A-Team Residential Remodeling

Founded 2008 • With Angi since September 2011

A-Team Residential Remodeling is family-owned and operated right here in San Diego, CA. Other companies may offer similar services, but our services are the best, and come with a personal touch. We have over 28 years of experience in home remodeling, bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, carpentry,

home remodeling (105)electrician (36)interior painting (35)drywall (25)plumbers (24)lighting (24)window replacement (21)tile installation (21)flooring (16)countertop installation (14)door installation (13)woodworking (10)

11/11/2021

Robert A.

A-Team Residential Remodeling really brought their "A-game" to our kitchen and laundry room remodel. Jeff Raleigh, the owner, is extremely responsive and monitors the work closely. His team, and the subcontractors were equally professional and did quality work. I recommend A-Team Residential Remodeling without reservation.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Laundry Room Remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/02/2021

Thanks [Member Names Removed] I really appreciate all the work! Thank You again! Jeff

06/27/2021

Rachel E.

It's impossible to find a contractor that is better than Jeff and his A-team crew. My husband and I have worked with him on several projects over the years on our journey to remodeling our forever home. We've consistently been impressed with Jeff's responsiveness, honesty, and genuine decency that's normally absent from most contractors. Jeff has never blown us off; in fact he typically responds almost immediately to our inquiries, making us feel valued and heard (which is nice b/c remodels can be quite stressful and we never felt alone or abandoned when we've partnered with Jeff and my husband and I have particularly high standards!). Jeff and his A-team truly go above and beyond to deliver extraordinary courteous, timely customer service and GORGEOUS craftsmenship. His prices are absolutely reasonable and an incredible deal for the value of the work, which is of highest quality. Take a look at the remodel before and after photos here...his team totally transformed our home and we love it! You will not regret partnering with Jeff's A-team!!! Our next home project is exterior work and my husband and I will absolutely be calling on A-team again for those services. There's no one else we'd even consider for our home remodeling needs!

Description of Work
General home remodeling

Category countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/27/2021

Review for A-Team Residential Remodeling - 9965 Pandora Dr, La Mesa, CA - 39385165

Thanks guys for all the work! It turned out so beautiful! See you soon! Jeff

02/09/2021

Nicole D.

Jeff and his team were absolutely amazing. Always on time, never left a mess behind after a day of work, and so professional. With the pandemic going on, I was weary of letting others in my home. However, Jeff and his workers were extremely cautious and always wore a mask. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category home remodeling

Thank you again for all the work, it was greatly appreciated! Jeff

07/16/2020

Erin C.

Great! Many contractors won't touch a botched job from a prior contractor. However, my neighbor just finished a whole-house remodel with Jeff and recommend that I call him. When I called Jeff and explained the situation, he agreed to come out and take a look. He opened the stucco around the sliding door and realized that the prior contractor had not only installed the incorrect door but had damaged the stability and waterproofing of the frame to which the sliding door was attached. He and his team removed the faulty door, repaired the damaged frame, installed the new door, repaired the wall, replaced the interior trim, replaced the stucco, and painted the stucco. Jeff communicated with me promptly and clearly at every stage of the project. They were professional and attentive to details. They showed up when they said they would every single day of the project. And, they cleaned up after themselves! We are getting ready to design and build an additional dwelling unit (ADU) and will definitely ask Jeff to bid on the project.

Description of Work
Repair of a sliding door that was incorrectly installed by a previous contractor.

Category drywall, home builders, stucco, doors

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thanks so much for the work, I'm so glad we were able to remedy this job for you and do it right. Hope to work with you in the future! Jeff

07/16/2020

Andrew P.

Full house and backyard remodel minus the kitchen

Description of Work
I felt compelled to write a follow up review because, as a customer, I would have liked to hear about how the build held up after the remodel. It’s been a year and a half since A-Team did an extensive remodel on my home and backyard and it looks just as good as Jeff and his team left it. In my previous review, I raved about the quality of the workmanship and now I can attest to the fact that the work done is solid. The beating it has taken from 3 dogs, 2 children and all of their friends has been no match to the thoughtful design and quality of work performed. My family can’t thank Jeff and his team enough for the home they’ve customized specifically for us.

Category closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you so much for the follow up review! So glad that everything is still looking good! Talk soon. Jeff

07/14/2020

Elaine S.

It was great. They did such a wonderful job. It is obvious that the team that did our patio have worked together for a while. It went like clckwork. And it came out beautiful. We are very happy.

Description of Work
Patio Cement pour

Category concrete repair, garage builders

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

07/14/2020

David P.

