Mr Fixologist Handyman and Plumbing Services

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2013

Bellflower Blvd

Lakewood, CA 90713

Michael's Handyman Services has over 30 years experience in home remodeling and home repair, (12yrs building houses, 15yrs kitchen/Bathroom remodeling and 3 years working for the "Rooter" plumbing companies).To ensure professional services, I do all the work myself.

05/17/2022

Lupe W.

I really like him, he did everything now. I already referred him to others.

Description of Work
He did my kitchen renovation, painting, he also put in new floors and doors.

08/28/2019

Kristy S.

Perfect. Mike was honest, fair and helpful! I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Plumbing, caulking, flooring, light fixtures

09/26/2018

Andy B.

Great. Mike was on time and got the job completed quicl=kly.

Description of Work
Replaced whirlybird on garage.

09/16/2018

Lorie P.

It went great! The wall Michael made for the A/C unit and hot water heater definitely surpassed my expectations. Before, there was just a plastic lattice covering it, which was deteriorating and allowed no access to the unit for maintenance or repair. We now have a beautiful wall protecting both and a door to access each, if anything should go wrong. The paint color matches the stucco on the house. Michael's care with every aspect of the job and competitive pricing, as well as his professionalism, made him wonderful to work with. We feel very lucky and are very grateful for his work. We'd hire him again in a minute and already are planning another project we hope he will take on.

Description of Work
We needed a wood wall created to protect our A/C unit and hot water unit, as well as some handyman work around the house.

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking, house painters

10/06/2017

Rhonda O.

Michael is, by far, the most efficient and professional handyman I've hired in the last 10YRS... TRYING TO FIND A GOOD HANDYMAN HAS BEEN VERY DIFFICULT. he was on time, did the job quickly, was clean, and very responsive. I will definitely hire him again in the future.

Description of Work
New faucet and light fixture replacement.

10/04/2017

Mark B.

He quoted me very quickly. Scheduled a time, showed up on time, and the work looks fantastic.

Description of Work
I have a house built in the 90s that had a built in media cabinet for old TVs. Michael framed it and filled it in so that I could mount a flatscreen TV.

Category drywall

08/17/2017

Jeffrey S.

It went well with prompt, timely and effective service.

Description of Work
Bathroom exhaust fan repaired by replacing the motor.

07/08/2017

Mary E.

Very well. I hired Michael because he was the only person that actually went into my attic to determine best position for laddder and any issues that may surface. He was also very aware of safety after installation and made sure that the flooring was more than adequate. Michael had to re-position an air duct. Best of all, he liked my dogs (large ones). The attic will be used for storage only - holiday decorations, etc.

Description of Work
Attic ladder installation and flooring for storage. Also finishing boards around ladder access.

Category handyman service, woodworking

04/08/2017

Jennifer J.

His work was superb. He accomplished all the tasks in a timely way and even added a couple of additional small repairs at no cost. He was terrific to work with: quiet, professional, friendly. I will call upon him for future work and I recommend him highly to others.

Description of Work
I had had two adjacent garages seismically retrofitted because of a "soft second story" above them. A considerable amount of damage to ceilings all around (needed to fill with drywall), siding (replace much of the clapboard and then paint), fence and gate falling down, and areas around the garage doors needed to be repaired (replace plate on top below header, replace jambs on sides, and so on). Michael walked through taking measurements and making notes, told me exactly what he would be doing and how it would proceed, then gave me an estimate.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, doors

02/22/2017

Alicia G.

After working with Michael on these major projects, we have designated him our permanent family handy man. We will not call anyone else from this point forward. If that doesn't express how qualified and professional he is, I don't know what else will. Nevertheless, for those that need more, Michael is punctual, efficient, and very honest. He is very meticulous, neat, and detail oriented. He takes pride in his work and makes sure it is done correctly the first time. His prices are reasonable and his time lines are on point. He simply is a must have contact if you own property.

Description of Work
Drywall & Texture 6 holes, Paint Master & Guest Bathrooms, Tile, grout & seal both bathroom floors, install 2 vanities in bathrooms, install baseboards in both bathrooms. Install new toilet in one bathroom, replace shower head, arm & faucet plates in both bathrooms, seal ceiling fan.

02/22/2017

Alicia G.

Exceeded our expectations. We have nice clean garage floor.

Description of Work
Epoxy Garage Floor

01/11/2017

Marvin M.

Michael came and did the two projects mentioned above. He was professional and did good quality work. I would use him again.

Description of Work
I had two holes in indoor drywall patched and a shower curtain installed.

11/08/2016

Janice L.

