A to Z Chimney Services

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2009

3440 Rockwell Ln Ste B

Lincoln, CA 95648

A to Z Chimney Services is a small, family owned and operated specialty business. We pride ourselves in keeping you warm and safe in the winter.

01/22/2018

fran S.

Tim came to my house , was prompt and friendly. Check out my blower switch and blowers, thermostat and everything pertaining to my insert . He was very through and explained every thing to me as her went along. He was patient and treated me with respect and dignity and valued my input. Being a Senior , I wanted someone I could trust and I did with him. My problem was a loose wire connection. I would definitely used this company again and Tim

Description of Work
Repair a problem with my wood fireplace insert blower

Category fireplaces

01/22/2017

Mark T.

everything was good, tech was (Arron) but then needed follow up to measure flue and order spark arrestor, and install. I needed to provide custom path on lightweight cement tiles. when I got that done, measured chiminy flue, central admin called me back and said would get back t.o me. never did. that was a couple or three months ago. Proceeding on my own solution

Description of Work
Chiminey/gas log inspection and repair, bird proofing of flue top

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, gas logs

01/06/2016

Cheryl M.

Aaron was extremely professional, on time and very tolerant of all my questions and interruptions. He explained my options for the fireplace and provided high level pricing, even recommend some places I could get a new insert. I would definitely recommend them and will consider them for window screens come summer!

Description of Work
A to Z came by to give me a complimentary 2nd opinion on my wood burning insert. I bought a new house and didn't have the chimney inspection done before I closed- head smack! Although they weren't able to save my insert, which was installed incorrectly, they delivered the news in a way that made me fully understand my options.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

01/04/2016

Theodore W.

They were really good but their customer service was a little arduous. They did a great job and we were really happy with them.

Description of Work
They installed about 14 new window screens.

Category replacement windows

11/16/2015

Carol A.

y screen door is concerned, I have had no problems with it and would use the company again.The guys were great. Explained everything in detail. Door was installed in a quicker time frame tan originally planned. No problems. My only complaint was that I wrote the company awhile later. I have a relative in Napa, California who wanted a security screen door. I asked the company if they went to that area, or if they could recommend anyone. I never received a response. As far as m

Description of Work
Installed retractable screen door .

09/19/2015

Elene S.

However, this kind of gets back to what I didn't like about the roof guy and the HVAC guy. And maybe it is my bad luck that my house is in such poor condition. But they said that the chimney was unsafe to use and he made a very scrawled, handwritten description of what needed to be fixed in a very small area in their invoice, so that it was very unclear. I could hardly tell what it was because I wasn't familiar with the terminology they were using. That the cost repairs that they said it needed repaired was $2000-$3000. I remembered later on that they had sent an email with all the information and pictures and all that kind of stuff. I do believe I got a good Deal to do the inspection and cleaning but once again I think that it was a bait and switch. It seemed like if, they were out to tell people that their chimney needed thousands of dollars of work. My house is an older house and it very well could be that it needs it. I certainly don't doubt their knowledgeable about it but I am certainly not going to pay anybody to do that kind of work without getting at least a couple of more estimates. I've only used the chimney once since because they scared me so much. If they genuinely think that it is unsafe to use, I am going to believe them. I haven't done any other estimates partially because I am scared about what the cost is going to be but because I was just hoping for a cleanup and fix and they'll be on their way not scare me to death with a big huge replacement cost.

Description of Work
It was a Big deal. They did do the inspection and cleaning.

