YARD DOCTOR's Expert Yard Detailing

Founded 1982 • With Angi since August 2005

1866 ROXANNE AVE

Long Beach, CA 90815

Yard Doctor,s A family owned and operated business operating in the Long Beach, South Bay and Northern Orange county areas. The majority of our business is residential. All estimates are free.

03/21/2017

ANgela A.

David and his team always do a great job. We never let anyone else touch our precious trees.

Description of Work
Large trees, small trees were trimmed; a very large job.

03/27/2015

Diane B.

I love having the Yard Doctor crew come to my house - they are a pleasure to work with and do a great job. Maintaining large trees is an art, and these guys are artists. They have been caring for my trees and yard for many years now, keeping my trees attractive and strong. My Jacaranda tree looks beautiful after today's pruning (and as a bonus my entire yard got a grooming and looks spiffy). I have also had other pruning, shrub removal, and yard detailing work done by David over the past several years and everything has been perfect. My yard is somewhat difficult to work in because I have a natural garden instead of a lawn, plus drip irrigation lines scattered here and there and they cheerfully manage to work around all that carefully without damaging anything). David comes with a well trained crew of two, plus first class equipment (including huge shredder truck), everything is first class. And, the work is done exactly the way you want it done - David isn't happy unless you're happy!

Description of Work
Pruned and shaped large Jacaranda tree

03/17/2015

KIM S.

David and his crew were fantastic. Here is how you know a business cares...when they arrived in the morning and began to unpack their gear, one of the workers noticed a plant inside a pot was drooping. He picked up a large wooden stake I had laying around and pounded it in then re secured the plant so it would stay upright. Geez why didn't I think of that? The actual work was awesome. They spent hours pruning years of dead wood from up inside the trees now allowing sun to filter in and promote new growth. David is a kind quite guy who works along side his guys. Price was excellent. Clean up was great. Will use them again without hesitation

Description of Work
Topped and pruned approximately 50 -70 feet of trees. Pruned orange tree

03/09/2015

ANN S.

The workers were excellent. It usually takes a half to three quarters of the day to complete the job. The workers leave the area very clean when finished. I recommend them to everyone I know that needs yard work done. I have used them for 10 years. David is the guy in charge and he is good at estimating what needs to be done. The workers technique is excellent. They understand plants and tree.

Description of Work
They prune all of my large shrubs and trees.

Category lawn service

02/26/2015

JONATHAN V.

We are repeat customers and very happy with The Yard Doctor's work and attention to detail. We have a native garden in the front with some large trees, and a more traditional backyard with some very large 7 foot tall bushes and shrubs. David listened to all our needs, especially with the native trees and shrubs and performed all tasks well. We prefer the careful hand pruning that this team uses so that the trees get a good cut that will allow trees/shrubs to grow back with a natural look. It was a two day job. All the debris was reduced into a wood chipper and removed; our home site was left very neat.

Description of Work
Over two days, David and his crew pruned and trimmed 13 trees in front and back yards, and parkway of our house. He and his crew also pruned and shaped about 30 shrubs and bushes. He removed all debris and cleaned up site.

02/17/2015

Denise D.

I have been using Yard Doctor for over 20 years. They are professional, reasonable and always leave the yard clean and spiffy looking. They take away all the cuttings and clean up afterwards. I have nothing but good things to say about David and his crew.

Description of Work
Trimmed some very large hedges, trimmed my native plants and staked my fruit trees plus general yard cleanup for winter.

Category lawn service, tree service

01/19/2015

J. E.

David and his crew trimmed a large ficus tree that they first trimmed about one and a half years ago. The job went faster this time because by now the tree was much more under control and remained so well-shaped from the first time. Once again, the crew was professional, cooperative, and friendly. I was impressed at what a great cleanup they did at the end, even going across the pavement to blow out my leaves that had built up on my neighbor's property over the previous months. And then they cleaned all along another neighbor's fence line, raking up a trashcan worth of leaves that didn't even come from my property! When talking to a third neighbor who was requesting a bid, David noticed a split tree branch ready to fall, and he insisted on sawing it all the way off and disposing of the wood! And most important, my 30-year-old tree was never properly shaped until the Yard Doctor came my way (thanks to Angie's). It looks great!

Description of Work
Annual tree trim and cleanup.

06/29/2014

JOHN W.

Prompt, thorough and professional.

Description of Work
Once again he cut our trees and thoroughly cleaned up after. We have used them for years and will continue to use them.

04/22/2014

Satinder H.

