Christian Brothers Cleaning & Restoration

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2005

10176 Riverford Road

Lakeside, CA 92040

Super Service Award Winner five years running. Family owned and operated for over 35 years. Cost is determined by the type of job. Ask about Angie's List discount for cleaning services....

06/06/2018

David S.

Excellent work, timing, and professionalism all the way through.

Description of Work
Water damage repairs

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration

09/20/2017

Sherry T.

They were quick, they were quicker than what they told me it would be, I think they told it would be a week and they had it done in 2 days.

Description of Work
Had my area rugs cleaned.

01/19/2017

laurel E.

Another case of exploiting an older woman living alone. My 89 year-old mother set up cleaning for 3 average sized rooms. She did not move the furniture and had them just skim around, so even less than average floor space. Unfortunately she didn't negotiate a price and afterwards they charged her $440. Her caretaker talked them down to $400. When I spoke to them they said "Well it took 2 men 2 hours" and explained what a thorough job they did. The carpet was crispy, and all the dark high traffic areas we wanted cleaned were visible again once it all dried and the pile was walked on.

Description of Work
3 rooms cleaned.

10/06/2016

Mary G.

Martin was courteous, provided explanations about fibers, dyeing processes, apparent "rug shading" due to the pile and worked hard to thoroughly clean all the items. He noted there appeared to be a lot of dust on the upholstery, which I confirmed was due to construction. Martin exceeded my expectations for service, quality and fairness of price. Christian Brothers has a customer for life!

Description of Work
I called Christian Brothers Cleaning and Restoration to clean my sofa, love seat, overstuffed upholstered chair and ottoman, an upholstered office chair, two upholstered side chairs and two 5x8 area rugs, one of them wool. Martin arrived promptly for the appointment, inspected the pieces to be cleaned and quoted a price that was fair. During the inspection process, he inquired about the rug stains, fiber content of the furniture and explained what could be expected in the cleaning process, based upon his 19 years of experience.

11/23/2015

Dennis H.

May 16, 2015 We had a store flooded during a severe storm. We called the recommended flood remediation company (Christian Brothers Cleaning & Restoration). They responded in a timely fashion and did a good job of removing water from the store floor, setting up dehumidifiers, and spraying mold killer on the walls. That was the good. The bad is that when I questioned the $3,000 cost for a few hours work, the estimator told me he wasn't charging for his time. He tried to make it out that not being charged for his time was saving me money. I just don't think estimators in general charge for their time when they do no work. In addition, he tried to get me to poke holes in the wall and measure for moisture, and was pushing additional work; I'm an engineer and I pretty accurately measured the removed water to be no where near the water they claimed to have removed. I do not trust this company and I will not use them again. However, they did a good job doing what they did, and one has to pay premium dollar when there's urgent flood remediation to do. Let the buyer beware. Dec 16, 2015 The above review was written by me and posted to Angie's List in May of 2015. For some reason, Angie's list re-posted the review on Nov 23, 2015. One of the Christian Brother's owners called me on Dec 16, 2015 and wanted to discuss why I was dissatisfied and what they might do better next time. He explained to me that during storms he will sometimes get a hundred calls a day asking for free estimates and that they therefore will charge for estimates and incorporate that cost into the job if work is performed. Therefore, my original assumption of free estimates was mistaken. This greatly changes my review because this company did good work and I was mainly dissatisfied with the salesperson. Thus, I have raised the "Overall" rating to B from D, and the "Professionalism" to C from F. I will call this company again if I need flood restoration work performed.

Description of Work
Flood remediation

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration, mold removal

07/29/2015

MARY U.

It went quite well. Tech was prompt and professional. Explained all the steps, why he was using certain solutions and took special care of furniture. I have multiple animals and one of the carpets had really been ill-used by them over the years. Bottom line, I was quite pleased with results.

Description of Work
Shampooed living room and master bed room carpet

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you for the review! It's always good to have feedback from our customers & we appreciate knowing that our technicians are doing a great job. Thank you so much for having us out & we look forward to working with you again!

04/14/2015

DONALD D.

The service was absolutely fabulous. They were on time and meticulous. They cleaned up thoroughly after all the service. They were courteous of my concerns and requests. Overall they were excellent. I've used them in the past and will in the future. They do things that no other company will do and for that they are the best in the area.