A-Team Residential Remodeling recently completed our 8 month major home renovation including all three bathrooms, the kitchen, new LED lighting and electrical throughout, a new entertainment center, installation of all new duo-pane windows (54 of them), complimented by the final step, a superb exterior paint job. Most of the work was done by the exemplary A-Team RR workers, headed by Jeff Raleigh. And when Jeff subcontracted out (the electrical, plumbing, and decorative wood working for our all-new custom kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, and a full-wall entertainment center) the companies and people Jeff referred us to were equally exemplary. In the interest of brevity, I’ll just use a few words and phrases that represent Jeff and his A-Team RR Team: Thorough, neat, respectful of our home and of us, careful, conscientious, fair, meticulously clean, prepared, diligent, customer-first approach. Also of note, A-Team RR minimized our inconvenience (in 8 months, we only had to vacate our home for three nights – each time for demolition), otherwise, they worked around us, and cleaned up perfectly at the end of each and every work day.

Description of Work
Home remodel (extensive)

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, garage builders, home builders, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Thanks so much Dr. D, I'm so glad we worked together and happy that your enjoying all the work. Talk soon! Jeff

07/03/2020

Steve K.

We were 100% satisfied with the work done and very impressed with the workers. They were polite, friendly and professional. We highly the A Team.

Description of Work
We had our bathtub taken out and a new porcelain shower put in, new porcelain floor, new counter top and sinks, new fan/heater, lights - added light in shower, and new toilet.

Category garage builders, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

06/19/2020

Richard N.

Jeff and his crew arrived as promised. They took out the old door and installed the new custom made door in about 2 hours. Very impressive. He even did some extra concrete work that he didn't charge for. I would recommend his services to anyone looking for a home remodel.

Description of Work
Replaced an old kitchen door that was rotted

Category doors

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

Thanks for the great review, we appreciate the work and hope to see you you in the future. Jeff

04/10/2020

Thomas D.

Outstanding work, fair price! Jeff was very easy to work with and his strong, hands-on construction experience brought confidence to every step of the project, starting with the initial estimates and planning. Other contractors sent suits to do the estimates and I doubt that they even new what a level was. Angel is a true craftsmen/artist and Johnny was a pleasure to work with. Call Jeff and his A-Team, you will be very happy!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

Thanks for the kind words and for all the work. We appreciate it. You and your wife were great to work with. Hope to see you soon. Jeff

04/25/2019

Robert D.

My wife and I agree that Jeff and Johnny did an absolutely professional job! Highest quality work done in a very timely manner. Friendly, top-notch contractor that we plan to use again for our kitchen remodeling job. Very happy, Bob DeLaMartre

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category countertops, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

Thanks guy's for the work. We really appreciate the kind review! Jeff

02/07/2019

Andrew P.

We cannot say enough positive things about Jeff and his team: Angel, Hector, Mike, Johnny. Their quality of work throughout the house and backyard is simply the best. They worked as if our home was their own, so everything had to be perfect which was a higher standard then mine which was contrived by all of the home improvement shows on TV (they only show the good ones). Jeff really has great ideas when your knee deep into the remodel and offers these ideas if you want to push it to fit your personality and your family's lifestyle (We wanted luxury and durability. He quickly understands your tastes as the remodel unfolds and more collaboration happens). That is not to say you have to put forth a ton of money to get that custom look, rather the vision that he has and suggestions he makes, even with low cost intricate details, puts the remodel over the top. Of course you have to have a team that can execute to that vision, which he definitely has. Now, on to what you may be looking for in contractors that your trusting with one of your most valuable assets, your home: Jeff, Angel, Hector, Mike and Johnny were so respectful to me, my wife and kids and even our crazy dogs. They showed up on time, every day and if there was going to be a hiccup anywhere, Jeff was honest and forthcoming whether it was having a cost increase on material purchase due to things out of his control (we had a previous gas leak that A-Team addressed when remodeling our BBQ island. Jeff let me know these materials were not cheap and the labor was going to be extensive, however, it wasn't as bad as I originally thought because Jeff thought of a better solution) or if he was going to show up a half hour later then originally planned. His crew cleaned up after each hard day's work understanding that we were going to be living in the house during the remodel. Payments were made during the remodel after the work was done and Jeff made this part of the process easy. I knew what I was paying for. I think we would have hit his original estimates 100%, however, I asked for upgrades during the remodel which increased the cost of the project. WARNING: You might get caught up in the high quality of work and want to do more then you originally planned and conveniently have A-Team resources already at your house. Jeff understands the strengths of his team members, so if he brings in another sub-contractor, it is someone he has already worked with and he manages when this work will be done as it integrates with his team's work (ie. Measurement and installation of glass shower doors). Jeff holds these sub-contractors accountable to the same high quality standards and customer care. Lastly, Jeff was with us when we made the choices for some of the core materials, ie. cabinets, flooring, tile, counter tops. He also made this part of the process very easy, providing suggestions, enduring patience and guidance on overall budgetary implications. I was in the know of most if not all of the material costs whether I paid for them or he paid for them up front. A-Team is not the cheapest, nor are they the most expensive, but their work is second to none and we feel very lucky that we made the choice to have them do the work on our home.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Oasis, Master Closet, Barn door installation, Hallway Bathroom, Bedroom custom work, Downstairs Bathroom with feature wall, Reface Fireplace, Interior Painting entire house, Demo existing and rebuild new Backyard Patio Cover with multiple ceiling fans, demo existing and rebuild new BBQ Island design, existing Palapa remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