I cannot say enough about how satisfied I am with the service I received!!!! I am thrilled that I was able to have all work done by 1 company without needing to bring in different specialists. He was punctual and professional and gave me economical options and solutions for the various work needed on my rental property. They are a one stop shop - Fence repair, masonry and step repair, electrical work, roofing, and fixture installation. I am already hiring them again for another job!

Description of Work

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, ceiling fans, doors

10/14/2016

Sara S.

Horrible, he yelled, cursed and left the place splashing all our stuff without any reasonable justification. He had no temper.

Description of Work
I don't know how he has got an A review. He was the worst person I have ever worked with. He had no temper and ended up yelling, cursing and leaving the place because I did not have an extra pair of keys to give him. Even though painters were in the apartment and he had no problem getting in and out.

06/30/2016

Cheryl D.

Michael was great! Showed up as expected both to estimate and carry out repairs. Was very responsive by text when I needed to communicate. He ran into a challenge with my 1922 house -- valve sizes were different in those days -- but he solved it at a reasonable price. Then he did some minor adjustments to bathroom faucets without charging me! I will use him again. I already sought his excellent advice on a few other problems, so he will be back.

Description of Work
I needed some garage repairs and a new faucet installed in my kitchen.

06/11/2016

Kathy D.

Having used Michael many times before, when my Mom's water heater was on it's last legs, we called him again. Yesterday Michael brought over the new Rheem water heater and installed it. The temperature valve was defective so he spent at least 40 minutes on the phone with Rheem. Rheem finally found a plumbing company in the area that could bring over and install the replacement. Mike finally got the valve working, but Rheem still wanted it replaced. Mike cleaned everything up, left, and my Mom took a hot shower last night. This morning at 7am I got a call from Normco Plumbing to say they'd be at Mom's between 11 and 3pm. Robert showed up at 2:50, replaced the valve, cleaned up and left. I left, also. An hour later Mom calls to say she's got no hot water in any of her taps. Apparently Robert forgot to turn 'something' back on. I called him and left a message on his answering machine. I called Normco Plumbing and left a message on their answering machine. Then I bit the bullet and called Michael. One hour later, late on a Friday afternoon in SoCal, Mike had shown up, fixed the problem, checked out everything in the house and gone his way. My Mom is 93 and lives alone. To know that Michael cares enough to handle a problem that he didn't create is so wonderful. So few people in the service industry have integrity and/or empathy. My family will continue to hire Michael whenever needed. I've given his name and number to friends and neighbors. Mr Fixologist is my hero.

Description of Work
Brought over and installed a water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

05/15/2016

Ishwar B.

He came on time, with his equipment and friend to help. The original window was not installed correctly but Mike put in support and shims to creatively correct the situation. He was open to suggestions and thorough.

Description of Work
Fix large vinyl windows that were sagging in the middle. Install door locks.

04/16/2016

Christine W.

Mike is great and he really knows his stuff. He knew the maximum and minimum dimensions for installing the new pet door for the dog's access and the installation was completed without incident. He professionally sealed off the areas around the closet when he scraped the ceiling to keep the dust and debris from getting on clothes, towels, etc. He cleaned up everything when he was done. After replacing the vinyl on the fence that had been knocked out of place, he secured it with screws to hold it and did the same for the bottom. The biggest challenge, however, was installing the pump in the bathroom under the sink. Space is restricted and I knew the electrical was going to be the first challenge. When he looked at it, he quickly came to an elegant solution for tying into an existing circuit with a minimum of fuss. He installed a GFCI and replaced the hoses under the sink along with the pump, set the timer and voila! Hot water to the shower without having to wait 5 minutes for the hot water to reach the bathroom. Mike is knowledgeable, professional and thorough. I would definitely recommend his services and use him again in the future.

Description of Work
We had four projects. 1. Install a larger dog door to accommodate our new acquisition. 2.) Scrape the ceiling where some closet doors that had been removed left some acoustic residue. 3. Repair a piece of vinyl fence that had been knocked out of place. 4. Install a recirculating pump under the sink in the bathroom to have hot water on demand.

Category handyman service, plumbing, water heater repair

03/17/2016

Marcine S.

He took notes while we were walking around the house. He asked for my email, and said he would send me the pricing and quotes and the information. He also had my cell phone number and I had his, so I text him my email address just in case he couldn't read my handwriting. It's almost been two weeks and I still haven't heard back from him. Initially, he responded right away, so I would have given him a A, but now I've given him a C. I would not use him again. My trust has been compromised .

