Aegean Designing Whims

Founded 1970 • With Angi since June 2009

4.4

3782 Cerritos Ave

Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Aegean Designing Whims is a full service Kitchen & Bath Remodeling company providing everything you need to complete your projects. All work is managed in house, and we have over 40 years of being in service to our community. License #265975.

04/22/2016

Carl B.

Description of Work
Selected and installed blinds. We worked with Amy who was an absolute joy. She understood our needs including a tight scheduling timeline and did everything necessary to accommodate us. The technician who did the install knew what he was doing it and did it well. Aegean was an excellent company to work with and Amy represented them in the most professional manner possible.

Category window treatments, home remodeling

04/02/2015

Shirley R.

Description of Work
Not much, made decisions that were convenient for them. however, not of my wishes. Never followed up on the job once completed, backed out of a personal complete follow through entire project ie. the details of color finishing touches everything that comes after cabinets. I should have known after the first incident...but went with another designer that was brand new to Aegean she just wanted the job and said what was necessary, I couldn't be more dissatisfied with the designer and company as a whole. To date I have spent a total of $71,000.00 on my kitchen and have 2 more pieces to complete it. Everything I really love about my kitchen were my designs and rough drafting. Shirley Benson-Rowland ps who does a job a never comes to see the finish project or check if anything is wrong???? (which there is) oh well shame on me. I went into this project saying I wanted it to be brochure worthy.

Category countertops, home remodeling

04/02/2015

Sue L.

Description of Work
They helped us with a selection of furniture for my mother in law. We appreciated everything about the experience from the time we walked through the door until the furniture was delivered. Would recommend them to everyone. |

Category countertops, home remodeling

12/30/2014

jennifer J.

Love their service, lover their staff, love the qualtity.

Description of Work
Wood Blinds

Category home remodeling

08/09/2013

Marlette S.

The lady who came out from the company, Sheryl, was prompt. I knew what I wanted but I couldn't really visualize it. I went in there and I had some pictures of the walls and the cabinets and our floor tile. I have been looking and trying to figure this out for 2 months since the cabinets have been put in. I went in there and within 20 seconds, she pulled something that would have been comparable to our cabinet like a sample. For our floor tile she put a color that was what we have on our walls and put a countertop on it so she figured out what we needed in there for our countertop. That's what we did. She figured it out, she came over, did some measurements and gave a quote. She just knew her stuff and she knew what to do to pull it together. She figured it out in 20 seconds. They do full design work for everything so if we ever do something where I need some help or somebody else to come in and help design something, I'll go straight to them. Because it was a laundry room, I was looking at different countertops that were more expensive and she kind of steered me towards something, not trying to get the most expensive thing in there that was reasonable, that looks perfect and she didn't try to sell me the most expensive thing in the box. I thought they were very fair. There were no problems with the ones who they work with who came out to do the installation. It just came out right. She had a good sense of what needed to be done. They were timely, the price was right and everything was good. She was attentive if I had a question and I had a couple of questions. If she wasn't available, she immediately called me back. There was no having to call back and saying I'm waiting for a callback. She will immediately check into it and call me back with the answer. I think they were busy too so it's not like she's sticking around and just had all the time in the world. I think they have good work ethics.

Description of Work
Aegean Designing Whims did some countertop work, a sink and also installation for some of the cabinetry we've had done.

Category countertops, remodeling

07/09/2012

Pam D.

She is great. They are absolutely wonderful. They are top notch. but they are kind of pricey. I can't say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
I used Aegean Designing Whims to buy a chair from them.

Category upholstery

02/17/2012

Vilasinee T.

I call the company due to its approximately to my house. Talk with a nice lady saying I would like to go in and discuss more about bathroom remodeling. Went there and talked with one of the salesperson. So far so good. Gave my measurement of the bathroom and told her I will send her the pictures which I did as soon as I got home. She respond receiving my picture and "should have numbers for you by wednesday ". Wednesday came and gone. I called again on Sunday and left a voice message but she never called back.

Description of Work
No actually service was perform as I never get respond back.

Category interior designers, home remodeling

11/05/2011

Robert W.

We contacted Aegean Designing Whims to advise them of the problems and they sent a person out to take pictures of the damage. Since we did not hear from them after several weeks, I called numerous times and was told they started a file on the problems and the case was assigned to a person who was really not familiar with the complaint. Numerous calls to Aegean Designing Whims were made to no avail and after several months, we requested a simple appointment with the owner. Owner called me, we discussed the entire situation, came to an agreement, and settled the problem to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
We had our Dining and Living Rooms newly designed and redecorated: Paint, Wallpaper, Re-Upholstery, Window Treatments, and large Oriental 8'X11' Area Rug. A few years later, we removed the the area rug to steam clean our beige wall to wall carpet, and found that the area rug had stained the carpet to a brown color. We consulted an area rug expert, he inspected the product, and advised us that the bonding material used to bond the woven part to the backing had changed its chemical composition, penetrated the backing and stained the beige carpet. The 8'X11' stain is permanent and harsh steam cleaning did not remove the stain. We also have several walls discolored from the glue/adhesive used to install wallpaper.

Category carpet installation, interior designers, upholstery, window treatments, interior painters

05/17/2011

Stephanie O.

His prices were too high.

Description of Work
I was going to hire him.

