Lindgren Construction

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2011

I have no employees. I have all sub contractors - plumbers, electricians, roofers, HVAC, painters etc.

door installation (7)home builder (7)window replacement (5)general contractors (5)drywall (4)home remodeling (3)fence company (3)foundation repair (2)deck cleaning (2)electrician (2)decks & porches (2)stamped concrete (1)

09/19/2017

Angela H.

Unable to provide estimate/work. Too preoccupied w/other jobs.

Description of Work
Drywall for the kitchen

Category drywall, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

05/18/2017

nancy M.

It went well. Every thing was done fine, everything great.

Description of Work
He built a barn facility.

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

11/28/2016

Richard M.

Responsiveness became a major performance issue.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of 2000 square foot, 40+ year old home.

Category contractors, electrician, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, home remodeling, doors, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/28/2014

09/08/2016

Marie M.

He did not do any wok for me expect accused me of being a liar.

Description of Work
I called for an estimate and he showed up on time. After he left he stated he was not interested and pretty much accused me of lying and not having permit. This was unprofessional and rude.

Work Completed On 09/08/2016

01/20/2016

Jim A.

Eric took over a partially completed remodeling job. The job included framing a new floor where there had been a sunken conversation pit, hanging doors, replacing the old baseboards and completing a wall with new drywall. His bid was very reasonable and he completed the job quickly and efficiently. I would use him again and I would definitely recommend him to others.

Description of Work
New drywall, raised sunken floor, hung and framed new interior doors, replaced old baseboards

Category drywall, remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 01/12/2016

12/08/2015

fred P.

Having purchased this second home out of state and literally knowing nothing about the area and what was needed to set up the reconstruction, he was highly recommended by our real estate agent and had great references from other homeowners in the area. Eric helped us find a local architect/designer, worked with the building planning district, water district, etc. etc. so he's much more than just a General Contractor. We simply could not have completed the work without him. As with all remodels, it's stressful and he was the calm, steady person needed to keep everyone in check. He had great sub-contractors and every portion of the work was completed as guaranteed per the contract. When there were hiccups, he fixed it. He did all the hard work, just coordinated with us to be sure we got what we expected from each phase. The results exceeded all our expectations. No hesitation with recommending him for any job, large or small.

Description of Work
General Contractor for a full house reconstruction. We live out of state and were not in the vicinity of the build so we HAD to rely on Eric and his excellent connections with the planning department, the architect and subcontractors. The remodel of the 2100 square foot home encountered many surprises, unexpected changes, and spontaneous ideas but Eric did an exceptional job of keeping us updated on the progress and met the timeline for completion. He made the project possible and the results exceeded our expectations. He's fantastic. This was our fourth house build and certainly the best experience overall. He is true to his promise "frame to finish"!

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

Review for Lindgren Construction - 2201 Glenview Dr, Hollister, CA - 29777573

06/11/2014

Stephanie S.

Jason is always very timely, professional and the quality always exceeds our expectations. He is very good about letting us know about any issues he encounters and explains how we can fix it, the costs, etc. He is straightforward and honest. This is the second project that we have used Jason on and we will continue to use his services for our future projects.

Description of Work
We had a large bedroom remodeled to make way for baby. We removed an exterior door, completely new windows, new flooring, painting, trim and some electrical.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/14/2014

03/18/2014

Jean L.

Lindgren Construction is the best. I hope to work with Eric again. I own a rental property in Hollister with a long triangular yard with public access on both sides. I wanted a tall redwood fence around the side and back perimeter of the property: a total of over 370 linear feet. I am staying in Arizona and needed to hire a contractor site unseen.. I made contact with Eric and we communicated regularly via telephone and text. In all his dealings with me he was clear and respectful. The existing fence had to be removed. It was a mix of old railroad ties, horse wire, and ancient redwood. Against the back fence was overgrown weeds and possibly some trash that would need removal. Yucca plants grew on the back fence and would need cutting before the new fence could be installed. County approval would be needed. Eric gave me a quote, which was too high. He then redesigned the fence to 5' to lower the cost. The job was begun and finished within four days of receiving my down payment. There were some adjustments along the way..I asked to have it stained. He used a very good quality light redwood stain. We had some huge Yucca trees in our driveway encroaching on the neighbor's garage. Eric offered to remove it for me, and did so on the last day of the job. . In all things it was easy to work with Eric. He clearly went out of his way to do the best possible job. My renters report his workers where great people to be around. The finished product is beautiful. It shows excellent craftsmanship and good esthetic sense. I have only given him four stars on price because it was a lot for me. I did no price comparison. I can tell you it was well worth the expense. My property is much enhanced?way more than I expected when we started. It's beautiful! Eric is a great guy who will go out of his way to do a great job.

