Crown Point Clippers Inc Tree Service

Founded 1979 • With Angi since September 2006

1382 Rodeo Dr

La Jolla, CA 92037

Crown Point Clippers is a qualified tree trimming (including palm trees) company offering Lacing, Pruning, Tree Thinning, Tree Removal, Tree Stump Removal and Grinding, Tree Root Pruning, Crown Reduction....

01/25/2021

Patricia P.

They came the same day for the quote, we've used them twice now and both times we've been very happy with them.

Description of Work
I want to remove overgrown hedges that are now trees growing in a concrete planter box on my patio. I would like to remove the roots as much as possible to prevent damage to the patio.

05/27/2019

Mary O.

The tree work went very well. David Hingeley, an arborist, came out and gave me a good analysis of my options for either removing a tree or reducing its height. We decided to reduce the height and take another look at the tree in 12 months. There was a break in their schedule so the work could be done within the next week. He came out the day of the work to be done and showed his experienced employees exactly what to do. They worked quickly and efficiently. He returned when their work was done to see if I was satisfied. They reduced the height of another tree at the same time. I am very pleased with their work and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Tree either removed or height lowered

Category tree service

It was a pleasure doing business with you [Member Name Removed]. Thank you!

10/17/2018

Billy W.

2nd time i've used them and the have done a super job each time.

Description of Work
TAKING A TREE DOWN AND REMOVING THE STUMP

06/24/2017

michael C.

Contacted David to give me a quote to have a tree removed and I also needed 4 stumps grounded. Not only was his prices much lower than his competitors, but he was able to have the tree removed the same day and did the stump grinding the following day. His crew was very polite, super fast, cleaned up after they were finished and did an excellent job. Very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Tree removal/stump grinding

05/22/2017

Marcia A.

Very nice crew, neat work, happy with outcome and would use again

Description of Work
Huge tree removed from front yard, and stump ground out. All remaining trees trimmed.

10/29/2016

Lionel W.

Did not use service. This service was contacted later than two other service providers and consequently its bid did not meet our desired start work date.

Description of Work
Trim/shape one medium tree.

10/17/2016

Marian B.

Good. Trees trimmed and area cleaned up.

Description of Work
Trimmed 3 large trees.

09/13/2016

stevon L.

The work went extremely well. Crown Point Clippers was able to work with me on pricing in order to fit my tight budget. A crew arrived on time, they were friendly and professional. They removed the large Chinese Elm from my front yard (including the stump) within a few hours. I would definitely hire them again and am happy to recommend their service.

Description of Work
Large tree removal and stump grinding.

07/27/2016

Gayle B.

very well. work was completed in a very professional manner. Crew appeared at designated time, worked efficiently,cleaned up and knew what they were doing. Price was fair and will use their services again when needed

Description of Work
tree trimming

07/11/2016

Betty S.

It is hard to get a hold of them. When they pulled out a tree, they forgot to grind the stump. Even though they came back, I had to wait for them again. It was very hard to reach the owner. I had to wait for the call like two days later. I would use them again depending on the price.

Description of Work
I used Crown Point Clippers.

02/23/2016

Betty S.

They were not very, very good but they were okay. The last couple of roots were not grounded. The owner is very busy all the time. Every time I contact them, it took them a long time to return my call and respond to my request. It was kind of annoying.

Description of Work
I used Crown Point Tree Service.

11/12/2015

Nancy C.

Two very pleasant guys showed up at 7:30am and their crew of 4 worked until 4. Beautiful job and great price. I want to warn you, that I have used them a lot (10+ times) and they have a huge problem with communication. Whoever answers their phones doesn't reach the owner, David who is the ultimate boss. So be super patient and persistent. They are worth the effort to get hold of them.

Description of Work
Lowered the neighbor's brush so we had a view.

08/23/2015

Kristin R.

I used Crown Point 2 years ago for the same service and gave them a B at that time, mainly because their scheduling person was not responsive and it was challenging to get someone to come trim the tree. This time I emailed directly with the owner and that was much easier. A crew was working in Carlsbad and able to come out as scheduled. They did an excellent job trimming the fronds back from the house and cleaned up the area perfectly. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Trimmed back 1 queen palm tree

08/19/2015

Bill H.

Crown Point Clippers was one of three companies that I contacted for an estimate to remove a very tall Palm tree that was in our front yard. I had another company on the way to remove it. While they were on their way, I checked my email and saw that David, of Crown Point Clippers, had asked me if that was a "City Tree" because it was located so close to a sidewalk. I called him. My inintial response was "No, it's in my yard." He cautioned me about removing it before checking with the City. He gave me the phone number to call to see if it was a City Tree. I called right then and was told, "Yes, that is a City Tree" and that I could not remove it without a permit. I called the other company and canelled the removal. I thanked David for his Professionalism and his persistence in having me check with the City. It prevented me from getting into a lot of trouble, I told David that when I recieved the permit the job was his as a way to thank him. I did get the proper permit. Today David's crew arrived on time and did a great job of removing the tree and grinding the stump. They were very, very professsional, They removed the Palm tree and cleaned everything up when they finished. I could not be more pleased. And, oh yeah....after using a lot of other people and companies to get things done---this is my first review and it's here because it was well deserved. Call Crown Point Clippers. You won't regret it.

Description of Work
Removed a Palm tree and ground the stump

04/13/2015

Renee A.

