Del Mar Landscaping

Founded 1993 • With Angi since October 2008

Del Mar Landscaping was started by founder Conrad Romero in Long Beach, California. What started as a local maintenance company in 1993 has grown and developed into a large family business who take great pride in their ability to address your landscaping needs. We at Del Mar Landscape provide a complete spectrum of landscape services with professional and personal care for each client's needs. We specialize in Landscape Installation, Irrigation, Hardscape Installation, Concrete Services, Landscape Maintenance Services, Tree Trimming, Custom Projects, Residences, and Commercial Developments. Our commitment is to maintain a relentless focus on customer satisfaction. Our standards are high as our quality of the work we offer. ...

+51 more images

lawn care (239)lawn & landscaping (142)irrigation system (89)tree service (71)hardscaping (41)concrete repair (24)stone & gravel (20)fence company (18)hauling (16)excavating (16)landscape lighting (12)lawn treatment (12)

02/19/2021

Anne B.

They did an excellent job. I talked to the owner, Conrad, through the whole process and he gave some beautiful suggestions. I would highly recommend them and I will definitely be hiring them again to do more work for me.

Description of Work
They did some landscaping work for me. They removed concrete, put in flower beds, and put in a nice fence in the front. They also put in a beautiful rose garden on the side of my house.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

12/06/2020

Barry N.

We had Del Mar Landscaping do the work and we are very happy with their work. The crew were very nice and willing to discuss my ideas and suggestions as we made some changes and additions to the job. We ended up doing more work than the original estimate covered and we feel the cost at the end was very fair. We would recommend Del Mar Landscaping to anyone wanting to improve their landscaping.

Description of Work
Our front yard needed help. We had red brick planters that were falling apart. We wanted to pull out the planters and replace them with stacked stones in the front of the house and pavers around the yard.

Category mudjacking, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

Review for Del Mar Landscaping - L.A. Orange County, Long Beach, CA - 39068617

09/23/2020

timothy M.

Conrad came immediately to give an estimate. He then scheduled the work and it proceeded as promised. The workplace was left very clean every day. It took three days and we couldn't be happier with the result.

Description of Work
Small front yard needed lawn and large roots to be removed and artificial turf and rocks installed.

Category excavators, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, mudjacking

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

Yes the artificial turf turned out great. Thanks guys.

08/13/2020

Mike C.

Del Mar Landscaping is a top notch outfit. They do everything from start to finish. On time and the crew is amazing. The job took a total of two weeks and the crew cleaned up every day. Would recommend their services to anyone that wants a professional company that takes pride in their work. We get daily compliments of how great our house now looks.

Description of Work
demo of existing yard, new concrete and sod, lighting, and balcony rebuild

Category concrete repair, landscaping, mudjacking, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Review for Del Mar Landscaping - L.A. Orange County, Long Beach, CA - 38796547

Yes it was awesome. Thanks.

04/15/2020

Joseph D.

landscape, paving, artificial/synthetic grass

Description of Work
Conrad was very responsive and helped ensure that my vision of my backyard came true . He is very fair and competitive in price. His guys were diligent and competent and got the job done! We love our new backyard.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Likewise. It was a pleasure working with you. Stay safe.

03/26/2020

John D.

Conrad and his team at Del Mar Landscaping are great. His guys are very respectful and do excellent work at a fair price. They made sure they finished the job during a very uncertain time (Coronavirus pandemic), which is much appreciated and also made sure they cleaned up everything when they were done. Second time I've used them. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replace side gate, replace rear fence, replace landscape lighting, new exterior drain, repair brick pony wall, repair masonry wall crack, trim trees.

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

Thanks for having us during this difficult time aside from the rain. Talk soon. Conrad

03/24/2020

Adam S.

Highly recommend Conrad and Del Mar Landscaping as we had a great experience from start to finish. Conrad responded to my quote request within 10 minutes and came to see the property the same day. a fair quote was provided within 48 hours and work commenced within 2 weeks. The team was punctual and super polite and very responsible with our property and clean up. No mud or leftover debris was located anywhere. They came back several times to check on the concrete to make sure the project was completed to our satisfaction. Conrad was a great communicator, always keeping me informed via email and text. They also provided a reasonable price for the work.

Description of Work
Concrete removal and repouring

Category concrete repair, hauling services, mudjacking

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

Thanks guys for a smooth project. Here to help. Conrad

10/31/2019

William C.

I am very pleased with the back-yard patio Conrad and his crew installed. Cost was very competitive. Timeline for project was very close to original estimate. Conrad was very helpful in helping us make final design decisions, especially on picking the paver block style and color. He also promptly addressed all of me concerns, even though they were mostly minor. His crew also worked with me to get the final outline of the patio, with many curves. Del Mar Landscaping is definitely on the top of my list for any future landscaping work.