Category chimney sweep

Dear [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you had a somewhat disappointing experience with our company... we really strive to give our customers the best experience possible. We are on time, friendly, knowledgeable, and honest.... even if that means we have to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately, it sounds as if this was the case with your chimney. I pulled your file and reviewed the notes and pictures from your job. Indeed you do have an older house, and your chimney genuinely does need extensive repairs..... and unfortunately, these repairs will be somewhat expensive..... older houses are often in a state of disrepair and sometimes need extensive work. On the flip side, there are many occasions where we sweep and inspect a chimney and we are delighted to tell the customer that few, if any repairs are needed. I would strongly disagree that you could say we are a "bait and switch" company! If that were the case, I suspect your fellow Angie's List members would let everyone know! One way or the other, we are always honest about the actual condition of your chimney, and for obvious legal and liability reasons, we are not at liberty to sugar coat anything... sometimes we may have to tell the customer something they don't necessarily want to hear, but an objective, honest inspection is what we are hired to do.... I suspect you would much rather find out your chimney is unsafe through a professional inspection and report rather than any other way, right? To make sure our customers feel comfortable, we always write a detailed hand written report, document the condition with the chimney with digital pictures, and then send a follow up email with the pictures and links further describing the repairs your chimney needs. Our office is always available via phone or email should you need further clarification in the event you can't read the technicians handwriting or don't understand something. Please feel free to call our office should you have any further questions. Hopefully someday when you are ready, we can get your chimney fixed so you can enjoy your fires worry free. Sincerely, Aaron Zambrana, Owner AtoZ Window Screens, Chimney Sweep & Dryer Vent Cleaning www.AtoZScreens.com www.AtozChimneys.com 916-408-2496 office

07/16/2015

Laurel S.

I was looking for a company who installed window screens and came across A to Z. After reading numerous reviews, I called them for an appt to get an estimate. Aaron arrived right within the time window they gave me (and even called me when he was on his way). I only wanted three windows screen originally. Aaron showed me color options and pros/cons for the various colors. He also made some design suggestions and suggested three additional windows (for continuity). None of it was high pressure... simply things to consider. I opted not to go with any additional designs, but I did take his suggestion and had two additional windows screened. There was a 4-6 week wait time for the screens to be built (the screens are custom built) but I didn't mind as I was going to be out of town for some of that time. I received a call from A to Z that my screens were ready after 4 weeks but I chose to have them installed two weeks later since I was going to be out-of-town. I received a reminder call 2 days prior to our appt, and Aaron called when he was on his way. The installation took about 30-40 minutes for five screens and after the installation, Aaron told me about the warranty and how to care for the screens. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend them for your solar window screen installation needs.

Description of Work
Installed solar screens on five windows.

Category replacement windows

04/08/2015

Dotti M.

Mick did a great job. He arrived at the scheduled time, was friendly and professional, cleaning up after the job was complete. The security doors look great. Will use A to Z again. Thanks

Description of Work
Installed two Viewguard security doors and a window screen.

Category chimney sweep, replacement windows, doors

01/15/2015

Patrice O.

From the first phone call I made to A to Z I was impressed with their professionalism, and in subsequent phone calls for the service call as well. I found A to Z in a google search trying to find locate someone competent who could fix my broken fireplace. Their website was so informational and thorough that I chose them to call the next day. The technician was out within 10 days. I was SO IMPRESSED with his degree of organization, neatness, efficiency and knowledge of his profession and my particular equipment. He laid out a big tarp in front of the fireplace to protect my new carpet, and kept all his tools and equipment on the tarp, none on my own floor. He explained everything he was doing, showed me how to clean and adjust the fireplace, and got it working better than ever! It was a pleasure to have such a knowledgeable and efficient person in my home to fix the fireplace. It's a very important part of our home, and I know it is now clean and working properly.

Description of Work
My gas fireplace had stopped working. Aaron came out and cleaneed the entire unit, then did troubleshooting to see what was wrong with it. I'm so happy!

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

01/12/2015

Steve M.

The technician arrived on time and was very thorough. He took great care to keep the house clean and vacuum the fireplace and surrounding areas after he was done. He put down protection tarps to walk on and move equipment.

Description of Work
Chimey Sweep and Dryer vent cleaning

10/15/2014

Kayleigh T.

We wanted a security door and went to a big box store to find one. We fell in love with the Titan Security door product due to its high quality and aesthetic qualities. We ordered the door and it was perfect, but the installation from the big box store was a nightmare. They hacked up my door frame, hung the door incorrectly and made my main door inaccessible. I contacted A to Z after this ordeal was concluded and they were the opposite of the big box store. They were professional and experts in their field. They were able to field all of my questions and assure me how they perform the installation differently. We decided to give them a try and we learned that we should've found this company from the beginning. They are great craftsmen and highly skilled resulting in a perfect installation and no hidden fees/complications. The process went exactly how it was described. I have already referred this company to friends and family for other services. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Titan Security Door Installation

Category doors

07/19/2014

Fred Milstein & Anne Fox M.

