David Morris Concrete Construction

Founded 1969 • With Angi since November 2006

Quality Not Quantity, is our motto at David Morris Concrete. It doesn't matter how large or small the job might be. We take pride in our attention to the design and detail that is put into every job. Superior craftmanship, quality materials and excellent customer service equals satisfied customers.

concrete repair (73)Patios (21)concrete driveways (21)stamped concrete (9)excavating (7)lawn & landscaping (6)hardscaping (3)foundation repair (1)

03/10/2022

Cara M.

I was very impressed with the work that they did. I had a hard time finding a company that could pour to fill in the sunken living room to bring it up to grade with the rest of the slab. They did a fantastic job getting the concrete level and integrating it with the rest of the slab. Cost was on par with what I had estimated from internet searches. I will definitely use them again for any future concrete work!

Description of Work
Raise sunken living room to grade with slab

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/28/2022

02/08/2021

Mary K.

I used him a couple of times. His service is really good.

Description of Work
He put in a driveway and walkway.

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 06/08/2019

04/07/2020

Justine F.

David Morris Concrete was awesome from start to finish. David was great with communication. And the work, perfect! He showed up on time, provided a timely bid, signed contract next day and started soon after. when they arrived on start day, a professional team was there ready to work. Efficient and beautiful work. I would totally recommend David Morris Concrete.

Description of Work
Walkway and two trash can pads

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

06/27/2019

Doug M.

Unable to contact vendor, left message but never got a call back. Not sure he is still in business. If he is, wont be for long.

Description of Work
Parking lot repaired.

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], First of all I would like to apologize that you didn't receive a return call for the message you left. Customer service is extremely important to our company and we strive to do the best possible job. Unfortunately with the volume of calls we receive with our company we may miss a call from time to time but more often than not it is a call that comes through that is garbled due to bad reception and we can't understand what is being said. With that being said I encourage all of our valued customers and potential customers to please give us the benefit of the doubt and give another call back. We are all human and mistakes will be made although I think our ratings speak for themselves. If not returning calls was a common problem for us we would not have been able to stay in business for over 50 years. Our company has an "A" rating on not only Angie's List but on Yelp, BBB, etc. We are still here and proud to be serving the people of Sacramento and surrounding areas and look forward to working with you in the future. If anybody looking to use our company reads the rest of our reviews I'm sure you'll find that the comments speak for themselves and indicate how important customer service and a job well done is to our company. David Morris Concrete appreciates your time and interest in our company. Thank you, David Morris David Morris Concrete

08/06/2018

Susan H.

The crew and boss arrived exactly on time the first morning. The drive way was torn out quickly, though a jackhammer died, tripped out electrical breaker. So they proceeded to break it up by hand. It was loaded onto trucks and hauled away. The men worked very well together, as a real team effort. They put the forms in and they were gone for the day. We were the first delivery for cement truck the next morning so men and crew were here right on time at 6:30 a.m. Concrete truck arrived about 6:45 a.m. They again worked like a well oiled team. Cement smoothed, then when dried to just right, they put a stamp on part and brushed the edges. Looks simple, yet terrific. And the walkway is now big enough to walk in with bags on each arm.

Description of Work
Tear out and replace old driveway with new concrete, and redo short front walkway into house and make it about a foot wider.

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

11/02/2017

Joan H.

The entire crew were very competent and respectful. Job was completed in timely manner and left very clean.

Description of Work
Concrete walkway and patio extension and landing steps next to driveway.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

03/01/2017

JOHN W.

The work was performed on schedule, as promised.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete (60+ years old). Complete new concrete driveway with correct sloping of concrete to drains to remove excess rainfall. Work performed January 2011. The project included two separate parking areas and connection to 2-car garage. The concrete shows no cracks or other signs of significant wear after 6 years. Attached photos show driveway and drainage grates.

Work Completed On 01/20/2011

Review for David Morris Concrete Construction - 112 Kiwi Ct, Lincoln, CA - 34540915

01/20/2017

Kathi R.

Weather and rain were a factor but it got done

Description of Work
Changed 3 huge concrete front steps to 4 easy riser steps.

Work Completed On 01/05/2017

08/21/2016

Patrick K.

Excellent!!!! He gave us a date and time and showed up right on time (actually arrived a few minutes early) with the crew. He delivered everything we wanted and the job was so much more beautiful than we expected! So very happy. We will definitely use him when we do our backyard!!

Description of Work
Sidewalks and porch in the front of our house.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

04/11/2016

Meg L.

Left a voice mail message with David Morris Construction on 4/6/16 requesting a call back to schedule an estimate appointment for removal of grass and paving of a new back patio. As of this date, 4/11/16, I have not heard back from them. I will not be calling them again and recommend others think twice before supporting a contractor with such poor customer service.

Description of Work
No response to my initial contact was provided by this contractor.

