House Painting Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since December 2004

Additional Phones - (800) 540-6004, (818) 957-1202, (626) 350-1578, (310) 477-9667, (818) 888-1857, (310) 540-5005, (323) 730-0544. Award wining. 10 employees. Over 730 happy reviews from Angie's List members. Please visit our website at www.housepaintinginc.com

house painting (602)interior painting (305)stucco (81)pressure washing (49)plastering (18)drywall (14)deck cleaning (13)woodworking (12)wallpaper removal (12)window replacement (10)siding companies (10)cabinet refacing (5)

11/05/2022

Richard T.

Great job! We have an old home (almost 100 years) and there was a lot of patching and repair needed. The painters were very thorough and conscientious. Once completed, the house looked amazing. I would give this company an enthusiastic recommendation!

Description of Work
Exterior home painting

Category drywall, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 11/05/2022

04/05/2022

Gladstone B.

It was excellent , Mr. Lee, the owner is knowledgeable, excellent and honest. Went within our budget. They go ahead of the schedule with no imperfection.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 09/06/2021

12/10/2021

Ervin K.

They did a great a job, I am very satisfied with them.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my house.

Work Completed On 06/03/2015

Dear [Member Name Removed], Warm wishes from us at House Painting Inc. in this season! Thank you for trusting us with doing our best to make your property look great! Thanks House Painting Inc.

06/21/2021

Abe F.

Totally great group. We had them paint the exterior trim of our two story house (and patch a couple stucco cracks), and they were everything you could ask for: careful, attentive, easy-going, quick at communicating, thorough, patient. Really ideal. High recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior trim painting, a couple stucco patches

Category drywall, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 06/20/2021

02/25/2021

Robert Y.

House Painting Inc did a fantastic job. They were very reliable and professional. They did the job quickly but carefully.

Description of Work
Exterior of house painted

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

02/13/2021

Michael O.

House Painting Inc. did a great job. The house looks great. They worked quickly and were easy to work with.

Description of Work
Exterior Paint and Some Stucco Repair

Category drywall, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

02/11/2021

annelle G.

We have used House Painting, Inc several times over the last few years for interior and exterior painting. Mr. Lee schedules a time to come out for a bid and he is always punctual and pleasant. The painters arrived earlier than their scheduled hour each day which was impressive. The job took four days with most of the work being taping, caulking, sanding and primer. The painters did a really great prep job. They are quiet and constantly working. No loud radio blare, either. There isn’t an errant drop of paint anywhere and all outdoor furniture and plant pots returned to their original location. The trim and the pergola look great and we are very pleased.

Description of Work
All exterior wood trim on house and garage and wood pergola over the back deck.

Category drywall, house painters

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

01/24/2021

Russell V.

Perfect, great guys working and they all worked together and did a beautiful job!

Description of Work
House painting

Work Completed On 01/24/2021

10/07/2020

Kenton R.

House Painting Inc is the best painting company in Los Angeles. We had them for painting our interior stairways.

Description of Work
Painting interior stairways

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

08/06/2020

Ngoc T.

The crew arrived every morning a little before 8am to begin work. They fixed and patched every tiny thing that I asked. They cleaned up thoroughly in the afternoons and essentially turned my home into what it should have looked like years ago. They didn't know it, but I had actually hired them to paint my previous home 7 years back so I sort of knew I was getting quality work. Love the new paint job!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting on Stucco

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

08/05/2020

raquel B.

I cannot recommend House Painting Inc enough. After extensive online research, getting estimates, reading a myriad of reviews, and checking contractor licenses, I can honestly say I picked one of the very best companies to paint the exterior of my house. I contacted them at the beginning of June and got an appointment right away. James came by and did a thorough walkthrough and explained how they worked, showed me references and pictures. I received the estimate a few hours later and was really relieved to see the highest-rated company had the lowest price. I booked the job for mid-July without issues. Son and Martin showed up every day on time, were beyond helpful, and answered all the questions we had. Their prep work was fantastic, they took their time since a lot of my window sills were old and rotted. Also, they patched the stucco around the house so well, I cannot tell there was an issue. They were super professional and respectful. They completed the job this past weekend and I am so happy with how it turned out and the quality of the work. I highly, highly recommend them and will certainly be using them again in the future! Thank you House Painting Inc.

Description of Work
Paint the Exterior of my house

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

Review for House Painting Inc - 3616 1/2 Foothill Blvd, La Crescenta, CA - 38773453

07/31/2020

Kathleen B.

The painters were efficient, clean, neat, and performed several tasks not on the contract (like removing old brackets and repairing drywall). They were always on time and finished the job to the original time estimate. The house is now clean and bright and I'm delighted.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

07/22/2020

Dorinda P.

