Armes Electric Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since May 2005

We are operating under COVID-19 protocol. We offer FREE estimates & video consultations! After Hours Emergencies are available also. Please Call Owner Pete Directly (949) 292-4453. We are a family owned residential electrical company serving OC since 1991. Same employees for over 20 years! We

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

electrician (244)lighting (58)ceiling fan installation (42)landscape lighting (4)fountains (3)home remodeling (2)home theater installation (1)

12/11/2020

Jody G.

From start to finish, Armes Electric was fabulous! The communication ahead of time was flawless, with Pete and his office answering any questions I had… and even e-mailing me a link to the part I would need so that I could order it myself and save some money. I had a replacement bathroom fan installed, as well as some light switches (dimmer) fixed. Armando and Collin were FABULOUS! They were so nice, efficient, and did everything in a very short amount of time. It surprised me how quickly they were able to get everything done.

Description of Work
Bathroom fan installed + 2 dimmer switches replaced

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

11/11/2020

Keith G.

WOW!!! I talked with David on the phone and he coached me through removing a broken light bulb that was stuck in a recessed lighting socket. I was greatly impressed with David's HONESTY AND INTEGRITY!!! He saved me what would have been a $200 visit. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN ELECTRICIAN THAT'S OUT FOR YOUR BEST INTEREST, THAN GO WITH ARMES ELECTRICAL INC!!!!

Description of Work
Recessed light bulb broke off in socket

Category lighting

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

10/30/2020

James .

Very clean with the job and professional. No surprises with the price. Definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Installing an extra ceiling light

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

07/02/2020

Ursula O.

very well - very friendly and professional

Description of Work
various electrical non-working items

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

05/06/2020

Carter H.

Perfect! Showed up on time, friendly and did excellent work!

Description of Work
Remove chandelier, install new lighting fixture

Category lighting

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

12/30/2019

Vicki Y.

Pete Armes, owner of Armes Electric, is our Christmas hero! Right after Christmas breakfast was cooked, my adult daughter noticed that the refrigerator light had suddenly gone out, and we eventually realized that much of the kitchen’s electricity was out. Switching the circuit breaker didn’t work, so my husband called Pete, as they had done an excellent job of putting in a new electrical outlet for a new garage opener a year ago. Pete was honest, kind, and gracious to interrupt his own Christmas morning to figure out what was wrong over the phone and SAVED THE DAY! This was the second time we have been impressed. A year ago, Markus had also been prompt, came out for the bid very quickly, communicated clearly what he would do and returned at a time convenient to us to finish the job extremely well so we could get our garage door in record time. Since we and most of the Saddleback Valley have homes between 40 and 20 years old, it is a nightmare to have an electrical emergency on a holiday. Armes Electric has proven to us several times that they put the homeowner first and that they are impeccable in their trustworthiness and service. We had used other highly regarded electrical companies in the past but we are convinced that Armes Electric is the BEST! Thanks, Pete, Markus, and the staff!

Description of Work
Putting in new electrical outlet in garage

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

10/25/2019

Dean and Reed A.

It was excellent! They were on time, professional and the price was very fair. They would be an excellent company for any electrical work you need in your house. They did good work.

Description of Work
They did an electric work in our house.

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

10/04/2019

Leslie P.

Brilliantly. The staff was kind, professional and quick. Everything was done in a matter of hours. I honestly thought it would be several days. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them.

Description of Work
Diagnose why half of the house had no power; lights and plugs

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

07/12/2019

m H.

it was masterful --- not only did the repair tech determine the source of the problem lickety-split and fix it; he also went a step further to assure that our home was originally wired correctly and found that all of our GFCI labelled outlets were not in fact wired as such, corrected the wiring gaff and installed updated GFCI's to assure our family's safety --- oh, yes, he also fixed an outdoor light as an encore - and this was done quickly and efficiently!!!! This is the second time we have utilize their service and could not be happier (and now we are safer!!!)

Description of Work
repair of inoperable outlet(s)

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

12/09/2018

Diane B.

I called and talked to Pete, the owner, on a Saturday evening. He asked me about the problem, and advised me, based on what I described, to call SCE because to him it sounded like it was related to their power feed from the street. He further advised that if that was the problem they would fix it at no cost. He said if that was not the problem, then he would arrange to come over and diagnose further, but was pretty sure it was a SCE issue. In fact, Pete was right, SCE service came Saturday night and diagnosed the problem, and is fixing it. So thank you Pete for your integrity and sound advice, and for offering to do what it takes to resolve the issue, even if there is no financial benefit. You can be sure that when I need a licensed electrician, I'll be calling Armes.

