CHARLIE DUNN & SONS

With Angi since June 2005

4.4

Lara's Home Improvement

Specializing in Handyman work! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Villas

Owner operated. Specializing in Handyman & Honey-Do Lists services in and around your home! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Vivianos Painting

Vivianos Painting provides painting services in Oakland, CA, and the area. You can call for different painting, plumbing, and other services. I will be glad to help you! Residential Handyman Service, Painting Service, Plumbing Service, Small Siding Repair, Exterior Painting Piedmont CA; Albany CA; Orinda CA; Pinole CA; Moraga Town CA; Interior Painter, Painting Specialist, Immaculate Painting, Affordable Painting Contractors, Quality Painting Services http://vivianospainting.com/

01/18/2018

Carla T.

Contacted them through their web site's Contact Us email and, after nearly 2 weeks, have received no response. If they offer the capability to contact them by email, they really should respond. Lack of responsiveness = F every time.

Description of Work
Attempted to schedule an inspection/cleaning

11/14/2017

Rebecca P.

We were very overdue to have our fireplace and chimney cleaned and inspected. This company came highly recommended from family and we were not disappointed. Charles arrived on time and inspected and cleaned in a timely manner. He was very knowledgeable and provided a full report on everything we talked about after his inspection. We will be using this company going forward.

Description of Work
We hadn't had our chimney cleaned or inspected in 10+ years. We had both done by Charlie Dunn and Sons.

02/14/2014

Alena M.

Charlie arrived and kept saying, "give us your full list of repairs, we will handle it for you." Also, he does a lot of talking which distracted from being able to describe the work we wanted done. He charged us $55/hr which is on the high side for residential "handyman" type work. (I worked in commercial facilities management and we charged close to this for commercial accounts.) But we accepted it because we needed to get the job done quickly. He was hired to caulk two bathroom sinks, replace floorboard in a kitchen and other similar miscellaneous tasks. Once hired, again he took up a lot of my husband's time with chatter and delayed getting it scheduled. When his crew actually completed the work, the workmanship was terrible. The caulking was not smooth, as it should be. There were overlaps and gaps. In addition, it was smeared on other surfaces, even leaving big chunks on the floorboard we purchased. My husband redid the work himself. Charlie never returned to review or finish a couple additional items. I do take responsibility for my husband paying the full price and not requesting charlie to fix it, but at that point he figured it was faster to do it himself. I also take responsibility for being so late with this review. I should've submitted it two years ago when we hired him. I received an email request for a review that made it easy to complete so i figured i would go ahead. I would not recommend his services.

Description of Work
We hired this company to perform some handyman work at our home. My husband is fully capable but at the time he was working a full time job and running a business so he didn't have time to get our house ready to sell.

Category handyman service

02/20/2012

JOYCE P.

Charles was able to fit me in on a cancellation the same day I called. He was very knowledge, repaired the problem and spent time explaining the type of fireplace I had, how to properly vent, etc. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Repair top of chimney spark shield. .

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

01/05/2012

Lyn P.

He has come out for routine inspections. He doesn't charge if he doesn't have to do anything. We had a buildup in our chimney and he came back to help clean it. He did a good job. He has been very pleasant to work with. I've been very happy with him.

Description of Work
He does chimney sweep work for us.

10/26/2005

TYLER M.

THE STAFF AT CHARLIE DUINNS WAS VERY FRIENLDY. THEY WERE ON TIME AND DID NOT MAKE A HUGE MESS. THEY GOT RIGHT TO WORK AND FINISHED VERY QUICKLY. THEY GAVE US TIPS TO KEEP THE CHIMNEY CLEANER BETWEEN CLEANING.

Description of Work
CHARLIE DUNN & SONS SENT SOMEONE OUT TO CLEAN THE CHIMNEY. THEY REPLACED THE CHIMNEY CAP AND INSPECTED THE CHIMNEY.

06/20/2005

JONATHAN C.

CHARLIE & SONS CAME OUT WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD BE THERE. THEY WERE FRIENDLY, VERY PROFESSIONAL, & DID A GOOD JOB. WHEN THE CLEANING WAS DONE, THEY GAVE US TIPS ABOUT THE KIND OF WOOD TO BURN & USING A CLEANING LOG ONCE A WEEK TO KEEP THE CHIMNEY CLEAN BETWEEN CHIMNEY SWEEPS.

Description of Work
CHARLIE DUNN & SONS INSPECTED THE CHIMNEY. THEN THEY CLEANED & RECAPPED THE TOP.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps