Bixby Plaza Carpets & Flooring

Founded 1971 • With Angi since March 2006

10831 Los Alamitos Ave

Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Bixby Plaza Carpets and Flooring is a family owned and operated company, servicing Huntington Beach, Los Alamitos, and Orange County, California, since 1971. We have a team of dedicated individuals who are here to make sure your experience with us is a pleasant and unforgettable one. We will work to fit your schedule and your needs. Your satisfaction is our pleasure. Family owned and operated since 1971. Licensed and Bonded....

01/23/2017

Vicky S.

ok-but they were not accurate on the stair case. we do not have a standard set of steps therefore i believe we were changed based on an estimate and not the actual square footage

Description of Work
Replace carpet

12/30/2015

Cooper R.

We wanted as little disruption as possible, and that is what Bixby Plaza provided. We went into the store one day and spent only a few minutes picking out a carpet. About a week later, we asked to have the room measured, and they came to our home and did it in only a few minutes. We arranged to have the installation done on 12/28/2015, and the installer came out that day and did his work in about an hour. The people were pleasant and professional during all phases. This was a very low-hassles transaction, and we are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Installed a new carpet in one small bedroom.

11/01/2015

Phillip J.

OK, except they didn't move furniture, which we paid additional $75. James reimbursed us the $75.

Description of Work
Install carpet & pad.

10/29/2014

Eric T.

We first went to some other places and found that their interest in our business was clearly not there. Maybe because OUR job was a small 5x5 bathroom. We then went to Bixby Plaza and told them what our needs were and even though our job was small,they were there to give us quality service. We worked with Louie through the and quot;ins and outsand quot; of having a small job and the type of floor and pattern/colors that we were interested in. We worked out a time for him to come by and measure things up and set a date for the install. Because the toilet was leaking, time was a bit critical.. We also knew that it would take a week or so to get the vinyl delivered. A few days later we got a call from Louie that one of the installers had cut his hand and we needed to postpone a week. (one more week really made no difference). The day of the install, a three man team came on time and were very professional. They tore out the old floor and the sub floor and showing me that there was no and quot;criticaland quot; damage . They then went to get the sub floor materials they needed, returned and finished the job about 3 pm. They even replace the base board adding a bit of molding to take up the space difference between the old floor and the new. They were very clean in doing the work as well. A few days later, we received a call from Callie to make sure the work was done to our satisfaction. All in all, a very good experience. Based on this job, I will most likely use Bixby Plaza for my carpet and kitchen tile needs as well. We had gone to other sources like Lowes and had problems with even getting samples to take home and THEY charge $40. just to have someone come out to measure even though I told them it was 5x5. I guess in THIS case size matters! I think because the job was small, they did not want to deal with it. I felt that with Bixby Plaza.....EVERY job was important...NO MATER THE SIZE!

Description of Work
I had my toilet leak in our only bathroom and ruined the floor which was a laminated tile. We had that replaced with a single sheet vinyl. The sub floor had been damaged so that had to be replaced as well.

09/29/2014

Peggy B.

This is the second time I have worked with Louie Weinmueller at Bixby Plaza Carpeting and Flooring. He is really knowledgeable! Bixby Plaza has a great selection of floor coverings and window treatments. I started by going to their showroom and choosing cork flooring in the color I liked, and also looking at options for some area rugs. Louie then came and took all the measurements to put new cork flooring throughout the house, except for the bathrooms which had recently been refloored. He brought samples of the cork flooring, which is what I wanted, and also samples of available baseboard designs. We agreed on the product, and when the work would be performed, which was important because this was the 4th step in a 5 step upgrade of my house, and had to be coordinated with the overall schedule. While the cork is a bit expensive, Louie understood that I wanted to use it because it is an environmentally sustainable product, and is softer and quieter underfoot than hardwood. He gave me a couple of breaks on pricing, where he could, since this was a big order. Louie returned once to double check some of the measurements, to be sure that the order would be correct. We stayed in touch re the start date. When it was time to do the installation, the Bixby Plaza crew first removed all the old carpet and padding. All the furniture was out of the house (in storage) so they did not have to work around any furnishings, which expedited the process. However, once the carpet was gone, they were able to determine that the subfloor was really uneven in several places. They were unable to level it just using leveling compound. In two places they had to lay additional plywood. They did an excellent job of this, and included adding additional screws in the old subfloor in several places where the floor squeaked, to stop the squeaking. It definitely all feels more level and solid that it did before. Even with this additional work, they were able to stay within the original estimate of two weeks to complete the work. I didn't realize that Bixby Plaza also offered window coverings, but Louie mentioned this to me, so I took a look at their woven wood blinds. They are made so much better than the ones available at home improvement stores that it was east to make the decision to buy these from Bixby Plaza. In the family room, to cover a large sliding glass door, the lined woven woods are hung vertically, in a track that allows them to be opened by just pushing lightly on either side - - I love this feature! For the kitchen, the woven wood is hung horizontally, and I selected the option of having the lining hung separately, so that the amount of light coming in can be more controlled. When I want more light, I can raise the lining but leave the blinds lowered, or have both the lining and the blinds raised or lowered at the same time. These blinds come with sturdy rollers and pull cords, which I love. My previous blinds had such flimsy cords that they broke after a couple years of use. They didn't seem to be designed for someone who raises and lowers their blinds frequently, which I do, so I really like the sturdier mechanism and thicker pull cords. And, finally, I was very satisfied with the two area rugs, which are nicely edged. Louie came back to check on the work a couple weeks after installation. He found that the caulking had shrunk in a couple places, at the corners of the cork edging strips, so he had the crew return and redo it. I am very satisfied with the work, and happily recommend Bixby Plaza for flooring and window coverings.

