ABM Electrical Solutions

Founded 1961 • With Angi since May 2012

4.1

152 Technology Dr

Irvine, CA 92618

Additional DBA - Key Electric Inc.

07/27/2008

Suzanne B.

The technician - Orlando - did an excellent job. It took a very long time (8 hrs) because he couldn't drop the cable down from the attic, so he had to go in to our crawl space to pull the cable. The only unpleasant experience was the phone call we received from the company one week after the services were performed asking for payment. Apparently we were supposed to pay COD but were not told of this, so the person on the phone, instead of asking for payment politely (or sending an invoice), essentially demanded payment. A sign of bad economic times I guess.

Description of Work
Cable wall fishing - pulling cable throughout the walls of the house to an outlet so it doesn't have to be draped around the roof.

04/10/2008

JOAN N.

We got several quotes on rewiring our house. Claude, of Key Electric, was lower than the others, although not unreasonably so. We found that Key Electric is a licensed contractor with no complaints registered at the time. But Key Electric hires out subcontractors with apparently only minimal oversight of their work. Claude said he could do the job in a week, but when he showed sans crew we began to think that an underestimate. Three weeks later, Claude was still banging holes in our walls and pulling Romex. Dust was everywhere, and he made no effort to control it. In the process of rewiring, he fried a ceiling fan and broke a light fixture. When he replaced it, it was with fixtures of far inferior quality. The outlets and switches were cheapest possible. Finally we told him to stop working. It was apparent to us that he had underestimated the job. Several years later we discovered that he had not even pulled a permit for the work.

Description of Work
In theory our whole house was to be rewired, the sub-panel moved indoors, and all outlets and switched were to be replaced. In practice only about 2/3 of the house was rewired.

07/07/2007

x X.

Dario Isaza, our technician, is skilled, punctual and very pleasant. He made several trips to our home: first to cut the holes before we plastered, then to install the lights and yet again to try to put a plug in our new wood floor. We are very happy with the location and amount of lighting. We will definitely use Key Electric again and ask for Dario.

Description of Work
Helped us determine what lighting was needed. Installed can lighting in our kitchen(7-6" cans and one 4"can) as well as 3-4" cans and a dual dimmer switch in our living room. For no charge, moved a bathroom outlet a few inches and replaced the existing outlet with a ground fault outlet. Spent a considerable amount of time trying to put in plug in our wood floor. After determining that there was no way to reach the desired location because of multiple foundations, waived the charges.

03/27/2007

GLENN F.

Robert McNeill, came out to give a written estimate. He was wonderful to work with, timely and very professional. He made several suggestions, many that we went with. We accepted the bid and schedule the work for a few days later. Key Electric/Robert showed up on time and did all the work as quoted. When done, he cleaned the work area and explained exactly what he did. I was happy with the work. I would use Key Electric again.

Description of Work
We needed to disconnect and terminate a connection to an old electric spa and turn that connection into an outdoor patio wall plug. We also, wanted to hard-wire a large outdoor BBQ/grill island.

08/29/2006

DONNA D.

Major problems with this company. They use contract electricians instead of employees of the company. The electrician who gave me the initial estimate failed to show. I called the company and first they claimed I didn't have an appointment. They finally called the electrician who said he wasn't coming. They said they would send someone else but he wanted $800 more. I refused. They made another appointment and said they would send the original guy. I took off again. He didn't show. I called and they said they would send another electrician to give me an estimate. I told them I already had an estimate. The guy came and said he would do the job. We made an appointment. During installation he dropped and broke the Casablanca fan. I didn't pay him anything and called the company the next day for them to either replace the fan. The owner wont return my call.

Description of Work
Install ceiling wiring and ceiling fans.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

08/28/2006

GRETCHEN A.

Excellent responsiveness; came out the same day contacted for estimate; very neat job.

Description of Work
Two jobs: (1) troubleshooting and repairing a circuit; (2) rewiring and installing four ceiling fans and a bathroom light.

08/23/2006

DOUGLAS K.

Tech Luis DelaTorre explained each step he did and was willing to answer any questions I had and then took my concerns into how he would complete the work. Honest and kept his word about the price of the work. The only concern I had was that the office did not let me know that Luis wasn't coming on the original day and time agreed upon and I let Luis know that the office didn't call me. He apologized about the mix-up and then finished the work without any further mix-ups.

Description of Work
New bathroom light/fan installed and rewiring of fan done. Reframed new fan to fit opening.

08/21/2006

MICHAEL C.

An electrician came to the house to provide the quote. Was enthusiastic and seem to know what he was talking about. Provided a competitive quote. The electrician and two crew members came to do the work on the schedule day. Although they stated from the start that they would need to make holes in the walls when necessary. I guess they found that each & every switch & plug required make a new hole. They installed a new bathroom fan/light without connecting the vent. They left a couple of connections undone. Although they put in two very long 2 days (8:00 to 9:00), I felt like they were rushing. It turns out the crew leader was starting a vacation the next day. Finally, they were supposed to pull permits with the city & did not. They said since they were simply replacing the same, permits were not necessary. Not true.

Description of Work
Install new sub-panel and home rewire.

07/20/2006

GAIL B.

