A Pete's Concrete

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2008

10716 Firmona Ave

INGLEWOOD, CA 90304

CALL US ANYTIME FOR A FREE ESTIMATE (310) 412-3218 OR (310) 699-4514. Business License#1039509. Have been in business for 23 years. A Pete’s Concrete is a family owned concrete and masonry business serving the Los Angeles Metropolitan area and Orange County. We were established in 1995 and have many years of collective experience in the construction industry. We are able to deliver high quality concrete and masonry services at a fair price. We are dedicated to our work. We check everything twice and make sure all of our projects run smoothly. Our planning and organization skills are pivotal to the successful completion of each job. Our clients appreciate the dedication and effort we put into our projects. Our vast construction experience and attention to detail help us run our job sites on time and on budget. We recognize that building a strong relationship with each client is our key to success. When choosing A Pete’s Concrete, you will get an excellent finished product built with pride and dedication....

07/22/2019

Charlie D.

First and foremost, Pete and his crew are all good guys, courteous, pleasant to talk with, and very hard working. No doubt about it, they know their stuff! Their concrete work is second to none. The finished product is some of the best I've seen. There were two minor issues. One, they damaged a Honeysuckle that was goring over the water spigot trying to access the water spigot. Partly my fault, Knowing how much water it takes for concrete finishing work, I should have pointed it out on the first day. I had to hack down almost all of bush/vines to free the wire trestle to bend the trestle back into shape. Also while they were rooting around for the hose bib they knocked off of the control box for my auto-watering system. A quick reconnect of the control box and all was well. The Honeysuckle has recovered nicely. So... Initially frustrating, in the long run, no harm. Two is he quoted me $3,800.00 for the job. On the day before the pour he told me he ordered a higher grade of concrete and asked for $200.00 more. Now, from my perspective (both professionally and personally) an additional 5.5% on a change order is not unexpected and reasonable so I said fine, no problem. That ate the tip I had planned on giving them anyway so it didn't cost me any more than I planned. And I got a concrete pad I can park an M1A2 Abrams on should the need arise. I highly recommend them. In fact, when I can afford it, I will call Pete back to do my driveway... This time I'll show him where the hose bib is from the front. :-)

Description of Work
Add a 12' x 26' section to an existing patio

05/21/2019

Carolyn G.

Pete came within hours to give an estimate and started 2 days later. His crew was efficient and cleaned up afterwards. They hauled all the trash away and completed installation in 2 days. Pete was on site each day and gave excellent suggestions. I am very well pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Removal of 40ft wrought iron fence and a concrete wall. Replace with a concrete wall

Category concrete repair, fencing, masonry

05/15/2019

Myesha G.

A Pete's was professional, on time everyday and even completed the job early. We got a new concrete wall and we are very happy. We will definitely refer them to anyone who needs work done.

Description of Work
Our concrete wall in our backyard collapsed. We needed it to be fixed immediately before our daughters 5th birthday party at our home.

04/21/2019

Stephen S.

We hired Pita to redo our driveway and entryway steps, as well as to irrigate and landscape our front yard. We are extremely happy with the results. Pita is a master of his craft. He was able to take measurements and quote us a fair price on the spot while others took days to give us a quote. When it came to doing the work, Pita's team is very prompt and does excellent work. Pita is very responsive and patient. We had many questions throughout the job and he always took the time to answer them. He is at the job site every day to supervise his team, and he made sure to check in with us almost daily. We would happily recommend Pita to anyone looking to do concrete work.

Description of Work
Pour concrete driveway, landscape front yard

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, drain pipe, stucco, driveway pavers, hardscaping

03/29/2019

DONNA & MALIK J.

