Oliver Twist Chimney Sweep & Air Duct Cleaning

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 2005

17575 Morgan Ln

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

Additional DBA - Oliver Twist Chimney Sweep & Air Duct Cleaning. (562) 595-5122 is an additional phone number.

01/04/2022

Mike Z.

We set up the appt for yesterday but they had a scheduling issue so they moved it for today and took 10% off for my trouble. They came cleaned took a picture for me to see, cleaned area and were gone in less then an hour. Duwayne explained everything and I was satisfied. Used them to rebuild my fireplace a few years ago. They do a great job.

Description of Work
chimney sweep

03/29/2017

Tom W.

Very good, they were clean, no mess what so ever. The whole job took about an hour. These guys are GOOD.

Description of Work
Sweep ( 2 ) chimneys Installed ( 2 ) spark arresters.

09/24/2014

David K.

Description of Work
We had them install a device on top of our chimney to keep rain off and allow air to flow freely when using a fire. The former chimney top was fifty years old and was in need of replacing. We were impressed with the service and will be hiring them again once we get our iron fireplace doors picked out.

Category chimney caps

06/30/2014

Cindy G.

06/29/2014

Paul C.

Excellent service. Cleaned up very nicely. Pleasant personality. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out our chimney and made sure it worked after construction at our home

06/27/2014

Paul C.

06/18/2014

Maureen W.

Description of Work
Cleaned my chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

06/16/2014

Denise R.

Oliver Twist cleaned our chimney and made the necessary repairs in the firebox to make it safe. There were several cracks and openings. They sealed the walls and also made some repairs on the chimney cap and flashing on the roof. They were very professional and we have recommended them to other friends.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and repair

06/11/2014

Michael K.

We haven't done the work yet because of the high cost. I believe the bid is fair, it is just more than we counted on.

Description of Work
We received a bid for repairing an earthquake damaged chimney.

06/09/2014

James S.

Description of Work
Did a chimeny inspection on a property that was in escrow. The inspector is great, very friendly, very knowledgable and very throurough. The office staff was the opposite. I had to make 3 calls to get a call back from someone. The office staff refused to give me a cell phone number for the inspector and said they could take a message. I received an email answering one of my questions but no call. So I called again, and explained what happened that I really needed to speak with the inspector, again she offered to take a message. I asked for the cell number and was told nope, I ask if she could call him on his cell and ask him to call me and she said he wouldn't call me back until he was back in the office the next day, and this was at about 2:45pm. I explained that was rediculous and that I had a quick question and she got short with me and repeated the same thing. | |I ended up going with another company to complete the work at about 1/2 the cost of this company for the exact same work. The other company is a highly rates Angie's List company that does the same thing based in OC. The $129 was for the inspection and report only.

04/22/2014

jackie O.

Description of Work
They two hours late for their appointment, and then the estimated that they give was almost double of the price that I received from two other companies. |

08/16/2013

Georgia S.

It went well. They could have cleaned up a little better inside and out when they finished. This report is to correct a possible error in price in a review I had given on the phone. The actual price was $1875.

Description of Work
Made repairs to chimney, new spark arrester, two clean out doors, capped gas line.

08/15/2013

Georgia S.

It went fine.

Description of Work
They did some masonry repair, and capped the gas pipe. They did various things.

01/13/2010

JOHN T.

The chimney sweep arrived 30 minutes early, which was better than being late. He was very professional and efficient in his work. I give this experience my highest rating. The fireplace works much better now. I was pleased the price wasn't raised after the workman arrived.

Description of Work
Our chimney was swept with the company's special vacuum until it was clean. The grate was repositioned for maximum effect. The chimney sweep also climbed up on the roof to make sure the chimney was in good shape.

09/03/2008

Dennis V.

It went very well! The fireplace cap was out of code and cracking. OT coated it with a durable sealant and installed a new stainless steel spark arrester, which both improved the draft and protected the chimney from internal weather damage. They also installed a new top flue, removing the old internal one that hindered proper air flow/draft due to warping. A ledge inside the fireplace was smoothed with mortar to reduce eddy currents, improving air flow up the chimney. The flashing was repaired with sealant, and all cracks were repaired-along with a few loose bricks that I did not even know about until the cleaning and inspection. I also had them convert the fireplace from gas log to wood burning. OT spray painted the firebox with a high temperature black paint to restore a new look. During the cleaning process, they took great care in preventing my house from getting dirty. The Inspector/Repairman was quite knowledgeable, with years of experience and spoke fluent English. He was able to explain everything to me very clearly, and I had many many questions. I can now enjoy a beautiful log fire on Christmas morning or, just because it s cold and I enjoy a crackling fire, to relax.

Description of Work
Oliver Twist cleaned and repaired my 35-year-old chimney; repairing cracks, loose bricks, damper, cap, flashing, the draft, and spark arrester. Originally, I called due to inadequate draft of the fireplace that resulted in my Living Room smelling like a campfire site.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, gas logs

08/05/2008

Laura D.