Thanks guys for all the work! We all appreciated your families hospitality and all the work we performed. Talk soon. Jeff

08/03/2018

Scott M.

I hiredJeff back in 2013 to redo my bathroom and was happy with the results so I contacted him again to get a kitchen remodel estimate. Of the four companies I contacted Jeff was the first to respond, on a Sunday none the less. The next day he came out to provide the estimate; at this time none of other companies had even called me back. While I chose to not pursue the project at this time, had I done so I would have hired Jeff. He is reliable, professional, and appears to care about building a good reputation for the long haul.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Thanks, Maybe next time. Best of luck to you. Jeff

07/23/2018

Carla J.

Jeff and his team are phenomenal! I initially contacted Jeff to have my master bath remodeled and was so impressed with his knowledge, helpfulness and willingness to go the extra mile that I asked him to do my guest bath and kitchen as well. I’m over the top happy with how everything turned out. Jeff is very personable and easy to work with. He always does what he says he’ll do and then goes above and beyond that. He really helped me figure out what would work for tile, countertops, cabinets, lighting, fixtures, everything! I wouldn’t have the gorgeous kitchen I now have without his guidance. Angel, Hector, Mike and Johnny are polite, respectful, punctual and above all very talented. The A-Team’s attention to detail is exceptional, and they never failed to clean up thoroughly at the end of the day. Jeff also kept within my budget and offered ideas to stay within. I could go on and on but I’ll just say, hire the A-Team, you will not be disappointed!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel (two) and kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/23/2018

Thank you so much! You are awesome! Everything turned out great! Talk soon. Jeff

07/09/2018

PATRIZIA S.

We are a married couple in our late sixties and because we are women it has been a challenge to find contractors who would listen to our remodeling goals and be responsive, respectful, and honest. We give the A-Team the highest possible recommendation for contractors. The owner, Jeff Raleigh together with his superb crew Johnny, Angel, and Hector remodeled our kitchen that had not been upgraded since the 1960's and they did an incredible above average job. The entire team was skilled, respectful, friendly, and unfazed by unexpected challenges that come from working on an older house. They were immediately responsive to our needs throughout the 6 weeks project. Jeff was careful to keep us informed in a timely manner about schedule changes and costs as the project moved forward, so unexpected surprises were kept at a minimum. Of course the price for this project did not include new appliances but it was very reasonable compared to five other bids. All remodels have unanticipated problems caused by issues uncovered during demolition, bad timing of deliveries, miscommunication with providers, and so on. But Jeff and his A+ crew handled these unexpected glitches calmly and reasonably, and managed to juggle schedules to meet those challenges without disruption or delay. These skilled professionals made what could have been an extremely stressful experience as easy as it could be under the circumstances. We were always happy to see whichever member of his crew was scheduled to work that day (Johnny,Angel or Hector) and appreciated their good humor, as well as their excellent work, especially refreshing how well they worked together. Therefore we recommend the A-Team for their excellent performance and without reservation.

Description of Work
Old kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you for choosing my company and all the work. Your kitchen looks great! Jeff

06/25/2018

Alex E.

ON TIME AND ON BUDGET! After dealing with contractors for decades for both work and personal projects, for once I had an honest, hard-working and detailed orientated contractor. Jeff was great from the start and his crew: Johnny, Hector and Angel always showed up on time, worked hard and locked up and set the alarm when they left. Right from the start, Jeff recommended that since I'm converting a room from a bedroom to a laundry room, that I should get city permits. I was planning on doing that anyhow, but when a contractor is confident in his work being inspected by a city inspector, it’s a good sign. Getting a permit is more complicated than I thought and required blueprints and plans. Jeff got me in touch which someone that did the blueprints and plans and even went to the city to wait in line for approval. The work was solid and Jeff took care of all my “punch list” items. The city approved the work without question and my family is enjoying our laundry room upstairs instead of in the garage. Additionally, Jeff did some pretty cool work with color changing LED lighting in our bonus room (which now has a closet from space from the new laundry room). All and all, Jeff and A Team Remodeling is outstanding, up-front and fair with pricing. I can’t wait for our next project to hire Jeff again.