Description of Work
Install redwood fence, remove overgrown yucca trees.

Category fencing, remodeling, tree service

Work Completed On 02/27/2014

01/17/2014

John M.

Lindgren Construction is busy, probably because of the overall high ratings. We contacted Eric for an estimate and recommendations about what to do about two sets of leaky French doors. One door had split along the bottom. He went over options and recommended clad doors emphasizing it was more expensive but he felt they'd hold up to the exposure our doors get. His estimate might not be the lowest, but it was fair especially considering the quality of the work and his standards, The work began a few weeks after our first contact. Eric's communication during the work is excellent. He called at the end of each day, texted information about times and next steps. He called to make sure the sub contractors had done work to our satisfaction and that the "work site" was left clean. My wife was impressed by the fact that we would not have known workers had been in our home if not for the the work they had completed. The project required removal of some stucco. Eric consulted with us regarding choices regarding patching the stucco. We decided to go with foam and painting the stucco the trim color, because matching 13 + year old stucco and new paint would be a challenge. The end result looks great. I appreciated Eric's communication, responsiveness to any concerns. He demonstrated a commitment to making sure we were not just satisfied but completely happy. We are not quite done at this writing, but I kept getting e-mails from Angie's List to enter a review. We have been very pleased and Eric has been responsive, committed to getting the job done right and trustworthy, that we felt we could write our review with confidence. Excellent work. Excellent communication. Great service.

Description of Work
Replaced two sets of French doors.

Work Completed On 01/06/2014

11/05/2013

Carlos M.

It went very well. The patio was professionally done. The roofer and the person installing the gutter were also professional. The work was also very reasonable. The contractor did an excellent job!

Description of Work
Installed a patio.

Work Completed On 10/30/2013

10/23/2013

Lee S.

He did a great job, this was done in a timely manner, arranged all the subcontractor work so there was very little work from me and I would recommend him.

Description of Work
He jack hammered the concrete to open the septic tank, disabled the septic tank and over saw the entire process.

Category stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/23/2013

09/17/2013

Jim H.

They were pretty good, but I ended up not using them because of the nature of the work. I would consider them in the future if I need more work.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Lindgren Construction to shift some posts and stuff underneath the crawlspace of my house.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/14/2013

08/25/2013

Lee S.

Eric did a great job, I am very pleased with the end result. I called on Saturday, and the job was done Sunday morning.

Description of Work
Replaced a curbside mailbox post. Required removal of old post and concrete, and installation of new post with new concrete, remounting of mailbox.

Work Completed On 08/25/2013

06/20/2013

William R.

I like them and I think he was actually friendly and I think he was competent and experienced. It's just that there is somebody else I decided to go with.

Description of Work
Lindgren Construction gave me a quote for remodeling a bathroom.

Work Completed On 05/23/2013

04/01/2013

JEREMY W.

The amount of work done was more than reasonable for the price. We had some additional work, for which we paid extra, but that was discussed and agreed to in advanced. As others have stated, Mr. Lindgren is very helpful and flexible in working with you to keep costs down. When he was loading the debris from the demo to haul it away, he noticed we had a pile of stuff we'd been planning to take to the dump, and he offered to take that for us with his load. This was a huge help to us. Everyone he sent here to work was friendly, and helpful. Brandon completed way more than I expected on the first day. Everyone showed up when expected, worked efficiently, and cleaned up after.

Description of Work
I hired Mr. Lindgren for the "Contractor For a Day" deal being offered. A lot of small projects that I had got completed on the first day, including demo-ing some walls in the garage, adding bracing to foundation posts under the house, and repairing drywall. I felt I got good value for the money. I am very pleased with the quality of the work as well.

Work Completed On 03/11/2013

02/07/2013

Tyler C.

