Newland Landscape Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2013

26092 Talega Avenue

Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Newland Landscape was founded on the goal that being proactive and providing outstanding customer service. We've been creating unique outdoor experiences for clients across Southern Orange County California. Quality, beauty, and functionality are at the core of our work. That’s exactly what we've been doing since 2005. Today, we’re the fastest growing landscape company with over 400 customers and counting. We follow sound horticultural and sustainable practices to improve the value and aesthetics of your property…and the environment. We treat you as a partner and a client, engaging in constant and consistent communication. Our qualified licensed landscape architects are part of the California Landscape Contractors Association, Contractors State License Board, American Society of Concrete Contractors, and Certified Irrigation Contractors. Newland Landscape is a member of Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute, and So Cal Water Smart....

05/16/2020

Michael P.

The estimate process has been good with them and the estimate itself detailed. They have been both professional and responsive.

Category awnings

05/19/2018

Joey Z.

Unbelievable!! Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful of our time! Called to set up an appointment for the initial consultation. Roland showed up a little late after we called to confirm if he was still going to show up. The consultation went well and we received the project estimate that evening. Estimate was signed and we had scheduled for the signing of the contract, for the same week. On the day the contract was to be signed (Tuesday) and the initial deposit to be paid, we waited, texted and called Roland because he didn't show up as scheduled. An hour later he text messaged us to say he forgot to schedule us on his calendar. Sure, mistakes happen. We gave him another chance and made an appointment with him to come out on Friday, the same week he missed the first appointment. Here we are on Friday, and no Roland. Not a call. Not even a text message. At least have the decency and courtesy to let us know he didn't want to take on our landscaping project, which is not a small job. Had we not read the positive reviews left for Newland Landscape, we would have dismissed him after the first no show and NOT given him a second chance. He was disrespectful of our time especially since had to take time off work. Luckily, we hadn't paid him the deposit and only lost the time we had invested. Newland Landscape = FAIL!! We can only conclude that we became his backup project which he could just easily drop when he gets a bit busy. Think twice whether you want to put yourself in such position when you are reading the other seemly nice reviews here!

Description of Work
hardscape, synthetic turf landscaping

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,landscaping,mulch,hardscaping,stamped concrete

11/28/2017

Douglas R.

I was very glad to have found Roland and his crew on Angie's List because they seemed to be the only local landscapers in the area interested in taking on this particular project. Roland created a very detailed outline of cost estimates and a construction schedule after our initial meeting. I felt like I was in confident hands. Roland's crew did an excellent job in turning our patio into an area where we want to spend time. First, they demoed the patio area removing the troublesome tree and a piece of concrete that had buckled due to said troublesome tree. On the next day, they installed a beautiful wooden gate to hide the air conditioner unit as well as fill in some concrete. On the final day, they installed the astro turf and a small tree to provide a bit of shade. Roland's crew was very professional and extremely nice. My mother noticed she had a flat tire and the guys offered to change her tire. The patio has become a very relaxing environment and soon enough, there will be a dog running around, enjoying it.

Description of Work
We have a small patio area at our home that we wanted to update and make more dog friendly. Additionally we wanted to have a tree removed from the patio area since after our own attempts at removal, the tree continued to return and grow.

Category concrete repair,fencing,landscaping

10/11/2017

Tyson R.

I met with Roland, Account Rep., who listened to my needs and desire to install a "Tuscan" style garden. He was attentive and fulfilled my request by offering a professional assessment and finally blueprints of the design and cost estimate. Newland's bid wasn't the highest or the lowest but provided the best options for what I wanted and in a very methodical and professional manner. I'm in the process of having the design approved by my HOA in Laguna Niguel and will post on this site after the project is completed.

Description of Work
I contacted by Newland to discuss my re-landscaping project to make a transition from traditional sod to a drought tolerant plant garden.

Category landscaping,lawn service,mulch,outdoor lighting

06/23/2017

Fred T.

Great, no problems whatever!

Description of Work
Removed grass and replaced with decomposed granite. Built small retaining wall. Added drought tolerant plants.

03/30/2017

Lynn V.

Work went quickly and did a nice job.

Description of Work
Removed old grass and weeds, replaced with new ground cover and sod. Adjusted sprinklers and replaced when needed. Installed new drip line under palm trees.

Category hauling services,landscaping,irrigation systems

03/24/2017

Laurie K.

Great, they did a great job and were very responsive.

Description of Work
Total backyard rennovation including hardscape, water feature and fire pit.

Category concrete repair,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,mulch,fireplaces,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting,stamped concrete

03/10/2017

Dave C.

