Bell Brothers Plumbing Heating & Air

Founded 1954 • With Angi since November 2004

We are locally owned and operated, and serving the Bay Area. Our focus is residential air conditioning, heating, Installation of HVAC systems and full-service plumbing. We love working with homeowners and helping to take care of their precious homes. We also keep busy doing light commercial

water heaters (20)plumbers (18)HVAC Companies (349)home energy audit (35)air duct cleaning (31)insulation (8)dryer vent cleaning (1)

07/21/2021

Henry L.

Excellent, they find the problem and fix the problem. I am satisfied, very professional Valentino, the technician, very professional

Description of Work
Air-conditioning repair

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

08/08/2020

billy D.

BEWARE - This may be considered Elder Abuse, I will know more after I consult my attorney. My 77 year old Mother (confined to a wheelchair) was having issues with her AC - nothing major, just running a bit rough. She called ABC and they sent out a technician named Tim Hogue right away. When he arrived, Tim Hogue stated a few things. One, he said it was no longer working at all. Two, he said it was an improper unit that was made for a much smaller house and because of this it was overworked and failed. Three, he said she needed an entire new unit and a bigger one than she had prior. He quoted her $16,000 and told her that was with a $2000 "senior discount". Thank goodness my Mother did not fall for this scam and elected to get a second opinion. The new company came out only to find the original unit was working just fine and needed a simple service - all in all a $70 call to fix it. The new company also pointed out that the unit in question had been turned off at the source outside the house prior, my elderly mother in a wheelchair could not / would not have done this. What a coincidence when ABC told her the unit had completely failed. When I googled "HVAC Scams" I learned that this is one of the most common scams. These people can NOT be trusted and it is clear to me that they tried very hard to take advantage of a poor helpless elderly lady that did not know any better. Shame on them. Tim Hogue AND ABC need to be held accountable for this and I assure you they will be. I urge you to take your business elsewhere!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Unit Repair

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/08/2020

06/19/2020

Bruce A.

They showed up as scheduled. A job I thought would take all day, they took out the old unit and installed the new unit, tested it and cleaned up in 2 1/2 hours. THEY ARE GREAT. I WUOLD DEFINITELY REFER THEM.

Description of Work
replace heating unit

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

04/17/2020

Tanya L.

ABC Heating & Cooling does it again!...We spent the 1st summer in our newly renovated home miserable fron the great! So we decided before summer of 2020 rolls around we'd have seen air conditioning unit installed. Well it was a no brainer for us to reach out to ABC once again, since they had done such a great drop undertaking a heater in our rental property. Once again they came through and delivered great, professional service! They were on time, respectful of our home and patient while explaining how to use the unit. Big THANKS to Joaquin, Antonio and Ben for the great installation! Can't leave Jeff C. out for his salesmanship, expedited efficiency and competitive pricing to get the job done!! Look no further than ABC for all of your Heating and Cooling needs!!

Description of Work
Air conditioner installation

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

Review for Bell Brothers Plumbing Heating & Air - 3266 Investment Blvd, Hayward, CA - 38506662

02/19/2020

Yeen M.

Had a wonderful experience when Joaquin, Ben and Anthony of ABC Cooling, Heating & Plumbing came out to install my mini-split heat pump unit this week. Professional, respectful, skilled at their craft, and with attention to detail. They communicated clearly, kept mess to a minimum, and cleaned up thoroughly after themselves. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Heat pump installation

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

08/08/2019

Gail C.

We were super-pleased with ABC. Our air conditioner unexpectedly stopped working last night. We called ABC just before 8pm and were able to schedule a service call for this morning. The tech (Bill Sweeney) came out this morning, diagnosed the issue and made the repair - all before 11am. Many thanks to ABC and Bill! We will definitely be repeat customers should we run into any issues in the future!

Description of Work
Repair of AC condenser

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

07/02/2019

John H.

The quality is great! They are nice people and I love them. They are great.

Description of Work
They check my AC in the spring and my Heating in the fall. They clean the filters and make sure everything is good.

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

07/02/2019

Maz M.

The tech, Bill, was professional and informative. He measured the system (refrigerant pressures, temp at vent, capacitors, etc) and told us our system is in good shape and needs nothing. I appreciate his professionalism and honesty. Our system uses R22 which is pricy now a days. We got lucky.

Description of Work
HVAC inspection and R22 charging

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

06/11/2019

ELAINE & DON M.

IT was fine and no problem. I called them and setup appointment a week later. Very clean and respectful.

Description of Work
Furance Maintiance

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

08/21/2018

David B.

I let Angel supply all materials. He provided better quality parts than I could have gotten from Home Depot. The installation went smoothly with attention to detail (hose routing and clamping) and check for leaks. Clean up was done and the area was in better shape than when the job was started. This installation was well worth the cost.

Description of Work
Installed utility sink in garage.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/09/2018

07/28/2018

Carolyn Y.

We are happy with the work they did

Description of Work
Air Conditioner

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

06/28/2018

Douglas P.

