CARPET SPECTRUM INC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since October 2005

2212 LOMITA BLVD

Lomita, CA 90717

Carpet Spectrum is a fully licensed and insured floor covering contractor serving the residential and commercial marketplace. Installations are conducted by in house certified mechanics. Carpet Spectrum serves the entire Southern California area with two conveniently located showrooms. Lomita - 2212 W. Lomita Blvd. Lomita Ca 90717 (310) 539-8818, Hermosa Beach - 1050 Aviation Blvd. Hermosa Beach, Ca. 90254 (310) 376.4344....

06/27/2017

Terri R.

Great! We are very happy with our new floor, and the process was very streamlined and professional.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor installation

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you for providing a review of your experience. Please contact us if we may be of additional service. Enjoy your new flooring.

09/19/2016

HANK K.

THEY DID A GREAT JOB!!! THE INSTALLERS (ART, ENRIQUE AND V) DID A VERY PROFESSIONAL JOB. THEY WERE PROFESSIONAL YET FRIENDLY. THEY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO DO THE JOB "THE RIGHT WAY". WE COULDN'T ASK FOR ANYTHING BETTER. WE ARE GLAD WE PICKED THEM.

Description of Work
CARPET SPECTRUM,INC REMOVED OLD WOOD FLOORING AND CARPET AND INSTALLED NEW WOOD FLOORING THROUGH OUR HOME. APPROX. 2400 SQ FT.

Category hardwood floor

05/22/2016

David L.

We had Carpet Spectrum install new flooring throughout our home and we are extremely happy with the results. My wife had a very particular look in mind for our new flooring and Carpet Spectrum was very helpful by showing her many different materials, patterns and colors. We were particularly impressed with Jason’s knowledge of and experience with flooring as evidenced by his discussion at our home of how Carpet Spectrum would approach the flooring project, especially in some of the more challenging parts of the project. Carpet Spectrum’s bid was timely and competitive so we contracted with them for the work. Installation went beautifully and Carpet Spectrum’s flooring mechanics demonstrated their skill. Juan and Anthony did an amazing job with the subfloor preparation and installation of the laminated vinyl plank flooring. They were thorough and careful, showed us how they were going to approach all the flooring transitions and also did a beautiful job with the new baseboards. Sergio is a true craftsman in carpet installation. We selected a strongly patterned carpet for our two sets of stairs and he matched the pattern on each step beautifully. Even the walk-off mats Sergio had made from left-over carpet matched the adjoining pattern and were cut to exactly fit into the doorframe. Whenever we had questions or needed to discuss an issue, Jan in the Lomita office was helpful and very quick in responding to our needs. We would absolutely recommend Carpet Spectrum for any flooring project.

Description of Work
New flooring throughout the house. Laminated vinyl planks on main level. Cut pile carpet in bedrooms. Specialty carpet on stairs.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

11/26/2013

Kathleen D.

Carpet Spectrum did a wonderful job. We needed the job done on short notice and they came through for us! Brian was our sales rep and he was so helpful. We are planning to use them again to carpet the stairs when our remodel is finally finished!

Description of Work
Installed laminate flooring in two bedrooms and a small hallway/

10/30/2013

Ted S.

They cleaned up very well. They were really friendly and helpful. They weren't pushy like other companies.

Description of Work
took up the old carpet and installed new carpeting.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

09/11/2013

Devin K.