The team arrived on time and worked quickly. Three trees needed to be removed and the stumps ground down. Another tree needed to be severely pruned because it was too big and overgrown. When they finished the cutting and grinding, they cleaned up and took care to make sure that I was satisfied with the work before they left. I would highly recommend them and feel confident in using them in the future.

Description of Work
Tree removal.

03/17/2015

Richard C.

Called Crown Point Clippers- they stringed me along for about 2 weeks- never came out for a quote as scheduled- If they're too busy the TELL me.

Description of Work
Never showed up as promised for initial assessment quote.

Category tree service

[member name removed], we went there as promised on the 25th of February and have the estimate on file as well. I left a voice mail with the cost because you wouldn't provide your email address. I email all estimates so clients have it on file. As you can see from all my other reviews that is not how I run my company. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Sorry about the misunderstanding. David Hingeley Owner

03/16/2015

Jacqueline M.

They did a great Job. The owner is very applicable.

Description of Work
They shaped and pluming.

03/11/2015

Joan G.

It all went very smoothly. They showed up at the right time with all the necessary equipment to get the job done. At the end, they left the yard neat and clean. I have used another tree service over the years and I felt for the work done the price was very good. It was important to know they had insurance coverage and used their own crew.

Description of Work
Removed two trees. Trimmed and laced out 3 junipers. Also trimmed and laced out the following trees :Carrotwood tree ,Pitasporum tree and bottlebush tree. They also did 3 stump grindings.

12/31/2014

Ann M.

On time. Friendly and Professional. Cleaned up all the mess. Trees looked great and grew out nicely.

Description of Work
Reduce height and thin out 5 small ficus trees.

12/15/2014

Elizabeth M.

It took them a few hours. The work was good. They left the area clean when they were done. The workers were good. They did a good job and the price was good.

Description of Work
They cut down two trees.

10/23/2014

Richard M.

We have used David's company Crown Point Clippers a few times over the last 3 years and always have been happy with the service. Today was no exception. They came this morning to remove one leaning palm tree and to trim 8 others. It was a bigger crew than in the past. They were all very friendly and professional, and I'd say our yard, sidewalks and curb are cleaner than they here before. They were done in maybe an hour and a half, which was convenient for us. Crown Point Clippers has consistently given us the lowest estimate from any bonded and insured professional tree company that we have had out to our place. My husband did a lot of research when we first hired them, and we will use them again in the future (hopefully that will be a while, they left the palm trees nicely trimmed back). They have always gotten back to us in a timely way. David, the owner, is very professional and easy to deal with. Francisco, one of his foremen who came out to do the estimate, is also a very pleasant guy to work with. He had done most of the pruning of the trees the last time we hired them. David emailed us the estimate shortly after Francisco had taken a look at our trees. Pauline in the office was also helpful to us.

Description of Work
Remove on leaning tall Mexican Palm tree, trim 8 other palm trees, baul away everything, blow and clean up

09/15/2014

Jacqueline M.

David the owner, is pleasant to work with. I had to reschedule a number of times. He continued to be professional. His team arrived and efficiently began the days work. The entire area was restored to a tidy condition. I have worked with other tree trimming/removal services before. Very pleased with Crown Point Clippers. Would use again.

Description of Work
Remove a large palm tree, chopped stump, disposed of all debris Trimmed 3 other tress.

05/14/2014

Catherine P.

No problems at all. They got right on the job and we're finished in no time at all.

Description of Work
Removed very tall cyprus tree. Hauled away everything and cleaned up area before leaving.

02/10/2014

Jim C.

The trees were trimmed exactly as we asked. The yard was cleaned up completely. They removed all the trimmings.

Description of Work
Trimmed three Mexican fan palms. Removed several years of dry fronds and cleaned up all debris.

01/06/2014

Vonda B.

They were scheduled to come out and provide an estimate between 7:30am - noon. At 11:30am I called because i had not heard from them. No answer. I left a message. No return call for 3 days and then a message was left that they would be coming the next day. I was not asked if this was a good day or if it was convenient. It was not a convenient date or time for me and I have not heard from them since.

Description of Work
nothing

Category tree service

All of us at Crown Point Clippers, Inc work very hard as a team to make sure that our customers are responded to in a timely courteous manner. Unfortunately, there are some instances that arise which we fall short of our goal. It appears that this happens to be one of those times. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused in this instance. We strive hard and have proven over and over again that we maintain a stellar reputation. We hope to get the chance to prove this to you.

Lion Landscape

With 10 years of experience in the field, we specialize in all phases of landscaping, hardscaping, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today! All phases of landscaping, hardscaping, and more! -- Don't see your need on our list of services? Give us a call to further discuss your needs! Don't see your need on our list of services? Give us a call to further discuss your needs!

River Rock Outscape

In House Construction Crews. No Outsourcing. We own our own equipment. Free Estimates. 30% off entire project. We're a locally owned company, knowledgeable and experienced, in our second decade of servicing Southern California homeowners.

Martinez L&R

We offer quality and affordable landscaping services.

California
    CSLB
    06/30/2020
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

San Diego Tree Service, San Diego Tree Trimming, San Diego Tree Removal, San Diego Tree Cutting, San Diego Tree Trimmer, Tree Service, Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Tree Trimming, Stump Removal, Tree Cutting, Tree Trimmer,

Gardening, Lawn Service