Description of Work
Installed cork flooring throughout a 1800 sq ft house, including stairways. This required removing the old carpet and padding, doing considerable leveling of the subfloor which was slab on the first floor and plywood on the second floor, and install cork "boards" and trim. When the floor was done, they installed new baseboard in all rooms. In addition, I purchased two area rugs from Bixby Plaza, and woven wood blinds for two rooms, which they installed.

09/04/2014

Norma L.

I have hired this firm on three separate occasions to address my flooring needs. My most recent job was completed late August 2014. Just as before, the service was impeccable. The installers were professional. Carol B at Bixby is absolutely a joy to work with. She addressed some special requirements. I couldn't be happier and will call this firm again when new flooring is required.

Description of Work
Replaced all flooring in my home.

06/30/2014

Judith J.

Bixby's installers Augustin and Jeff were on time did excellent work and clean up. The job took less than 2 hours. The men were very polite and also very patient as I did rearrange some furniture after the carpet was installed. I obtained 2 other quotes and while Bixby cost more, I felt the quality of both the product and the staff would be worth it. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed new carpet in both bedrooms.

03/24/2014

Denise G.

They were great. As a matter of fact we called them out a few weeks later and we had them do a wood floor in another room. We called them for the dinning room floor and then we called them back out because we liked it and he did the living room floor. It wasn't high pressure sales, they had good quality products in the store and of course they were close to our location, so that was kind of nice too. They weren't the cheapest guys in town but they had the better quality and they used really good workers.

Description of Work
We used Bixby Plaza Carpets and Flooring for our wood floors downstairs.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

03/17/2014

Roger V.

It went well. They were very punctual and very professional. They were very prompt in replacing it.

Description of Work
I used the services of Bixby Plaza Carpets and Flooring. They replaced the carpets in two different houses.

01/23/2014

Terry H.

Carole immediately accompanied me to view the condo and measure to get me a quote. Although I didn't demand this, she knew I needed to get the carpet installed as quickly as possible, and took it upon herself to offer to do this. When the scheduled time arrived, her crews installed the right carpet at the right price exactly as promised, making my own seller/client happy with me as well as Bixby. I was pleased enough to recommend Bixby just 3 days ago to another AngiesList seller who also found me as his broker through AngiesList. I am very careful who I recommend, since it would reflect poorly on me if they did a bad job. In Carole's case, I have no hesitation at all.

Description of Work
Installed new carpet in my client's condo on Balboa Peninsula.

Orange Coast FLooring

Orange Coast Flooring is a full service flooring company dedicated to service and quality. We are a family owned business serving all of Orange County with over 20 years of experience. Our flooring showroom is located in Irvine close to John Wayne Airport. We have an extensive collection of Wood Flooring, Laminate, Vinyl and Carpet samples to select from. We can help you with material and installation or just the material. Whatever your needs are, we can guide you through your dream home remodel.

Red Flower Tile and Marble

Red Flower Tile and Marble is a tile contractor, specializing in ceramic & porcelain tile and marble installation. We have been successfully doing commercial and residential work for over 10 years. We do commercial tile work for many general contractors on projects. We do tile work for custom home builders as well as large tract home builders.

Green Flag Flooring & Construction

Locally operated since 1991, we offer the best quality and fastest service in home remodeling and flooring in the area. We have a showroom with all of our products and we can even install your brand new floor! From waterproof laminate, carpet, and hardwood flooring to bathroom and kitchen remodeling, Green Flag has it all. Call us today! ****We offer full services for commercial buildings as well!**

Offers by Green Flag Flooring & Construction on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Flooring sales & installation - carpet, hardwood, tile, stone, laminate, resilient & area rugs.

Carpet cleaning