Americana Termite Co Inc

Founded 1975 • With Angi since August 2007

4.2

1711 E 20th St

Long Beach, CA 90755

.35+ years of experience. Family owned and operated. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. For homeowners, our payment methods are cash and checks and also accept master card and visa. If property is an escrow deal or a refinance, then we send the paperwork to escrow and accept payments from escrows. We offer a "Lifetime Protection Plan" and special warranty packages. We service the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernadino and Riverside. We do inspections 7 days a week by appointment and termite work Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. If work needs to be done on a Saturday or Sunday, then advance appointments will be needed....

02/22/2017

Arnold N.

Inspection was good--showed up on time. Treatment just as well--everyone showed up on time and the work was performed in a shorter amount of time than expected. We had orange oil treatment applied in lieu of tenting since the infestations were not that bad. Reps walked me through everything they were doing and why they were doing it. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
We need a routine inspection and treatment if needed

08/13/2016

Mary T.

Run as fast as you can from this termite company. Gary is as rude as can be and the crew is just as bad. When the crew showed up for the fumigation, "Junior" started yelling at my husband that he needed to get his car out of the garage because he was holding them up when they showed up an hour and a half earlier than we expected. Junior continued to yell at him to open the windows and cupboard doors. For some reason they pulled the tent over the house and free standing garage even though they were asked to cover them separately and refused to change it. My concern was that they were now fumigating my driveway and that they would not use enough gas. When trying to talk to them they tried to act like they did not understand English and just walked away. When I called Gary to tell him the problems we were having, the first thing he asked was if my husband yelled at them first because he has never had a complaint like this before. He tried to make me feel like we had done something wrong. Then I realized that I had called the wrong fumigation company and the cost was $2,400 as compared to $1,200 for the same fumigation by the company I MEANT to call. Gary just blew up at me and would not let me get a word in edgewise. He has refused to match the price or even come close only offering up $100. He was so rude and yelling so loud at me that I finally hung up on him. I think he likes to hear himself talk - so unprofessional and a loud hothead. I am going to open a case with BBB because places like this should not be in business.

Description of Work
Fumigation

04/26/2016

Tom S.

Everything went as expected. A trained professional inspected our entire house including crawling under the house and treated any areas that had evidence of termites. He gave us a verbal and written report.

Description of Work
Americana Termite provides me with annual termite inspection and treatment for any termites found. They come out anytime during the year to treat any area where termites are found all for the yearly contract price. Since they use an environmentally friendly and non toxic treatment, it is safe to have them treat without leaving your home. In Southern CA termites can be a real problem, so having this ongoing treatment and yearly inspections has kept our home in great shape for the past 4-5 years that we have been using them.

09/29/2015

Vincent B.

Description of Work
Did free inspection sent report & bid.

08/04/2015

Tammy H.

Mr. Woolery was available to us and answered all our questions. He was very thorough and helpful in educating us as new homeowners. He clearly explained the differences between using orange oil and tent fumigation. We chose to tent our house. He was efficient and helped address our concerns even on the day of the tenting.

Description of Work
Complete tent fumigation of the house and garage.

02/24/2015

Victor S.

Went great! Owner came down to give estimate. I proceeded with work which they did when scheduled for a great price.

Description of Work
Tenting for termites

07/01/2014

Lisa D.

They had an inspection at our house and it took about an hour and a half. It was a good communication and a clear description of the process. We just aren't ready yet to have the house tented.

Description of Work
We had an inspection because we need termite control and tenting.

03/29/2014

Joe V.

The price included a complete inspection, and any orange treatment required, with a written report. They do what they say they will and when. In construction or the trades, I find that's the best, it gets.

Description of Work
We have been using American for four years.

02/03/2014

Cynthia J.

They came out and inspected when they said they would and they completed the treatment on the day they were supposed to. They gave us a two year warranty on the work. This treatment was done with respect to a sale of property. I had no problems with this company and I am confident that if any termites come back that they will treat the areas. Everyone I dealt with from the person answering the phone to the inspectors were polite and helpful. I will definitely use them again for other properties.