Communication via email and telephone was very responsive and informative. The contractors were completed the job in 4 days, on time every day, very considerate of my family coming and going and notified when they were Finished for the day. The work was outstanding! I’m very pleased.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of my entire home.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

06/08/2020

Howard L.

Very well I am satisfied with the job The crew cleaned up completely at the end of the job. The job was completed a day earlier than estimated.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

12/12/2019

Homer P.

Very professional crew. Did an excellent job. No complaints.

Description of Work
Complete exterior painting of house and trim

Category pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

12/03/2019

WENDY G.

Great. Came the same day for an estimate. $7000 for 1800 sq. ft. one story home, stucco repair and trim. My other bid was $11,000. I didn't bother with more bids because I was so impressed with the bid process, recommendations from prior customers, letters, etc. Great decision! They helped with color selection. Showed up promptly. Protected plants. Cleaned up beautifully. Worked Saturday to finish because of rain delays. Careful prep. Work is gorgeous. This is a great family owned firm, a dad and two sons. Been in business 40 years! I'm so grateful I found them. Done in a week, despite rain delays.

Description of Work
Repaint 1931 Spanish Stucco home

Category pressure washing, wrought iron, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your fantastic review of our work! Our business thrives on reviews that show how dedicated we are to our customers. House Painting inc.

09/30/2019

Richard M.

The Prep, Prime and actual Painting of everything listed on the estimate, was quick, completed, and professionally done, as promised.

Description of Work
Stucco Repair, Stucco Painting, Wood Trim and Patio painting.

Category plastering, replacement windows, pressure washing, stucco, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

08/16/2019

Susan C.

James' crew just finished painting the exterior of our house today in Sherman Oaks. We are very happy. A few highlights: --We had 3 companies give us bids, and James was the only one to give us references, and it was 2 pages long! --He also took the time to show us a portfolio of his past projects. --He was honest about whether we needed to repaint, saying it wasn't urgent (but we wanted to anyway). --He always answered my emails promptly. --His crew showed up on time every day. --They were polite, quiet, and neat. --Their prep was great: everything was covered -- even our pool! --They went the extra mile and re-sanded several areas that didn't look good after the first coat. --We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Exterior Home Painting

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

08/12/2019

Andrew V.

Painters were punctual and professional. Did very nice job on everything, including helping me to choose the color for the patio cover. Clean-up was perfect.

Description of Work
Painting of all fascia boards, front porch posts, shutters on front of house, trim around garage door and all of wooden patio cover.

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

06/18/2019

Craig B.

It went extremely well. The estimator had all the information I wanted on hand (state Contractor’s license, bond, workmans comp, references) and was an engineer’s dream. He sent a 2 person team that was always on time, neat, and professional. The prep work (plastic, taping, hardware removal) was a work of art! One day for prep, 2 days to paint. Didn’t ask for payment until the job was done. I will DEFINITELY use them again!

Description of Work
Repaint living room, dining room, hallway, and stairs.

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

06/08/2019

Caitlin D.

I can't recommend James Lee and House Painting Inc. enough. We got a number of quotes from different companies, all licensed and bonded, and House Painting Inc. came in with the lowest quote without any sacrifice of quality. We were able to book them quickly and the team was prompt, efficient, gracious, and very clean. They spent several days doing excellent prep and repair on the stucco before painting. Even when we had a seeming disaster (once the paint was up, I hated it and decided to change the color), James and the team came up with a solution at a reasonable price and made the change swiftly and seamlessly. I love my new home color and would recommend them to anyone. (The price I provided reflects the base price without a color change. Don't make my mistake!)

Description of Work
Exterior paint job on one-story stucco home

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 06/08/2019

05/11/2019

Terree W.

Requested quote for job and almost 4 weeks later have not received a response.

Description of Work
exterior paint

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], Our estimator attempted to contact you several times to provide you with a painting estimate, but we weren't able to reach you. If you would like to set up an appointment for a free estimate, please give us a call at 1-800-540-6004. Thank you, House Painting Inc.

04/07/2019

tom S.

James Lee came out to review the job within 2 hours of my request & I received a thorough proposal the same day. His price was the lowest of 3 bids received. His crew of 3 came promptly each day, were professionally dressed, worked hard. Before starting, we explained what we wanted. As needed, they asked for clarification before proceeding. The preparation sanding and patching was done carefully. Our brick driveway & concrete areas were covered for protection. Windows were covered in plastic. All work was completed in 4 days, for the agreed on price. We were completely satisfied with the work. We highly recommend House Painting, Inc.

Description of Work
Paint the exterior of 2,000 square foot house & garage.