Enticing Landscape & Maintenance

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2012

11161 Essex Dr

Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Additional DBAs - Enticing Landscape Services, Enticing Landscaping and Maintenance. When calling or emailing please state that you are an Angie's List Customer. Submit a bid request @ http://www.enticinglandscape.com/bid_request.html State Licensed Contractor since 1993 Lic. #681043 Liability

Amy P.
10/06/2016
From the beginning, he didn't provide all of the services he agreed to. He came to the house and I went over everything I wanted, he said absolutely, he could do everything. I called him after 3 weeks of only the grass being cut, and was told I needed to change the day. I changed the day, and it still wasn't all being done. He then told me he should've charged extra to get everything done, but they would do a little bit each week, which wasn't being done at all. I have a lot of flowers and other plants that need to be cared for, and I thought he would do that, because he said he would. He never even gave me a quote for re-doing my flower beds after 4 requests. While the company is called Enticing Landscaping Services, he would ask that I write the check out to himself, not the company. He ended up leaving a note in my mailbox and stopping services with me. His letter said he's not making a profit, and the rate would increase to $125. If I didn't agree to the increase; we needed to part ways. I wouldn't work with him again. He has yet to return my gate key, and he didn't returned phone calls.
Description of Work
He was coming out to do weekly lawn maintenance.
lawn service

My reviews speak for themselves; everyone I've ever worked for here on Angie's List has given me an "A" for service or work received. All the D & F reviews I have received are from people I've never done work for and seem to get upset because I was to busy to give them a free quote. I did do weekly maintenance for [Member Name Removed] but not at the address she posted on her review? She received quality service throughout the 5 months I worked on her property, I was never fired or let go by [Member Name Removed] so I find this review to be inaccurate. If my work/service was worthy of an "F" review I think I would have been let go or fired by her but this was not the case. I'm in business to make a profit and for the amount of time I was spending at her property for the price I was charging I wasn't, plain and simple! After the 5th month I left her this exact letter; "We have tried to keep up with the landscape service on your property as best as possible, but for the time we spend I just can't make a profit at $85 dollars per month. The only way for me to give you a better service is a price increase to $125 per month for the service we provide. If we can't come to an agreement on this then it would be best to part ways and find a new landscape service." As you can see I tried to work out a reasonable resolve for service with [Member Name Removed] but was never contacted by her and received this review instead.
Scott H.
07/19/2016
Excellent! I chose Barry because he was willing to share the work with me. I killed the lawn, then he removed it along with 2" of soil. He installed the hardscape and mulch, and I finished the planting and irrigation. He offered suggestions and was flexible with changes along the way.
Description of Work
I had an approved design for a lawn-to-garden project in Long Beach. I took 3 bids.
Lorraine H.
10/27/2014
prompt, reliable, got the job done
Description of Work
fixed sprinkler leak
Irene F.
08/26/2014
it satisfied my expectations
Description of Work
adjusted sprinkler system
Joanne S.
08/14/2014
A friendly & professional Barry Tice, & one helper, weeded, trimmed & pruned for hours, doing an excellent job of yard cleanup. The area isn't large, but was overgrown. He gave some ideas for further improvement, & we agreed on twice a month maintenance @ $30.00 a month. I would highly recommend him
Description of Work
Extensive weeding, trimming & pruning of the yard.
Category
lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment
Michael R.
06/25/2014
Their price is $85 a month, and that may be different than from a home. I have used them for close to 10 years. They are punctual, they are on time, they come every week, they do a good job, and they let me know if I need to water more.
Description of Work
I use Enticing Landscape does my office building. They were out last week. They come out every week.
Angana P.
04/14/2014
Barry is a great guy. He came to our home on time and spent a good amount of time reviewing with me the services we were looking to do. He gave me some great ideas and solutions to the problems we were having. In the end we chose to use a local company but if I had not gotten their name from a neighbor I would have gone with this company hands down.
Description of Work
Came out to give quote for underground drainage, new sprinklers, regrading, sod, plants, planting, etc...
Jennifer B.
03/25/2014
I phoned this provider to request a landscaping maintenance quote, and left a message on 3/10. As of 3/25 I received absolutely no response. If not interested in quoting, at least have the decency to return a phone call.
Description of Work
Absolutely nothing!
landscaping