Description of Work
They inspected the property and then treated it for termites. They used a combination of orange treatment on the deck/house and on the garage they needed to use some sort of chemical. The inspector that came out seemed very knowledgeable and walked me through the entire process.

03/18/2013

JENNIFER I.

HORRIBLE! the owner thinks he knows best, when clearly the treatment did not work. live termites within months, refused to tent, even when other companies suggested that tenting was needed for our very serious termite problem. took several calls and many treatments in order to get the situation under control.

Description of Work
termite inspection and treatment prior to moving into just purchased home "orange oil" treatment

Category pest control

This was from the new homeowner/buyer. During their escrow, there were 2 options given. Either to fumigation/tent or go with the alternative "orange oil plus" treatment. The buyer was told by the seller that they would have to pay the difference if they wanted to fumigate/tent. So the new homeowner/buyer chose not to pay the extra amount during the escrow transaction. The new homeowner/buyer called Americana Termite and at no charge to the new homeowner/buyer, Americana solved the problem with the "orange oil plus" and to this date no problem existed during the warranty period. However, the new homeowner demanded the tent/fumigation and because the owner of Americana Termite had a phone conversation with the listing agent and was told the buyers didn't want to pay the difference, I explained that it's not free to tent but I would still honor the deal of them paying the difference which was a great savings to them, The new homeowner was upset because she felt we should fumigate for free and that we knew what the negotiation conversation that it could cost them money to tent this property.

09/09/2011

elisabeth K.

I thought they were great. They came out when they promised. They explained everything to us and gave us a couple of options. They did the work efficiently. I only called them so I don't know about the price of other companies.

Description of Work
I used the service of Americana Termite Co Inc for termites in May.

08/31/2007

BOB T.

Arrived 25 minutes late. Otherwise OK. Performed work satisfactorily, cleaned up and was pleasant.

Description of Work
Installed vent for dryer through exterior wall. Parts supplied.

Category handyman service

This is a very uncommon job installing a dryer vent through a wall? First, I am not licensed to perform this type of work. Americana Termite does structural repairs to wood damage from infestation and infection. So, I'm thinking this person may be mistaking my company for someone else. Since the review was in 2007 (7 years ago?), we do at the present time, give courteous calls to our clients if we are running late.

Optimal Garage Doors

Optimal Garage Doors is family owned & operated in Huntington Beach, with over 10 years of experience! We specialize in the repair and installation of all garage doors and openers. We guarantee 100% of our work and offer warranties as long as 10 years! Licensed(1052572), bonded, and insured.

Offers by Optimal Garage Doors on Angi
    Alpha Structural, Inc.

Alpha Structural, Inc. has over 400 years of combined technical experience in Foundation and Hillside Repair. All of our experience is hard-core and down-in-the-trenches – not managed from behind a computer. Our in-house engineers and technicians are among the most experienced in all of Southern California. Alpha Structural, Inc. is the ONLY company in the Los Angeles area licensed to ENGINEER and BUILD any type of repair project. That means that you'll work with us through the whole project, not unknown sub-contractors that you didn't hire and cannot control or predict. Alpha Structural, Inc. a licensed, bonded and insured contractor (license # 663409). We are licensed with the following classifications: A (General Engineering Contractor). B (General Building Contractor). C-8 (Concrete). HIC (Home Improvement Contractor). CALL US NOW FOR AN INSPECTION OR ESTIMATE! (323)258-5482.

Ca Preventive Maintenance

Looking for a Handyman? Well look no further! We are a diverse company able to handle any type of construction or repair situations. Please call to schedule for an estimate at 949-274-2643. We specialize in handyman services, home repairs, home improvements, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Green products such as "Orange Oil Plus" and Timbor (borate) treatments, local chemical treatments, fumigations & structural repairs caused by termites and infection.

General pest control such as fleas, cockroaches, bedbugs, etc., plumbing work, roofing, stall showers, etc. but Americana has a referral network of tradesmen for many of these services.