Roland and the entire Newland crew were absolutely AMAZING. Sergio was especially helpful accommodating our requests as we progressed through the project. Roland was always very responsive despite how busy I'm sure he is. It was so refreshing to work with a team that was so responsive, clean and professional. Would absolutely hire again!

Description of Work
Major landscape demolition and rennovation

01/30/2017

Tze Kin I.

very well, timely and professional

Description of Work
installed firepit and patio. looks great

Category concrete repair,landscaping,fireplaces,hardscaping,stamped concrete

11/27/2016

John H.

Excellent. Roland and his crew were efficient, friendly and very professional. We gave them a rough outline of what we wanted and their interpretation more than met expectations. Post work clean-up left virtually no trace of activity.

Description of Work
Replace back yard grass with desert landscape

Category hauling services,landscaping,hardscaping,stamped concrete

11/22/2016

John S.

We were glad we listened about the concrete. They found no footings under the patio cover posts. His crew corrected that problem immediately the first day of demo. His team was always polite, on time and worked at the tasks at hand. Cleaned up everyday before leaving. The project was completed on time per the contract and exceeded our expectations. Roland has a very professional group of people for the company. Great Job!

Description of Work
Enlarging our patio and tiling it. He suggested replacing the existing concrete due to the many cracks and unevenness. his quote we thought was very reasonable for the scope of work. Demo the concrete, new yard drains, new larger concrete base and sidewalk with re-bar and install tile over 700 sq. ft.

Category ceramic tile,concrete repair,hauling services,drain pipe,hardscaping

10/05/2016

Jennifer Magill V.

Roland and his crew did an amazing job and even accommodated a few schedule twists and turns (due to other vendors). Crew was thoughtful, on time, tidy and worked quickly. We are thrilled with the results and many of our neighbors have commented that they are impressed as well! I would recommend Newland in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Removed existing concrete in front and back yard, installed pavers, outdoor lighting, drip filtration watering system and new landscaping.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

05/31/2016

Catherine P.

It was a joy to work with Roland and his crew from Newland Landscapes. I was impressed by Roland from the time he came to give me an estimate to the very end of the project. Roland arrived on time for the estimate, listened carefully to what I wanted, and made intelligent suggestions for things I had questions about, or needed advice on. His estimate was not the lowest, but it was not the highest either. (I got three estimates for this project.) In addition, he indicated that he could start working immediately and that the job would be done in two weeks or less. Needless to say, he got the job. His crew always showed up exactly when they said they would. They were professionally attired, and extremely respectful of me, very patient with my questions, and willing to make small changes in plant placement. They cleaned up after themselves every night, and never left my yard looking like a war zone. Roland always left one person in charge (he did not do the work himself), and that person always checked with me, and gave me an update on what to expect for that day. I was extremely impressed with all members of his crew. Fortunately, we did not encounter any unpleasant surprises during this project. All went according to plan and it was completed before the estimated end date. I was already prepared to give Roland and Newland Landscaping a 5 star review, but then I encountered a small problem. One of the lights and a sprinkler had been placed too close to the water meter, and had to be relocated. (I did not discover this until after the job was done and I had paid the entire bill.) I informed Roland of the problem, and it was fixed by the end of the day! If every contractor had the same level of professional knowledge, customer service focus, and work ethic of Roland and Newland Landscaping, there would be no need of Angie's List! As it is, I would recommend Roland and Newland Landscaping to anyone contemplating a landscaping project, large or small.

Description of Work
I had my front yard re-landscaped by Newland Landscape. This involved the following: Removed all existing turf, overgrown silversheen pittosporums, and Eugenia hedge Replaced 2/3 of turf area with mulch and drought tolerant sesleria grasses Planted new hedge of Dodonaea (Hopseed) Replaced 1/3 of turf area with decomposed granite Place stepping stones in decomposed granite area Planted new hedge of silversheet pittosporum to separate DG area from grass area Moved mature olive tree from middle of yard closer to walk way Planted Metrosideros (pineapple guava) in DG area Replaced and upgraded irrigation in the front yard and other areas Installed landscape lighting Basically, my yard went from dull and drab to dramatic and drought tolerant in 10 days!

05/20/2016

Mark N.

Everything went great. Roland and his crew were professional and all work was done as promised and no cost overage. The best contractor we have ever hired. Roland also provided a sketch which we moved forward with and we are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Entry way path, steps, stonework, drought resistant landscape

Category landscaping,hardscaping

03/31/2016

Annmarie G.

