Diamond Pavers

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2010

Welcome! We don't brag around about quality, because we let our quality talk for us. Call us for an FREE estimate. 1-888-610-1762 Or email: jargueta@diamondpavers.com Information we need from you is: Name and address: Best number and time to call: Project information:

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

hardscaping (26)Patios (10)lawn & landscaping (8)concrete repair (3)concrete driveways (2)deck cleaning (1)masonry (1)lighting (1)irrigation system (1)lawn care (1)hauling (1)excavating (1)

04/22/2020

Robert G.

They a good job and professional operation.They were very respectful.

Description of Work
They did some pavers and retaining wall.

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

04/22/2020

Dory S.

They were wonderful and fabulous. He was nice and really neat guy. I can't say enough with him and he did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
They put pavers in my backyard and they built walls.

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

04/17/2020

Maria G.

We chose Diamond Pavers after shopping around for a contractor for a few months. They helped us create a home that is just perfect for family gatherings. They were punctual, professional & very easy to work with. We love the work that they did for us!

Description of Work
driveway, pathways, patios, fire pit, sitting bench, raised planters, paver lights

Category concrete driveways, lighting, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Review for Diamond Pavers - 21934 Rockford Rd, Hayward, CA - 38588464

05/08/2016

Arnold B.

Jose and his team did a fantastic job replacing our old concrete driveway and backyard. The price estimate was reasonable and he was very accommodating with some of the mid project changes we had to make. He was at the worksite daily and kept me up to date with his progress. His team cleaned up at the end of everyday. His time estimate to completion was spot on. Most of all he did a great job and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for paving work!

Description of Work
Demo driveway & backyard then installed pavers

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

03/14/2016

Penelope E.

01/06/2016

Mark D.

José was there everyday from the job start to the finish. He works side by side with his guys. They worked quickly and efficiently, built all the items per the plans, and kept a clean worksite. They cleaned up the site everyday! There were a couple of small delays while waiting for some synthetic sod to be delivered, but José kept me in the loop so there were no surprises. He was very responsive to a couple of change order requests and quickly priced them and worked them into the schedule. I highly recommend him and his team. I'd hire them again in a minute.

Description of Work
Paver patio in backyard, synthetic sod instead of grass, brick steps up to a back deck, slate and granite walkways, two pergolas, large raised redwood garden box

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

06/18/2015

Jennifer and Kerri M.

We had gotten a bid from one other contractor, but wanted to compare bids, so we contacted Diamond Pavers. They came out the next day and did a very quick estimate. Before leaving, the owner gave us a written bid that was several thousand dollars lower than the other contractor, and said the work could be done within a week. We hired them. Diamond Pavers arrived first thing Monday morning. They did a thorough job of demolition and removal of the old asphalt, they laid a good base layer, and installed very attractive stone pavers in the pattern and color we had chosen. Everyone was thrilled how beautiful the path was and how perfectly they cleaned up the area. While they were on site, we had them to an extra little concrete job and they fit that in as well. We are hoping to extend this path another 20 feet or so next year, and we will definitely call Diamond Pavers. Highly recommended: great price, prompt & professional, beautiful work.

Description of Work
Between our church building and a rock wall, we had an old asphalt path that was cracked and uneven. It gets heavy use from pallet-jacks carrying full pallets of vegetables every week to supply our food pantry. When it was laid, it did not have a proper base layer. We needed to replace the path with something more attractive and yet very durable for a reasonable price, and with a deadline in 3 weeks.

Category hauling services, landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/27/2015

06/01/2015

SUMA P.

Jose from Diamond Pavers was a pleasure to work with. The estimates were provided quickly, all the appointments were kept and the details on what to expect was provided very clearly. The work was done in about a weeks time with no trouble at all. Jose's quote was not the lowest but it was definitely worth the extra money we spent for the good quality work that was done on time. Highly recommend Diamond pavers !

Description of Work
Demo the existing backyard which had partial lawn and concrete. Lay pavers and build a L shaped retaining/sitting wall.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/06/2014

05/27/2015

Barry S.

Jose and his crew were timely, professional and courteous. Their work was high quality and Jose was a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Installed pavers in a large area on the side of my home and also installed pavers on rear patios and stairs.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/25/2015

04/16/2015

Susan M.

