Argyll Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1971 • With Angi since October 2005

109 E Tamarack Ave

INGLEWOOD, CA 90301

Owner-operated. Sewer work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service fees may apply. Additional Phone Numbers - (310) 395-8126 and (310) 672-9284

07/21/2016

Eleanor B.

04/22/2016

Nora H.

07/16/2014

Eleanor B.

We have used Argyll Plumbing and Heating back when it was owned by Russell. He was our first choice for a plumber over 31 years ago when we married and, of course, needed a plumber to fix problems with our old house, including replacing the water heater and moving it outside. Russell worked with us for many years, until he retired and turned the company over to his son, Tommy, whom he trained in the plumbing business. Tommy is every bit the great plumber his father was. He is very congenial, smiles all the time, likes cats (!), and does excellent work. Early this afternoon, I called Tommy to come fix a small problem in a bathroom, and as busy as he is, he called about 2 hours later that he was on his way. Problem fixed. Customer very happy. And off he went to other calls. His business has grown, and Chris and Kirk are also very efficient and likeable employees. BOTTOM LINE: We will use and recommend Tommy and his crew of Argyll Plumbing and Heating for life!!!!

Description of Work
Installed a shower head extension to lower the shower head. My husband tried to do it, and it leaked. Chris and Kirk arrived on time. They were pleasant, professional, interested in my cats (always a plus), and they installed the extension in good time. They also worked on the Master Bathroom sink stopper and got it working. Very nice guys!

03/30/2014

Florence H.

They were very professional and we are pleased with their work. They were on time, worked quickly, and cleaned up after they were finished. Their prices are on the high side but still they are our go-to plumber because they are so reliable.

Description of Work
Argylle replaced a kitchen faucet and garbage disposal. The plumbing was old so it wasn't a routine job.

06/04/2013

Leslie H.

Very well. Argyll showed up within 1 hour of me calling for an estimate. Very chill/nice guy took a look and said it would be easy. They gave me the lowest quote after comparing to 3 other vendors from Angie's List that I looked into. Service didn't take that long, about 1 hour, and he cleaned up afterwards. Great service.

Description of Work
Unclog 2 drains

05/20/2013

Donald R.

It went well. He is the best plumber I've ever had, I've been using him for almost 10 years. He does the work and doesn't have to come back because he didn't complete the job. He is respectful, cheerful, clean, and everything you want when you have someone coming to your house. He doesn't try to build the job up into more than what it should be.

Description of Work
They installed a new shower valve.

12/20/2012

Carolyn D.

Easy to get an appt., arrived on time. There was a mirror directly above one of the sinks in the half bath. He was careful and did not have to remove the mirror. He was efficient and got the job done, was creative in resolving any minor adjustments. Would refer to anyone, good service.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 sinks I purchased.

10/06/2011

Richard T.

see above

Description of Work
We had a leaky shower head because the stems and washers were worn out and we couldn't turn the water off all the way. Tommy was very responsive and communicative. He called when he said he would, was clear in his description of the problem and the solution, and showed patience in explaining things to me. We was very neat and consciencious about leaving a clean room after he left.

07/28/2011

MORTON Z.

Very good job as well as extremely affable and cooperative. A family business and actually fun to talk to. Slightly on the pricier side of expendature -- but so is everything else.

Description of Work
The last time we used them was for a clogged drain. About four years ago, they performed a major copper pipe replacement job plus a new water heater,etc -- and that cost several thousand dollars. We have used them a number of times during the intervening years with very satisfactory results.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

05/11/2011

Kaj R.

Had a major stoppage in drainage. Bathtub starting filling up with washing machine and dishwasher water. Argyll identified the problem, recommended two different solutions at two different price point. They did the job well. They are always very responsive, honest and professional

08/11/2010

Sheryl B.

I called them, and the guy was really nice. I had a good experience with him. He was pretty busy and couldn’t get out initially. He said that he’d probably come the next day. In the meantime, I had called another place. They were supposed to come, but then he called that same morning and said that he could come by if I still needed the work to be done. He came and it took a long time to get that thing out. He really worked at it and got it out. The price wasn’t a lot and the work went well. It was good and I was happy. I would rate him highly and would use him in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
My son threw something into the toilet downstairs and backed it out, and so I got Argyll Plumbing & Heating to come out and fix that.

07/24/2010

MORTON Z.

They are very good. We have had various plumbing difficulties. They did some work with the drainage. I always go back to them. I guess their price is fair since I don’t deal with anyone else. I haven’t used any other plumber for many years now. The quality of his work has been excellent. Sometimes it can take a while for them to respond when everybody is out of the office. They are punctual and are very professional too.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Argyll Plumbing & Heating over the years for all kinds of plumbing problems. Their last visit to my house was several months ago.

01/16/2010

Jean T.

Russell is responsive, prompt, fast, and his prices are reasonable. He uses good materials. He doesn't hesitate to tell you how things should be done, which I've found very informative and helpful. He cares about good service and his customers. We would not think of using anyone else. His son is working for him now and he is good too.