Description of Work
The company resealed all the counter tops, re-grouted and resealed all the tile in the un-carpeted areas. They also cleaned all the tiles and floors.

Category ceramic tile, floor cleaning

Thank you so much for the review! It's our pleasure to serve you and we're grateful that you continue to use our services. We look foward to working with you again in the future

02/22/2015

Pedro G.

Martin Had loads of experience and was very thorough in estimate, cleaning, instructions for aftercare and even answered the myriad of question my wife and I had. This is definitely quality service and work!

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet for my entire house except kitchen and dining room as those rooms had tile. However, after experiencing this service I would definitely use them for my tile when it's needed.

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so glad to hear that you received such a thorough experience from us and that our technician was able to answer your questions for you. It is our pleasure to provide our services for you and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

11/04/2014

Kristen E.

Very good results. Will use their services again. You can have your carpets cleaned for less but you won't get the quality of service and results that you will with Christian Brothers.

Description of Work
Cleaned three bedrooms, hallway, family room and 2 large area rugs. You can have your carpets cleaned for less but you won't get the quality of service and results that you will with Christian Brothers.

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Thank you for the review! We always appreciate feedback on the jobs that we do. It was our pleasure to show you our work and we look forward to working with you again!

11/04/2014

karen H.

These guys are the best in San Diego! Professional, excellent work and reputable. A little pricy but worth it.

Description of Work
Carpet Cleaning

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the feedback and kinds words for our company and the work that we do. We did some carpet cleaning & spot cleaning here and the total for this job after the Angie's List discount was $293. Our goal is always to Wow Every Client Every Time - we appreciate the opportunity to show you our work and look forward to working with you again in the future!

10/30/2014

Jan F.

Christian Brothers has been cleaning my carpet, and my family's carpets, rental properties, and work carpets for over 15 years and they always do a great job. They are friendly, always on time, and their work is impeccable!

Description of Work
Moved, then replaced all the furniture and cleaned the carpets in the living room, stairs, master bedroom

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you for the review! We have appreciated your repeat business over the years. We also cleaned some area rugs and furniture with this job, bringing the total to $496.75, with protector applied to all the carpet and the area rugs. Our goal is to Wow every client every time and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

09/23/2014

Michael M.

Fantastic job. Took him several hours. Our carpet never got a musty smell as it dried, contrary to other carpet services we have had.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in entire house

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that the cleaning turned out great and that you received better results through our company. It is our mission to Wow Every Client EveryTime. We appreciate the feedback and look foward to working with you in the future

08/28/2014

Dennis E.

Everything went well. Work was done on two separate day. The gentlemen doing the work were on time and explained everything prior to starting. I was very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Cleaned 2 Recliners and carpeting in home.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

Thank you for the review! We are pleased to hear that we were able to work with your schedule that you were happy with the service you received. It was our pleasure to work for you and we looking forward to working with you again in the future!

07/29/2014

Karen W.

Tim responded to our request for a bid in a timely manner. He showed up on time and told us in detail what the cleaning process was and what we could expect when finished. He did not pressure us and was very helpful with all the questions asked. We had not thought to spend that much money for carpet and tile cleaning, but when the process was explained we decided the results would be worth the cost. We were delighted with the work. The carpet was clean and fresh smelling and I didn't recognize my kitchen floor it was so clean. I had tried to clean the tile on my hands and knees with bleach and a scrub brush to get the embedded dirt out of the grout and tile and it didn't look much better than when I started. They used a hot steamy water solution and all the dirt was gone. When Tim and his partner were finished he told me call if there were any problems at all and they would come back and make it right. There was also a follow up call to make sure we were happy with the job. A few days after that two brownies arrived at our door as a thanks for our business. We would not hesitate to hire them again would feel confident in recommending them to anyone needing their services.

Description of Work
Cleaned downstairs carpet and kitchen floor.

Category carpet cleaners, floor cleaning

Thank you so much for the kind and informative review! It is a pleasure to hear that we kept you informed & included you in the process so that you were aware of every detail. We are grateful for the opportunity to show you our work and look forward to working with you again in the future!

06/28/2014

James L.

I knew that Christian Brothers would be more expensive than other carpet cleaning companies but after reading the reviews on Angie's list and being referred from others, I knew it would be worth it. There were two major concerns with carpet cleaning. One was we didn't want "crunchy" carpet when it dried. We've had them cleaned before where the carpet felt stiff when we walked on it and it took a number of days of walking on it before it softened up. We also wanted the work to be detailed - we've had carpet cleaners go too quickly and not get close to the walls or not want to move furniture to make it go faster. Martin, the technician, showed up a few minutes ahead of schedule. He worked first to stretch the carpet in the hallway. He was very meticulous. After that, he cleaned the carpet. With the exception of a few heavy furniture items, he moved virtually all the furniture and cleaned underneath. After he was done, he had me inspect the carpet for spots. I saw one in the hall that he was able to take out. The rest of the carpet was clean and done well. Martin was here almost 6 hours. He was never rushed and never seemed like he was on a time schedule. He made sure I was happy when he left. I would use Christian Brothers again. It's worth the additional cost to have it done thoroughly and without the "crunchy" carpet feel that we've had in the past.

Description of Work
Cleaned and stretched carpet

Category carpet cleaners

We are so glad to hear that we were able to address your concerns! Our mission is to Wow Every Client, Every Time. Thank you for allowing us to show you our work and thank you for the review! We look forwrd to working with you again in the future

06/16/2014

Janis O.

Arrived on time, was courteous and worked hard.

Description of Work
Cleaned a couch, recliner, and 2 area rugs.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, oriental rug cleaning

It was our pleasure to come work for you. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to working with you in the future!

06/04/2014

Michael L.

Originally wanted almost $200, but when I choked on that, they came down to about $150. While very professional, they were extremely high-priced. By comparison, I have had this small area cleaned almost as well for $45 by another carpet cleaning company.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning in a 1 BR apt.

Category carpet cleaners

When we checked back with you, you said you were impressed with the work, but probably would not use us again because of the price. The total price of the job was actually $248.25. We understand that we are a higher end carpet cleaner and that means that we stand by our work and guarantee it. We will come back, at no charge to you, to make things right if you are not completely satisfied with the work that we do. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the price, but we do thank you for the opportunity to show you our work and thank you for the feedback.

05/28/2014

JOHN G.

We have dealt with them extensively, they are fabulous. They have always been very wonderful, and we have used them for at least 3 years. They are good to deal with, and they are honest. I haven't had any major work for them to do recently. They are not inexpensive, but sometimes we rather pay them the extra money and have them do the job, rather than some fly by night organization that is cheap. I wouldn't say that they were over expensive at all. They are not the very cheapest, but they are very reasonable, they are very reliable, and they do a good job. If you have to ask them to come back, they will come back and do it. I have never had a problem with scheduling. If I say come tomorrow, they may not be able to do that. They come timely, they do the work very well, and they always clean up after themselves. They are very timely, and I don't have to wait around. I use only them because I have had other people, and I have been more pleased with them, then anybody else that I have had. They are personable.

Description of Work
I used Christian Brothers Cleaning & Restoration. They have cleaned the carpets and everything that I have ever needed done.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, oriental rug cleaning

Thank you so much for the kind review! It has been pleasure to serve you and continue to provide you with quality work. It is our mission to wow every client, every time, which means that every time we come to your home, we want you to love our work! It truly is a pleasure to continue to provide our services for you, and we thank you for the feedback!

05/05/2014

Claudia F.

They were great. They were the best i have ever had as a matter of fact. They got the carpet really clean and they didn't leave it wrecked.

Description of Work
I used Christian Brothers Cleaning & Restoration for carpet cleaning.

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you for your review! It sounds like we achieved our mission - "To WOW Every Client Every Time!" Thank you so much for having us come clean your carpet. It was our pleasure and we look forward to working with you again!

04/22/2014

JERI S.

on time, professional, respectful of my home, excellent results

Description of Work
cleaned all carpets

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you so much for the feedback - it truly is our mission to Wow Every Client Every Time. We are so grateful that you allowed us to come out and show you our work!

04/11/2014

Matthew C.

Best carpet cleaning service I've ever used. Prompt, professional, top-notch equipment.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you for the kind words and for allowing us to come out and show you what we can do. It is our pleasure to continue to serve you and provide the best service for your cleaning needs.

03/24/2014

MARCO R.

Very easy to do business with. They go out of their way to ensure you are satisfied.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in couple rooms. Did high quality job

Category carpet cleaners

It is our mission to Wow Every Client, Every Time - we want to make sure that not only are you satisfied, but that we exceed your expectations. Thank you for allowing us to come out and show you the work that we do. We appreciate the feedback!