A Pete's Concrete They removed and replace concrete in driveway and concrete on area next to garage. I give them all A's. They were timely, professional, and affordable. Feb.9,2019, Pete came to my home and looked at what i wanted and gave me an estimate. Additionally, he made a great suggestion to concrete the soil area next to the side of the garage. That idea was helpful because I had to go onto the dirt/mud to move trash cans. On Monday, 2/11/2019 Pete and 4 men arrived at 6:45 am. They removed trees next to garage, concrete in front of garage and roots that were under concrete. He removed 3 broken parts of sidewalk; re bars had been placed in all the repaired areas; broken concrete had been placed in a truck with trailer to be hauled away the following day. The job was meticulously cleaned. Pete and his team left at 4 pm. 2/12/2019 Pete and team arrived at 6:45 am; the concrete carrier left; the concrete mixing truck arrived and the cement was poured. Pete's team smoothed the concrete; unfortunately, when they were almost finished, a man walked on to the wet cement …leaving shoe prints. The men tried to explain the mishap. Eventually, the man apologized and offered to pay Pete. Pete did not charge the trespasser. I knew that Pete was hardworking, knowledgeable, organized, and had a hardworking team and other support persons, and his price was fair. What I learned was that Pete when rattled, remains calm, focused on project, and moves forward. In this case, Pete, himself re smoothed the concrete getting rid of the shoe prints. The site was cleaned and all barriers were placed around the site. Pete and his team left at 5 pm. Pete knows his work; has a skilled team that has worked together for many years and has the necessary tools and resources to get a job done.

Description of Work
They removed and replace concrete in driveway and concrete it on next area next to garage.

07/22/2018

RENA H.

We had a complicated job because we couldn't afford to replace an entire driveway, planter and brick sidewalk and steps (having already done it once), but we needed a planter pulled out and re-done, about 35 feet of driveway cut to add a border, and pulling-out to change configuration of a portion of a sidewalk that involved steps. That meant that Pita had to match the work to what was there before.....and since it wasn't "pretty" work beforehand....well, you get it. It was not the best situation to start with, but he did the job very well. Pita and his crew were timely, polite and respectful. There is a teeny language barrier that is more volume-related than anything, I think, but you certainly don't need to worry about making sure you are on the same page...he provides the most detailed quote ever! Most importantly, Pita reached-out to me after the work was done and he was paid because he wasn't happy with one part. He offered, if I wanted, to come and re-do the work at no charge. He said he cares about the quality of his work and it did not make him happy. I must emphasize, I did not reach out to him....his call was entirely unexpected. I was impressed.

Description of Work
Demolish and remove an existing (but extremely damaged), rather short and low planter, cutting part of a driveway to extend a brick border, demolish part of a sidewalk/steps to reconfigure and re-brick it, a couple other small dis-logged brick repairs.

06/22/2018

Prashant I.

We were welcoming and very cordial to Mr. Pita the contractor when he showed up first to understand the requirements for the construction bid. His original bid missed several items which I had noted during his visit, so I reached out to him after he emailed it. Then we had to bring in a surveyor to mark boundaries as it involved a retention wall. The surveyor took a while to finish his job which was more than expected. When the surveying was finally done we invite Pita informing him about the completion of survey, apologizing for the delay and telling him he could finalize the measurements, clarify and add the missed items, He shows up with his tape and levels to finish measurements. I ask him to update the bid and send me an updated retainer. He gets offended when I tell him that we would get back to him the next day after comparing his estimates with two other bids I had. He makes a face saying he was busy already and if we were talking with other people then he doesn’t want to do it. I tell him I will let him know right away the next day if he sends me the updated bid the same night. He starts walking away to his truck in a rude manner. I tell him I mean no offense to him, he would know this is common in this business and I need to compare a couple of bids before I commit to a contractor for a project which is above ten thousand dollars! He drives away without any acknowledgement. If this is how he behaves with a customer before the retainer is signed, I can see how he could behave after the contract is signed and he gets the first payment. Now I doubt the veracity of most of these reviews here. Even when we were taking measurements it seemed like he was expecting me to walk to end where there is dirt and hold the tape instead of him doing that side. If you are not interested in talking a new job why show up and waste the time of a potential customer. It doesn’t matter how busy you are, you are ruining your reputation by being rude to a customer! Glad we dodged a bullet in this project!

Description of Work
Extending concrete deck in the front, build retention walls in the front and right side of the property, planters in the backyard and some patio and wood work

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

12/11/2017

Alexander M.

Pita and his crew did a fabulous job on a long storm drain we needed to install from the side of the house and through the curb. A Petes Concrete was always responsive, timely and answered all the questions we had before we began. On the day of construction the crew showed up on time, worked quickly and kept the job site very clean and tidy. The final job was very well done, on-time and on-budget. I would highly recommend A Petes Concrete for a project.

Description of Work
Stormdrain and curb cut.

Category lawn service, drain pipe

11/07/2017

Steven P.

As always, Pita did an excellent job. He was prompt, punctual, professional and meticulous in his work.

Description of Work
The grading around the foundation of the house needed to be corrected and this involved adding dirt and lifting and resetting portions of the concrete driveway. It also required repairing parts of the concrete driveway.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping

10/25/2017

John B.