This is a review given out of anger and frustration, not a review given for my work performance. It seems anyone who contacts you here on Angie’s list is allowed to give you a review base on their emotions for that day. I have received 18 outstanding work related reviews from Angie’s List customers who have hired me for their home projects and 5 poor reviews from Angie’s List customers who never received any work. As a small business owner who performs all duties work and office related it is sometimes difficult to get back to ever single customer who seeks work. Angie’s List is full of similar contractors such as me who can only take on so much work. These types of reviews are posted for one reason only and that is to try and damage my reputation… why? I can only assume anger and frustration. Unfortunately we contractors are never allow to review the customer who contact us, the ones who we devote hours of estimates, consultations and work related ideas at no expense and are never given credit for. This happens monthly if not weekly many times with a promise of a good customer review stating they were contacted and received a quote for their project. But never (to this day) has one ever come through with what they have promised. How many do you see on my page? Not one! I may not be the perfect office manager but when I am hired to perform work for you, you can expect a job related performance that will make you happy and satisfied when finished.
Catherine E.
02/11/2014
I phoned twice without receiving a callback. I emailed and mentioned that I found his listing on Angie's List and he phoned me that night. We discussed what I wanted to do & he said he'd be in my neighborhood in 2 weeks & he'd swing by then. I did not hear from him, so I contacting another designer. Two weeks ago, I phoned him to let him know that I was still interested in getting a bid from him & have still not heard from him.
Description of Work
No services provided, unable to make arrangements to have him come out.
irrigation systems

Been a licensed contractor for over 20 yrs. Not one work related complaint with the CSLB in this time. I have just been rewarded the Angie's List Super Service Award for a second straight year 2012 and now 2013, this is given to the top 5 percent of Angie's List Contractors in their category mine being Landscape. Have received all A ratings from the 18 customer who have used my services here on Angie's List. Not one complaint! The only bad reviews or complaints I have received are from Angie' List patrons who I did no work for... Do you see a pattern here? These are peoples opinions who now have the right to post a review because they paid Angie's List. They are basing their complaint or "F" review on not receiving a "free estimate" I have given many estimates to Angie's List Customers who never posted a word about it even though they did receive a free estimate... It's unfortunate we can't complain about this! My work is top quality, I am on the job site nearly 100% of the time. I do most of the work myself. I offer great service this is proven by the Super Service Awards I have received and the A ratings for work completed. I love Angie's List, it has been great for business because they bring me quality customers, I only wish they would post reviews about actual work not the fact that someone was upset because they didn't receive something for free. I have several other contractors I know on Angie's List and they have the same complaint as myself. Judge me on my work not on someone's opinion. Barry Tice Owner of Enticing Landscape
F.A. M.
02/07/2014
He had a good price and did excellent work.
Description of Work
They did lawn maintenance on two properties.
Chris C.
11/11/2013
Barry and team did a great job. We had a serious nutgrass issue and he kept retreating the lawn until it died. He has continued to maintain the landscaping since the project and has been very attentive to requests. Our house now has more curb appeal and we have received a lot of compliments on the landscaping.
Description of Work
- Re-sodded the front and back lawn - Installed sprinklers - Installed planters - Installed artificial turf
landscaping, lawn treatment
Patricia S.
11/04/2013
It all came off like clockwork! He followed through exactly as he promised me. He was on time, always answered any calls or emails, and before I knew it I had my dream landscaped and planted area in front of my home. I can't tell you how many compliments I got from day one! I would call Barry again in a heartbeat, and was so pleased to find such quality work with a professional near my home. Even my husband was extremely pleased. Thanks to Angie's list and thanks to Barry of Enticing Landscape. PATRICIA S.
Description of Work
Barry is an extremely nice guy, very professional and credible. Barry approved a design for landscaping, and determined the best plants for the area in front of my home. He gave professional recommendations that I took and am so happy I did. He asked me questions as to what I wanted to accomplish from the onset, and he did a great job accomplishing it. He set a reasonable fee and we arranged dates for the job to be done. He found time in his busy schedule to accommodate me.
Category
landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment
Jesse C.
08/12/2013
I will now seek services from someone else, even if I cannot find anyone through Angie's List. As after being an Angie's List member for at least one and a half year now, I still have been unsuccessful in finding any provider for anything. Usually through Angie's List, I am referred to someone who is approximately 50 miles or more away.
Description of Work
Nothing, I used their website to request a bid for installing lawn sprinklers in both my front and back yards. But no one ever called or contacted me regarding this bid. I would have at least expected someone to contact me and state that we are very busy, no longer perform this type of work or something? However, I now take this as a early warning sign as to what type of service I would have probably received had we reached a deal for work? Me probably waiting for someone to show up for the project or waiting for the project to be completed on time?
lawn service, irrigation systems

