Bourke Construction Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since May 2007

30802 S Coast Hwy

Laguna Beach, CA 92651

Bourke Construction has proudly served Orange County, CA since 1996. Combined, we have seventy-five years of experience in the construction industry. We offer a wide range of services including interior & exterior remodeling, additions, roofing, painting, and much more. We treat each of our clients with respect through open communication and honesty, including passing along supplier discounts on materials - you’ll pay what we pay. We provide a warranty on our work for as long as you own your home. Call us today to schedule your complimentary, no-obligations, in-home consultation....

08/18/2020

Donna B.

I’ve used Bourke Construction on several jobs. One was a major repair to one side of my home, the others were smaller in scope, I.e., repairs to a leak and water damage to the garage ceiling. Ed responded quickly to my pleas for help and came out to my house right away. We discussed the work that needed to be done and he gave me a reasonable estimate. He performed the work competently and without delay. I have called Ed about other problems and he has always been responsive and helpful, even if he wasn’t available to help. I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again and recommend highly to others.

Description of Work
Repairs to side of house, including insulation. Repairs to garage ceiling.

Category remodeling, siding, asbestos removal

07/30/2020

Crystal C.

Ed and his crew did a full house remodel in a fixer upper we bought in Laguna beach. The entire house was crooked. Ed and his crew jacked everything back up to current position. They turned a dismal circa 1970s dump, into a super contemporary Laguna beach home. They replaced kitchen, bathrooms, floors, stairs and on and on, until they gave us the beautiful home we now have. We would definitely recommend Ed and his crew and will use him again if the occasion arises.

Description of Work
Complete Home Remodel

Category countertops, decks, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, foundation repair

04/14/2020

Maritza M.

Ed and his team did a major remodel and addition to our home recently in Laguna Beach. We are very happy with the final result. Ed and his team did what they said they would do and were always on time. Ed was always there to answer any questions we may have had, even at night. We will definitely use them for any future projects. We would highly recommend Ed and his guys.

Description of Work
Major Remodel and addition

Category asbestos removal

07/11/2018

Sally H.

The remodeling of the first of my three bathrooms is nearly done, and it has turned out beautifully. I like that Ed is in constant communication with updates about what will be done each week. The subcontractors have been courteous and have cleaned up after themselves. The whole process has gone smoothly.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for review. As client mentioned we are Remodeling three bathrooms For her. Ed. Owner bourke construction inc.

06/25/2018

Victoria J.

I opted to use Lowes Installation Services for my kitchen countertop. BIG mistake. The job was poorly done and after almost 6 months of trying to resolve the issue and it still hasn’t been resolved, I decided to use Ed and his crew to install my new kitchen countertop. Ed did the demo and then had Tony install my new countertop. What Lowes said could not be done, was done by Tony. The best seams (white countertop) and seam location. Lessons learned: 1. Verify that the Lowes installer is licensed and 2. I should have used Ed and never gone to Lowes. Funny….the cost difference (countertop material and labor/installation)…$155.25 cheaper to use Ed.

Description of Work
Re-do of kitchen countertop.

Category countertops, remodeling

04/06/2018

Victoria J.

Ed, his crew and sub-contractors are professionals. Communication with Ed and his team was appreciated. I knew each week what was happening and who to expect in my home. As time went by, I relied and trusted Ed’s expertise to guide me through the decisions I had to make along way. Any questions regarding budget/invoices were quickly addressed which helped me stay on budget. I highly recommend Ed and will use him again for any future home improvements.

Description of Work
Remodel of home inside and out

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, glass repair, gutter repair, hauling services, insulation, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, pressure washing, fireplaces, home & garage organization, woodworking, ceiling fans, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

01/30/2018

Sandra C.

We had a somewhat mixed experience. On the up side, we loved the finished quality of the work. Ed's subcontractors demonstrated professionalism through quality workmanship and good communication. On the flip side, the process was a struggle for us, taking far longer than expected. We had many questions throughout the process and we were quite frankly confused much of the time - not knowing who was responsible for procuring what and when. In fairness, we were new to the process of remodeling and we didn't know what we didn't know, but when all is said and done, we love the results.

