A to Z Chimney Services

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2009

A to Z Chimney Services is a small, family owned and operated specialty business. We pride ourselves in keeping you warm and safe in the winter. ...

Bell Brothers Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning

“Bell Brothers Plumbing Heating and Air was founding in 1991 in Elk Grove, CA by brothers Kenny & Jerry Bell. After almost 30 years in the business, Bell Brothers has expanded to not only specialize in heating and air services, but windows installation, plumbing, sewer, duct work replacement and insulation. With more than $5,000,000 in Home Energy Upgrade rebates earned for their customers, Bell Brothers has established themselves a leader in California’s Home Energy Upgrade Program for utility companies SMUD and PG&E. Today there are over 160 trucks on the road and over 200 employees daily serving the greater Sacramento area and parts of seven surrounding counties. It comes to no surprise that Bell Brothers delivers 365 Days of Satisfaction to all their customers by providing the highest install standards, the best trained technicians and year-round service. Bell Brothers guarantees that you’ll love your service or your money back, that’s what makes them the “No Surprise Guys!”

Northwest Exteriors

Home improvement company specializing in window replacement, doors, patio covers, LifeRooms, sunrooms, siding, solar and HVAC Systems. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction & finest home improvement products available. We've been in business since 1995. We are Diamond Certified and are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. Our competitive pricing guarantee ensures we will meet or beat any competitor's written quotes. We have many different finance options available! Simply the Best...Trust Northwest!

Brothers Home Improvement Inc

Family Owned and Operated since 1994. Nine Brothers & Sisters Striving For Your Complete Satisfaction! Energy Efficient, Replacement Windows and Doors. No Subcontractors! No High-pressure Sales! Ranked Among The Top Nationwide by Qualified Remodelers! AAMA Certified and Members of the Better Business Bureau. Quality Craftsmanship. Lifetime Warranties. Financing Available. Additional phone numbers: - (916) 791-9170 (510) 498-5987, (925) 828-5789 & (650) 573-0256. Save $75 per window & $150 per door.

01/22/2018

fran S.

Tim came to my house , was prompt and friendly. Check out my blower switch and blowers, thermostat and everything pertaining to my insert . He was very through and explained every thing to me as her went along. He was patient and treated me with respect and dignity and valued my input. Being a Senior , I wanted someone I could trust and I did with him. My problem was a loose wire connection. I would definitely used this company again and Tim

Description of Work
Repair a problem with my wood fireplace insert blower

Category fireplaces

01/22/2017

Mark T.

everything was good, tech was (Arron) but then needed follow up to measure flue and order spark arrestor, and install. I needed to provide custom path on lightweight cement tiles. when I got that done, measured chiminy flue, central admin called me back and said would get back t.o me. never did. that was a couple or three months ago. Proceeding on my own solution

Description of Work
Chiminey/gas log inspection and repair, bird proofing of flue top

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,gas logs

01/06/2016

Cheryl M.

Aaron was extremely professional, on time and very tolerant of all my questions and interruptions. He explained my options for the fireplace and provided high level pricing, even recommend some places I could get a new insert. I would definitely recommend them and will consider them for window screens come summer!

Description of Work
A to Z came by to give me a complimentary 2nd opinion on my wood burning insert. I bought a new house and didn't have the chimney inspection done before I closed- head smack! Although they weren't able to save my insert, which was installed incorrectly, they delivered the news in a way that made me fully understand my options.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

01/04/2016

Theodore W.

They were really good but their customer service was a little arduous. They did a great job and we were really happy with them.

Description of Work
They installed about 14 new window screens.

Category replacement windows

11/16/2015

Carol A.

y screen door is concerned, I have had no problems with it and would use the company again.The guys were great. Explained everything in detail. Door was installed in a quicker time frame tan originally planned. No problems. My only complaint was that I wrote the company awhile later. I have a relative in Napa, California who wanted a security screen door. I asked the company if they went to that area, or if they could recommend anyone. I never received a response. As far as m

Description of Work
Installed retractable screen door .

09/19/2015

ELENE S.

However, this kind of gets back to what I didn't like about the roof guy and the HVAC guy. And maybe it is my bad luck that my house is in such poor condition. But they said that the chimney was unsafe to use and he made a very scrawled, handwritten description of what needed to be fixed in a very small area in their invoice, so that it was very unclear. I could hardly tell what it was because I wasn't familiar with the terminology they were using. That the cost repairs that they said it needed repaired was $2000-$3000. I remembered later on that they had sent an email with all the information and pictures and all that kind of stuff. I do believe I got a good Deal to do the inspection and cleaning but once again I think that it was a bait and switch. It seemed like if, they were out to tell people that their chimney needed thousands of dollars of work. My house is an older house and it very well could be that it needs it. I certainly don't doubt their knowledgeable about it but I am certainly not going to pay anybody to do that kind of work without getting at least a couple of more estimates. I've only used the chimney once since because they scared me so much. If they genuinely think that it is unsafe to use, I am going to believe them. I haven't done any other estimates partially because I am scared about what the cost is going to be but because I was just hoping for a cleanup and fix and they'll be on their way not scare me to death with a big huge replacement cost.