I am now celebrating my 20th year as a State Licensed Contractor here in California. I signed up here on Angie's List last year and have completed many successful projects within that time. I am a small business owner who only takes on one job at a time so I can oversee and complete this project within a reasonable amount of time. I take pride in what I do and make sure every homeowner I work for is satisfied with the completed project. This is evident by the 15 reviews I have received from the projects I have completed. Angie's List policy is anyone who contacts you can give you a review on your page, I have come to understand that you cannot control others emotions or attitudes on their judgments towards others.
Cameron N.
07/23/2013
Barry was awesome. He is a true professional that works with you to get the desired results. Barry had wonderful ideas to enhance our landscape and chose plants and flowers that require little effort to maintain. He was always there when he said he would be and completed the total job in just a few days. Barry did most of the work himself and had a helper on 2 days, but he never left and supervised all of the work done by his staff. The cost of the project was very reasonable and we interviewed several contractors who's cost was astronomical for the same job. Barry is friendly and extremely knowledgeable about his craft. I really enjoyed the time he was here and he taught me a lot....at no extra charge! We would definitely use him again and recommend him highly to anyone who wants quality work. Barry deserves every A+ rating that he gets. If you would like to ask me any questions or would like reference email Jimmy at 2chihuahuas@outlook.com I would be glad to send you photos of our wonderful Enticing Landscape!
Description of Work
Removed 90 square foot area of grass from front of house and replaced with drought tolerant ground cover. Removed overgrown and poorly designed landscape plantings from beds along front of house and side. Designed landscape plan for planting areas and installed beautiful color plants, succulents and shrubbery that will last for years. Built a small retaining wall for an area on an incline that enhanced the overall look of the landscape. Installed Mulch throughout and adjusted our current sprinkler system for better coverage and water savings. Removed a 15ftx12ft area of grass in the backyard and installed Pet Turf for our 2 little Chihuahuas.
lawn service, irrigation systems

Thank you for a great review [member name removed], it was an absolute pleasure working for you and helping to make you property one you enjoy coming home too. I feel I have made a friend for life. Look forward to coming back to see the progress of the landscape.
jay S.
06/10/2013
So we obviously did not use them since they wanted to rip us off.
Description of Work
came out for an estimate and said we had 1500 sq ft of lawn when in fact it is approx half that (40 by 20 feet). UPDATE So now the owner of the company is threatening to take me to court. Angies list has a dispute resolution process. I told the owner to prove this 800 square foot lawn is 1500 sq ft by providing his measurements or just admit he measured wrong. But he refuses to do either. This review stands even if he threatens me. And if he does not know who I am, then why is he emailing and threatening me directly? If anyone wants proof just ask me at JESilver@aol.com Your not going to bully me Mr. Tice. And be fore warned, I have video surveillance of the house in Calif.
irrigation systems