Michael did a great job configuring a system for our house. Jouqin and Ben did an excellent job installing the heater and air conditioner. This was one of the best experiences we have had with contractors doing work on our house. They are a great team.

Description of Work
A new heater and air conditioner was installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, energy audit

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/12/2018

Katherine L.

ABC was fantastic in their services. Ben and Joaquin were both wonderful with the installation. They were punctual, professional, and addressed all of our concerns. Michael ran us through the installation process and sold us on the product. He helped choose the product without being the slightest bit pushy. Would definitely buy from their services again in an instant.

Description of Work
Mini-Split AC installation

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

05/29/2018

Wiley H.

I highly recommend ABC Heating, Cooling and Plumbing! First, Jeff came out and gave me a very thorough, jargon-free estimate. I felt like he offered me clear options and did not pressure me to go the most expensive route. Second, the scheduling process was easy and the guys who came to install my new A/C unit showed up on time and worked hard to keep the house clean and situate the unit in my desired location. Third (and most important to me) the guys doing the installation informed me that they saw a leaking water pipe under the house while they were down there doing some wiring. Had they not told me, I would have been clueless for quite some time. When my trusted plumber came out several days later to take a look, he told me that I owed the installers a huge debt of thanks because the leaking water pipe was dripping onto and seriously corroding the main gas line for the house. We were DANGEROUSLY close to having a gas leak on our hands and not knowing it. Before the plumber could work on the gas line/water line however I needed to get some large ducts moved out of the way. I made a call to Jeff to explain the situation and he was able to set me up with Ivan, who came out first thing the next day to get the ducts out of the way. Thanks to ABC’s great service people and responsiveness, we have a stellar new A/C unit and more importantly a dry house without a dangerous gas leak. Thank you ABC Heating, Cooling and Plumbing!!!

Description of Work
new A/C unit

Work Completed On 05/11/2018

04/27/2018

ELAINE & DON M.

A very nice person came in and did a good job. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Maintained the furnace and changed the filter.

Work Completed On 02/27/2018

01/19/2018

Sandra or Gino E.

He checked and cleaned a wall heater and restarted it. Gave me good info and cleared up something that I was misinformed about by another company. He checked for carbon monoxide and made sure I had monitors for Carbon monoxide and fire. Very pleasant gentleman.

Description of Work
Cleaning and maintenance of wall heater and restart.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Review for Bell Brothers Plumbing Heating & Air - 3266 Investment Blvd, Hayward, CA - 36768862

12/27/2017

Linda L.

Great! Turns out the old unit wasn’t functioning correctly and we needed a new unit. Job was done quickly and service providers see was friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely use ABC again.

Description of Work
Heater temp control unit

Work Completed On 11/24/2017

11/20/2017

Steve G.

The service tech came out and checked the furnace before starting it for the first time of the year. It fired up(after it would not for me). The tech did not charge me for anything but the fee to come out- because it was not broke. He explained a few things and offered a few of his companies maintenance services for the future. When he left I felt very good about the contact. I would call them for furnace or a/C again.

Description of Work
My furnace was fixed.

Work Completed On 10/14/2017

10/11/2017

Ely E.

Technicians came (on time), quickly diagnosed the issue and replaced the failing part.

Description of Work
A/C stopped working.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

09/26/2017

Eugene R.

Each job was done separately to maximize the efficiency of the work teams. Each job required 2 days and completed on time, if not a little earlier than expected. The workers, Angel, Rob, Garrett, & Ben were all highly professional, polite, communicative, and educational. I would have no hesitancy having these guys work on future projects. The sales guy, Jeff, wasn't pushy but was very informative with prices, equipment, educational, and arranged for "green" project discounts. How great is that! I was very pleased with the clean up and haul away of old equipment. It happened very fast with no hassle or fuss. Their work was well done - neat and tidy.

Description of Work
Replace old furnace and leaky hot water tank. Furnace was upgraded to new Carrier model and hot water tank was replaced with a tankless system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/26/2017

09/04/2017

Nastasha R.

Yes, right before the hottest months on record in the Bay we were smart enough to get AC in Oakland. My husband has eczema and since buying a home here we've been miserable in the late summer/early fall months as our home holds heat all night. Called and vetted several companies- Mike at ABC was friendly, clear, communicative and genuine. We had them come install our new unit in June and while it's certainly not cheap, we feel like it was definitely money well spent! Especially during this ridiculous heat wave. Installation was easy, all the people who came to work on the house were helpful, polite and efficient. Couldn't be happier with our experience.

Description of Work
AC installation

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

08/24/2017

LYNN H.

Their price, using outstanding components, was very competitive. Even more importance, they were everything that any customer would hope for from any provider: prompt, very knowledgeable, completed the work in the time promised, fully explained the new systems to me, and kept my home very neat and clean. Stuart and Derek were especially helpful, and friendly. I'm delighted that ABC was my choice, and am loving my new A/C in these very warm days.

Description of Work
I recently had ABC replace my 30-year-old furnace, and add air conditioning.

Work Completed On 08/18/2017