Description of Work
Patio with pavers,

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

It was my pleasure to help.

10/21/2019

Ed/Alice D.

They were AWESOME. And our backyard looks amazing. They exceeded our expectations. From start to finish, Conrad and his crew provided skilled and expertise in all phases of their work. They arrived everyday and worked hard until the job was complete. Actually they completed early. The cost of our project and the quality of work was well worth the outcome. This was a huge project for us and as it evolved, we noticed areas of opportunity that we communicated with Conrad in which he demonstrated professionalism and the flexibility to make it happen. We would highly recommend them to everyone. And will be using them again for our front yard.

Description of Work
Complete makeover of back yard. Including tree removal, stump removal, pavers, gravel, lawn, sprinklers, and landscape lighting

Category excavators, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

It was a pleasure working with you guys. the transformation from the old to new yard came out awesome. loved the new backyard. pavers look great and matches your existing patio and house. great selection. The Palm springs gold gravel compliments the pavers and the nice greenery. Thanks for all the help. Glad it worked out well.

06/05/2019

Bonnie S.

The work went smoothly and according to plan. Conrad and his crew did excellent work and had good suggestions when we needed them. Felipe and the rest of the crew were helpful and responsive to our questions and requests. Even after the work was finished, Conrad quickly responded to our follow up questions and made sure that we were completely satisfied. We highly recommend Del Mar Landscaping.

Description of Work
Removal of existing lawn and tree root removal. Installation of new front and backyard lawn and flower bed landscaping and sprinkler system. Trimming of remaining plants.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

Thank you. The project was great from start to finish. I enjoyed it very much.

06/03/2019

Melissa S.

Conrad was great to work with from beginning to end. We originally asked Conrad and 2 other landscapers for a bid on an existing backyard design that had been prepared for us by an architect. When we realized that the cost for that design was way out of our budget, we asked Conrad if he could change the bid to reflect the use of less expensive materials and simpler execution so we could reduce the overal cost without compromising the design. He came up with a design that was mostly faithful to the architect's vision, that accomplished our main goals for the space and was a fraction of the original bid. We hired him over the other companies because he always responded to every challenge and request with equanimity and an informed plan. He listened to what we wanted as well as what our parameters were, and worked creatively with us within our limitations. During the whole process, Conrad and his crew consulted with us regularly and were open to figuring out and executing changes that arose in the plans as the space evolved. Conrad always communicated clearly and responded promptly, thoughtfully to quickly to any questions or concerns. His crew was always prompt and respectful and they worked quickly and well. The work went so well, that they were finished almost a week ahead of their projected completion time. The backyard looks and functions much better than before and, most importantly, the drainage system works well to channel rain and run off away from our home. We're very pleased with the work Del Mar Landscaping performed for us! We plan to hire them again and I would recommend them to anyone as being fair, creative and professional in all aspects of their work.

Description of Work
Backyard remodel including drainage design, dirt excavation, design and construction of retaining wall and stairs. yard leveling and grading, gravel installation, tree preservation

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

It turned out well. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for the help.

05/23/2019

Patrick F.

After securing bids from 4 different companies for our landscape renovation project, I chose Conrad and Del Mar Landscaping for a variety of reasons. Not only did he come highly recommended with great reviews - but I felt the price he was quoting was incredibly fair. And personally - that's important to me. I've been through these projects enough to know when someone is bidding way too high - and way too low. In my honest opinion, Conrad was right on the money. Never felt like he was overcharging for the work - and felt like there was enough baked in for him to benefit from the project. Aside from those two reasons - Conrad is just one of those guys that - when you meet him - you know he's an honest, trustworthy and overall stellar individual. Very professional. Knows his business. And went over and above with every aspect of our project. This was a big undertaking. Almost all of the landscape/hardscape around the house was in shambles. And Conrad and his team pretty much touched every square inch. Conrad has an amazing group of guys working for him. Always respectful of us and our neighbors every step of the way. If you're considering a landscape or hardscape project - I give Conrad and his team the highest recommendation I can offer. He is definitely in high demand - so get in his queue now. His workmanship is worth any amount of time you may need to wait for your project to get rolling. But once it gets started - he and his team give you complete focus (start to finish). Feel free to contact Conrad - and he can give you my number to discuss further if/as needed. Quite the transformation. If I had it all to do over again - knowing what I know now - I would hire Conrad without question. PHOTOS: Before & After - [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Complete Landscape Renovation

Category concrete repair, excavators, fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

It was an awesome job. The outcome was amazing. I can send the link to the photos if anyone is interested. Thanks bud. The good thing is we still see you every week for the service. Conrad.