Description of Work
Relocating downstairs garage laundry into upstairs bedroom

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/07/2018

Review for A-Team Residential Remodeling - 9965 Pandora Dr, La Mesa, CA - 37492614

Thanks guys it was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to future projects! Jeff

04/28/2018

Adam C.

Jeff and his team did an amazing job remodelling our small and dated kitchen. We were able to nearly double the floorspace and raise the ceiling to make the kitchen feel more open and modern. Jeff was super responsive and communicative throughout the entire process. He met all time commitments and stayed within the original cost estimate. His attention to detail is phenomenal. He kept track of every addition and change that we made and nothing went overlooked. Every member of his team was friendly and a pleasure to work with. They were even patient with our two young kids as they followed them around pestering them with questions We so happy with how our kitchen turned out and glad that we went with A-Team.

Description of Work
we needed a complete remodel of a dated kitchen that was poorly laid out

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

Thanks guy's. I Appreciate the work and I believe everything turned out beautiful. What a difference. Jeff

04/02/2018

Kathy/John D.

Jeff and his team were amazing from start to finish. We had an old shower that needed a complete overhaul including new plumbing. Over the past year, we've had at least five contractors come to our home and take a look at it and provide estimates. Let me tell you we've been through the ringer on contractors , not only on this project but many others, and Jeff takes the cake as the all time best group of people we've ever worked with. He and his team do what they say they'll do. So refreshing. They showed up on time, kept great communications, were polite and pleasant to work with (they were my roomates for about two weeks...I'll almost miss them:)), and above all were highly skilled. More like artists than just contractors. They were the cream of the crop in terms of competence, skill, communications, dependability and reliability. We're very pleased and I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Master Shower Renovation

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/03/2018

Thanks again for the work. I look forward to working with you in the future. Jeff

02/07/2018

Jim G.

3-week job scheduled to be completed December 22nd was finished one month late (7 weeks total). About half of the delay was understandable due to the holidays, etc., but the other half was pretty obviously due to waiting too long to order supplies. Jeff, the owner, forgave a modest amount of money in compensation, which was cool, but his crew also never showed up for punch list corrections that they themselves pointed out needed to be done. I never bothered to follow up because they were minor, I did them myself, and frankly, I didn't want to wait yet again. By the end of the project, communication was one-sided (me reaching out to inquire about the last delay). The A-Team does A-quality work but needs to up their game to bring their responsiveness and communication to the same level (easily done, in my opinion). Final word: I recommend the A-Team and figure my experience was probably an anomaly.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

1st I want to thank you and your wife for the work. I could give you 5 reasons why things were delayed but I wont. I apologize for those and I will take full responsibility for any delays. I should have been more clear about template times and fabrication times, they don't always come in on time, some you wait longer for Than others. When a delay or 2 happens it has a tendency to have a trickle down effect till the job is finished and that is what happened. I hope we do business again so I can prove that this case was an anomaly. Thank you! Jeff

01/27/2018

Alex N.

Jeff and his team were excellent. He is incredibly responsive, was able to work with our schedule, everything got done on time and the prices were very good. Highly recommend his company for any kind of work that you need to have done.

Description of Work
Tearing down a non-load bearing wall and creating a half wall

Category remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/27/2018

11/04/2017

victoria B.

Jeff Raleigh and A-Team are professionals who demonstrated skilled, workmanship. They adhered to precise timelines and finished the project as scheduled, even with the add-ons we requested. They cleaned up very nicely at end of each workday, and were punctual upon their return the following day. Always courteous and very upbeat. Great crew!! Fantastic service!!

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodeled. Upgraded hall bathroom, changing flooring from carpet to tile, painted and changed hardware on vanity, and replaced shower head. Installed new garage side door. Cut up wall storage unit into 3 separate pieces, making it more functional to add storage to closet and office. Replaced fascia board above garage door. Overall, it went very well. We love our bathrooms!!

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

Thank you guys for all the work! We all look forward to working with again. Jeff

11/01/2017

Barbara J.

Perfect, and ahead of schedule. It turned out beautifully, Jeff has a real keen eye for quality work and reasonable rates.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel ,all new appliances,cabinets,flooring,lighting.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2017