. All of our efforts to jiggle or force the lock failed. I called several locksmiths who advertise being available 24/7 but received no response. Then I called Laurie's company and she answered. It was after midnight and she was already in bed. She threw clothes on and drove over immediately. She was able to unlock the lock in 5 minutes. She then looked at some other locks in our house and answered questions and gave some advice about safety issues involving our locks. Her price would have been much lower had we not needed an emergency house call after midnight. We will definitely be using her services to make some improvements with our locks.

Description of Work
Came out in middle of the night to unlock a bathroom door with our pet accidentally locked inside.

12/02/2009

Marlene B.

The service was excellent.

Description of Work
They opened a screen door lock that was stuck. I had tried several times prior to them coming out to unlock the door.

09/11/2009

Allison K.

Didn't have Laurie do any work, but she was pleasant to talk to.

Description of Work
Spoke to Laurie on the phone - I had gotten a quote from another locksmith, and I wasn't sure if I was being overcharged. Laurie leveled with me and assured me that the other locksmiths prices were in fact reasonable and that I wasn't getting ripped off.

08/18/2009

MARIANNE C.

Job went very well. I had set an appointment the previous week, and he showed up exactly on time. Got the work done efficiently. Friendly, no problems. I'm satisfied.

Description of Work
Tenants had moved out of my rental house and I wanted all the locks changed (10), and the total number of keys reduced. One doorknob was broken, and one deadbolt was stuck shut.

02/06/2009

k F.

The office was very responsive and able to schedule same day service. The locksmith was very professional in his manner and arrived on time. He explained what he was doing and why and did not hestitate to fix the existing lock rather than replace it. It now works better than it has in years. After he fixed it, I asked his opinion on replacing another lock and he provided reasoned advice - pro's and cons of what I was thinking of doing and did not try to push me in a direction that would lead to another job for him. He was happy to answer general questions I had about various brands of lock. I would call them again if I need work done.

Description of Work
Repair of the deadbolt on the front door that was sticking and would not unlock.

11/21/2008

Gordon Y.

Things went well and the deadbolt fits well into the strike plate. Bottom line: I would use 21st Century Lock and Key again.

Description of Work
Had a deadbolt installed by Laura of 21st Century Lock and Key. This included drilling out the applicable holes in the door and jam and the installation of the strike plate onto the door jamb. She also adjusted the door knob and strike plate to reduce play, at no additional charge.

10/14/2008

Pamela B.

Laurie was great. I expected to spend around $600-$800 having the locks replaced because our new house had shifted since it was built and the bolts on the doors were no longer properly aligned with the holes in the frames. Instead, Laurie suggested a much simpler fix that involved drilling to create more clearance for the bolt and lubricating all of the locks. She was very friendly, fast, cheap and great with our dogs to boot!

Description of Work
Repaired and lubricated locks.

08/12/2008

CHRISTINE D G.

She was very responsive and fair in price. They do very good work. I very much appreciated that she pointed that out to me.

Description of Work
They changed the locks for me on two doors. She also caught a problem on my front door. The lock is old and she noticed that the deadbolt was beginning to fail and she pointed this out to me. I was able to order a new lock and when it comes in she will install it for me.

02/09/2007

WILLIAM M.

Prompt service call per my schedule. On-time arrival. James provided professional, personable service, got right to a clean, careful job and finished in the expected few minutes, with no hesitation about tools or procedure. I have called on this company a number of times over the years and I would highly recommend this small business if anyone asked me for a reference.

Description of Work
Service call to remove a broken key from the lock on backyard/alley gate.

07/12/2006

ELIZABETH S.

Laurie knows her stuff, she has been doing it for over 20 years. She even anticipated a couple of situations I had overlooked and Laurie took care of the situation. She not only know about locks, but about security and her know how, especially on the garage locks, helped me tremendously. I am extremely happy with this company. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Laurie Sullivan re-keyed my entire house and garage. She went out of her way to come to my house during my lunch hour and make an inspection. I rekeyed 8 locks, including bolt and padlocks.

LB Locks & Security

LB LOCKS & SECURITY is a great  choice for ALL your locksmith and security necessities Oz is the owner and operator of  LB LOCKS AND SECURITY! We are servicing the greater L.A area for over 15 years. Our team is certified and insured. We have built a reputation for fulfilling our  customers needs quickly, professionally and  reliably with attention to details. We are using the newest and the most updated equipment. We are available to consult and  educate you on all of your security needs. We always give personal care to all of our clients. WE provide 24 hour locksmith  solution  and we specialize in CCTV, Intercom systems and  access control, for residential and commercial  properties. Our team is able to handle any  locksmith job. We provide services ranging from: Locks changed/Rekeyed Locks/Deadbolts Installed High security locks Commercial Door Repair Commercial locks Master Key System Key Duplication CCTV Intercom system Access Control System Security Upgrades Home & Auto Lockouts and much more Call Oz for a free estimate (530) 330-7000 It will be our pleasure to assist  you.

Guardian Angel Locksmith

Guardian Angel Locksmith focuses on providing the most professional, honest and responsive locksmith services you have ever experienced. At Guardian Angel Locksmith, we make it a mission to build long-lasting relationships through trust and commitment to customers. We consider it our responsibility and obligation to provide you with the highest quality products and services available. Whether it is a simple lockout or a complex master key system, we value your business, your home and most importantly your time. We take importance in our work and in always providing consistent and excellent services. Thank you for your constant support and most importantly for choosing Guardian Angel Locksmith as YOUR LOCK AND SECURITY SPECIALIST!

Barak Lock & Security

Friendly, reliable full-service security firm and locksmith that has been serving Los Angeles area residents and businesses since 2003.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

LOCKSMITH

Door hanging, alarm systems window and glass repair. No automotive locksmith.