King of the Painters Inc

10/31/2022

4155 Camino Alegre

La Mesa, CA 91941

www.kingofthepainters.com

King of the Painters, Inc. is the king of the painting jungle when it comes to interior and exterior projects. We perform both residential and commercial jobs of all sizes. Our services include simple re-painting of interior and exterior walls, basic and finished carpentry services, wall texturing, special wall surface effects (such as "marbelizing" and "faux finishes"), installation of recessed ceiling lights, all the way to drywall and acoustical ceiling repair. We also offer expert application of color glazes, specialty industrial coatings, including industrial enamels, epoxy and urethane coatings. Additional DBA - King Of The Painters. Additional email - info@kingofthepainters.com....

4.3

house painting (62)interior painting (24)lighting (5)general contractors (5)drywall (4)pressure washing (3)home remodeling (2)woodworking (2)epoxy flooring (1)marble & granite (1)wallpaper removal (1)concrete repair (1)

09/13/2018

Scott A.

The work was outstanding. This company does whatever it takes to satisfy the customer. They were worth every penny spent. They got us on their schedule quickly and finished the job very fast. This is the company you want for your painting needs they are professional and stand by their work. I do not normally leave reviews but these guys deserve it. I would/will use this company again.

Description of Work
Painting the ceiling

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

09/13/2018

Dave S.

While house-sitting at a friends house that was just re-painted, I couldn’t help but look at the painting work that had just been done. The level of detail was incredible. The edges were sharp, crisp and straight. I was very impressed. She ended up giving me the number of Bob (The King of the Painters) Lyon. Bob came out and looked over my house. There was a lot of termite damage, the side garage door needed to be replaced and dry rot was prevalent throughout. Fascia, eaves and large beams were in bad shape. All had peeling paint. Bob has an amazing eye for colors. We settled on the color scheme and Bob even picked out the fabric we chose for the awning we had installed out front. After settling on a price (which was VERY reasonable) we set up the date for work to begin. On the day the crew arrived, the project manager (Mike) introduced me to his crew. Dennis Iloff, Jr. Lopez, Alvin Hernandez and last (but certainly not least) Ricardo “Rickey” Duenas. While Mike was tending to other jobs, Ricardo was my point man. He asked all the right questions, always informed me of what the tasks of the day were going to be and answered all my questions with a smile. This crew was thorough and they all seemed to be having fun while working very hard. I couldn’t be happier with the finished product. Bob Lyon is probably the nicest guy you’ll ever meet and his employees show it too. Give them a try. You will NOT be disappointed.

Description of Work
Whole House Re-Paint

Category contractors,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

Review for King of the Painters Inc - 4155 Camino Alegre, La Mesa, CA - 37396232

09/11/2018

Timothy B.

We contracted King of the Painters to paint the exterior of our home in Clairemont after reading customer reviews about their services. We met with the companies owners who were very helpful in helping us select a new house paint color scheme. The workers were on time and cleaned up the work site each afternoon. We had a few issues with the job and called them to report the issues and they were very quick to come out to correct the discrepancies. We would recommend using them to anyone.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

06/08/2017

Jonathan L.

I can't say enough about them. They are an outstanding outfit. They do a ten year warranty on their work. I have an area of peeling of the wood, and they are going to take care of it. Some sun damaged. Its old wood.

Description of Work
They painted the outside of the house. The treating the wood, sealing it, sanding it down. Doing it properly. They did brick walls as well.

Category house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

04/13/2017

Steven B.

There was no charge for the estimate. The experience was very good. They set up appointments and came when they were supposed to. They spent at least an hour doing their estimate. They were on time and if was going to be late then they called. If I was to do another paint job, I would call them for an estimate. I had a wide range with prices and I choose another company due to pricing. I did choose the company with the lesser price. The estimates that I received all seemed to be providing about the same service, so I decided to go with the cheaper one. The one that I choose to go with was about $3000 less than the others.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate on exterior painting.

03/24/2017

Douglas B.

So far they did very good. We got three different bids and they were very close. Depending on how well they do we will use them again. We had looked at other people who recommended them, and If they do as well as those people had decided we will certainly use them again.

Description of Work
They gave an estimate. They did come out and check, they weren't sure whether there was a problem with some of the painting, whether the old painting that had to be completely sanded off or treated somewhat, they did come out and do that. That was not a problem, neither with the house up above, the eaves area.

03/17/2017

Jude S.

We had two or three estimates from different companies. At the time other issues came up and we decided to postpone painting the house. The estimate was free. The quality of the estimate and the detail into which they looked at the house as we walked around it and looked at it to really make sure they understood what would be necessary in preparation and repair, I think was quite detailed and I thought it was excellent. They were on time and kept their word of that appointment. They didn't walk up, look at it and give me an estimate. They actually walked around and told me verbally before they wrote up the estimate all of the issues that they thought needed to be addressed and the ones they thought did not, and how they could be addressed and what our different options were. Then they prepared an estimate for us. I don't remember it clearly but I think it was 2 or 3 variations on a theme depending to what detail we wanted them to do certain kinds of repair work during preparation. I thought it was completely professional and believable estimate. It was a very good experience. I remember that we did not rule out any of the estimates based on price. All the prices we were given seemed appropriate and in line with the detailed level of work that was to be performed. They would certainly be on our list if we decided to go back after it and actually get the house painting this year. we would certainly consider them. I don't know that I would ask them to come and give us an estimate or not, but they are absolutely on the acceptable list.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate when we were getting ready to paint the house for exterior painting of the entire house.

10/29/2016

Toni D.

I would recommend them to friends. They are good with clean up and work fast. They were done in just a few days. I would use them again if needed.

Description of Work
We hired them to paint the outside of our home.

Work Completed On 07/29/2016

05/12/2016

Carolyn F.

We were impressed right from the beginning when we met the owner, Joey to discuss our needs and get a quote. Fantastic response to questions/concerns all during the project. Very punctual and courteous crew with attention to detail and clean-up each day. If you're looking for a painting company who is thorough and detail-oriented, plus listens and responds to your requests, then King of the Painters is who we would highly recommend. Well worth the cost for a professional job and superior service. Our home looks better than it did new!

Description of Work
Exterior Paint 2-story home: with 3 colors plus paint security gate plus repair stucco & paint 140 linear feet of canyon wall, and our shed. Used high quality Dunn Edwards exterior paint.

Work Completed On 03/31/2016

Review for King of the Painters Inc - 4155 Camino Alegre, La Mesa, CA - 31760311

11/13/2015

Michele S.

We were very pleased with the expertise and service from King of Painters. Joey has an excellent eye for detail and his recommendations on colors and finishing detail was exceptional. They pay attention to detail and the entire project went so smoothly. We are very pleased with the new look and quality of work that went in to our home. Very professional and we would recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Paint Exterior House and concrete stain

Category concrete repair,house painters

Work Completed On 11/13/2015

Painting, acoustic ceiling removal, texturing, waterproofing, crown moldings & baseboards, stucco repair, epoxy flooring, and power washing.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Check