Eric remodeled our bathroom and we are OVERJOYED with the quality of his work. He designed the layout, came at a reasonable price and was on time and on budget. He organizes talented sub-contractors efficiently, provides excellent advice and is easy to get a hold of. We had 4 or 5 contractors (taken from Angies List) come out to give bids on our bathroom remodel. Everyone except for Eric just looked at our idea for what we *thought* we wanted and gave us their preliminary bid (and their sales pitch). Eric, on the other hand, spent ~1 hour looking at the area we were wanted remodeled to see if there was a better floor plan. After he walked around and bounced ideas off us, he came up with a floor plan we never considered which was MUCH better than what we originally had in mind. That got him the job. Once we went with him, he provided a well-detailed contract with milestones (a must for anyone!). He didn't go a penny over his price and finished the job on time. (The most painful part of the remodel was getting the Monterey building/water permits... which he wasn't responsible for). Not only that, but he went above and beyond what we were expecting! He got us a large bathroom vanity with GRANITE countertops. He also had new, floor-to-ceiling custom cabinets built for us and also built a shelf for us to stack our washer/dryer to save space. All this within what we could afford (which was not a whole lot since my wife stays at home with our new daughter). I also want to talk about his workers. All the subcontractors he had come work on my house were extremely considerate, hard-working and did an excellent job cleaning up after themselves. The painter, the plumber, the HVAC guys all were great communicators and quality people (which earned them some freshly-baked cookies from my wife :). His electrician was the only one who was a bit eccentric (to be honest), but he did do good work. If you are doing any kind of remodel, you would be foolish to not consider Eric to at least come out and take a look.

Description of Work
Our remodel consisted of replacing our tiny/awful bathroom with no shower with a much larger bathroom with a shower. It also included building a new laundry room, installing a furnance for the entire house, a new tankless water heater and all new shelving. We are on a slab foundation too, so running new pipes for the bathroom was no trivial task. It included demolition of old bathroom walls, cutting into slab foundation to run new pipes for shower drain, relocating toilet, laying new tile (that matched old tile perfectly), adding an additional laundry room to the house (including framing, new foundation, stucco, wiring, plumbing (for washer/dryer), and painting). He installed new tiled shower with bench, new vanity, new lights/fan for bathroom, framed new walls, installed furnance/ducks/grills/thermostat.

Work Completed On 02/01/2013

01/24/2013

Howard H.

I purchased the coupon for service and immediately sent a detailed email to the company about the work I needed done. I also called the company twice. I never received a return call, a voicemail message or an email. The project was larger than the time I had purchased with the coupon so there would have been additional work for the company if that was an issue. Additionally, I own several other homes in the area and I always have a project. I also spoke with someone from your company, Angie's List, that failed to produce any result. I did not have the time, nor did I want to make the time to continue pursuing the issue, so I wrote off the expense as a lesson learned. Instead, I do not use your services and I share my experience of your service with others. I would never use or recommend Angie's List or Lindgren Construction. And as a further annoyance I must enter a date in order to submit this form. There was no date as I could not get a date scheduled!!

Description of Work
See Below...

Category remodeling, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 03/01/2011

12/26/2012

Pat P.

He was punctual and finished when he said he would.

Description of Work
Tearing out old deck and replacing it - building three new decks -fencing all around property - excellent work! Will hire him to do more work.

Category decks, fencing, remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 11/20/2012

12/21/2012

Daphne K.

I had a wood retaining wall which was deteriorating and was getting ready to host a wedding party in the summer. Eric Lindgren came reasonably quickly to assess the job. I asked if it might be best to replace it with stone so that it would last longer. He thought that it could be fixed by replacing a couple of the worst side boards and replacing the top. So he came out with the replacement wood, spent about an hour demolishing the worst of the old sections, and realized the wood was too badly rotted to warrant partial replacement. So we agreed that it should be totally redone. To avoid a total waste of the time, I asked him to cut down a large bush which he dispatched nicely in about half an hour. At that point the 7 hours of labor was used up. I'm sure he was trying to save me money by suggesting a repair of the old wall, but I was disappointed that the assessment of its condition was inaccurate. He bid on the stone wall, but I didn't like the idea of laying some of the stone on top of the existing concrete patio. He's a very personable guy, and I might be inclined to hire him again for a porch or something.

Description of Work
I purchased one of the deals where you get 7 hours of work for $299.

Work Completed On 05/12/2012

06/14/2012

Brenda H.