Description of Work
Installation of new water heater this time, but they have also replaced all the galvanized water supply lines in the house, done all of our other plumbing (clogged drains, etc.) for the past 10 yrs.

11/24/2008

Charles B.

We've used them in the past for several jobs, general plumbing stuff, they installed a gas line for our dryer. They've always been professional, friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They came to snake out the line to the city sewer. I can't remember the exact amount they charged...

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

07/12/2008

MORTON Z.

They are excellent and are very good. They are very knowledgeable and have even corrected mistakes made by a previous company.

Description of Work
Did some copper repiping for us and corrected previous worked done by another company.

03/08/2008

ANTHONY A.

They were great. Very punctual and efficient.

Description of Work
The bathtub was backing up and the hot water was taking too long to heat up for the shower. They cleared the stoppage and convinced me that I didn't need a new hot water heater.

Category drain cleaning

05/09/2007

MIMI G.

Excellent. I called late in the afternoon to schedule an appointment. The following morning the contractor arrived on time. He carefully examined the ice cube maker, discovered the problem, but it required an electrician, not a plumber. He did not charge me and was going to leave. But I didn't want him to go without earning pay for his time. I suggested he check out the plumbing in the kitchen and bath. This was a new apartment and I didn't know if everything was in working order. Sure enough, the kitchen garbage disposal was broken and so was the bathroom shower head. He replaced both. He was polite, professional and friendly.

Description of Work
Replaced garbage disposal and shower head. Checked out malfunctioning ice maker on refrigerator door.

04/13/2007

TOM S.

They returned our call quickly and came to do the estimate right away. They were always on time and very respectful of the fact that we had a new baby. They tried their best to be as quiet as possible. They cleaned up well after themselves. We appreciated their work so much that we called them back to install our dishwasher.

Description of Work
They worked on re-piping our whole house with copper(800-900sq feet, one bathroom, and one kitchen). They also threw in water heater and an extra outdoor spigot for free. Other places we called for estimates charged approximately $5,000+ and charged extra for the water heater. No one was nearly as friendly as Argyll.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, water heater repair

02/14/2007

ANNESSA A.

The guy who did the actual installation was very informative. He made sure that we knew exactly how this valve works. He was very kind, and he definitely took his job very serious. We did get a few prices, and this company ranked right there with everyone else. He let us know that if we had any problems to call him immediately. He would make sure he would have someone right out to address our problem.

Description of Work
Argyll Plumbing & Heating installed a new 2" gas earthquake shut off valve to the downstream side of the gas meter.

03/01/2006

CHARRISSE J.

Description of Work
Changing tub faucet, snaking 2 drains.

10/13/2005

MARGARET F.

WE HAVE USED THEM FOR YEARS. THEY'RE EXCELLENT. IT IS A SMALL, FAMILY OWNED COMPANY THAT IS FROM SCOTLAND. THEY KNOW THEIR BUSINESS. THEY ARE DIRECT AND HONEST, AND THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK.

Description of Work
A VALVE ON A WATER SHUTOFF GAVE WAY, AND THEY REPLACED IT.

10/13/2005

WE'VE HAD A LONG TERM EXCELLENT RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS RESPONSIVE AND RESPONSIBLE COMPANY. THE PEOPLE WORKING FOR THEM ARE NICE, FRIENDLY, HONEST PEOPLE. I HAVE NOT PRICE COMPARED.

Description of Work
THEY WORKED ON OUR HEATING SYSTEM.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dial Kyle Plumbing

Hello my name's Kyle. I have been plumbing for 10 years. I only do plumbing. My skills include repair or replacement of the following: toilets, faucets, showers, tubs, water heaters, sinks, garbage disposal and any damaged or leaking piping. I do remodels and re-pipes as well and will need to look at the job before giving a price. The estimate fee will be waived when work is agreed upon.

2022 Super Service Award

Father & Son Sewer Inspections

Father & Son Sewer Inspections offers over 40 years experience in complete sewer and drain solutions: repair, replace and rehabilitate any existing sewer and drain. We pride ourselves on keeping up with the latest technology and equipment to offer solutions to any challenges your home may have. Please call the office the office today to schedule an appointment at (818) 612-2219.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Team Rooter, Inc.

Team Rooter offers quality rooter and plumbing services to our customers in the greater Los Angeles area. This has been our passion! For this reason, our TEAM of professional plumbers and technicians use the latest equipment and state-of-the-art technology to find, diagnose and repair rooter and plumbing problems for our residential and commercial customers. We treat you like part of our TEAM; more like a friend or a neighbor and we aim to bring you the best plumbing experience possible. Whether its a clogged drain or a main sewer line replacement, when you need your job done quickly and correctly at an affordable price; contact Team Rooter . We are your top choice for drain cleaning, sewer repair, waterline repair, and more.

Offers Coupon