05/03/2019

Christopher C.

This is the second time I've hired Del Mar for my landscaping needs and I would hire them again in a heartbeat. They've managed to turn my overgrown, junky backyard into a beautiful oasis. They removed all of the ugly, weed-infested planters I had and put down a high quality artificial turf. They also made sure my palm trees were removed from their cracked pots and planted into the ground, and help me replace a dead orange tree. Everything looks fantastic now. Before the end of the year, I plan to have them help me turn and overgrown area behind my garage into a hidden private grotto with a jacuzzi and gazebo.

Description of Work
Planted palm trees and installed artificial turf

Category excavators, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

Review for Del Mar Landscaping - L.A. Orange County, Long Beach, CA - 37859438

Thanks. The yard looks great.

02/25/2019

Kelly H.

Taking the backyard from dirt to a beautiful landscaped outdoor living space was the project. I went to Angie's List to find professional quotes, and requested from four different companies. This company, Conrad from the first contact, quote, and through to project completion worked with us to refine details to satisfy every need. His patience working with minor changes and numerous questions along the way was exceptional. The job was done professionally, efficiently, with expert performance, and 100% satisfaction. Of the four quotes we requested, Conrad's was the best price, his work excellent, his crew professional, and the project completed on time. This contractor is the exception to the rule. NO hassles, NO headaches, NO surprises - Just good honest business. We would do business again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Pavers and artificial grass

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

Thanks for the review. I'm glad it worked out well and that you guys enjoy the back yard. The pavers and artificial turf look great. See you soon. Thanks.

02/09/2019

susan M.

They are punctual, professional, and pricing was reasonable. Was so happy with quality, I have hired them to do monthly maintenance. Also recommended their service to my mother-in-law.

Description of Work
Trim plants, tree, replace dead plants, fix drip line damaged during plumbing repair

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, leaf removal, mulch, tree service, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

Awesome yard. Thanks for everything.

02/04/2019

Aileen T.

Everything went well and on time except the weather was a problem with rain for several days. Del Mar Landscaping owner and employees were professional with the landscaping and did excellent carpentry work on the shed. Very, very pleased with the finished job. Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Wanted to have a environmentally friendly back yard so we wanted the grass removed and replaced with flag stone and gravel. Del Mar Landscaping workers were fast, efficient and clean. They removed grass, laid a weed barrier, add the flag stones and gravel, built three redwood privacy screens, planted, installed a drip irrigation system, laid a concrete foundation for a new outdoor shed and built the shed and added a roof to the shed.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

01/31/2019

Shannon F.

We needed a small portion of our backyard finished after construction, and we wanted to keep it simple. Conrad from Del Mar was amazing. We were totally on the same page about what to do. His estimate/bid was beyond reasonable. We hired Del Mar, and the team just finished the job. It's gorgeous. The crew was fantastic. We have more to do, and we can't wait to hire him again.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mudjacking, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

Thanks. The flagstone with sod in between looks great. You guys are awesome. Keep in touch.

12/15/2018

Christopher C.

I have a huge ficus tree in my front yard. Conrad and his crew did a fantastic job of trimming it for me. They were there on time, and finished it in a very short time. They did a fantastic job. And they beat my other quote by several hundred dollars. They were worth every penny and I’ve already requested quotes for more projects.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

Thanks. Was great.

11/12/2018

Jeff L.

The team arrived on time and worked efficiently on all tasks. The tree was removed quickly and the stump ground down and removed. I look forward to utilizing them again.

Description of Work
Trimming of the ivy/vegetation on the backyard wall, general landscape cleaning and tree removal

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

Thanks. As always glad to help. See you next time. Thanks.

09/24/2018

Carole S.

They said they were very busy. Finally agreed to come and take a look Never submitted an estimate. Assumed they were not interested

Description of Work
General overall green landscaping with knowledge of plants to buy

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

HI I submitted an estimate but never heard back from you. If I went to look at the job I definetily would send a bid for it, always. That's protocol on my book. Please email me back or call me and I can forward the bid or I will forward it over. Thanks. Conrad

09/22/2018

Art K.

Excellent, well done and on time. Very easy to work with.

Description of Work
General lawn maintenance

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

Thanks. Love taking care of clients like you.

08/31/2018

Phillip V.

We look at it on last Monday and couldn’t believe how bad it look everything was over grown look as tho it hadn’t been mowed or edge and leaves not picked up for some time.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn mowing and leaves pickup and edging for property.

Work Completed On 07/31/2018