I am very pleased with the work done by Mr. Luis Gomez. He was very careful to explain everything that he was either going to do or needed to do in order to get the job done correctly and safely. He answered all questions and was very personable and easy to talk with. He never made me feel like he was too busy to stop and answer my questions and concerns. I have another ceiling fan for another bedroom, and I will again call Key Electric and ask them to send Mr. Luis Gomez out to do the job.

Description of Work
I needed a ceiling fan installed in a bedroom where there was no existing ceiling light fixture, so therefore there was no power, and I also needed a hanging light fixture replaced over my stairway. Mr. Luis Gomez was sent out and gave me a very good estimate. After I finally decided to go with Key Electric, Mr. Luis Gomez returned to do the work. It involved cutting a hole in the ceiling and then going into my attic to run power to the new area for the ceiling fan, assembling the fan, and then hanging the fan in just the right spot, which Mr. Luis Gomez had no trouble in doing. Replacing the stairway hanging light fixture was going to be trickier because of it's location and the need for a very tall ladder over the stairway, but Mr. Gomez figured that out with no problem, maintaining his safety on that high ladder and took down the old hanging light fixture and hung the new hanging light fixture with no problem, being very careful to not smudge the glass pieces to the light fixture.

06/24/2006

CAROLINE L.

Great! The electrician was on time, quoted the price up front, and finished in less than an hour.

Description of Work
Fixed electrical switch that had a short in it.

06/05/2006

HELEN E.

Luis arrived on Monday around 10:00 AM. I informed him I had not purchased a fluorescent fixture but had instead purchased a track fixture. He said ''no problem'' and set to work. After he had everything installed and all the lights on the track, he took his time and worked with me to adjust and relocate lights on the track to give maximum illumination to all the work areas. He did not try to rush or hurry me, and I did change my mind on some locations a couple of times. He was pleasant, very accommodating, cleaned up after himself, even took my old fixture to dispose of it. This was a wonderful experience, and if he is typical of Key Electric's technicians, I will use them with no hesitation on future jobs.

Description of Work
This was a very small job. The fluorescent fixture in my kitchen would not light. I called Key Electric on Friday, 6-02-06, and their technician Luis DeLaTore was sent. He stated that the ballast was out and would have to be replaced. After informing him that the fixture was older than 10 years, he recommended replacing the whole fixture. I agreed and stated I would buy the fixture over the weekend, and he could return on Monday to install it. I called Key Electric and informed them, and they said Luis would return on Monday and install the new fixture.

05/10/2006

ANTONE R.

They service was timely. They were polite. They knew precisely what they were doing. They performed per the estimate. I was extremely pleased.

Description of Work
They installed a part on my touch plate electric system.

02/28/2006

MAUREEN P.

This company has helped us numerous times. We actually had a power surge caused by lightning hitting an electrical pole in our area. The tech was at our house within an hour to examine all of our appliances and help save anything he could, all for a very nominal fee. We also needed a new electrical panel for our home (our wiring and fuses were very old). They came in, gave us an estimate and completed the work in just a couple of hours.

Description of Work
New panel and fuse box installation.

07/29/2005

THEY WERE VERY GOOD AND I HAD A VERY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE. A GUY CAME AND DID THE WORK AND I WASN'T REALLY STANDING BY HIS SIDE 24 SEVEN. OVERALL I HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
THEY PUT IN SOME ELECTRICAL WIRES FOR US TO ADD A NEW LIGHT TO OUR PATIO.

07/13/2005

LYNN M.

THEIR EMPLOYEE, MARK MEGRIDICHIAN, WAS STELLAR. HE DID A SUPER CLEAN AND PERFECT INSTALL OF MY CEILING FANS AND CANNED LIGHTS. HE WAS SO GREAT I WILL FOLLOW HIS WORK, WHATEVER COMPANY HE WORKS FOR.

Description of Work
I HAD ALUMINUM WIRING SWITCHED TO COPPER AND NEW CEILING CANNED LIGHTS INSTALLED, AND CEILING FANS.

Spark Electrical Service Inc

Spark electrical service is a leading company that will solve all your electrical needs 24/7 With top notch customer satisfaction All Over los angeles counties . We are fully licensed, Bonded & insured Electrical company . we have a 15 years of experience in all type of electrical service ,our group of professional specialize in the following subjects: Commercial ,Residintial ,lighting ,electrical panels upgrades ,circuit brakers, remodling ,new construction ,re-wiring ,kitchen electrical, All size 220 lines ,recessed lights , chandelier specialist, outdoor lighting, smoke detector & carbon monoxide .

Steve Cavenee Electric

Steve Cavenee Electric has proudly served Southern California, including Orange, West Riverside and East Los Angeles counties for over thirty-five years, since 1980; Licensed and Bonded under California State License number C10 467884. During that time, we have maintained a small crew of electricians, which has allowed us to deliver the kind of personalized service our customers have come to expect. We are happy to offer a $10 Senior Citizen discount for customers over 65, as well as a free service panel "Tune-up" for all Angie's List members, (a $75.00 value). You can reach Steve directly on his cell phone at 714-305-9896.

Offers Coupon

Let there Be Light Electric Inc

Repair/troubleshooting, recessed can lighting, receptacles, circuits & cabling, lighting applications, landscape lighting, motion / security lighting, energy efficiency, lighting, engineering/design, fuses & circuit breakers.