ADVANTAGE TERMITE & PEST CONTROL

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2005

301 Forest Ave

Laguna Beach, CA 92651

LICENSE NUMBER: PR-5588. FREE INSPECTIONS...

05/16/2013

STEVEN R.

I called and made an appt. for a home termite inspection. No one called or showed up. I called them and they apologized - said they had accidentally booked the appt for the wrong week. We then set a new date. No one showed for that appt. either. I tried calling them again, but no one answered the phone. I left a message, which was not returned.

Description of Work
I was looking to have my home treated for termites

03/25/2012

JAY G.

They sent out a technician Moe Ramos and provided the termite spray in the attics and termite service around the complete home. The technician had to come back because it started to rain and he could complete the outside process so it would be effective. We rescheduled for 3 days later and the technician showed up promptly and finished the job.

Description of Work
Steve Knauer came here on time and inspected the house for termites and gave us a quote.

09/27/2011

Terry R.

I've used this company for annual termite inspection and perimeter chemical ground treatment. After seeing a couple dozen winged drywood termites emerge from a tiny hole in the wall next to a newly installed window, I scheduled an additional service call. Ken promptly came out to confirm and assess the situation, explain the pros/cons of localized chemical treatment vs. tenting the entire house with gas, and provided a written estimate. Since there were no signs of widespread infestation, I went with the localized treatment. They came back within a few days, drilled small holes in the ceiling and interior and exterior walls around where the termites were sighted, injected the foam, and patched and painted the holes (I provided paint to match). They also thoroughly treated the area above in the attic, and treated all exposed wood throughout the attic (attic blast). Before noticing the termites, I had scheduled to replace the underlayment on my entire roof. Ken also arranged to return when my roof was clear of tiles and the old underlayment so he could inspect my entire roof for additional signs of termites and treat suspicious areas. I guess there's no way of knowing whether we got all the termites, but I feel Ken did all he could in lieu of tenting the whole house (which would have cost 2 1/2 times more, plus 3 days in a hotel).

Description of Work
Localized chemical foam treatment in wall where swarming drywood termites emerged, and above the area in attic. As a preventive, also treated all other exposed wood in attic. and selected areas on the roof.

07/15/2011

Kathleen D.

They were thorough and showed us what to look for when inspecting for termites. The guy that did the work was subcontracted by Advantage Termite Control.

Description of Work
They checked the perimeter of our home for termites. They came out and were able to exterminate all of the termites.

03/24/2011

JEANETTE B.

They are good. Since they have been coming, I didn't have problem with the termites. They show up when they say they will show up. They do a good job. Their services are expensive. I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
I use Advantage Termite Control Inc. I have a contract with them so they come once a year. They came last time in July.

01/15/2011

Greg R.

I found both the rep who came out to talk about their service and the guy who came out to do it equally friendly and competent.

Description of Work
I'm having to report from memory since it's been awhile ( a year and a half ago). I do recall that my expense was under $400 and after having a couple termite control people come out, the Advantage rep seemed the most knowledgeable and willing to listen. Also they provide a 1-year warranty against recurring termite infestations as part of their service cost. Most other companies offer that at an additional cost (which I think is BS). In summer 2009 the termites were everywhere. I mean they were flying all over my front porch and even inside my upstairs room. Haven't seen a one since nor seen any more evidence of an infestation. I had them spray suspected infestation spots on the fascia, around the front door and an exposed windowsill upstairs. I also had them treat the attic space as a preventative measure.

07/17/2009

Irving S.

I have been using them for a long time. If I have any termite problems I can call them and they would come right away. However, I feel that the price is high.

Description of Work
I have a contract with them to take care of the termites and they come once a year.

10/10/2008

Greg R.

Advantage was recommended to me by a co-worker who uses their maintenance plan (which incidentally is included in the cost of treatment, it was actually on top of the cost of treatment for the other company). The experience overall was good, I was comfortable that both the inspector and treatment person were competent and were focused on destroying wood-eating pests, rather than draining my wallet. I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
I had two bids on termite inspection and remediation (i.e. kill them bugs). The Advantage Inspector came after the first company. Advantage was thorough and actually talked me out of some more expensive treatment options that the other company tried to push. A few days later their treatment person came and applied the chemicals in exactly the manner that was promised. Also both gentleman gave me some practical pointers and advice on deterring termites in the future and cleared up some misconceptions I had about the little buggers.

09/08/2005

SAM D.

EXCELLENT. SERVICE PERSON WAS POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL AND INFORMED ME OF THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN REGARD TO TERMITES. LEFT THE PREMISES NEAT AND CLEAN.

Description of Work
ANNUAL CONTRACT FOR TERMITE CONTROL. SERVICE PERSON POINTED OUT PLACES THAT NEEDED REPAIR AND SPRAYED THE EXTERIOR AND TREATED THE INTERIOR OF MY HOME.

07/12/2005

MICHELE L.

THEY ARE GOOD, BUT GETTING APPOINTMENTS IS DIFFICULT. THEY EXPLAIN THINGS WELL, WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WHY THEY ARE DOING THINGS. THEY SHOW PROOF OF THE TERMITES. WE HAVE USED THEM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS.

Description of Work
INSPECTION AND TREATMENT OF TERMITES, YEARLY MAINTENANCE SERVICE.

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

Laguna Bay Developing

We are a building, architectural design company that strongly believes in adding value with quality remodeling and affordable pricing. We specialize in crafting your dreams. Our owner, David Fidman, has experience since the 1990's in new construction and remodeling of homes. Our enthusiastic and fully licensed and bonded team can exceed your hopes for any project with our personalized service, whether it is constructing your dream home, renovating and upgrading your curb appeal, or remodeling your existing floor plan. As a boutique firm, we optimize personalization by getting to know our customers needs and wants through an attentive project management style. At Laguna Bay Developing, we want this experience to be as an exciting experience as it is rewarding, from the design plans and material selections to the permit approval and construction process, we will be there for every step, we love to see our clients dreams realized!

HQ Remodeling & Design

HQ Remodeling & Design is a family business that goes back two generations when our grandfather opened a lighting shop and went on to become an electricity contractor. Our dad took the business toward different types of construction and became a general contractor. In recent years, real estate and housing prices have gone up, and we saw the need for remodeling older homes and making their owners feel like they have a new house with an affordable and smart investment.

General Remodeling
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL/INDUSTRIAL. MULTI-UNIT. PRE-TREATMENT. REAL ESTATE SERVICES - COMPLETION / CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES. COMPLETE SERVICE FOR DRYWOOD, DAMPWOOD AND SUBTERRANEAN TERMITES. LOCAL TREATMENT. INJECTION TREATMENTS. FUMIGATION. TERMIDOR TREATMENTS. FOAM TREATMENTS. TIMBOR TREATMENTS. PRESSURE TREATMENTS.