Description of Work
We walked around the house and I showed him what I wanted done. He was going to tile my shower, remove or repair my vanity, change the mirrors in bathrooms, change the shower head, re caulking the bathtub, and changing the fixtures in wall.

02/17/2016

Barbara C.

Mike came out and gave me an estimate and a start date. He was always reachable via email or cell phone. An emergency popped up and he was quick to let me know that he would need to start a day later than anticipated. He had the job completed in the time he said it would take (two days) and that's even after I threw in a couple of things, like painting a room and two exterior doors. There was a problem with the deadbolt lining up once it was re-installed after the painting, and of course, we found it 15 minutes after he left. BUT - he turned around and came back and resolved the problem. Everything looks great!

Description of Work
What didn't he do? He installed a light and then patched the wall and painted the room, he painted two exterior doors, he installed a utility sink that had weird plumbing to work with, he installed an exterior light, and checked some electrical issues in the house.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, interior painters, doors

01/18/2016

Angela B.

Mike is awesome. I called with a leak emergency on a Sunday night, and he was the ONLY plumber who walked me through my issue and stayed on the phone with me until I got the water turned off at the main valve and had flushed the water to stop the leak from progressing. He came by first thing this morning and fixed the leak, installed new compression valves, sink and faucet. He also did us a favor and looked at our upstairs toilet install and fixed our "don't know what we are doing effort". We are beyond happy.

Description of Work
Resolved a leak, installed compression valves, new water lines, sink and faucet. Also fixed a shaky toilet.

01/16/2016

Jonathan L.

Michael is great to work with; professional, friendly, and honest. Michael responded right away to my request and offered to stop by and assess the work. We scheduled the job a week later, and he completed everything very efficiently. Quality work! Looking forward to working with him again.

Description of Work
Acid wash and grout shower, replace shower faucet, drywall repair, baseboard replacement.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

01/09/2016

David V.

Mike was always punctual in returning phone calls or text. Very professional in that regard. He showed up on time for every appointment. He had to come back to re-caulk due to some challenges with the first product used. He did not complain about it and came back to get it right. I was disappointed that he took on a project he didn't have the skills for and this was never communicated. Now I've paid for a repair that didn't result in a fix. I also found his pricing to be a bit high for the work. I paid it as I needed it done but wish I would have had time to get another quote.

Description of Work
Bath and shower caulking; built and installed new mail box post, replace toilet components; attempted to fix a light fixture.

12/21/2015

ANTHONY S.

Prior to finding Michael, I had very bad luck with handymen. Either they wouldn't show up, or they'd be late and charge too much. Michael exceeded my expectations. He arrived on time, did quality, professional work, and charged me exactly what we had discussed prior to his visit. He had to go to Lowe's to get extra parts during the project and did it with no problem whatsoever. If you need a handyman who is professional, prompt, and does quality work, I would DEFINITELY recommend Michael.

Description of Work
Michael changed out four old sink faucets and handles.

11/14/2015

Jim K.

Mike is a top-notch, no nonsense, let's get the job done the RIGHT way type of handyman /plumber . He proficiently installed both a new kitchen faucet and toilet quickly and with no issues. He returns calls quickly, showed up on time and even picked up the toilet at the local Home Depot (he volunteered to do this for us). Will definitely be the first person we call the next time we need something done around the house. Totally recommend!

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen faucet and new toilet in guest bath

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

American Services

American Services is a full service general contractor including new builds, renovations,kitchen,and and both makeovers for resedential and commercial projects. We pride ourselves with our professional, timely and quality service.

Lucky Sully Chimney and Duct Cleaning

TheOur family owned company stresses customer satisfaction. Michel Sullivan is a certified chimney sweep through the National Chimney Sweep Guild,(www.ncsg.org/) and Dan Sjostrom is certified thhrough the National Fireplace Institute (http://nficertified.org/pages_consumers/consumers-1.html) These keep us up to date on industry standards for all woodburning and gas fireplaces. We also carry above industry standards of insurance, bonds, and workmans's compensation. This means if we fall off your roof, we are liable and not you.

House Painting Inc

Additional Phones - (800) 540-6004, (818) 957-1202, (626) 350-1578, (310) 477-9667, (818) 888-1857, (310) 540-5005, (323) 730-0544. Award wining. 10 employees. Over 730 happy reviews from Angie's List members. Please visit our website at www.housepaintinginc.com

Plumbing..All repairs and installs,water heaters,toilets,garbage disposals,dish washers, Valves. Remodeling..Kitchen,Baths,Carpentry,Cabinets, Tile, Drywall, Painting, Flooring, TV mounting, Prompt and Professional Service free estimates All work Guaranteed.

N/A