Category patios

Work Completed On 04/06/2016

Dear [Member Name Removed], First of all I would like to apologize that you apparently didn't receive a return call from our Company. "Responsiveness" is very important to our Company and as you can see from ALL of the rest of our Reviews, we have received an "A" Rating in this category as well as the rest of the categories listed. With that said, I would like to say that sometimes when customers leave messages unfortunately there is either a bad signal or we can not understand the phone number that is left on our machine which is frustrating to us as well. I'm sure that this has happened to everyone at some point and time. Usually people will at least call back one more time assuming that maybe something like this could have happened, especially after looking at our "A" average History with "Responsiveness". This "A" rating is also consistent under all of the categories we are listed under. It's too bad considering how high our ratings are that you didn't give us the benefit of the doubt and try to give us another call before coming back on to Angie's List and trying to give our Company a bad name when obviously everyone can read our ratings, We wish you the best in finding another wonderful company. To all of our dedicated customers over the past 46 years and to future customers that are looking into using are company, we ask that you please look past this unfortunate disgruntled individual and take a look at all of our "A" Ratings under all of our categories which would be: Concrete-Pouring and Repair, Patio's, Driveways-Concrete, Concrete Stamped and Decorative, Excavating, Landscaping, Landscaping-Hardscaping & Pavers. Excellent Service is our Goal and you'll see that that's exactly what we deliver to our customers. Regards, David Morris David Morris Concrete

02/25/2016

Lisa S.

David was awesome start to finish, and is a contractor with integrity who knows his craft. His crew left the area clean, he kept in constant contact with us to ensure the job met our expectations, and really helped us smooth over a snafoo with our neighbors. We couldn't be happier with the work he and his crew performed.

Description of Work
Poured a basketball court, excavated the area, built a retaining wall, jacked out a raised brick flower bed, and hauled dirt/debris.

Category concrete repair, excavators, landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/22/2016

01/17/2016

Kevin M.

David returned my call right away and set up a time to come over and give us a estimate on the work. Very professional, efficient, and polite. Had to wait because of the rain but David kept us informed of his schedule. Would hire him again for any concrete work and would highly recommend him to anyone,

Description of Work
David and his crew came out and leveled a portion of our backyard and pored a beautiful backyard patio and also poured a couple walkways. David had to install additional drains to the patio.

Category concrete repair, excavators, patios

Work Completed On 01/08/2016

01/05/2016

Bonnie M.

David promptly returned my call for the estimate on the work to be done and showed up on time for the appointment. He explained the work that needed to be done and emailed me the estimate of the cost, which was comparable to the other estimates that I had obtained. I felt very confident in hiring him for the job. David and his crew arrived on time, and promptly started the work. They were very efficient and worked quickly, even though it was freezing those 2 days, and the work was completed on time. I was impressed with the attention to detail and the quality of the work. I really appreciated that David called when he said he would, and kept me up on to date when the job had to be rescheduled due to the rain. He had explained that there may be a delay due to the weather, which I totally understood. I would definitely hire David and his crew again and have referred him to friends who might need his services.

Description of Work
Removed damaged concrete deck at end of pool. Replaced frame and rebar, poured new concrete deck.

Work Completed On 12/30/2015

12/22/2015

Dena K.

Acting as our own general contractors, we interviewed David among the first trades people we considered because of his stellar reviews online, both on Yelp! and here on Angieslist. There was a formidable amount of work to be done between our front and back yards and we wanted to be sure we had the right guy for the job. Others looked at the scope of the work and said they were too busy, and one gave us a quote that was off-the-charts costly while boasting that his would be the best quote of all. We're sure David was surprised to hear from us so long after his initial visit, but his approach was welcoming, his attitude was professional and the level of detail with which he explained things made us fans from the moment we signed the initial contract. His workmen were unbelievably strong, fast, and exacting as huge cement trucks came and went from in front of our home. Once forms were in place and concrete began being poured, his men had to work fast to trowel each section, knowing we wanted as fine a broom finish as we could get. David was here every day of the job, often having to deal with both my husband and I hovering nearby. Even David's 75-year old father, who taught his son the business, spent days expertly troweling and smoothing our retaining walls and walkways alongside the other workers. It was a thing of beauty to see all this happening, and the first tangible bit of work done to our property after nearly nine months of planning and staring and plans. As he interpreted the landscape designer's plans, David discussed every element with us, occasionally giving us the option of changing things up, such as raising the wall to 3 feet in some areas and stepping it down to 2 feet in others, where the levels would be more congruent with the nearby grade. The result is easily the most attractive concrete job in the neighborhood, and as we continue to get the rest of the work done (shade structure, mortarless paver patio, etc.) David's concrete works sets the standard of excellence for all our other contractors.

Description of Work
Retaining walls, planters, walkways, courtyard, mow strip -- front and back yard.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/15/2015

10/17/2015

DONNA M.

David and his crew were professional, efficient, and polite at all times. They worked together to break up and remove all necessary concrete on DAY #1. They leveled all affected areas and set the forms that day. They cleaned up and hauled away all the old concrete. On DAY #2, they arrived at 0540AM to set up the concrete delivery system to my backyard and sideyard. They placed rebar in all areas where concrete was to be poured. Once the concrete was poured, the patio area and sidewalk area were broom-finished as per our contract. All forms were then removed. David also began hand-chiseling out my exisitng metal swimming pool handrail. On DAY #3, David removed my pool handrail and replaced it with a SAFTRON handrail that did not require grounding or bonding. He did an EXCELLENT JOB!!! Also, on this last day, David's crew members completed the re-grounting of my pool deck bricks. I am so very pleased with David's work and would highly recommend him and his company to anyone needing concrete work done.