Description of Work
Midsize bathroom remodel, replace living/ dining room flooring, hall cabinet refacing

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

We thank this client for working with us on her first remodeling project and although we are disappointed that our thorough and comprehensive process did not exceed her expectations, we are very pleased that she was satisfied with the final product. We are extremely responsive to our client's needs and had these concerns been brought up during the project we would have been happy to take corrective action as appropriate.

01/23/2018

Steve A.

The work turned out wonderfully, Ed is a fantastic contractor, very professional, very responsive and dependable. I would hire him again in an instant.

Description of Work
Re-roof, new gutters, termite damage and wood repair, new stucco, and outside painting. He also did some construction in the attic and new attic insulation.

Category gutter repair, insulation, remodeling, roofing, stucco, house painters

Thank you for review. Ed.

03/21/2017

Christi S.

He came out on time, reviewed our project scope (took pictures, videos, etc.) and said we would hear from him by the end of the week. Not a peep.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Master remodels

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Would like to apologize to member,I checked my records,I did indeed fail to send a bid. It somehow slip through the cracks. And is entirely my fault. Ed bourke Owner bourke construction inc.

03/11/2017

LYNN S.

Having gotten other estimates, by comparison Ed seemed to breeze through the process He only took a quick video of the job instead of taking measurements and making notes. I was told I'd get an estimate within a week. I never heard back from him. In retrospect, he didn't seem all that interested; however, if he didn't want the job, just say so! Now I wouldn't recommend him.

Description of Work
I contacted Ed Bourke to get an estimate on a total master bath remodel.

Category home remodeling

I'm disappointed member did not contact me first,before posting this review. I sent her a bid one day after My meeting with her. Unfortunately it appears she did not receive it. I do all Bathroom bids with videos. That way I have a visual record I can refer to. I have remodelled hundreds of bathrooms over the last 21 Years in business. As for breezing through. I videoed taped Bathroom and noted all relevant information on video. I then spent 15-20 minutes with member answering all her questions before leaving. I do not waste either clients or my time going to clients homes and not then sending them a bid. That would be a pointless waste of time. Before going to any clients home I discuss over the phone details of proposed project. To confirm it in the scope of my company's realm of work. Thank you for taking the time To read my response Ed bourke. Owner bourke construction inc.

04/22/2016

Justin L.

We hired Bourke Construction after meeting with several contractors. We purchased a fixer upper home in Laguna Beach, CA with intentions to update and renovate a few things immediately after taking possession of the property. Ed was prompt getting back to me, which is more than I can say for several other contractors, some of whom I never heard back from. His prices were fair and accurate. We ended up going over our original budget, but at no fault of Ed and his team, as we decided to expand our original renovation scope once we actually began work. Ed and his team took everyone of our changes and additions without a hitch. We had 18 windows replaced, with trimming replaced and/or repaired, our old and damaged front dutch door replaced with a new fiber glass door as well as painted, all of the wood paneling inside of our home removed, and replaced with dry wall as well as added insulation behind those walls and added insulation in our ceiling. They also added sound insulating board behind the drywall in our living room as well because it was facing a busier street. We had a good amount of our electrical wiring updated to meet current electrical code, as well as adding new electrical outlets and switches. We had 9 new LED can lights added as well as 6 more can lights converted to LED and to match the new ones added. We also had an LED light strip added to the master bedroom as well as a custom trim built around it. We had a very dated stone cemented into the wall floor to ceiling fireplace, which was demolished and removed and replaced with a nice maple wood floating mantle and grey tile surround. We had our garage door replaced with a new garage door as well as added a garage door opener. We also had the biggest hole in our waste line the plumbers had ever seen, which was unexpected, but Ed and his team took care of it right away as well as replaced a toilet while they were at it. They also repaired numerous miscellaneous items around the house as well. With all of this going on, we lived through the renovation. Ed and his team communicated on a regular basis what they planned to do for that day as well as a report as to what was completed at the end of the day. They swept and kept the house as clean as could possibly be given the construction and were mindful of us also living there. He even brought an HEPA air filter to help with the dust. If you live in Laguna Beach, CA you know how difficult and excessively complicated the city can be with anything. Do yourself a favor and get a local contractor to do the work. You will save yourself a lot of headache and time. With Ed?s experience, he was able to handle each project of ours from conception, to permits, the build and inspections. Ed has a high sense of pride in the work that he does as well as his team and will do what is necessary to make things right. He was always responsive to any questions and concerns, which is a rarity in contractors. We have more projects planned for the future and will be planning on using Ed and his team to help complete them. I would definitely recommend Ed for any project big or small.