We had Newland Landscape completely gut and redo our front and back yard landscaping. I cannot say enough good things about Roland and his team. From the very beginning, Roland took the time to listen to our needs and prepared a detailed estimate promptly. When work commenced, the crews worked quickly and in a workmanlike manner. Everyone on site was polite and professional. Debris was hauled away immediately. Roland worked with me comprehensively identifying the best types of trees, shrubs, and flowers for my area based on my preferences. The job came in on time and on budget. Newland Landscape was by far my most favorite vendor on our overall remodel. He says what he does, and does what he says. He follows up and always managed a prompt response no matter how busy things were. These are also really good people. Isn’t that who you want working for you? I highly recommend Newland Landscape for any project you may be considering.

Description of Work
Complete demolition and new landscaping, irrigation, and lighting in front and back yard

Category concrete repair,landscaping,irrigation systems,mulch,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

03/31/2016

Annmarie G.

We had Newland Landscape completely gut and redo our front and back yard landscaping. I cannot say enough good things about Roland and his team. From the very beginning, Roland took the time to listen to our needs and prepared a detailed estimate promptly. When work commenced, the crews worked quickly and in a workmanlike manner. Everyone on site was polite and professional. Debris was hauled away immediately. Roland worked with me comprehensively identifying the best types of trees, shrubs, and flowers for my area based on my preferences. The job came in on time and on budget. Newland Landscape was by far my most favorite vendor on our overall remodel. He says what he does, and does what he says. He follows up and always managed a prompt response no matter how busy things were. These are also really good people. Isn?t that who you want working for you? I highly recommend Newland Landscape for any project you may be considering.

03/01/2016

Annmarie G.

I can't say enough about how wonderful Roland and his crews were to work with. They got the job done quickly with amazing attention to detail. Of all the vendors we worked with to date on our remodeling project, Newland Landscaping is by far my favorite. I am so pleased and highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Complete demo of existing front and back yard, new landscaping, irrigation and lighting

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,outdoor lighting

02/03/2016

ken H.

Roland was outstanding to work with. We had many items to complete and a fixed budget. He was able to offer a variety of solutions to complete all of the work within budget and achieve an outstanding result. His staff were hardworking and courteous and cleaned up at the end of every day. He exceeded our expectations, we will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Widen driveway, new sidewalk, paver patio, retaining wall, replant hillside, new sprinkler system.

Category concrete repair,landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping

11/30/2015

Frank M.

Roland and his guys were a pleasure to work with. His team was on time, cleaned up every day, and really knew what they were doing. The did an exceptional job knowing what to plant where and how to plant to maximize growth and healthy plants. They did some of the planting during the severe hot spells this summer and if ANY of the plants did not look up to par or did not survive, his crew promptly replaced the plants without any problem or cost to me. I would highly recommend Roland and his crew for any job that he undertakes. He will do the job correctly and professionally. I found the cost of their work to be VERY competitive. In a nutshell, you can't get better, more professional or courteous service. On a 1-10, Newland Landscape gets a 10+.

Description of Work
Roland's team completely renovated the all the landscaping for both the front and back yards of my home. They ripped out the sod and high water consumption plants, modified the sprinkler & drainage system, poured a new dining patio, installed a slate walkway, resealed, the slate on the spa and water feature, installed new landscape lighting, planted new fruit trees and installed an extensive amount of new drought tolerant and tropical plants throughout.

Category concrete repair,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,drain pipe,outdoor lighting

06/19/2015

Susan L.

Roland and his crew were very nice, efficient, and willing and able to do whatever we needed. We knew we had a small patio and the job wasn't very lucrative but we were never treated any less than someone with a big job. We are very happy and will use Newland Landscapes again.

Description of Work
New stamped concrete and sitting wall on a tiny patio.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,stamped concrete

04/08/2015

Joanne B.

Roland responded promptly to my request for an estimate. He was at the house in a day or two and provided an online quote that evening. I had a few questions, he called back promptly and was able to schedule the work within a week. His team was on time both days, polite, helpful and willing to go the extra mile with planting our new trees and shrubs. The price was competitive with the other bids we got. We will definitely call him again and highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
Install new landscape in front yard

11/03/2014

Cory N.

Representative met with me at the agreed time and we discussed my ideas for renovating my backyard. They created a landscape plan that incorporated the ideas that I had along with some suggestions of their own. I really like the plan that they created, but the estimated cost is just too much at this time. Now that we have an idea about the cost, we're saving up and hope to carry out this plan in a couple of years.

Description of Work
Landscape plan and cost estimate for backyard.

10/17/2014

Charles S.