Very quick and thorough.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep.

07/24/2007

Barbara L.

The young man, Jacob, arrived promptly as scheduled. He inspected the fireplace and found that it needed repair. Since we have never used and have no future plans to use the fireplace, we decided to forgo repairs until such time as we sell the house (when and if). But he reassured me that there were no debris in the chimney (my main concern) and he cleaned out the ashes that were in there from the previous owners. Jacob was very polite and neat/clean. He showed me what needed repair and gave a lot of information about chimneys and fireplaces. Overall, a very satisfactory experience.

Description of Work
Inspected smoke chamber, firebox, damper and chimney on the roof. Also cleaned out ashes from fireplace.

06/18/2007

DAVID B.

They were quick and courteous. They are fantastic and we would definitely recommend them to anyone. They also didn t charge us anything since they had been to our home before to service our chimney.

Description of Work
We had them sweep our chimney. They made sure everything was cleaned up.

04/03/2007

FRANK M.

They showed up about 15 minutes late. I called the office & a woman said they were running 15 minutes late from a previous job, & they showed exactly 15 minutes later. They were quick to set up & careful not to get soot or hand prints anywhere. The gas inlet to the fireplace wasn't sealed, so they sealed it for me in just a few minutes at no extra charge. I've never had a fireplace before, so he was very thorough & pleasant while he worked, explaining all the parts & visual things I should look for as part of routine maintenance. Excellent looking work, seemed very thorough, & most importantly, very neat.

Description of Work
Buying a home that has a fireplace. Wanted it inspected & checked out before I bought the place. Two man team checked the interior of the fireplace & chimney from the bottom up & the top down.

01/16/2006

TOM M.

Nice job, but they seem intent on doing many other repairs, that may or may not be absolutely necessary.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned

07/31/2005

SUSAN S.

OLIVER TWIST CHIMNEY SERVICE IS ALWAYS PROFESSIONAL AND EXCELLENT. THEIR CREW IS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND LEAVES THE FIREPLACE AND THE SURROUNDING AREA CLEAN AND ASH FREE. THEY ARE PROMPT AND COURTEOUS AND I KNOW I CAN TRUST THEM TO DO A GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
WE HAVE USED OLIVER TWIST CHIMNEY SWEEP SERVICE TO INSPECT AND CLEAN OUR CHIMNEY FOR OVER 10 YEARS.

07/29/2005

RAECHELLE R.

THEY CAME IN WHEN WE CALLED AND THEY SOLVED OUR PROBLEMS. THEY CAPPED THE CHIMNEY'S. THEY WERE COURTEOUS. THEY ALSO CLEANED UP AFTER THEMSELVES. IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
WE HAD THE CHIMNEY CAPPED OFF BECAUSE BEES KEPT COMING INTO THE HOUSE.

Xpress Heating & Air

Serving Southern California for the last 18 years. Our website is Xpresshvac.com.

2022 Super Service Award

Lucky Sully Chimney and Duct Cleaning

TheOur family owned company stresses customer satisfaction. Michel Sullivan is a certified chimney sweep through the National Chimney Sweep Guild,(www.ncsg.org/) and Dan Sjostrom is certified thhrough the National Fireplace Institute (http://nficertified.org/pages_consumers/consumers-1.html) These keep us up to date on industry standards for all woodburning and gas fireplaces. We also carry above industry standards of insurance, bonds, and workmans's compensation. This means if we fall off your roof, we are liable and not you.

Air Duct Professionals

Air Duct Professionals is located in Riverside county. We serve San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego counties and most of the greater Los Angeles area and the San Fernando Valley. A five time Angie's list Super Service Award Winner my company offers quality service with complete customer satisfaction! We offer air duct cleaning, air duct replacement and dryer vent cleaning. We always have GREAT specials on all our services. Convenient appointments, Monday through Saturday. We accept personal checks, or any major credit card. Give us a call and let us earn your trust and your business! We service Riverside county and also San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego counties and the greater Los Angeles area. Call us anytime for any questions you may have about our service or HVAC in general. Air Duct Professionals is committed to the safety of our customers and our staff and are taking every pre-caution to provide safe service to our customers during the Covid-19 pandemic as recommended by the CDC: * Our techs wear protective masks and gloves and wash/sanitize their hands often. * Our techs do not work if they are sick. We can not enter your home is you are sick. * Our equipment is cleaned and sanitized at the end of every day. * You will be the only job we do that day. * So we will enter your home healthy, with cleaned/sanitized equipment and wear protective masks and gloves during the cleaning process.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Chimney cleaning/minor & major repairs. Thermocrete ceramic flue lining, chimney inspection, dryer duct cleaning, air duct cleaning, & caps/gas logs.