Description of Work

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, garage doors, glass repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, pavers, gravel, replacement windows, fireplaces, woodworking, doors

Thank you for review.look forward to completing your upcoming projects. Ed

04/06/2016

Joshua F.

Ed and his team was very receptive to my ideas and they did a great job putting everything together. Very easy process from beginning to end. It was easy to get in contact with Ed whenever I had questions. E-mails and calls were answered promptly. Very pleased with the end result.

Description of Work
Bourke Co came in and built custom cabinetry to go into my garage for my tools etc. I do a lot of work in the garage and was in desperate need for storage that did not take up a lot of space.

Category lighting, woodworking, cabinet refacing

Thank you for review have done several projects for this member. Ed

03/30/2016

Amy E.

Everything went smoothly from beginning to end. Ed was easy to get in contact with via phone or e-mail, and he answered all of our questions thoroughly. Very professional. His crew always arrived on time and they were very courteous and respectful. They always cleaned up any mess they made (that wasn't in the renovation zone.) Highly recommend!

Description of Work
I had my kitchen completely redone. This included removal of old cabinets, sinks, back splash, new flooring and more. Ed and his team installed all new cabinetry, new counter tops to match the new color in the kitchen. We also had an island added which turned out great! All of our new appliances fit perfectly.

Category remodeling

Thank you for review. Ed

03/14/2016

stanley D.

Eddie and his team of subcontractors provided a complete remodel of our guest bathroom from demolition through final painting. He is highly knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. He can be relied upon to give you unbiased input when making decisions that impact costs, offering a range of solutions to meet your budget goals. Like many projects, we did make a few work change orders that raised the cost, but i believe Eddie was fair in the final cost. We were particularly pleased with the quality of work accomplished by his regular subcontractor teammates-- their work was routinely lauded by the city inspectors who reviewed the project for compliance for their high quality workmanship. All in all we were very pleased with the final product. We would definitely hire Bourke Construction again for any future construction needs.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of bathroom

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for review. Was a pleasure working on this project. Ed.

02/23/2016

Regina R.

I had been wanting to extend the deck for a while, and finally found a contractor I felt understood what I was looking for. Ed was reliable and easy to communicate with. His team came in and they completed the deck on time using all new materials and it looks amazing. This was the first "big" project for my home, but with how smooth the whole process is, I think I will be doing more remodeling in the future! They do small and large projects so I think next up is to get some professional painting done! I think I've been bit by the remodel bug!

Description of Work
Bourke Construction was hired to demolish and rebuild a deck off the family room.

Category decks, remodeling

Thank you for nice review.im looking forwarded to building your addition later this year. Ed

05/08/2015

Erin E.

Ed was very punctual and responded quickly. He was professional and the door way looks great! I will be using him in the future for contracting.

Description of Work
There was no bathroom door in the master bedroom. He built in the wall and put a door.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks for review. As member said we built wall with solid core door between Master bedroom and bath. Matching existing doors,texture and paint. So that finish project looked like it had always been there. Ed.

03/04/2015

Hugh T.

Work went easily. It looks great and I'm very impressed that Ed has backed up his work after all this time.

Description of Work
Almost three years after the original work, Ed had painters over to touch up cracks we believe were because of settling due to the original work.