A to Z installed some CrimSafe security doors. They look great and provide great protection. Leaving the door open to get a breeze is so easy and safe, we love our doors. They gave us great service and they were punctual and professional. Crim Safe doors are not cheap but they work very well and don't have that "ghetto" look.

Description of Work
Installed security doors.

07/14/2014

Frank D.

A to Z were extremely professional, informative, punctual, affordable and they went above and beyond. They were accommodating to special request I made. They do quality work and are extremely quite while working and they work fast. For a brief moment I forgot they were here and they didn't wake my sleeping infant.

Description of Work
Install 9 Sun Screens

Category security windows

05/06/2014

Judy L.

The service went fine. They did exactly what the deal had stated. They were prompt and courteous. They were great with the clean up afterwards. The scheduling was fine, as well.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a 114-Point Chimney Safety Inspection with Sweep & Cleaning!

04/25/2014

Veneta S.

It was good. They were courteous, kind and on time. There was a little bit of chimney soot that didn't get collected. It was on the floor a little bit.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for the services of A to Z Window Screens, Chimney Sweeping. It was for chimney inspection and cleaning.

04/21/2014

Joyce R.

They arrived on time, and were very thorough. Originally, they were scheduled to just clean the fireplace, but they offered me a deal on the dryer vent clean out. They let the house clean - not dust anywhere.

Description of Work
Cleaned out our chimney, and cleaned the dryer vent and duct to the outside

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

04/12/2014

Becky Y.

The big deal turned out fine, it was great. We did not pay anything more than the $119 of the big deal.

Description of Work
We had purchased a big deal for A To Z Window Screens & Chimney Sweep. They checked my chimney and cleaned it so that I could put in an insert.

04/08/2014

Mary R.

It worked out fine. The scheduling part was fine. They explained what was really urgent to do at that point and what could be deferred to another time.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for A To Z Window Screens & Chimney Sweep. They did a camera inspection of my chimney which was an older house. They put up a new cap on the chimney.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

03/27/2014

Steve S.

Initially requested to have my chimney inspected. Realized that the flue needed work and asked to have the service changed to a chimney cleaning. They did a great job on set up and clean up so there was minimal "mess" left for clean up.

Description of Work
The person that came out did the inspection and provided a couple of personal quick fixes as well as fixed the flue issue.

03/12/2014

Brian H.

Great timely and professional service by these guys!

Description of Work
Cleaned and fully inspected the chimney and performed repairs.

03/08/2014

Rochelle D.

A couple of years ago I acquired an older home. The home is nearly 50 years old and in need of repair. The chimney and fireplace had not been maintained/serviced for over 20 years. There was a lot of soot/creosote on the front of the fireplace. I called A to Z Chimney Sweeps. They came out and performed an inspection and cleaning. Their staff performed an inspection using a camera - I was able to see if there was any significant damage to the interior of the chimney. During the inspection their staff found the chimney did not have a "cap" - the lack of which was allowing rain to go down the chimney and possibly cause damage. The crown to the chimney was cracked and needed repairing. I inquired about the damper which was perfectly functional, but difficult and awkward for me to access. On the first visit the staff cleaned and inspected the fireplace and chimney. Applied a cap to the chimney and installed a heat reflector. On the second visit, the crown was repaired, the new damper was installed and the fireplace was painted with a "paint and peel" product" to remove the creosote from the front of the fireplace. I absolutely love the new damper?so easy to use. The best part of their service was the ?paint and peel? fireplace cleaner they applied to the front of the fireplace. After allowing the product to dry for 36 hours I peeled it off this morning and the fireplace looks amazing. The ?paint and peel? product removed about 90 to 95% of the creosote and soot from the front of the fireplace. It?s a stone fireplace and it looks amazing! So glad I did this as I am heading into a remodel next week and the paints I chose will no longer be flattering to the fireplace. I?m thrilled with A to Z Chimney Sweeps. The staff behaved in a professional manner. They were quick and efficient ?as quick as you can be given the nature of their service. Cleaned up after completing the job. They answered all my questions, never took offense to my never ending list of questions. Gave me all the costs for each aspect of the total service. I could say ?yay or nay? to any of it. These are the qualities I look for in any contractor or business I hire from Angie?s List and this is one of the few companies I have hired that met those challenges.