The owner/salesperson Jason is extremely knowledgeable about his products and other products in the market. He answered all of my questions completely and I felt educated about all the choices and steps in the process. We appreciated his understanding of the merchandise and we were most comfortable that Carpet Spectrum focused on carrying higher end materials. Much of the product line was U.S. built (engineered hardwood floors) or from select high end European manufacturers. We also learned that they are the main installer of Costco flooring after we elected to research Costco flooring services and were referred to Carpet Spectrum. Interestingly, Costco supplies the high quality materials and selects a local contractor for installation. Jason also explained that Costco will research and evaluate installers that they use in local markets and you can tell that Carpet Spectrum is a quality organization. As all categories were rated with an A, a "B" was given for pricing as Carpet Spectrum had a higher estimate than other companies. During the estimate phase, Jason explained that his company would be 5 to 10% higher than the competition in his sales pitch yet we ended up feeling the added premium is worth the quality of both the materials and workmanship. As we decided to use the quality Costco product, we also earned the rebate when you use the Costco American Express card plus a cash card due to a the size of the installation. Their specialized, hardwood installers showed up on time according to the agreed schedule -- in this regard, the best on any of the number of contractors we used over the last 11 years. The hardwood installers - full time Carpet Spectrum Employees with over 9 years of experience - were polite and their attention to detail was excellent. I watched as they moved furniture, put on heavy felt pads on the furniture to prevent future scuffing on the hardwood floors, demolished the existing floors, removed all the nails -when humanly possible - from the existing subfloor to best prepare the subfloor to receive the layer of plywood underneath the engineered hardwood (per manufacturer guidelines), the black tar felt paper (for moisture control recommended by Shaw), cleaning up each day (they swept and vacuumed at the conclusion of a work day), asked permission to use different spaces for equipment storage/use during the job, and the installation of the new floor. Early in the process, the installer showed me a piece with more of the dark colored knots (the engineered hardwood is a natural product with a layer of birch or the premium wood with plywood underneath) and asked if this type of piece was OK for use or to be put only in less visible areas or eventually cut for end pieces. I decided on end pieces or closets so the main installer and his coworker sorted through pieces to make sure only the best pieces were used in the visible areas. His initiative was a thoughtful question as prior to starting I did not think about the wide variances in a natural product like wood - it helped to make the floor look great. When I pointed out 1 flaw -- the only one I found throughout the entire process of the several days of work - in the connection between 2 pieces of hardwood that would probably sit under the refrigerator, the installer went back and removed 2 to 3 ft of work with a device that cuts the nails used to secure the hardwood to the plywood underlayer (the floors were nailed and not glued per the choice of my wife and myself) and found a piece that would have a tighter fit at the connection to make sure I felt great about the entire job. The work to cut the concrete around the base of the fireplace to provide the illusion that the fireplace was built on the floor, the pieces used to make it appear the existing kitchen cabinetry was installed after the floor and the work on the 2 stairs in the house show great attention to detail. The workers showed pride through their work and were extremely hard working. Jason stopped in on 2 or 3 different occasions for the project that lasted more than a week to ask how the process was going. We appreciated the attention to detail on his part. For a project of this cost and size - we basically put in new floors to the entire house, we wanted the project to be done right and were willing to pay more for high quality materials and the best installers. We wanted a company with installers - fully licensed and insured - on staff so they would feel ownership over the entire process. We are extremely pleased with the quality of the materials used, the finished product, effort done by the company and their staff, and highly recommend Carpet Spectrum to anyone who plans to do new hardwood floors.

Description of Work
The provider provided a complete estimate, removed the existing floor down to the subfloor and installed hardwood flooring.

08/26/2013

denise K.

The work they do is excellent. They arrived on time, installation was very fast and they clean everything up before they leave. In 2002 they also installed hardwood floors and carpeting so I was a repeat customer. Their prices are a little high but to me it was worth knowing I was going to have an excellent job at the finish. The job was scheduled for 2 days and they were done in 1 1/2.

Description of Work
recarpeted 3 bdrms hallway stairs landing and living iroom

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience. Our goal is to provide exceptional products and client service levels. The ultimate satisfaction is knowing that our clients have experienced a quality installation from our certified mechanics and that the products selected have exceeded your expectations. Please feel free to contact our showrooms for any future needs and again thank you for the opportunity to have served you again.

11/17/2012

Kevin F.