Category plumbing, remodeling

Thanks for review. We always stand behind our work. And will do any repair required to our work for as long as you own your home. Ed Bourke. Bourke construction inc

11/17/2014

Deborah M.

This is the second time I have used Bourke Construction and once again I am thrilled with their work. I will call them again if I think of another project!!

Description of Work
tiled small porch in back and front walkway

Category ceramic tile, decks, remodeling

thanks for nice report. best review is always a happy repeat client. thanks ed bourke

10/29/2014

Ronald B.

I had contracted Ed to do some work on large deck on the back of my house. During that process I decided to have him quote on replacing a wooden façade on the exterior of the house with a more modern stucco element. I worked with Ed on the design and his subcontractor Pete. They understood what I was going for exactly. The demolition took only one day and they were set to start the stucco work after the weekend. Of course, the next morning it looked like rain and I contacted Ed who immediately came over on Saturday to tarp the area. During the whole process Ed and his team were very responsive and proactive. I could be happier with the experience or the results.

Description of Work
Replaced a wooden façade on the front of my home and replaced it with stucco.

Category stucco

thank you for report. yes as member said.we removed old siding from front of house,and replaced with stucco to give a clean modern look. please note we have recently had two poor reports in both instances work was never carried out for memebers and reviews are based on members perceptions,not my companys service.in both instances we reach out to members but never got a responce from them. where we have carried out work for members we get A ratings thanks ed bourke

10/29/2014

Ronald B.

Met with Ed, Originally found him on Angies list. He was punctual and very professional. The job included adding a reinforcement beam in 2 places as well as removing paint and staining. The job went smoothly and took about 2 months overall, which was understandable due to the size of the project. The job came within 10% of the bid which was acceptable. I am very happy with the result and with my choice of Bourke Construction.

Description of Work
Refinished large wooden deck including stripping old paint and staining. Replaced 2 rotted beams.

Category decks, remodeling

thanks for nice review. very large deck in laguna just off ocean,deck had been painted and within two years all of the paint was peeling. we striped decking and guardrail back down to bear wood.then sanded,stained and sealed.end result looks beautiful. there was also areas of rot we replaced.ie 20 foot 12x8 beam,and several other areas which required us to support entire deck,then remove rotten beam and replace in treated lumber. ed bourke

09/23/2014

Johanna H.

Eddie of Bourke Construction? was a no show, no call. His Cell phone number to insure you are dealing with the same individual was 714 488 8325. We had several texting and e-mail communications where I provided photos of the area I wished to improve in my condo. My theory is tustin market place homes are not high end enough for Eddie. I only wish Eddie, or Ed, or Bourke Construction (or whatever the name will be tomorrow) would have been big enough to just say I don't have the time for your little job.

Category remodeling

Would like to apologize to the member. After reading review I went through my email And texts. And found her Infomation. And she is correct I missed our appointment. Was completely my fault. I did not input her Infomation into my client File straight away as I normally do. And when another client called a few hours after I double booked appointments with out realizing it For exactly same day and time. So I went to appointment Monday at 4.30 Thinking that was only one I had. I would not missed an appointment I had booked On purpose. I have contacted member, explained and Apologized. And told I will come out to do a bid on any day and time she request. Thanks ed bourke.

09/10/2014

Robert C.

Project was completed in 2011, all work was excellent, on redesign/update of outside of single story home. This included shingles, new front door, trim, paint, electrical, new garage door. After three years some minor problems developed and Mr. Bourke corrected them in short order. I would recommend Bourke Construction. We were very pleased with the work and responsiveness/helpfulness when questions arose.

Description of Work
Facade redesign and updating of home.

Category electrician, garage doors, remodeling, roofing, house painters, doors

Thank you for report As member said we did the several years ago.it is our company's policy to correct any problem that comes up no matter how long ago work was done. In this case it was one shingle that fell off. We also repaired entry door which was a product problem. And added a drip edge to a section of roof,an item which was unrelated to work we had done for member. Ed

09/06/2014

Barr H.