Pita did a great job. Fixed it in a day and it matched the surrounding surface. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
I had to have a sewer line excavated and repaired in my front yard entirely under a concrete patio. The repairs left a twenty foot long section missing from the middle of the patio. The entire surface was inlaid with flat stones that needed to match when repaired.

Category concrete repair, patios

10/18/2017

Ken T.

A Pete's (Pita) responded over the phone the same day of my request for quote. He came by the next day and gave the estimate. Crew came on the scheduled date and completed the job as estimated. Job was done well and sincere effort made to clean up the work area.

Description of Work
Installation of 4' wide and 2' wide paver strips around existing concrete cement driveway and walkways. Total area is ~180 sq. ft.

Category hardscaping

10/15/2017

Rene L.

It didn't go well. The owner represents himself as a contractor. I asked for a card but he didn't have one. I would have checked his license no. Peter the owner said the job would be $500, $250 for sealer and $250 for labor. On the second day which was the day he was to start putting sealer down. I came to check on the job and noticed the sealer he was using was 5gal. of Thompson's water seal that only costs depending on where you purchase it $55 to $65 a gal. I called him on it and he said, they told him that was good (Home Depot). I also noticed a gal. of WD-40 and ask what that was for? He told me he put it on the bullnose. I called a paver company and they never heard of such a thing. Peter applied sealer with a roller, the surface is not flat so it didn't cover the low spots well. If he was a contractor he would know the process. When he asked for payment, he attempted to get $500. I didn't went to debate so we agreed and I gave him $400 just to keep piece. It took more than three days to dry. The spots on pictures show all the light spots (shows no sealer). There's much more to this encounter with Peter. This is the gist of what happened.

Description of Work
1. Fill in missing grouted areas of pavers on driveway. 2. Put sealer on pouch, walkway and driveway.

Category concrete driveways

09/04/2017

Caroline D.

Overall the job went great! Pita was professional throughout. He came out one early morning to provide me with a verbal estimate which he promptly followed up with a written estimate. We moved forward with the work. I found his team to be both professional and friendly. The job took only a few days to complete. The patio looks wonderful as do the stairs and block wall. Pita was easy to work with and was open to any issues or changes I wanted a long the way. The only hassle came with the city permit for the dumpster since this needed to be timed with the dumpster company. You as the owner should find out ahead of time if a permit is needed in your area should you need an existing concrete patio demolished before a new one is installed.

Description of Work
Demolition of existing backyard patio and new concrete patio poured. Steps repaired. Side block wall installed.

Category concrete repair, fencing, hardscaping, patios

08/28/2017

Clifton L.

Pita came out and looked at my project. Said he would provide a quote, but never heard back from him. Reached out again through Angie's List messaging, but still no response.

Description of Work
Approximately 20 concrete pads 2'x5' to 2'x6' installed in backyard along with a new set of stairs.

Category concrete repair

[Member Name Removed] unfortunately there was a miscommunication. I came out to look at the job site first, then come back and figure out the cost of the materials and labor before I can submit an estimate. I am sorry if your job got mixed up with another job, and the proposal was not sent to you.

08/18/2017

Frank G.

Mr. Pita Tukutau and his crew did an outstanding job. They showed up on time and demonstrated that they were very experienced and efficient. The job came out great and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I needed a 30ft by 2 1/2ft cement walkway poured.

Category concrete repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for giving me the opportunity to do the job for you. I really appreciate it. Hope you are pleased with work and looking forward to more work in the future. Thanks.

08/18/2017

Frank G.

Completed the work quickly and professionally

Description of Work
They poured a new 22ft sidewalk

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

08/16/2017

Sam F.

It went great, Pita was very helpful and the work was done before I knew it! The wall looks amazing.

Description of Work
Building a block wall along the property line

Category concrete repair, masonry

08/13/2017

Jonathan S.

The driveway looks beautiful!! All the neighbors compliment us how great it looks! People slow down and check it out as they drive by. We are very happy! Now we are having the approach installed. The curb has been cut, the forms are installed and concrete comes next week!

Description of Work
Pita and his crew have been amazing! If you are looking for anything concrete or masonry, call him! We had a completely new driveway installed and then had Pita do the approach as well. Pita is professional, always on time, and a real nice guy. He and his wife make a very strong and helpful team, and his crew is polite, hard-working and efficient. My wife wanted a two-tone style. He found the colors she liked and applied it. Once the concrete cures, we will put on a high gloss so it will look marbled. He works to make the client happy.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, stamped concrete

07/26/2017

Carlene M.

