OHMS Handyman Services

Hollister, CA 95023

Family owned & operated.

01/17/2015

Renee L.

Omar is great. Reliable, punctual, personable. He is very versatile and skilled in many areas of home maintenance. He is very skilled, especially, with electrical work. He went out of his way to fit me in on a repair at the last minute when I needed him. Great guy.

Description of Work
repaired balcony wood that was rotted. Replaced bad wood. Fixed several electrical lighting issues. Patched drywall ceiling holes, installed a ceiling light fixture and under cabinet light fixture. Installed a range hood

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, woodworking

12/05/2014

Mardel B.

I am quite happy with the electrical outlet and the bathroom fan, and I would hire him back for electrical work, as I think that is his specialty. His carpentry skills aren't the greatest, but they are not bad either. The first thing I asked was for the medicine cabinet to be centered over the sink, and it is about 1 inch off. At least it is hung level, though! The other disappointment was that he reused my 28-year old hinges and door knob on the new door. Also that the door frame was not cut correctly on one side and is about 2 inches short on one side. This could have been fixed easily by cutting a small piece of the extra wood that was left in my garbage. At least the door seems to be hung properly, though, so it was not a bad job, just not the greatest for the price.

Description of Work
Installed an electrical outlet on my front porch, replaced the motor of the fan in a bathroom, installed a medicine cabinet, removed old broken door from garage to side yard + installed new door & replaced some damaged framing.

Category decks, electrician, moving companies, plumbing, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, doors

11/15/2014

Dianah N.

I had to reschedule our original appointment date. Omar was understanding and we rescheduled to another day that fit my work schedule. Omar and his son arrived on time and ready to work. We did a tour of all the varied work I wanted done. We began in the garage because I wanted to direct how I wanted the garage organized. We worked well together. Omar made some good suggestions and listened to what I preferred as well. In the house Omar had all the tools to check out lights in both bathrooms and toilet. He had the equipment in his truck for master bathroom lights and toilet. He needed to replace the light ballast in guest bath which required him going to a couple of hardware stores to find the right fixture. While Omar worked on lights and toilet, his son and I worked on assembling the curio cabinet and mirror. Overall it was a very good experience and I will continue to use Omar to help around my home.

Description of Work
Fix light ballast in guest bath; replaced two pot lights in master bath; fix toilet in master bath; helped assemble curio cabinet and antique mirror; and organized garage/.

Category electrician, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home & garage organization, woodworking, home remodeling, home improvement stores, outdoor lighting

09/22/2014

Robert J.

Had him come out to get bids on multiple projects. He left and said he would call back with pricing. He never contacted me.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category electrician

08/28/2014

MARGARET M.

Description of Work
I needed a security door installed ASAP; despite numerous phone calls, this was the only person who promptly answered and made arrangements to come the next day. I was greatly relieved. I had to cancel only because my landlord changed his mind and installed the door himself (I had been told that if I wanted an additional screen door to keep cats in and intruders out, I would have to buy and install this heavy steel door myself). I have kept this gentleman's name and contact info for future needs and will use him.

Category electrician, handyman service

07/03/2014

Linda Y.

I trusted that using someone from Angie's list I would get someone reliable. Not so, just a waste of my time!

Description of Work
Wanted a small job done, very simple. He came and measured, told me he would call in a quote in 2 days time and I never heard from him again.

Category drywall, woodworking

04/19/2013

Robert J.

Posted a request on Red Beacon for carpet repair and transitions. Omar responded saying he was in Hollister (where I live) and was available immediately. He came over and immediately indicated that he didn't have the tools to repair the carpet, and he was really sketchy on how he would do the transitions. We walked through the house and I pointed out another 5-6 projects I would like him to consider. He left and was to get back to me with quote. I never heard from him. I left a voicemail and an email and he never contacted me. Very unprofessional, despite other peoples great ratings.

Description of Work
Posted a request on Red Beacon for carpet repair and transitions. Had other projects as well.

Category handyman service

12/11/2012

Carlos H.

I was satisfied with his work.

Description of Work
Omar sealed up a 220 amp connection that there was no use for. A small fire had burned the wires and made it not work. The stove was a gas stove anyway, so there was no need for the electrical to be ther. He also patched a small hole in the wall that the fire department made.

Category electrician, handyman service

12/03/2012

BILL D.

they gave estimate on job without knowing what building dept and P. G. and E. requirments would be .

Description of Work
got estimate

Category electrician

11/22/2011

Nedra W.

He is excellent. I have had him out here at least three times. He is good and so I keep calling him back. He is smart. He would do just about anything. I did have another guy do the yard and it just didn't work and I think that he is doing real work. He charges me by the job and it depends on how long it is going to take. He is very reasonable and I have been quoted $5000 by another guy for what he is doing at the moment.

Description of Work
OHMS Handyman Services is doing yard work for me. He has done a lot of things for me inside the building including electrical work. He is going to fix my fans.

Category electrician, handyman service, lawn service, ceiling fans

Anthem Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

We are a company you can trust, and a difference you can see! if you have a carpet or rug that needs to be cleaned then you've come to the right place. Additional DBAs - Anthem Carpet & Upholstery, Anthem Carpet Cleaning Svc.

Mod Movers

At Mod Movers Monterey, we’re ready to be your resource for moving throughout Monterey and all of California. We work hard to eliminate some of the “sticker shock” from the moving experience by providing our clients with a written estimate of how much your move will cost based on the services you choose. Get hold of us today and we’ll help you plan and carry out your move so it is as smooth and efficient as possible. Mod Movers provides a wide range of residential and commercial moving services for customers throughout Monterey, CA and all of California. Whether you need help with a little or a lot with your upcoming move, our efficient staff will take some of the stress off of you!

Safehouse Dryer Vent Cleaning

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We have 10+ years. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Award 2022
    Offers by Safehouse Dryer Vent Cleaning  on Angi

MasterCard, Visa, Check, American Express, Discover, PayPal
    100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED ON WORKMANSHIP

Residential and commercial general home repair, handyman, carpentry, drywall & electrical.