Description of Work
My power went out for half of the house.

Work Completed On 12/09/2018

10/15/2018

John N.

Both technicians were polite, did quality work and worked well together. the initial estimate was $400 - $500 for the outlet. Since the final placement of the outlet was 12 feet from where the electrical entered the garage they charged $750. $250 - $350 for 12 feet of conduit and wire seemed expensive, but i don't know what the going rate should be.

Description of Work
240v outlet and ceiling fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

07/16/2018

Cheryl B.

Armes was prompt, and thorough in their installation. They worked quickly, addressed a minor repair not in the scope of work, but needed, and left the area as clean as when they arrived. Would hire again should I need an electrician.

Description of Work
Installed two bathroom exhaust fans

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

06/14/2018

Julie T.

Did a great job. I would recommend their service.

Description of Work
relocating wall outlets and hanging ceiling fixtures

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

04/30/2018

Randy B.

Danny and Aaron texted when they were 10 minutes out to advise that they were en route. Upon arrival, they were courteous, friendly and professional. We went over the options for the size of the down rod and the placement of the remote control holder. They put down plastic to protect carpet and furniture. When they were finished, they vacuumed up any residual dust. From their arrival to the time I was making payment, it took about an hour and a half. It's only day one, but the fan looks to be well balanced and it works as expected. I am very happy with the work and their professionalism. I would use them again and I would recommend them to others. As for the price, it was on par with quotes I got from two other companies.

Description of Work
Installation of Ceiling Fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

04/04/2018

Andrea C.

I have a smell in my hallway that I thought to be an electrical problem. I called these guys and they were here within a couple of hours. They were very professional and went over and beyond to try to find the cause of the problem. While they were here we also got a quote on a new electrical panel. We will be using them for that as well as any future electrical needs. I would highly recommend them to my friends, family, and anyone on Angie's List. ( the owner is probably one of the nicest guys I've ever done business with)

Description of Work
Smell thought to be electrical

02/01/2018

Marty M.

Called Armes to do some electrical work. They were able to accomodate me for the time and day I needed. Ty showed up on time, looked at what needed to be done, gave an estimate, and told me the scope of work needed and how he would do it. He was careful not to damage anything in my home with his ladder and tools. When he was done, he cleaned up after himself and put the furniture back to where it was. He charged the same amount as the estimate he gave, no surprises! Ty is a true professional, and Armes Electric is as well. Recommended!!

Description of Work
Install ceiling light, 220 volt outlet in garage for plug-in hybrid, GFCI outlet in bathroom.

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

01/29/2018

Michele K.

Pete contacted me the next day to see how things went - I appreciated his thoroughness and prompt follow up. He and Brian and Juan were very friendly, courteous, helpful, and professional. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Installation of circuit breaker line for microwave, and installation of transformer for doorbell

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

12/12/2017

Martin O.

Excellent. On time. Completed promptly and thoroughly.

Description of Work
Added service for our car charging station (240V)

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

12/11/2017

Rick A.

FINALLY, a fix for a home electrical problem we've endured for so many years. Nobody was ever able to determine the root of the problem until Ethan took a look at the issue. We've had the issue researched on 2 prior occasions and the intermittent problem still existed. Some of our outlets weren't getting power occasionally. Ethan found a "sketchy" wire located in the fuse box which had been causing the problem, replaced the wire and now all is well. This is the second time I've used Armes and they've now solidified their "go to" status for all of our electrical issues.

Description of Work
Intermittent electrical "glitch" in our home wiring

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

09/27/2017

Barbara M.

Responded immediately. Assessed and repaired quickly.

Description of Work
Electrical outage due to system overload.

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

09/07/2017

Cynthia S.

They were amazing. They were just super professional and honest, and clean and other things. They were perfect. I would absolutely refer them to anybody. The communication was great. The cleanup was great.

Description of Work
They worked on several electrical issues.

Work Completed On 03/07/2017

08/26/2017

David N.

They were prompt and professional. They finished quickly and did a very neat job and the cost was less than I expected.

Description of Work
Just needed to tap into an outdoor light fixture to add an electrical outlet under my eaves.

Work Completed On 08/26/2017