Description of Work
It was a Big deal. They did do the inspection and cleaning.

Category chimney sweep

Dear [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you had a somewhat disappointing experience with our company... we really strive to give our customers the best experience possible. We are on time, friendly, knowledgeable, and honest.... even if that means we have to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately, it sounds as if this was the case with your chimney. I pulled your file and reviewed the notes and pictures from your job. Indeed you do have an older house, and your chimney genuinely does need extensive repairs..... and unfortunately, these repairs will be somewhat expensive..... older houses are often in a state of disrepair and sometimes need extensive work. On the flip side, there are many occasions where we sweep and inspect a chimney and we are delighted to tell the customer that few, if any repairs are needed. I would strongly disagree that you could say we are a "bait and switch" company! If that were the case, I suspect your fellow Angie's List members would let everyone know! One way or the other, we are always honest about the actual condition of your chimney, and for obvious legal and liability reasons, we are not at liberty to sugar coat anything... sometimes we may have to tell the customer something they don't necessarily want to hear, but an objective, honest inspection is what we are hired to do.... I suspect you would much rather find out your chimney is unsafe through a professional inspection and report rather than any other way, right? To make sure our customers feel comfortable, we always write a detailed hand written report, document the condition with the chimney with digital pictures, and then send a follow up email with the pictures and links further describing the repairs your chimney needs. Our office is always available via phone or email should you need further clarification in the event you can't read the technicians handwriting or don't understand something. Please feel free to call our office should you have any further questions. Hopefully someday when you are ready, we can get your chimney fixed so you can enjoy your fires worry free. Sincerely, Aaron Zambrana, Owner AtoZ Window Screens, Chimney Sweep & Dryer Vent Cleaning www.AtoZScreens.com www.AtozChimneys.com 916-408-2496 office

07/16/2015

Laurel S.

I was looking for a company who installed window screens and came across A to Z. After reading numerous reviews, I called them for an appt to get an estimate. Aaron arrived right within the time window they gave me (and even called me when he was on his way). I only wanted three windows screen originally. Aaron showed me color options and pros/cons for the various colors. He also made some design suggestions and suggested three additional windows (for continuity). None of it was high pressure... simply things to consider. I opted not to go with any additional designs, but I did take his suggestion and had two additional windows screened. There was a 4-6 week wait time for the screens to be built (the screens are custom built) but I didn't mind as I was going to be out of town for some of that time. I received a call from A to Z that my screens were ready after 4 weeks but I chose to have them installed two weeks later since I was going to be out-of-town. I received a reminder call 2 days prior to our appt, and Aaron called when he was on his way. The installation took about 30-40 minutes for five screens and after the installation, Aaron told me about the warranty and how to care for the screens. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend them for your solar window screen installation needs.

Description of Work
Installed solar screens on five windows.

Category replacement windows

04/08/2015

Dotti M.

Mick did a great job. He arrived at the scheduled time, was friendly and professional, cleaning up after the job was complete. The security doors look great. Will use A to Z again. Thanks

Description of Work
Installed two Viewguard security doors and a window screen.

Category chimney sweep,replacement windows,doors

01/15/2015

Patrice O.

From the first phone call I made to A to Z I was impressed with their professionalism, and in subsequent phone calls for the service call as well. I found A to Z in a google search trying to find locate someone competent who could fix my broken fireplace. Their website was so informational and thorough that I chose them to call the next day. The technician was out within 10 days. I was SO IMPRESSED with his degree of organization, neatness, efficiency and knowledge of his profession and my particular equipment. He laid out a big tarp in front of the fireplace to protect my new carpet, and kept all his tools and equipment on the tarp, none on my own floor. He explained everything he was doing, showed me how to clean and adjust the fireplace, and got it working better than ever! It was a pleasure to have such a knowledgeable and efficient person in my home to fix the fireplace. It's a very important part of our home, and I know it is now clean and working properly.

Description of Work
My gas fireplace had stopped working. Aaron came out and cleaneed the entire unit, then did troubleshooting to see what was wrong with it. I'm so happy!

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces,gas logs

01/12/2015

Steve M.

The technician arrived on time and was very thorough. He took great care to keep the house clean and vacuum the fireplace and surrounding areas after he was done. He put down protection tarps to walk on and move equipment.

Description of Work
Chimey Sweep and Dryer vent cleaning

A to Z Chimney Services

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2009

3440 Rockwell Ln Ste B

Lincoln, CA 95648

Chimney Sweeping & Cleaning, Chimney Safety Inspections, Chimney Repairs & Rebuilds, Chimney Leaks, Chimney Relining, Gas Hearth, Fireplace & Appliance.

Visa, MasterCard, Check