Very pleased with the finished wall.

Description of Work
Cinder block needed repair.

Category concrete repair, masonry

04/25/2017

Maresa K.

Pita was quick to respond to my initial voicemail and came out the same day to give us an estimate. The following day he started the work and finished in 3 days time - because of drying time. We will definitely be using his services again for our ongoing upgrades to our property.

Description of Work
In our backyard we had a basic concrete block wall that we wanted to have covered in a colored concrete.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for giving me the opportunity to work for you. It was my pleasure to service you. I always try to do my best in all the jobs I get and hopefully you are satisfied with my service. I look forward to working with you in the future.

02/22/2017

Matthew R.

Went very well. Incredibly quick response time and scheduling for work. Met all deadlines set. Job finished in 2.5 days.

Description of Work
Walkway to house (concrete and masonry) with stone caps and stucco. New concrete barriers around crawl space.

Category concrete repair, masonry, stucco, hardscaping

02/22/2017

Mike K.

Peter and his crew removed the affected parts of the old driveway. Filled and compacted the area. Inserted rebar, re sloped the driveway directing the water to a sump and sump pump system. This weekend it rained and the system worked perfectly. Peter’s team was punctual and the worksite was neat and orderly. The project was finished on time and on budget. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
I called A Pete’s Concrete to get a quote for repairing cracked and sinking sections of a thirty year old driveway. I always knew that the driveway drained the wrong way into a dirt section near the garage door opening. But the water always drained and I never had any flooding. After we opened up the cracked sections of the driveway, Peter pointed out the cause of the cracking. Water was seeping under the driveway creating an open space.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

01/28/2017

John E.

The job was started on time, and finished on time. I was very pleased with the work he did, as he's a total pro and craftsman and sincerely cares about the finished product and makes sure the customer is totally satisfied with the work they wanted done. Pete is an easy going guy who's easy to talk to so if you ask him to make slight alterations or changes to the finished product he's very accommodative and works to make sure the customer is satisfied above all. I would not hesitate to use him again on other projects in the future, and would have not problem recommending him to friends and family. In shot I'm very pleased with his work! You will find pictures below of the removed concrete area and after the cement was poured.

Description of Work
The entrance or apron to my driveway needed repair as it was to steep causing my cars to scrap their front-ends. Remove old concrete and replace with a swallow grade instead of a steep one.

12/16/2016

LeRoy N.

That was a tough one. The reason I dealt with them is I called three other contractors and no body else was available, so he was the only one available. Their ability was great, timing was great, the price was reasonable. I will give them a B on the price. The quality of the work was not good, I would give them, He had to redo a bunch of it so I would give him a D on the quality. Responsiveness was B. Punctuality was A . Well professionalism and quality sort of go together. He didn't even - I'd give him a C. Putting everything together was a B because we ultimately did get it reasonably fixed, but it was-

Description of Work
Oh God, I don't even what to talk about them. Let me tell you what happened I called them. I talked to a guy. He came out and I had him put some concrete in to patch a cut out that how been made to install an electrical line. I found out later that the guy who come out- and I was not happy with they work that he did. He just poured plain gray concrete into a sidewalk that was colour, and it didn't match at all. He didn't make any attempt to get close. He just pour plain grey concrete into it, so I was not happy with that. I found out that he was actually the cousin of the guy that ran the company. The guy who ran the company was actually on vacation and he was a worker for his uncle or cousin, I dont know which it was, so but he wasn't the proprietor, and he didn't have the contractor's license and he really didn't know what he was doing. To find this out, I let him put an addition to a block wall for me and he did an okay job on that and I had he build a little block wall to replace a wooden fence around my pool equipment and he completely botched that as he was starting to build it, he was building it over the top of a low wall that I had around the pool patio and he was building his block wall over so it jetted out over the top of it in the corner and I said, no, thats not okay. and so they I, in talking to him some more, I figured out he was not who I thought he was, he was the - everybody who was there was all related. they were all part of the same family, but he had done this one he's own without he's- the proprietors knowledge and so I called the proprietor after I figured out that he wasn't the real guy, and he came out and he gave him a stern talking to and told him that he needed to do what ever it took to make me happy. So but there were just a lot of things that ultimately went wrong when he was doing the block wall I realised the blocks that he brought were the right blocks to match the ones already there. Not only were they not quiet the same colour, but - and he was claiming that they were going to be the same, but they were even the same size, they where like 16 inches and the original where 18, it was that big a difference, between these concrete blocks so. It was an amazing experience. Looks like the first one was June 28. So the block wall and the fence, there was three piece and it was approximately 12200. I still haven't found the original thing which I started with which was laying the concrete