Everything went better than expected. Eric was reliable, responsible, and highly competent. He is a pleasant guy to work with and explained things as he went along. He is an incredibly hard worker and so is everyone on his crew. They started on time every morning and stayed with it consistently. He always made sure to cover exposed areas and crawl spaces (so critters couldn't get in at night) if he had to stop work and pick up the next day. He's very clean, making sure things were picked up and hauled away. Eric is very fair and conscientious. He's communicative and doesn't do anything without the homeowner's permission. I'm glad to know he can do just about any type of job that needs done -- big or small. He will be my go-to person for jobs I need done around the house from now on.

Description of Work
I had two projects that needed completed. First, my house had extensive wood rot in the wood siding and window trim that needed replaced We weren't sure what we would find behind the wood siding once the bad sections were cut out, and there were some wood studs and rim boards, etc. that also needed replaced. Eric knows his stuff! He was very thorough, took the time to explain the various aspects as he went along, and was also very conscientious to keep costs down without compromising structural integrity, quality of workmanship or appearance. He discovered a few things such as a burnt out electric outlet and incorrect pipe braces that he called his electrical contractor to take care of -- the electrician did an excellent job as well and was very inexpensive. I knew my house was in good hands with Eric in charge of the work. He is a true craftsman and did an excellent job. He even thought of a few extras -- like creating a little door to the crawl space under one section of the house that was very difficult to get to. He never did anything without my permission. He also caught things that were not up to today's code and took care of those items in the areas he worked on. The other project I had him do was replace a fence. He and his crew ripped out and hauled away the old fence and put in a beautiful redwood "good neighbor" fence that far exceeded my expectations! Knowing I had dogs that sometimes dig, he made sure that they dug down and set the footer down into the dirt several inches. He put the posts in concrete and it is not only beautiful but very sturdy. Neighbors have already begun asking how to get a hold of Eric. He's a true gem and anyone would be very fortunate to have him work on their house! He reasonable, professional, trustworthy, and very knowledgeable! What more can you ask for!

Category contractors, fencing, remodeling

Work Completed On 06/14/2012

Review for Lindgren Construction - 2201 Glenview Dr, Hollister, CA - 4420074

06/09/2012

Elliott C.

This was the second time I called Eric to do some work, and though I didn't think I could be more satisfied with his work, I was wrong. Eric surpassed his previous excellent quality with the new project. This time, I was replacing a window with a door to my patio and installing a light. Eric arrived promptly (actually, early, but more on that later) and began work immediately. By noon he had removed the window and made the opening. We set the door in place and he was right back at work--I had worried that, since it was a two-day job, I would have to deal with a hole in the wall or cold air seeping in through cracks or a single layer of shingles...but by the time he wrapped up at five, the door was in, the walls repaired, the insulation replaced. All that was left for the second day was the detail work. On Sunday, he showed up (again, early) and did the detail work--he replaced the exterior shingles, patched the dry wall (taped it, mudded it), put up the molding...and then, because I hadn't gotten around to putting the molding back up around his previous job, he fixed that for me too... This guy is an artist--he takes real pride in his work and has the skills to get the job done quickly, professionally, and exceeding expectations. So what's not to love? Right--so here it is: if you make an appointment for say, 8:00 am Saturday morning, DO NOT GO OUT DRINKING THE NIGHT BEFORE! I get a voicemail at 7:45 am, "Hey, traffic was light--I'm waiting outside..." Build this into your calculations: THIS GUY IS PROMPT!

Description of Work
Replaced large window with double doors to exterior. The window was wider than the door, so the opening had to be re-sized. Also, the exterior is shingles, so he had to match existing shingles (the originals are no longer easily available and must be bought in bulk).

Category contractors, decks, drywall, remodeling, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/27/2012

Review for Lindgren Construction - 2201 Glenview Dr, Hollister, CA - 4393911

05/18/2012

Philip R.

I hired Eric through one of Angie's deal offerings. Eric arrived on a Saturday morning and worked quickly and professionally, moving the outlet to a new location with a minimum of damage to the drywall. My deal through Angie's list was a contractor for a day: seven hours. Eric finished before lunch and offered to credit the unused hours to future work. I have asked for a bid on the construction of the closet and expect to do more business with Eric in the near future.

Description of Work
Relocated an electrical wall outlet to allow construction of a closet.

Work Completed On 05/12/2012