Mario Diaz Flooring

California
California: Contractors
05/31/2024

La Puente, CA 91744

Please contact directly at 323.816.8390 or by email diazflooring@me.com. Minimum 24 Hour response lead time for quotes/services (or availability). 120% dedication to a professional job; our goal is to make sure you fall in love with your floors! Please feel free to email us at: diazflooring@me.com or visit our website at: www.MarioDiazFlooring.net...

hardwood floors (101)flooring (59)floor cleaning (14)water damage restoration (4)

09/14/2021

Charles T.

For the most part, I was happy with Mario's work. The reason for 4 instead of 5 stars was the oven was higher than the counter about a quarter inch while the back of the oven is flush with the counter. Before the kitchen floor was replaced with laminates, the entire oven was flush with the counter, and the reason was the laminate was installed under the front legs of the oven where the floor was bare before that caused the oven front to be elevated.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen flooring

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

09/25/2020

Yvonne M.

We received several bids on the work we needed done. Mario Diaz Flooring was not the cheapest bid and not the most expensive. We chose them because of their ratings and the confidence Mario had that we would love the end product. Our situation was not just refinishing original hardwood floors, putting adding a brand new 300 square foot oak floor with a 70-year-old existing oak floor that flow together. When we pulled up the carpet, we had a lot of stains in the wood, some fresh and wet from my daughter's dog when they visit us, which I was not aware existed. I was amazed that Mario’s crew got all the stains out and the new room they added matched the old oak floors so well. They did a beautiful job. They showed up everyday and completed the job in a timely manner. The crew worked very hard and were very polite. A few companies that quoted the project seemed to make a big deal about adding a brand new room with the original oak flooring we had. Mario assured us we would be happy with the end product and gave us confidence in his craftsmanship. He said our floors will look pretty much the same because he uses solid oak similar to what was used in the 1950s (newer but oak). He uses a process to age the wood to help it match the original. We were amazed how the floors matched up so perfectly. They laid it down piece-by-piece (no fake wood or prefab material). We absolutely love the look of our new floors. I will never cover up these beautiful wood floors with carpet ever again. I encourage people to get multiple bids and have conversations with the companies. It is time consuming but worth the effort or just skip them all and call Mario Diaz' company. If you get multiple bids, you will figure out fast who is taking advantage and highballing the project.

Description of Work
We had our original hardwood floors refinished and a new wood floor installed in a 300 SF room addition running together to match the original hardwood..

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Review for Mario Diaz Flooring - unknown, La Puente, CA - 38902260

08/11/2020

Bill E.

Mario's provided accurate estimate of project, ordered custom maple flooring to match existing floor. Mario's team was very professional with installation of new floor and refinishing existing floor. They went the extra mile to insure we were happy with results. 70 year old floor looks amazing and the new floor matches well. Neighbors were impressed and are interested in Mario's team for their own floor projects.

Description of Work
Had existing hardwood maple floor refinished and had new maple floor put in master bedroom to match the rest of the house.

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Review for Mario Diaz Flooring - unknown, La Puente, CA - 38790257

06/28/2020

martin R.

Mario's people were on time and completed project as promised. 600 square feet of refinished hardwood.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing.

Category floor cleaning

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

09/11/2019

Debora G.

I don’t often leave reviews unless something about the company/job was quite remarkable, one way or the other. This company, and the team they brought to the job, was outstanding. The quality of the work is top notch. The team is made up of well-mannered professionals. And the price was very reasonable. The hardwood flooring throughout my property sustained significant damage from tenant’s cats. It was so disheartening. I scheduled Mario and his team for the initially planned work, but once the tenants were finally evicted, we discovered the scope of work needed was much larger. Mario’s company was flexible enough to enable me to still meet my deadline. This was during the last big heat wave of the summer, so conditions were tough. But this team was nothing but professional. They really went above and beyond in every way. The finished product looks beautiful. Thank you Mario and team!

Description of Work
Repair and refinish hardwood flooring

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,water damage restoration,floor cleaning

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

My pleasure, thank you for your review

04/08/2019

Peggy B.

The project went really well. Mario and the employees working with him were punctual, professional and personable. They were amazingly organized, worked well as a team, were courteous and focused on performing the job and completing it to my satisfaction. The floor looks great.

Description of Work
sand, match stain to existing floors and apply finish

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

Review for Mario Diaz Flooring - unknown, La Puente, CA - 37808246

03/16/2019

Patt S.

Great. Mr. Diaz was responsive and flexible in scheduling and re-scheduling to meet our request. Workers showed up on time and were very professional. They protected the area to keep dust confined to the space, and cleaned up beautifully. We thought an additional coat of polyurethane was needed for appearance and Mr. Diaz did not hesitate to send his men back to do that. I rated his price a B because it was similar to a quote we got from another company--so Mr. Ruiz price was good but not a "bargain." That said, the quality of work was worth the price.

Description of Work
refinishing 1 flight of stairs

Work Completed On 02/16/2019

09/26/2018

David C.

Mario did an excellent job. He made my problem, his problem. Thank you, Mario.

Description of Work
Refinishing old wood floors

Work Completed On 07/14/2018

10/25/2017

Espie R.

He came to my He took all the measurements and gave me an estimate. I was going to hire him to do the job becayse he sounded very kn9wleadgeable and took the time to explain and make recommendations. I ended up postponing the work until further notice.

Description of Work
No work done. Just an estimate

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

03/14/2017

Wil M.

This wasn't very good. He was supposed to come by and look but he never called and never showed up. He was going to quote me on doing wood floor installation. The conversation on the phone, it wasn't the friendliest conversation, but it was ok.

Description of Work
I called to set up an appointment and he never showed up.

Category hardwood floor

Sorry but we don’t have your info with us.

Hardwood floor installation, sales, & refinishing.

Carpet.