Category interior painters

02/24/2011

Darrell S.

I wasn’t too excited about that. First they did it wrong and they had to do it over again. They were overpriced and it took a really long time. It feels like sitting on a rock. It was my fabric and it was just the wooden frames, chair and was just the seat cushion in the back. I took my chair there. They were okay. They had a guy who worked in the back and he lost my fabric. It wasn’t really great experience for me. I took my mother-in-law there to get a dining room table and it was pretty inexpensive, but it fell apart right away. It came out cute, but it is just something to look at. They seemed to be nice enough people and I wouldn’t go back there.

Description of Work
Aegean Designing Whims recovered my chair about four years ago.

Category upholstery

06/03/2010

Denise S.

It was an okay experience.

Description of Work
I talked to them about a remodeling of my kitchen. They gave me a quote on the work which included kitchen cabinets only, but not installation. They were custom cabinets.

Category home remodeling

04/20/2010

Lorraine F.

Everything went excellently. The customer service with Aegean is fabulous.

Description of Work
They installed draperies in my bedroom.

Category window treatments

03/04/2010

A. J. B.

I nearly begged and pleaded for to complete the work, but I was out of their service area. I was disappointed they weren't able to assist me. They were nice and courteous by phone, but unable to do the work.

Description of Work
I contacted them for interior decorating.

Category interior designers

I really appreciated the member's call to have us do work in is home. He would have been a perfect customer for us, but he is almost 2 hours away from us and I was really concerned we'd be able to give him the level of service we pride ourselves on. It's an awful feeling to turn work away, but I was able to recommend him to someone closer, and who would hopefully be able to help or recommend other reputable contracters in his area. We really do appreciate any opportunity we receive. And he would have been perfect for us if he was closer to home! Chrysteen Braun, President

06/24/2009

JENNIFER H.

They designer was very easy to work with and I would use her again in a heartbeat. However the installer that they subcontracted was very difficult to work with.

Description of Work
They installed window treatments for me, 12 years ago putting in 23 foot drapes in the living room, plus hardware and the drapes for the bedroom as well. This was substantial work that they did.

Category window treatments

06/23/2009

Denise M.

We added a master bedroom and expanded our kitchen giving us more living space. We knew we wanted a great new kitchen but needed to stay within our budget and knew that we would get the help we needed from Aegean Designing Whims. I wanted an off white kitchen, wood floors and we create enough space with our build out to have a large island which has worked out great for parties. We have lots of storage, walk in pantry and a beautiful new kitchen.

Description of Work
They designed, furnished and installed our new kitchen and bathroom. We worked with a staff designer who asked the right questions, then the cabinets were installed, along with countertops, sink and faucet. They did electrical, plumbing, and wood flooring.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, hardwood floor, interior designers, plumbing, home remodeling

06/22/2009

Terry S.

The work that they did was good; they have a lot of good contractors working for them. I wound up with a problem however with the woman who was my decorator. She was a very pushy salesperson. Instead of working by the hour she worked by a flat rate, and I had some problems with her because of these things. We were on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks when this work was being done and the decorator was supposed to be supervising the work. When we came home it was a total and complete mess. We expected it to not be pristine as it was in the middle of remodeling work but nothing was cleaned up or put back in a reasonable fashion. You purchase items through them and I feel that they have a high mark up on them. I think they are a good company but I would recommend another decorator to work with.

Description of Work
We did some major work inside the house: painting, re-doing the fireplace, carpeting, counter-tops, refurnishing the living room, etc.

Category carpet installation, countertops, interior designers, fireplaces, home remodeling, interior painters

Denise M.

Our overall remodeling project has been ongoing for the last year. We've been finishing rooms a little at a time, and it was really important that everything coordinated.

Description of Work
Aegean helped me with paint selections, furniture and fabric selections, floor coverings, and window treatments. Once we had the primary colors selected, we were able to decide on fabric choices, then furniture styles. We still have more to do, and I'm anxious to finish the room.

Category flooring contractor, interior designers, window treatments

jennifer J.

They do really nice work and are easy to work with. They have a nice variety of options for work that you can do through them. I will continue to use them as needed.

Description of Work
I’ve worked with them several times. Most recently was about a year ago when someone came in and helped with some designing.

Madonna S.

They were very personal and understood our needs and wants within the house. If ever needed, we would use them again.

Description of Work
They helped us with some interior decorating about five years ago.

06/18/2009

Lorraine F.

They are great all the way around. They showed up time when they said they would. I will continue to use them in the future as needed.

Description of Work
They designed a room for me and helped me come up with the paint colors and the furniture. I've used them off and on over the years.

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

CB Tile & Stone

Please call or text 714-717-6647 to schedule an appointment for an estimate. We install all aspects of tile and stone interior and exterior residential and commercial. We also fabricate and install marble and granite slabs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Laguna Painting

99% preparation and 1% application that is what makes a great painting contractor. Being in the painting industry I gain a vast amount of knowledge about what makes a bad painting contractor and what makes a great one. Accompanied by my bachelors in business administration I ventured in owning something that I am proud of. I am passionate about this industries and appreciate the connections I have made throughout the years.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Fireplace Updating, Hunter Douglas Window Coverings (Blinds, Shades & Shutters), Carpet, Hardwood & Ceramic Tile.