Having already received 2 quotes for this job, I decided to get a couple of additional quotes. I had done extensive research on the products available and knew the quality and price per sq ft for the material I wanted. I went to Carpet Spectrum in Lomita. When we walked in there were two people behind the counter and no customers. After several minutes of looking through their selection I had to approach the sales desk to get someones attention. I asked if they had an engineered wood around 5-6$ a sqft (material only) both individuals kind of scrunched-up their faces and said "I don't think we have anything that inexpensive". As a side note; every other show room / vendor I had visited had huge selections of flooring for 6$ and under for quality products. So I was shown 3 samples that they thought could be had for "around" my price point. Against my better judgement I scheduled an appointment to measure. The day of measurement came and after he measured he began to give me "hints" as to how I might reduce the cost. Suggestions like, I could trim the door jams myself, instead of undercutting around the fireplace I could put quarter round around the edge of the hearth. I received his quote 3 days later, $21,000. The other four quotes I received were, $9,000, $14,000, $12,000, and $10,000 and all of these businesses have excellent reviews and reputations. When he called me regarding the job a day later, he asked where he was in the running and i told him that his price was so much higher as to not even be considered. The job was ultimately completed by a very highly regarded flooring contractor in the South Bay for $10,000, the material was the best I have seen and the floor is absolutely gorgeous. I feel that Carpet Spectrum either has the highest paid installers anywhere, they just didn't need my business, or I was being taken for a fool. Do your research!

Description of Work
Needed a quote to install aproximately 1100 sqft of engineered wood flooring on a slab foundation. This work was to be done in conjunction with a whole house remodel to begin in October or November of 2011

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your past experience. Based on our written proposal dated April 13, 2012 you were provided two estimates corresponding to your flooring selections, $ 14,550.91 and $ 19,316.41. We are sorry that your shopping experience did not meet your expectations. Our goal at Carpet Spectrum is to provide an exceptional experience as reflected by our clients that have provided us with "A" ratings on Angie's List. Carpet Spectrum offers an extensive selection of hardwood flooring options from entry level to custom manufactured floors. We have highly trained in-house mechanics that use manufacturer recommended supplies and accessories to ensure quality installations and long term performance for all of our valued clients.

07/02/2012

Neil/Carroll R.

They are absolute professionals. I don't ever think about using anyone else!

Description of Work
They have re-done my carpet here and there and everywhere for the last 15 years. They are currently putting hardwood floors in 2 bedrooms.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

01/02/2012

WARREN W.

I had another company install my hardwood floors, but decided I would never use their services again.? When it was time to do the stairs, I restarted my search for someone to install the stairs.? When I contacted Carpet Spectrum, they quickly identified they could find boxes of wood to match what I previously had installed and scoped out the project.? Although I delayed getting the project done, when I called them, they were very responsive to confirm they could get product, price and timing for installation.? They installers (whom were their hardwood specialists) were excellent!? I noticed a few touch up items - which they gladly came and completed.

Description of Work
Installation of hardwood stairs

Tulio's Flooring

Tulio's Flooring is a hardwood floors installation and refinishing company. With over 35 years of experience, we are a local family owned business operation that cares about our craft. While other businesses push for installations at a high cost, our company focuses on each situation and can preserve your existing hardwood floors when possible. Tulio's Flooring offers a variety of services at competitive prices that will work for your family's budget. For standard setting excellence in design, quality, and customer satisfaction, call Tulio's Flooring. Please contact us for free estimates, quotes, and all other inquiries @ tulioc61@hotmail.com

Dominick's Carpet & Furniture Cleaning

As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule a estimate today!

Diditan Group Remodeling

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting, Flooring and Ceramic Tile services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

705295 C15, C54
    CA State License Board
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

AREA RUGS, CARPETING, CERAMIC/PORCELAIN TILE, LAMINATE FLOORS, SPECIALTY FLOORS, CORK, VINYL/RESILIENT AND WOOD FLOORING.