03/02/2014

Michael F.

I purchased a Pottery Barn floor model sofa upholstered in a linen/cotton blend that had some black marks on it. After a couple attempts to remove the marks with a mild soap solution (manufacturers recommended spot treatment) and little success, I called Christian Brothers. They promptly sent someone out to clean it, but because there wasn't a label on the sofa listing the percentages of all fibers in the product, he didn't feel comfortable cleaning it. Shortly after his visit, Christian Brothers contacted us to further explain why the cleaning wasn't done, and then offered to send out the manager so he could examine the material. Thankfully, before his arrival I was able to find the linen/cotton percentages (fibers) in the PB catalog, which enabled the manager to use the proper solution to clean it. The marks were removed and it looks beautiful. Christian Brothers were not only prompt in returning phone calls and follow-up, but they were very polite, and professional. And they were honest! I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
cleaned my sofa

Category upholstery cleaning

Thank you so much for the feedback! We take pride in caring for your fabrics and want to ensure that we clean your furniture properly. Thank you for allowing us to come back out to inspect and clean your sofa for you! It was our pleasure to ensure that you as our customer were taken care of and that we were able to do all that we could to make your sofa look new!

02/02/2014

Jean P.

Everything came out beautifully. We are very pleased with this company and have used them for at least 10 years.

Description of Work
They came and cleaned the sofas in our living room. Then did all of our outdoor furniture cushions which are very large and covered in the sunbrella fabric. Then I believe they did the interior stairs.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

It truly was our pleasure to clean your furniture! Having been in the business for over 30 years, we have seen and cleaned all types of upholstery materials. We are so glad to hear that everything came out great and we are grateful for your repeat business! Thank you for choosing Christian Brothers - we look forward to working with you again in the future!

01/23/2014

James D.

They wanted to charge me $600 when I had the carpets cleaned for less than $200 six months ago!

Description of Work
RIP OFF!!

Category carpet cleaners

we appreciate the oppurtunity to have us come out and give you an ESTIMATE. I realize that you can have 1,300 square feet of carpet cleaned for $200. However, most often what you get is an un educated, un professional and most of the time a un sastifactory job. We are a premier company and with that comes a higher cost. I wish you would have given us a chance to do the work as you would have been able to see our 12 step cleaning process and been blown away by the results. - Gabe Matthews, President of Christian Brothers Cleaning & Restoration

Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air

Need a licensed and efficient plumbing, drain, heating or air conditioning professional? San Diegans have trusted their homes to us for over 40 years! We have the experience, training and tools to expertly detect and fix leaks, clear drains, repair sewer lines, and to repair, service and install all brands of heating and AC systems. We stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and "Nobody wows clients like we do!" Before you decide who gets your business, there are a few more things you should know about us: - We are Licensed and Insured - We are a woman-owned, family business. We take pride in our policies and procedures that ensure you get the extra care your family deserves. - We want you to be safe in your home. We conduct some of the strictest background checks in our industry. We even do a personality profile test on every employee... making sure we have the right person for the job. - We offer the strongest guarantees in the industry ... always in writing! - We believe in paying it forward. We support a number of local non-profits such as Susan G. Komen - San Diego, the USO, Girl Scouts and many more. How can we make you smile today?

Offers by Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air on Angi
    Crawl Space and Attic Pro

We use the best materials, and equipment for insulation, HVAC, air purification and indoor air quality. We are committed to providing the best customer service and achieving the best possible results. As a one stop solution source we offer the full gamut of professional services: Air purification systems, Attic and crawl space cleaning, rodent proofing, sanitation, insulation removal, insulation replacement and installation, air duct repair/replacement/re-routing, and furnace cleaning. We also offer a full range of HVAC and energy savings services and are CDC compliant. Our company has served the greater San Diego area for years using only the best trained and experienced technicians. We are committed to safer and healthier work/living environment and customer satisfaction. Click this link to learn about the importance of air purification systems https://www.iwaveair.com

Offers by Crawl Space and Attic Pro on Angi

Cleaning Services: Carpet, Area Rug, Tile & Grout, Natural Stone, Upholstery Emergency Building Services: Water Damage Dry-Out/Mitigation, Fire & Smoke Restoration, Mold Remediation, Repairs/Reconstruction

ask for details