Made good plan working with us, but cost was excessive to do the work.

Description of Work
A detail landscape plan showing plant location and name on a sheet of paper.

07/29/2014

Chris C.

We worked with Roland to do a design for a complete new rear yard and side yards. He was excellent at listening to our "wish list" and helping us to find ways to make it work within our budget. We'd rather not say what we spent but it was a significant project. It involved taking out all the existing landscape and hardscape (a lot of concrete) and then putting in new pavers, new concrete, landscape areas, irrigation, drainage, new entrance gates, lighting, etc. He also designed and constructed a built in BBQ and fire pit. He was very helpful with material selection, including color, size and texture. He helped a great deal with plant selection and did a beautiful job of installation. He made sure that everything went together. The quality of his work is very very good. Roland was excellent in making our ideas work and coming up with a design built around them. He was very responsive about giving things attention that needed it. Little problems come up on any project, and Roland was always good about responding and finding solutions. He was absolutely terrific about helping us to stay on budget and yet get all that we wanted. His crews were punctual, polite and very good about cleanup. We wouldn't want to work with anyone other than Roland and Newland on a landscape project in the future.

Description of Work
Newland did a complete renovation of our backyard. Also did some work in our front yard.

Category concrete repair,fencing,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

07/16/2013

Felipe D.

I Can't Speak Highly enough About Newland Landscapes, Roland is a true professional and his crew is the best out there. after and getting many estimates from different landscape contractors!!! We finally decided with Newland Landscapes (best decision ever). 1. knowledge. 2. Out standing References. 3. Competitive price. 4. Honesty/Sincerity. My husband and I Could not be happier with the end result of our back Yard renovation, its amazing how many different projects these guys take on. for us they did a planter with retaining wall, install new sod with new irrigation system, stamp concreted, built a new patio cover, install a drain line out to the street. The whole process was amazing from started to finish. These guys are true professionals.

Description of Work
Stamp Concrete, Patio Cover, Retaining wall, New sod, Irrigation system.

Category awnings,concrete repair,concrete driveways,hauling services,landscaping,irrigation systems,mulch,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting,stamped concrete

OrangeBlue General Contractors

We are a licensed, bonded and insured general contractor that specializes in amazing outdoor living spaces. Our passion is building beautiful projects that enhance the lives of our customers. From pools to patios, along with world class communication and customer service, we will turn your dream project into a reality. Please call our office at 949-317-5700 to schedule your free estimate today.

TLS Builders Inc.

We at Royal Turf Landscape and Hardscape specialize in artificial turf installation, pavers, concrete, gravel, DG, Mulch installs and designs for a low maintenance and modern upgrade. I've been in business for years for one main reason: Our customers are treated like family. With family you handle everything with care and attention. We are here to guide you and give you our advice based on your goal and dream. We believe in value. Call us today so we can turn your dreams into reality. 310-699-7650

Patios By B&B Inc

Patios by B & B was started by Buddy and Barbara Goldman (hence the B & B) in 1974 but became a fully licensed, bonded and insured General Contractor in February of 1977. Today the company is owned and operated by Paul and Jeff Goldman, Buddies son and grandson. For over 40 years, Patios by B & B has specialized in custom designed patio covers, drop shades, sunrooms and garden rooms, pool & spa enclosures, interlocking paving stones, artificial turf, putting greens, decorative concrete overlay, vinyl replacement windows, french doors, patio doors, car ports, stamped concrete & epoxy flooring systems. Paul Goldman and Jeff Goldman personally design, manage, and oversee each project to ensure that the expectations of our customers are not only met, but exceeded. As a professional General Contractor, we approach our relationships with our clients quite differently than our competition. We are not a marketing company, therefore we don't employ any high pressure, commission salesman. We respect and value our client relationships and always offer the highest level of quality and professionalism that our clients deserve and expect. We have maintained the same professional installation crews for over 20 years with thousands of projects completed throughout Orange County, South LA and parts of the Inland Empire. We are authorized dealers for the highest rated manufacturers in our industry and offer a complete spectrum of products to address a wide range of custom applications. Patios By B&B has a massive reference base in Orange and Los Angeles Counties and offers Free Design Consultations and Cost Analysis to define and estimate your project as responsibly and cost effectively as possible. We value and honor our relationship with Angie’s List members and offer a 10% discount on the total project. Give us a call today!

California
    cslb

HARDSCAPES, SOFTSCAPES,PAVERS, ARTIFICIAL TURF,IRRIGATION, CONCRETE, LANDSCAPES,

Handyman repairs