Description of Work
Performed inspection and repairs

02/24/2014

Harlan W.

My wife was home when they came for the service. Everything with the service went well.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $119 for 14-Point Chimney Safety Inspection with Sweep & Cleaning.

02/06/2014

Denis M.

I purchased an Angie's List Big Deal for this service and it turned out fine. I have not used them before and I have no recommendations for them. I have had no issues since the service was provided. I would imagine the price is in the ball park.

Description of Work
I used A to Z Windows Screens & Chimney Sweep to clean out my chimney.

02/04/2014

William D.

I made an appointment and they didn't show up. They claimed they never made an appointment. I rescheduled and they came out to clean and inspect the chimney. They were on time. I had to have them come back out to fix the chimney after they didn't install a part properly. They were friendly. They were nice and professional. They fixed the problem and didn't charge extra.

Description of Work
I purchased the Angie's Big Deal with A To Z Window Screens & Chimney Sweep for chimney inspection.

Category chimney repair

01/24/2014

Jeanne T.

It went great. I just can’t afford to go through with the extensive repairs so I haven’t used my fireplace since. I followed their advice. They were referred by Angie’s List. I really liked that they had sophisticated fiber-optic camera equipment that went down the chimney. Then they had a tablet so that they could show me on the spot what was wrong. My house was built in the 60’s and they explained to me that there was some defect in the composition of the chimney where there was a loft in the brick. Overtime it enhanced the danger to the chimney. The chimney should actually be partially rebuilt. They told me because of cracks and stuff like that it potentially would be a fire hazard. So I just didn’t use the fireplace anymore and I had pollution alerts in the area as well. If I have the resources to have the chimney fixed I could call them again because they seemed to be very knowledgeable. It was a big deal purchase. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from A to Z Window Screens & Chimney Sweep for 14 point chimney safety inspection with sweep and cleaning.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Master's Window & Gutter Cleaning, Inc

Master's Window & Gutter Cleaning is a professional window cleaning, gutter cleaning and pressure washing company in the greater sacramento area. We currently have 7 full-time Technicians and are a family owned and operated business. We usually do not use subcontractors. We are licensed through the city of Rancho Cordova with business license # 306050 and special business license # 306051. We offer 10% off for first time Angie's List members whose services total $199 or more. The manager of the company is the 2005 national banjo champion! Award winning. You can get an instant online quote by going to our website and clicking on clicking on "Instant Online Quote" at the top of the page .

2022 Super Service Award

Brothers Home Improvement Inc

Family Owned and Operated since 1994. Nine Brothers & Sisters Striving For Your Complete Satisfaction! Energy Efficient, Replacement Windows and Doors. No Subcontractors! No High-pressure Sales! Ranked Among The Top Nationwide by Qualified Remodelers! AAMA Certified and Members of the Better Business Bureau. Quality Craftsmanship. Lifetime Warranties. Financing Available. Additional phone numbers: - (916) 791-9170 (510) 498-5987, (925) 828-5789 & (650) 573-0256. Save $75 per window & $150 per door.

Hall's Window Center

Since 1976, Hall's Window Center has served over 50,000 extremely satisfied homeowners and commercial property owners, becoming the most trusted service company for windows and doors throughout the Sacramento area. The company’s team of expert designers, installers, and craftsmen has earned the stellar reputation for honesty, integrity and superior workmanship. Whether you’re a homeowner looking for replacement windows, an architect designing a unique custom home with specialty doors, or a contractor managing a commercial project, Hall’s is ready to make your vision a reality. We are the window & door company that you can trust. Call us today at (916) 669-1469 for your free in-home quote, or visit our showroom in Rancho Cordova, CA. Let our decades of knowledge and experience provide you with the very best the window industry has to offer.

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, Check

Chimney Sweeping & Cleaning, Chimney Safety Inspections, Chimney Repairs & Rebuilds, Chimney Leaks, Chimney Relining, Gas Hearth, Fireplace & Appliance.