Description of Work
David and crew hammered out my existing patio (31 years old with numerous cracks), the sidewalk on the east side of my home (also 31 years old with lifting and cracks from a neighbor's ash tree roots), re-grouted the brick inserts in my swimming pool decking, and replaced a metal swimming pool return-to-deck handrail that had previously been improperly grounded and installed by a different company.

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 10/12/2015

07/30/2015

Allan T.

We're extremely happy with the concrete work by David Morris, it's just as we had envisioned. It was definitely not an easy job for several reasons. There is limited access to the back yard, so no large equipment could be used, requiring all excavation to be done by hand. Making it even more labor intensive were huge tree roots from a 30-year-old tree we had removed recently. Also, we've had drainage problems for some time due to clogged drains, most likely from tree roots. David addressed the problem by grading the area and installing a new system of drains. David is very honest, personable, and a true professional. We had scheduled the job well in advance and were delighted when he was able to start a few days ahead of schedule. David kept us informed of their schedule and the crew arrived on time each day. The job was more difficult and took longer than expected due to problems that could not be anticipated until excavation had begun. However, David did not complain and honored his original proposal. His crew was polite, respectful, and worked diligently for nearly 4 days in extremely hot weather. Thank you David and your crew for our beautiful new patio and walk, an A+ job!!

Description of Work
Removed old concrete patio and walk, graded area, installed new larger stamped concrete patio, walk, about 30 feet of concrete edging, and a system of drains.

Category concrete repair, excavators, landscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 06/25/2015

06/30/2015

Bruce C.

We could not have asked for a better experience or outcome. David was very helpful from the very first meeting in helping us understand our options. When the work began he always kept us informed about his schedule. He slipped our job into his schedule, so it was completed over three days. On each of the three days he called to let us know when he and his crew would show up. The price was competitive and the sidewalk and stairs are beautiful. We continue to get complements on the work from neighbors. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Split entryway sidewalk with stairs.

Work Completed On 06/22/2015

06/29/2015

Diane M.

After receiving half a dozen bids and hiring/firing an incompetent company, I found David Morris Concrete Construction. David was prompt in returning my request to bid this small project. He gave the date & time he wanted to view the project, was on time for our appointment and promptly emailed his bid. In signing the contract with David, he went over all the fine print, making sure that his client was well informed. He started our project a day ahead of our scheduled time, calling first to see if it was convenient. David's crew is respectful, skilled, professional and they clean up after themselves. Concrete work is outstanding. My biggest take-away is that David was on site with his crew for this small project. He takes pride in quality work and it shows. You won't be disappointed!

Description of Work
Graded, formed and poured a patio.

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 06/29/2015

06/21/2015

Dina P.

David and his team are amazing. He is so nice and easy to do business with. He worked around our busy schedules and even completed our job almost a week early. The new extension of the driveway looks amazing and his guys cleaned up after they left. I would definitely use David Morris again.

Description of Work
Extended our drive way and poured a pad for our trash cans.

Work Completed On 06/19/2015

06/09/2015

Ken C.

The service was good. Their price is reasonable. They do a good job and they are pleasant to deal with.

Description of Work
I have used Dave Morris. I had them remove and reinstall a front walk.

Work Completed On 09/30/2014

05/07/2015

Shirley K.

We had a 30 year old wood retaining wall next to our pool deck with a wood bridge to our patio area. These were in poor condition. David and his crew replaced the wood retaining wall with a concrete wall and installed drainage lines so water wouldn't stand behind the wall. He also designed and built a new bridge (approximately 5' x 6'). This was a little difficult as the pool deck is higher than the patio. We had a couple of bad sections of pool deck that were cracked and sinking due to the failing retaining wall so those were also replaced. These were done with exposed aggregate with every effort to match the original deck. We were impressed with the results. David was punctual for his appointments with us. We had a few estimates and his was reasonable for the work we needed. We chose David because he had some great ideas about how to approach the job. He explained everything that would be going on during the construction and worked well with the pool contractor who was working in the yard at the same time. He and his entire crew were professional and courteous. They cleaned up the yard when they were done, hauled off all debris, and even arranged the rocks in the creek bed. It was a pleasure to do business with this company.

Description of Work
Built new retaining wall with drainage lines installed. Built new concrete bridge. Replaced a portion of exposed aggregate pool deck.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 04/08/2015

Review for David Morris Concrete Construction - 112 Kiwi Ct, Lincoln, CA - 27246555

05/02/2015

Carrie H.

The process went very well. The crew showed up on time and was very professional. David was very responsive and easy to work with. The patio is beautiful! We hope to redo our driveway next year and we will be using this company.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete patio and sidewalk, then framed and poured new, stamped and colored patio and sidewalk.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, stamped concrete, patios