Very nice young man, owns the company. Would have loved to hire him, but his estimate was ultimately $4000 higher than the one I hired.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for paver driveway and pathway

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/19/2015

I appreciate your compliments. I hope they provided the same quality I offered to you. 1. Compact base with Jumping jack. 2 Installed Calstone pavers. 3. Install Polymeric sand leaving no empty joints. 4. Use asphalt where pavers meet the driveway approach. If the above was not done, then, they: 1. Used a lower paver quality. 2. They only used a vibrate plate to compact the aggregate base rock. 3. Polymeric sand was not spread thoroughly filling all joints. 4. Used mortar where pavers meet asphalt. Hopefully, they installed steel rebar #4 in the concrete beams. Or, they guaranteed the work for over 25 years.

12/23/2014

Susan S.

I hired another company who was less expensive and more open about costs, etc.

Description of Work
They came out and spent time proposing what they could do for me. The person who came out made a simple drawing and listed the price for everything on the side. She had a "hard sell" attitude and took off immediately when I would not commit to giving her the job, taking the sketch and the price for services with her. I contacted the owner to get a written bid, but never got one.

Work Completed On 09/17/2014

10/27/2014

PATRICK C.

Price was competitive but higher. responsiveness was good. Ultimately went with other company due to schedule and price.

Description of Work
Provided a bid for removing existing concrete and installing pavers.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/05/2014

08/06/2014

MARILYN S.

We couldn't be happier with how our patio looks or with the whole experience. Jose offered suggestions when we asked for them and his ideas were great. He and his crew work very hard, and obviously take great pride in their work. When they left at the end of each day, they left their tools and equipment neat and organized. Before choosing Diamond Pavers I was impressed that all their reviews were so positive. Now I can say I agree with all of them. They were a pleasure to work with. We would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Jose and his crew removed 1200 sq. feet of concrete patio and a large concrete block planter. The concrete had been lifted and cracked by the roots of a large Magnolia tree which we previously removed. They had to remove the extensive tree roots that had cracked the concrete, then installed pavers and a new block planter.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/05/2014

Review for Diamond Pavers - 21934 Rockford Rd, Hayward, CA - 9023438

06/07/2014

Nobuko T.

Jose is very easy to work with and very reliable. From estimates to complete, it went so smooth and stress free! The pavers look so beautiful and side curb is very pretty. They did great job. All Jose's workers are very friendly and nice. I'm very happy with their job. Diamond Pavers is one of best contractor I've used. I highly recommend. You won't be disappointed their work. I made great decision to work with them.

Description of Work
Installed interlocking pavers for driveway and overlay side curb of driveway.

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

12/18/2013

Michael L.

This was the best experience we've ever had with a contractor. Jose and his team did the highest quality of work, they were extremely professional, and at every stage it was clear that their top priority was for us to be happy with the work. They went above to cover all the little details that we never would have even thought of.

Description of Work
Excavated a concrete driveway, excavated a concrete walkway, leveled a porch, installed stone-style pavers on all of the above.

Work Completed On 12/09/2013

11/08/2013

Cameron B.

This was a joint project with my neighbor. Jose was very prompt at all appointments and worked with us to design the driveway and drainage. His estimate was competitive with the other estimate we obtained. He kept his costs within the estimate even though we ran into a number of underground surprises during the course of the construction including gas lines where they shouldn't have been, a sewer lateral replacement and an unknown 24" drainage pipe. This was a large and complicated job and Jose stayed on top of it and was completely unflappable. He did an excellent job installing the pavers with a geotextile weed barrier, compacted subgrade, compacted class 2 aggregate base rock, masonry sand, and a polymeric sand joint stabilizer. The edges were reinforced with rebar and since it was on a slope we also had a beam halfway down. The job took about 4 weeks to complete due to the interruptions caused by the interfering utitlties.

Description of Work
Installed interlocking pavers on 3,800 sq. ft of driveway including significant drainage improvements. Also, overlaid steps with pavers to match driveway.

Work Completed On 10/31/2013

09/17/2013

Marie S.

Jose and his 2-men crew always arrived on time and did a full day's work, sometimes more. They were very meticulous, precise in their work, and professional. Jose often worked hand-in-hand along side with his crew. He was very flexible and happy to offer suggestions on the job. We were extremely happy with every aspect of the job and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Repaired existing patio area where previous paved stones have sunken down due to old tree roots. Removed the existing pavers, found old root debris, leveled the sunken area, then added base rock and reinstalled pavers. Installed 18" high free-standing walls and columns. Also installed a 10 foot circular design in the existing patio area with a combination of paver stones and interlocking arbel flagstones.

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/06/2013

08/19/2013

KAREN W.

