First Lock and Security Technologies

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2012

905 N. San Antonio Rd.

Los Altos, CA 94022

Locally owned and operated, with over 35 years experience We offer a full range of locksmith services for businesses and homes We are available Monday thru Friday 7am to 7pm and other hours by appointment to fit your schedule....

03/29/2020

Judith T.

Gary and staff are punctional and professional, Gary and staff always consider what the customer requires, makes suggestions and since they know what is best for the job, as for me, I always follow their recommendations. They can accommodate any key and lock situation according to the residential customer's needs.They are nice, polite, definitely understanding and know what keys are the best according to the job. I have been using First Lock and Security for several years because I can rely on their judgement, their keys and their installations. Different areas require different locks and keys and Gary and team have been able accommodate any residential needs for my neighbors and myself. Their prices are affordable.

Description of Work
They have been here several times over the years. Punctual, keys for any residential sistuation, kind and understanding,

11/19/2019

Michelle C.

Excellent work by Zach, who replaced two locks and repaired others. Thank you Gary for responding so quickly.

Description of Work
Repair and replace locks

10/02/2018

Aida R.

Excellent. Contacted me quickly after I submitted my request and followed up via email to get clarification and work out the scheduling. Provided me range of times of locks/quality and price range.

Description of Work
Replaced front door lock

10/01/2018

Myron P.

The service was prompt and courteous, the quality of the results as well as our satisfaction high. The ~30 year old lockset on an exterior door had failed. A couple of interior doors with the same brand and age locksets also had problems. All three were diagnosed immediately. The interior doors were quickly repaired in place. For the exterior door a replacement was required and had to be ordered. We did have to check back with First Lock to get delivery information but once we did it was accurate. The parts arrived one evening and the lock was fixed the next morning.

Description of Work
Repair door locks, interior and exterior.

09/12/2018

James L.

I removed a hard to operate Weiser deadbolt lock and took it their place of business for service. It would have been difficult to find a replacement lock that would fit on this door, so I wanted this one repaired. A gentleman worked on the lock for a good part of an hour doing a difficult repair, and got the lock operating smoothly. The service charge was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Repair Weiser Deadbolt Lock

03/18/2017

Marianne L.

First Lock & Security promptly dispatched an experienced, professional locksmith, who was able to re-key two 33-year-old locks, one of which wasn't working properly when he started. He got both locks working smoothly again, and made keys for both locks. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Needed lock repair and re-key.

03/14/2017

Clifford T.

The came and repaired, but ended up drilling too deep of a whole to secure the latch, breaking a side window. They promptly hired a window specialist, who measured the broken glass, ordered the window, and replaced it all at First Lock and Security expense. They offered free door lock service and replacement because of the incident, but I paid them for repair parts and labor. Overall they were very professionsal, and I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
First Lock and Security repaired the front door dead latch, which was not properly opening and closing.

03/01/2017

Bonnie R.

Beautifully!!! The first locksmith had neglected to put in screws, causing the lock to fall out. The door closer for which we were told we would need a $600 replacement is NOT broken--it needed a one minute adjustment. Price was very reasonable and we are soooo relieved. Will use this company for all our other buildings in the area.

Description of Work
Thank God we found First Lock through our subscription to Angie's List! We own a commercial building in Palo Alto with a technology tenant Two weeks ago we called another locksmith through an ad on Google (24-7 locksmith.com) , and each day after that service the tenant called to tell us the lock wasn't working. Each day the locksmith complained that the tenant was not telling the truth. This morning the lock fell out of the front door (!) and the locksmith again inferred that the tenant intentionally broke it. Despite my giving NO authorization to the company to run my credit card without a signature and an invoice with an amount noted, the first locksmith company billed my card for $700. We are now in dispute status with the credit card company. What a mess. The first locksmith today said we also needed a $710 closer on the door as he stated ours was broken. ( Amazing that it was fine two weeks ago) We called First Lock this afternoon as the tenant is desperate--their door is not working at all. Gary was willing to drop everything to assist us. We have had two weeks of anxiety and stress with the former locksmith who is apparently an independent using 24/7 Locksmith as a call center and whose billing name (Locksmith 911 Services) does not seem to have a fictitious business name or owner/address listed in Santa Clara County and has no indication of a license.. We have yet to have his name or address--only a "throw away" cell phone number to which no name or address is listed.

Category locksmith

Hi [Member name], Thanks for taking the time to recommend us. I am sorry to hear your story about "24-7 Locksmith" a scam company that goes by other names as well. Its a story we have heard too too many times from our clients when we go clean up the mess they leave. I urge you to continue your pursuit with your credit card company to refund the fraudulent charges and contact me if we can be of help in your pursuit. Thanks again for your kind remarks and for your business. Best regards, Gary Lekan Owner

01/25/2017

Ken B.

They were terrific. Came to my house the same day the first time and the next morning at 8:30am (I called at 5:15 pm after closing the prior day, so I call that same day service both time) . Fixed them both very quickly. The first time didn't require any hardware (didn't try to sell me anything) so that cose only $145. The second time required a new latch, which he had in his truck, so the labor was about the same as last time, but the new part brought the cost up to $235. Both gentlemen were very nice and professional and were on their way.

Description of Work
I've used these guys twice in the last 3 months - once for a locked furnace door that wouldn't open with my key and the second time for a latch on my front door that was sticky and sometimes wouldn't keep the door closed.

Category locksmith

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and for choosing us as your locksmith. Best regards, Gary Lekan

11/03/2016

Ken B.

Great. He showed up about an hour after I called, was very professional and personable and got the job done. The price was a little higher than I was expecting, since no hardware (except for the new key) was required, but in the end I was happy to pay it to get the job done right.

Description of Work
I couldn't open the locked outside door to my furnace room. So, Gary came quickly, cleaned out the lock, got the door open using one of my keys, serviced the lock to clean it out even more. He then asked if I wanted a factory key made from the lock itself, which he said would work better than the copied keys I had.

LCO4354
    $15
    Satisfaction

Residential/Commercial Locksmiths Locks Rekeyed, Installations, Repairs Keys Fit to Locks Master Key Systems High Security Locks Electronic Locks Pushbutton and Cardkey Locks Key Control - Do Not Duplicate Keys Storefront Security Push Bar Exit Devices Door Closers

Automotive Lock and Key Service