Wow! Just found out I received this review today, I have no idea who this person is, I work out of California not Florida. I will be contacting Angie's List to have this review removed.
Judith R.
05/13/2013
All work was performed in a timely manner. Everything was done to my satisfaction. They were happy to do everything to my specifications. My yard looks lovely and I'm very happy with the work done.
Description of Work
Enticing Landscape and Maintenance removed all lawn and shrubs from my front yard and parkway in the front and side of my house. They installed a sprinkler system and automatic timer. They installed new sod in my front yard, and parkways in front and side of my house and put plants and mulch in a planter area in the front and side of the front of my house.
landscaping, irrigation systems, rototilling
Diane W.
01/20/2013
My experience with Barry Tice, owner of Enticing Landscaping, went very well overall. My original 30 year old spinkler system became too broken to repair a couple years ago when roots from a very large tree in my yard broke it up. Consequently, my front and side lawns died because my work travel schedule didn't allow me enough home-time to water them. The sprinkler piping and lawn in the back yard was pretty much ok, but I needed a new sprinkler system, lawn, and landscaping in my front and side yards. My first quote from Barry for installing sprinklers, sod and some landscaping in my front, side, and back yards was more than my budget. We talked and settled on $4000 to install new sprinklers, sod, and some landscaping in the front and side yards, replace all sprinkler heads with new in the back yard, and wire all valves to a new sprinkler control unit. Barry completed the work in less than a month. He would have been done sooner but he had to work around my schedule for when we could meet. I found Barry to be honest, friendly, and true to his word. I would highly recommend Barry Tice to handle your sprinkler, sod, and landscaping needs.
Description of Work
Barry Tice (owner) did most of the work himself. He was very wasy to work with, flexible to my schedule, and appeared to enjoy his work.
Connie D.
12/04/2012
Since I am a member of Angie's List I referred my son Matt to Barry due to his great reviews. Matt had the above work done in a timely and efficient manner. He had nothing but praise for Barry and his crew-very professional, honest and thorough. Barry's work was described as stellar. Barry has continued to follow up to see if everying is working correctly and looking well.
Description of Work
Tore out huge front yard along with big tree roots and 50 yr old sprinkler system. Installed new irrigation system, leveled yard and put in marathon grass.
Category
landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, rototilling
George L.
10/29/2012
The initial responsiveness was quick. When I submitted the request, I received a response quickly and then established a visit for the quote. Entice was punctual and the suggestion they had were great. Unfortunately, I never received a quote or follow up after the initial consultation.
Description of Work
No services were performed. I was attempting to get an estimate on having my yard landscaped.
Cynthia C.
09/18/2012
We have an older established garden that was in need of cleaning up for winter as well as establishing a long term relationship with someone who could come twice monthly to maintain. Owner came within 24 hrs of phone call to review work and give me an estimate which was very satisfactory. We scheduled for a time when I was unfortunately away, but he did everything that we discussed and the yard looked wonderful two weeks after. We now have his clean up crew coming every two weeks to maintain and pull weeds! Would recommend to anyone, the workers are great and very friendly hard working men! Very happy.
Description of Work
Older garden in need of a good cleaning in preparation for winter and looking for a company to establish a long term relationship with to keep small yard maintained.
tammy F.
08/29/2012
This was my first experience with selecting someone from Angies List. I am very satisfied and love my yard. I had no idea what to do, it was a blank canvas and Barry designed it. All appointments made with me where on time and the job was started and finished on the dates promised. Barry was professional, courteous and answered any questions. He did exactly what we talked about. I recommend Enticing. I could not be happier with the experience.
Description of Work
i received landscaping design, sprinklers, sod, palm trees and plants.
Rosalie S.
08/19/2012
Barry arrived at our home in mid-July to offer an estimate and suggestions for improvement. At that time, there was a large crater where our oak tree used to stand. Everything in the front yard was dead or dying. He made his suggestions, and we mentioned what we would like to see. His suggestions were exactly what we had in mind. When the work began, we were surprised to note that Barry was present all day, everyday, to oversee and actually perform all of the labor the job required . We are delighted with our new front yard, and would highly recommend Enticing Landscape Services to everyone.
Description of Work
Barry Tice of Enticing Landscape Services, totally re-designed our front yard and installed sprinklers. Through his excellent design and hard work, our landscaper has created beautiful and lasting curb appeal for our home. The materials and plants Barry used were of the highest quality.
landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems
ed H.
08/02/2012