The quality and price were unbeatable. I called several Angie's List companies but am very glad that I went with the Yard Doctor. David called me back right away and provided me with an estimate and an approximate time frame for the work to be completed. Within a week of my initial contact, he had completed the job. He actually did more than I expected and left my yard in great condition. I would highly recommend this company and will definitely use their services the next time I need work done.

Description of Work
We had a large, neglected area in our. Backyard that was up un-level and overgrown with weeds. The Yard Doctor company came and created a level ground and removing all of the weeds.

03/26/2014

robert B.

I have been using yard doctors for 5 continuous seasons and will continue for all seasons ahead.

Description of Work
David and crew are excellent, hard workers- trees groom to perfect shapes.

01/27/2014

ANN S.

They are very good at what they do. Their estimates are good and they always are on time. I call them about twice a year when all of my very large trees and plants get over grown. The price depends on how much work I have done. If I have trees it's a little bit more and if I have just large bushes then it's little less. They are three guys that work for about three quarters of the day. I think their price is a little steep. I use them regularly and in fact I recommend them to all my friends too. They don't overcharge; it's just that they are not cheap.

Description of Work
I use Yard Doctor's Expert Yard Detailing for tree service. I've been using them for over ten years.

09/22/2013

J. E.

David returned my phone call within a few hours and came the next day for an estimate to trim my ficus tree. He was punctual, courteous, and professional, and was very fair about his price. He gave me some possible days and times, and we later settled on that by phone. I then heard from him to confirm on the day we agreed, and showed up with his crew on time. They were quick, efficient, and professional, even cleaning around my 2 neighbors' properties who had some of my leaves blown there previously. I then asked if he could trim back my neighbor's vine which had grown onto my roof. David was cooperative, gave me a fair price, and got that job done quickly too. As he was cleaning around the neighbor's, they made a deal for David's crew to trim their tree and take the darn vine all the way down! Good job there too, so 2 happy new customers. I will definitely use David for future yard needs.

Description of Work
David the Yard Doctor trimmed a very full ficus and trimmed an overgrown vine.

04/22/2013

Connie D.

We found David through our neighbor who raved about him and his work. Thankfully, we hired him and his hard worker Fernando. Our jobs were completed by consummate professionals and all debris hauled away in a timely manner. You can't go wrong with these guys!

Description of Work
We needed trees trimmed both at our home and nearby rental property. It was a huge job which included digging out a big dead tree And replanting a new one. We also needed mulching and all kinds of cleanup work.

Category hauling services, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch, tree service

04/21/2013

Wendy P R.

David was very responsive and professional, both when quoting the job and doing the work. He and his excellent team were courteous and worked extremely hard to get the the job done quickly and thoroughly. I would highly recommend The Yard Doctor to anyone who needs this type of work.

Description of Work
Our yard was extremely overgrown and we needed a total cleanup and the removal of several trees. David and his team worked a day and a half to clean out all the undergrowth, top and trim several trees (including a tall palm and some cypress) and remove three other trees. They quickly and efficiently removed everything and worked extremely hard the entire time they were at our house. They communicated very well, asking questions if they were unsure about removing something.

04/08/2013

JOHN W.

David and his men are flexible with their timing. We call, they come and complete the job - not a twig left behind.

Description of Work
We have used David for several years now and would not think of using anyone else. The task is always done in a timely manner, cleanup is pristine and the cost very reasonable. I couldn't imagine doing that much labor for the cost. Our trees are thriving, the birds are happy and so are the neighbors. I foresee using them until I have no trees!

Category hauling services, tree service

09/09/2012

CRAIG S.

This is the forth time I've used the Yard Doctor (David and crew). They do a very thorough job of it and leave the place clean and in order. I've got to say I'm tight with my money, but David and crew give you the most value for your dollar. I trust them, they are clean and very professional.

Description of Work
I had David and his crew come out and prune the Palm trees, trim the hedges and clear the debris away from the house.

09/03/2012

Marvin M.

After a little bit of time trying to lock in a schedule to remove a palm tree with a rotting trunk that seemed like it was in danger of falling over, David and crew came out, cut the tree up, removed the stump,and cleaned up the mess in probably around an hour. I was happy with the price and work.

Description of Work
I had a palm tree with a rotting trunk that David and crew removed.

09/01/2012

Richard S.

Dave and his two assistants arrived promptly on the day and time agreed upon. They came with all the equipment needed (including a wood chipper) and worked quickly and efficiently without wasting any time. They did a neat and thorough job and meticulously cleaned up after themselves. Dave even cleaned out my rain gutters and cleared tree branches away from my roof at no extra charge.