Category masonry

09/26/2016

Ricky C.

smoother than i could have expected.not only did Peter come right over for an estimate, but had the job completed ahead of time. Then, he came back the following day to make sure everything was alright and that I was happy with the job done. Very Professional!

Description of Work
small concrete pour and finish in side yard

Category concrete repair

Creative Home Remodeling Group Inc.

Creative Home Remodeling Group is a family owned business with a professional crew that has been working together for almost 15 years. We desire to enhance the lives of our clients by providing high quality projects with hands-on service and minimal disruption to the family environment, building trust through communication and attention to detail. Since 2000, Creative Home Remodeling Group, Inc. has helped Southern California area homeowners make their remodeling dreams a reality. Our experienced craftsmen and personal attention to every project ensures that every customer is 100% satisfied. As the owner, I personally oversee every job from start to finish along with my staff. Once a job begins, you can be assured that each day we will be working towards it's completion. As a member of NARI, I have pledged to live up to the organization's high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility.

Offers by Creative Home Remodeling Group Inc. on Angi
    Horizon Construction & Remodeling, Inc.

Horizon Construction & Remodeling has been operating in the construction industry for the past 10 years. Our company specializes in new construction projects as well as remodeling assignments. We have vast knowledge in many aspects of remodeling such as: developing new interior or exterior design, custom kitchens, bathrooms remodel, additions, stucco, roofing, flooring, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, windows, doors, patios, sunrooms, railing, fireplaces, decks, fences, driveways, garage conversions and entire home remodeling. We believe in providing a delightful experience to the customer. Fulfilling the needs of the customer is the prime objective of our company. Our Mission is to deliver high-end quality service to customers in order to build their dream project. We work in a dedicated manner according to the interest and demand of the customer. The Philosophy of Horizon Construction & Remodeling states that the benefit of the customer will lead to a growth of the organization. Thus, with the help of expert team work we continually work to provide best quality services to the customer. Horizon Construction & Remodeling is committed to provide you best building services with the superior remodeling of your home. To us, your construction and design experience will be hassle free, satisfactory and enjoyable. We are your friendly contractor! And a reliable destination for all your remodeling and construction needs. If you are looking for home with perfect space utilization and a fresh look contact Horizon Construction & Remodeling

Feel At Home Builders & Design

Specialties: As a full service local home remodeling company, Feel At Home Builders & Design is fully licensed, bonded, and insured to build any new residential construction and remodel any indoor or outdoor area of your home. While offering our home remodeling services, we know that homeowners want to see what they’re getting before the job even begins. For this reason, we offer exquisite 3D design plans so you can see the end in the beginning. Our workers are highly experienced in detailed craftsmanship for all your remodeling needs, including: Additions, room extensions, outdoor remodeling, creative pool design, firepits, electrical, tile, masonry cement and brickwork including pavers, hardscape and waterscape, painting, custom decks and patios, flooring, roofing, turf and all types of creative landscaping. Our company has been family owned & operated since 1992 allowing us to not only have more than 25+ years of proper industry skill sets, but we also learn as fast as the construction world is changing. Most importantly, we listen to your needs while allowing our experience to give you different options to turn your dream into a reality. History: Established in 1992, catering to each client individually is what makes Feel At Home Builders & Design stand out. Feel At Home Builders & Design is a licensed general contracting company with over 25 years of industry experience building and remodeling different types of uniquely designed homes throughout Southern California. Our honor and loyalty to our customers ensure that every single customer of ours get a creative and beautifully detailed home remodel from start to finish. We originally formed Feel At Home Builders & Design because we had so much more to offer than just “industry standards”. We sincerely took every golden nugget of feedback from every customer we have ever worked with and evolved our company into a high-tech home remodeling company.

C8
    CSLB
    05/31/2020

Concrete Driveways, Sidewalks, Block Walls, Stucco, Masonry, Landscaping, New Lawns & Sprinkler Systems. PAVING STONE, Any Kind of Red Brick work

con