Called the week before to get an estimate and Barry, the owner, came out on a Sat. to measure the yard and talk about what I wanted. It was a fairly simple job as I had already cleared the yard and it was a small area, but we talked about specific types of plants and what the whole job would entail. Basically we needed plants around the house, a few sprinklers fixed and relocated and sod laid down. He emailed an estimate later in the week that described step by step what would be done. I agreed to the estimate and he came out as promised the following week. We again went over the design and he brought a variety of plants with him so we could decide exactly what we wanted. At the time we also decided to pull another remaining bush that I had left and he did so without an additional charge. He then roto tilled and leveled the yard, fixed the sprinklers so they would provide complete coverage and installed an automatic valve and timer. The next day he planted along the house and installed sod on the parkway and in front of the house. He later followed up with an email that explained when to water and start cutting the lawn. Overall, we were very happy with how it came out and found Barry very easy to work with. He had some good ideas about the right plants for our situation and finished the job on time as promised.
Description of Work
Roto till and level front yard, remove large bush, fix sprinklers including relocation, install automatic valve with timer, add plants around front of house, install sod in front of house and on the parkway, cover all ground areas with mulch.
landscaping, irrigation systems, rototilling
John C.
07/11/2012
In the first week of June we determined that we wanted to use our yard to celebrate the 4th of July. Our problem was that our yard, both front and back, was a third dirt, a third weed, and a third grass. Barry came after hours on the same day I called. He spent a good hour looking things over. He was eager to answer all our questions. He gave us a napkin quote that day with an official contract to follow by email. His price was considerably less than the other quote we received by another highly regarded landscaper by Angie's List standards. Because of our time constraints it was a no-brainer that this was our guy based on promptness, price, and his work we viewed online. We asked that he finish the job by the 13th of June to allow enough time for the sod to settle before use. He told us he would have it finished on the 15th and assured us that there would be ample time for the grass to establish itself. He held true to his word, and the grass did establish its roots in time for the 4th. Knowing the importance of a good sprinkler system to protect our sod investment, Barry preferred to do all the work with the sprinklers himself. He was always willing to answer our questions, and followed up several times leading up to the 4th to make sure everything was ok. He even offered a complimentary mow the day before our party. This was a project we thought we would handle ourselves one day. After seeing Barry and his crew work so hard for a week, we have no regrets spending the money to have it done right knowing that our investment will last.
Description of Work
1. Spray existing front and back lawn area with Round Up weed killer. 2. Clean up, trim and weed front planter area, install chip mulch. 3. Remove all dead lawn area front and back and haul away. 4. Fix replace and add sprinklers in front lawn area for total coverage. Non functioning heads will be replaced, 2 new heads will be placed in center of lawn area for total water coverage. Heads on planter system with be placed on lawn system. 5. Install 3/4 inch pvc pipe off existing front lawn valves out to back yard. This pipe will run along north side of house under the fence and over to existing valves. It will be used for back yard sprinkler system. 6. Clean out back yard planters of weeds from edge of garage over to A.C. Install plastic boarder from edge of garage over to edge of vegetable box and from other edge of vegetable box over to corner of house. Chip mulch will be install in planter areas. 7. Install sprinkler system into back lawn area. 2 existing valves will be connected to new 3/4 inch pipe for lawn area and new valve will be connected and pipe will be run over to vegetable box. Approximately 18 sprinklers will be used throughout lawn area. Sprinklers will be placed around the perimeter of the lawn area with 2 heads in the middle of lawn area. Valves will be connected to existing time clock in garage. All new sprinkler heads will be Rain Bird 4 inch 1800 series, all pipe pvc sch. 40 half and three quarter inch. 8. Add 2 1/2 yards of compost to lawn areas and roto till into soil. Level and compact lawn areas using water roller. Install approximately 2100 sq. ft. of Marathon II sod.
landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems
sue R.
07/04/2012
Barry was referred by another Angie's list member who wasn't available. The job was small but Barry was willing to do take on the job. He was professional, punctual, honest and spent the time to do a great job. I needed two sprinkler valves replaced in a tight spot, a sprinkler head replaced, and adjustment to the sprinklers in the front yard. My back yard valve was leaking but Barry was able to repair it without having to install a new one. Barry even took some extra time to adjust the back yard sprinklers. I highly recommend Barry's services.
Description of Work
Repair to sprinkler system. Two valves replaced, sprinkler head replacement and adjustment to sprinklers