Description of Work
Thoroughly cleared and trimmed vines and shrubbery away from a neighbor's fence to meet his homeowner's insurance requirements.

Category lawn service, tree service

08/08/2012

Denise D.

The work was terrific. I can't believe they did all that for $1000. The tree was huge and they had to dig it out by hand. It took all day and it was hard but worth it. I will be calling them back in the winter to do some more work on the bushes.

Description of Work
David and his crew removed a huge rubber tree (ficus) from my back yard and trimmed a large bush that was encroaching on the neighbors yard. They did an amazing job considering that they were unable to get a grinder in to the back yard and removed the stump by hand. We have been using Yard Doctor for over 20 years to trim bushes, trees and yard clean up. These guys are the best. They show up on time and leave the yard spotless. They grind and clean up all branches, leaves and waste and make sure everything is as it should be. For the amount of work they do their prices are very reasonable. You may get cheaper bids from low ball people but they leave you holding all the trimmings and do not clean up after themselves. I have recommended them to everyone I know who needs yard work done.

02/10/2012

Becky M.

They took out a small tree, and a bush, and they did some fine tuning and clean up and detailed the yard. We are very happy with what they did. They were great. They responded quickly, we had a lot of wind damage in the area, and they took time to come out and do the job.

Description of Work
We got the Yard Doctors from Angie's list and they were terrific, and we would definitely refer them to others.

01/27/2012

Linda L.

YARD DOCTOR'S TREE SVC AND LANDSCAPING Yard Doctors Tree Service, were friendly and competent.

Description of Work
YARD DOCTOR'S TREE SVC AND LANDSCAPING I used Yard Doctors Tree Service, a couple years ago.

11/08/2011

Nancy W.

The project went well: three men arrived on time two days in a row, work non-stop until done, and hauled away an entire large truckload of ground-up old growth and plant debris. The work area was raked clean. Neighbors stopped by to admire the improvement and one even took pictures. Only regrets: they don't mow grass, and they're pretty expensive. But this was the kind of work we couldn't do ourselves, so we had to bite the bullet and get it done. All three of the guys were excellent. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
Lacing four large pine trees, removing one 30-foot cedar and lots of overgrown plants/trees, general clean-up of front yard on newly-acquired property that had been long-neglected.

11/03/2011

CRAIG S.

Arrived on time, hard working guys, left the place immaculate.

Description of Work
David and his crew arrived right on time, they trimmed and cleaned over 16 King and Queen Palms. At the last minute I asked if they could remove a fruit tree in my back yard, this was not only completed, but they cleaned the whole flowerbed for me as well! David and his crew are simply the best! I'll always call The Yard Doctors for anything and everything I need done.

08/21/2011

Cathy M.

I called to schedule the tree trimming and we decided on a date. He showed up when he said, and a few hours later the work was finished and are trees were trimmed.

Description of Work
We have used the Yard Doctor to trim our trees for many years. David is very responsive, shows up when he says, and does excellent work. He leaves the yard looking immaculate after he has finished trimming the trees.

09/27/2010

Linda L.

He's great, he's perfect and we don't need anyone else but him. He is very fair in his pricing, his work is excellent and he's a very nice guy.

Description of Work
Yard Doctors Tree Service and Landscaping helped us re-landscape and did all of our pruning.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Lepe's Garden

Junk King Long Beach

Our uniformed, well-trained employees offer professional services at affordable prices that are guaranteed to beat our competitors’. We happily provide free written estimates before beginning any work and make sure the premises are tidy before we leave. We’re serious about the environment too. We recycle and save from the landfill almost 60% of everything we pick up.

Junkluggers of Southern LA County

Get rid of junk with The Junkluggers of Southern LA County - your local junk hauler providing eco-friendly junk removal services. Our trained professionals do all the work for you, removing unwanted items safely and efficiently, no matter how big or small. Afterward, we donate, recycle, or responsibly dispose of as much as possible. Book a free, on-site estimate to learn more. The Junkluggers of Southern LA County serves California areas throughout Long Beach, Torrance, Rancho Palos Verdes, Carson, Lakewood, Cerritos and all neighboring communities.

Yard Doctor provides complete yard detailing and clean up, removal and installation of, plants and shrubs and trees. Flower bed rejuvenation, fertilization and weed removal. We pride ourselves on our excellent clean up leaving your yard in pristine condition when service is completed.

Weekly, bi-monthly, monthly mowing and edging.