Jose and his employees did an excellent job. From the very beginning he listened to what I wanted, and he and his crew did the work exactly as I requested. I was wondering what it would look like after it was finished -- could it even come close to the picture in my mind -- and it turned out that it was better than I imagined it. Jose made some good suggestions which improved the final look of the patio and the stability of the pergola. Jose's experience and knowledge are the reasons why it turned out so well. Whenever I came out to look at the work that had been done so far, he was always there, asking if I had any questions. Jose was always accessible when I had questions, he followed through on what he said, and his crew always showed up on time and cleaned up the yard at the end of the day even though they must have been exhausted after putting in a long day. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Diamond Pavers removed my old large concrete patio and installed a new beautiful paver patio, they put in a new pergola with a paver patio underneath it and expanded my driveway by adding a paver parking strip so we had more room to park our cars. Jose Argueta is the owner.

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/29/2013

06/12/2013

Sarah C.

Jose was great: punctual, professional, and very thorough. The work done was excellent. He was meticulous, and worked right alongside his two employees. There were no messes left at the end of the day, and everything went smoothly. Best of all, he actually finished when he said he would. I'd recommend and use his services again.

Description of Work
Cleaned, sanded and revealed pavers

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/12/2013

05/28/2013

Ann F.

Jose and his crew did an outstanding job. They removed aggregate where two walkways met so they would be level. Removed aggregate where I wanted to change directions and design. Laid cement where necessary. Laid 3300 square feet of travertine on decks and patios and the pool surround. To keep the pool edge from sticking out too much he cut back the bullnose and facia then applied a travertine facia as well as the bullnose. After the job started I decided on a raised planter. They built a beautiful planter with an area for a fountain and seating. There was one area that I hadn't curved and it began to bother me. Jose asked if he could change it. He did and it looks so much better. Jose has a good eye. I can't speak highly enough of Jose, his crew and the job they did. They have a sound work ethic. They arrived when they said they would, were as quiet as possible, and worked a full day. The work area was always cleaned up at the end of the day. My house looks as if it has always been this way. I couldn't give a higher complement or recommendation. Diamond Pavers is located in San Lorenzo,CA. Their number is 1-888-610-1762.

Description of Work
Overlaying travertine pavers on existing aggregate walkways, patios and pool deck.. Laying cement to extend area being overlaid. Cut back and replaced facia and bullnose on pool. Built a raised travertine planter. I did supply the materials for this job.

Category concrete repair, deck cleaning, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/13/2013

05/25/2013

JENNY B.

Jose was excellent from the time he came out to give us the estimate. Because we are also have remodeling done to the house downstairs, he had to follow our tight schedule. He was able to juggle his busy schedule to fit ours! Jose also had to made an extra trip to get more pebbles because they didn't have enough in stock. Through it all Jose maintained a sunny disposition and a very pleasant attitude. I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
I had concrete removed from my whole backyard and replaced with a patio consisting of Calstone Pavers and pebbles in the perimeters.

Category excavators, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/14/2013

03/06/2013

Paul & Tazuru P.

Diamond Pavers performed better than we ever expected after we had interviewed so many companies with salesmen and design experts but no real workers! Jose Argueta actually performed the work alongside his crew which guaranteed that the work was done professionally and to the specifications we agreed upon. Jose was available each and every day as well as by phone when we had questions or concerns. The work was completed in a timely fashion, and the results were beyond what we expected. In fact, we contacted Jose this year after weeds started to sprout between some of the pavers, and Jose responded quickly and came out to inspect the problem the same week. He returned at our convenience to power wash the driveway and to reapply the specialized sand between the pavers. He also repaired a broken sprinkler head which we had planned for our gardener to replace. Without a doubt, Jose is a professional who takes pride in his work and personal care of all details for his clients.

Description of Work
Jose Argueta actually performed the work as well as provided the estimate, the samples of pavers, and the design ideas. Diamond Pavers was among a dozen landscape and paver companies we interviewed including some big companies as well as small local ones. The reason we chose Diamond Pavers, and Jose in particular, was because Jose followed through on all his claims including his delivery of product samples and his overseeing of every step of the landscaping process. Jose and his crew arrived promptly each day, worked professionally on every aspect of the job from removing our old concrete driveway and aggregate walkways to installing new pavers in a design we worked together on. In fact, when the crew failed to install the correct pattern for the pavers we had chosen, Jose had them remove the third of the driveway they had already installed and instructed them on the correct pattern. The crew also installed a new sprinkler system for us which we had not foreseen but which we needed once Jose dug up the old galvanized pipes. From his prompt reply to our request for an estimate to his consistent guidance through the process of paver selection and installation to the final review of the finished driveway, walkway, and landscaping, Jose and his crew were superb. They even corrected an ugly tile edging at our front door as well as improved the posts that support our front covered walkway.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/01/2011