Eddie and his son Patrick were so easy to work with. They were professional and communicated very well on what they were doing. They always arrived at our home at the exact time they said they would. Eddie gave great suggestions on how to fix our bathroom's problems. They are hard workers and obviously have a lot of experience. Eddie was very reasonable with us when we were concerned about the cost of a change order and he split the difference with us. His tiler was a little difficult to communicate with, but ultimately did a good job. Eddie finished the job on time and on budget and they always did a great job of cleaning up after themselves each day and also cleaned up after the tiler as well. We will definitely use Eddie again and have no problem recommending him. We love our bathroom now!

Description of Work
Our master bathroom shower was unusable because of a previous master bathroom remodel. We hired Eddie to remove the shower, correct the size of the shower by reframing it, add a shampoo niche and corner seat, tile the shower, remove the flooring in the bathroom and replace it with tile, and repaint the bathroom. He also made other small corrections to prior problems.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for report. Nice little job. We also fixed toilet which pervious contractor had not installed correctly along with pocket door and casing free of charge. Ed Bourke

09/01/2014

Paul F.

Our family room had the typical brick hearth in front of the fireplace, brick on the wall on either side of the fireplace and large mantel on top of the bricks. We also had a custom built entertainment center (wood) along one wall, beneath the wall mounted television. Ed had to demolish the entertainment center, the hearth, the brick siding and remove the mantel. Where the hearth and entertainment center had been, re-tiling was required since the tile had been laid around the entertainment center and the hearth. Baseboard and crown molding also had to be replaced. We wanted stack stone around the fireplace and up to the ceiling where we had crown molding. In addition, there was a lot of wall repair around the fireplace and under the television. And everything had to be repainted. We met with Ed, showed him the project, got a price, and worked out a timetable of two weeks. Ed's son, Patrick, did all the demolition and took great care to protect the house from excessive dust. Ed's sub-contractors laid the stack stone around the fireplace and up the wall, replaced the tile, repaired and painted the walls. Ed himself did the baseboard and crown molding. He and his crew did a beautiful job and best of all stuck to the schedule! Throughout the job, when we had questions, Ed would respond by email within minutes, literally. He was on top of it all the way. We are very, very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Remodeled our 20 year old, dated, family room

Category ceramic tile, drywall, masonry, remodeling, siding, fireplaces, woodworking, interior painters

Thanks for kind words. We do a lot of fireplaces,you can see examples on our web site. [hyperlink removed]. Go to mantle page Thank Ed Bourke

06/29/2014

Catherine A.

Our experience with Ed was fantastic. He seamlessly guided us through structural engineering and building permit process, and the scope of job was completed within the committed timeframe and budget. Our project included: complete kitchen remodel (including adding a beam to replace a load bearing wall), bathroom (3) remodel, new lighting throughout, new insulation and drywall, new windows (2), tankless hot water heater, new doors and trim/baseboards, various new plumbing and electrical. We interviewed six contractors and, although Ed's bid was not the lowest (we learned 2 houses ago to never go with the lowest bid), we felt that he was certainly the best one for the job. He did not disappoint us. Ed delivered on everything he said he would by the time he said he would. We also like that Ed is a hand's-on contractor which is something we really value. He was here every day work was going on, doing work himself and/or supervising various sub-contractors to ensure they were doing the job right. If he had a question about anything, he always sent us a video of what he had encountered to get our feedback. We had weekly meetings at the house to review all of the work and ensure things were to our satisfaction. Not only were we thrilled with the work but there were no surprises in the process which was a huge relief with a project of this size. We will use Ed again when we're ready for the next phase of construction and have recommended him to others.

Description of Work
Complete house renovation, including moving load bearing wall, kitchen gut/remodel, bathroom guy/remodel x 3, replaced windows, new plumbing, etc.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

it was a joy to work for [member names removed]. we did a whole house remodel 3 baths kitchen windows/doors stucco. tile. insulation,casings,trim.tankless water heater,new drywall,walls removed in 12 weeks. overall cost adding kitchen and bathroom cabinets $200.000.00.labor/materials