AV Hawaiian Pool & Spa Supply

Founded 1981 • With Angi since July 2010

For the most convenient place to buy all the pool supplies you need all season long, come to A.V. Hawaiian. We offer the best selection in name brand pool products along with outstanding customer service. Our retail store takes pride in offering high-quality products with superior customer service. We go to great lengths to make sure we carry only the best and most reliable products on the market today. Our wide selection of popular name brands makes it easy to find your favorite products, and if you need help, one of our trained sales staff members will be glad to assist you with knowledgeable recommendations or suggestions....

04/10/2017

david L.

Slight delay in service due to heavy rains but the company kept in touch to let me know what was going on. I verbally gave company a list of the stuff I wanted done and they completed the list in 3 months. I never had to remind them, they reminded me as they did the work. I am a very happy customer.

Description of Work
Bad pump. They tried to fix it but they showed me it was bad. They then made appropriate recommendations on options with no pressure on any given decision.

02/26/2016

Guerren S.

Description of Work
My home warranty company sends A/V Hawaiian out when I need service on my pool/spa. I only had to pay a $65 deductible; I don't know how much the service actually cost, but they did a great job replacing the blower on my pool heater. | |In the past, they have replaced my pool pump and fixed my spa bubbler, and I have always been satisfied with their service.

09/09/2015

Mark H.

Description of Work
He works by reference from this company but works on his own called Pool Cover Works. |My pool cover derailed. He got it back on the track and realigned it so it was even, also after he was finished it was better aligned than when the original installers did it (Alan Jackson Pools)He also gave me really good instructions on how to keep it aligned and working well. He was just a few days late coming out ( I think he is just very busy)

04/29/2013

Randy M.

It went better than expected and I am always happy when my warranty company sends them out.

Description of Work
AV Hawaiian has been a service provider for several years with my home warranty. The service personal are professional and fix the issues that I have with my pool equipment. I have purchased additional services from them above and beyond what was covered in my warranty as I respect their opinion on work that I needed to get done. They even fixed a few recalls on my pool equipment which they didn't have to tell me about.

12/19/2012

Susan F.

I have had ongoing issues with my pool and these guys have gone beyond what is required to research and diagnose. I trust them.

Description of Work
Pool diagnostics and fixes for ongoing problems

07/06/2012

Paul R.

The serviceman came out for an inspection of a pool heater. The repairs were to be done under the conditions of a home warranty. After opening the heater it was clear that he did not really want to work on it. He made assumptions about the problem without running any real tests on the system. He indicated that he could get approval from the home warranty company and then get the parts and could come back in a few days. When I called back a few days later the office manager said that they could not work on the system because they had not gotten approval from the home warranty company. A-V Hawaiian never had the courtesy of notifying me of what was going on. However they were happy enough to take my inspection fee Update--I called Rocklin Pool Service out to inspect the pool heater. Their serviceman reset the system and cleared the error code. The problem was fixed in under 10 minutes.

Description of Work
Pool heater was inspected to determine why it was not working properly.

12/22/2011

Deborah V.

SO FAR: Rude service man, refused to work on pool pump, only voice mail at office for 1/2 a day, no call back, cancelled work order before any work done. I am in the process of dealing with AV Hawaiian Pools (AVHP) right now. My pool pump stopped working and I called my home warranty company. The guy from AVHP came out and refused to work on my pump because there was a fence around the equipment. He said it and quot;code requires 3 feet in front of all pool equipment.and quot; Maybe, but I can't find any such code. I called my home warranty co. They said move the fence and call AVHP to schedule another appt. I moved the fence and called AVHP. Only got a phone machine from 1 pm to 5 pm. No call back. I called the next day (today) and AVHP said the service order was cancelled and that they had an authorization code to cancel from the warranty co. Now have a call in to warranty co, while waiting for AVHP to contact the warranty co. and call me back. I will post when and if this is resolved.

Description of Work
Diagnose & repair pool pump, which stopped working. No service performed so far.

05/06/2011

Jeffrey C.

We have a home warranty protection plan so we usually just pay a service charge. They do excellent work and I've been using them for about 5 or 6 year.

Description of Work
They service our pool.

12/04/2010

Mark M.

The worst. Repairman showed up for estimate, through home insurance company. Provide an estimate, but never scheduled work. Dragged on for months, many calls going unreturned. I finally gave up, and called the insurance to file a complaint and get someone else to do the work. They reported that this company had claimed to have completed the work. Filter still hasnt been replaced, and the insurance company is saying that I'll have to pay for another company to come out.

Description of Work
Supposed to replace pool filter

02/27/2007

STEVEN U.

I was told by A-V Hawaiian that my pool/spa heater was not up to code because there was no drip line, and one would have to be installed before they would fix the heater. They also said a drip line is required for water heaters. I had a PGand E serviceman come over to do a safety inspection, and he said there is no such code requirement.

Description of Work
Checked pool/spa heater because it wasn't working correctly.

Remodeling General, Pool & Spa Maintenance & Repair