BECK ROOFING

Founded 1957 • With Angi since June 2005

21123 MEEKLAND AVE

Hayward, CA 94541

Beck Roofing Company, Inc. is known throughout the roofing industry and among Bay Area customers as reliable and reputable, with quality work and customer satisfaction as our priorities. Not every roof needs replacement, and we always give our customers an honest assessment of the work needed. We

05/25/2017

Melissa M.

My neighbor down the street has the same model house as me and he paid $15000 for his roof, so I am gonna say they are still in the ball park there.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for a whole new roof and a quote for a repair.

11/03/2015

Les K.

Description of Work
Roof inspection - no problems found. No charge. They've done work for us before. Will definitely contact them when it's time for a new roof.

07/28/2014

david G.

Description of Work
Replaced roof installed roof vents

06/18/2014

Chris F.

Very good. They are detailed, they were not in hurry. The person who did the estimates took his time and overall the work was good. I would use him again.

Description of Work
We have used Beck roofing for roof replacement.

11/16/2013

Nancy O.

The entire process from estimate to final clean up this transaction couldn't have gone smoother. This is a great family run business with an experienced and efficient crew. Our old roof was removed, new decking and composition shingles were installed. The complete job took only a few days. Clean up was done each day. The office staff was professional and responsive. We couldn't be happier with the result.

Description of Work
Installation of complete new roof.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

08/27/2013

Carolyn S.

He messed up the claim with my insurance. He looked at another roofer's estimation and he rewrote his contract to meet the other company's estimation, because I was going to go with them. And then he must have told them I had refinanced my home and everything, and that I had the money, and they told me they would not do nothing. I called Charlie Beck, I said, "You really messed me up. Now you lost the bid." He said okay. He was the first person that put the roof on my home when I first got it, so I went back to him first. When they put the roof on twenty something years ago, they did it wrong and they created a leak over the years.

Description of Work
Beck Roofing put a roof on my house.

08/26/2013

Pier V.

This is a family owned business that has been around a long time. Charlie who gave the estimate was very experienced and friendly and the workers were extremely hard working. They left the surrounding yard clean and debris free. I had them come back the following year to add gutter guards for an additional fee. I only wish that I had known to have them do it when they installed them. I will cetainly use them again for any needed service.

Description of Work
Beck Roofing re-roofed, installed gutters and downspouts for my 100 year old house. They removed three layers of old roofing and did a bit of repair work on the roof.

04/21/2013

KIM M.

The quote did not cover all the work needed. Insufficient inspection.

Description of Work
We had some cement tile fall and beak other tiles on a Lowe part of our roof. We had a prompt response a reasonable quote foe a repair. Unfortunately the quote only included replacing the fallen and falling tiles - no mention of the rotting rake that needs replacing (the piece the tiles are attached to).

11/13/2012

Ross P.

.So far, OK Only winter and rain can tell.

Description of Work
They fixed a skylight leak. I waited to summer to fix it. We used a pan to catch the leak last winter. We just had rain in San Ramon, CA. No leaks :) I am very comfortable with this company. I would hire them again for any roof issues. They are well seasoned ( and very Professional )

09/26/2012

Patricia R.

When he came over to give us an estimate, Charlie took his time, was very thorough and knowledgeable, and answered all of my husband?s questions. The final estimate even included a 10% discount for the company?s 55th anniversary. On the day the work was scheduled to begin, Brian and his crew showed up a few minutes ahead of schedule (a pleasant surprise). We discussed installing a skylight in the kitchen with Brian but he explained that we wouldn't see much of a difference given the amount of light we already get from our sliding door, which really made sense. Thanks to his expert advice, we saved almost $600 (cost of skylight + cost of installation). Brian told us the roof would be completed within 4 days. Because we had a lot of junk left over by the previous owners, we asked if he would allow us to dump some of it in the trash container the crew was using. Since there was some space left, Brian readily agreed (a big plus for us; it helped us clear up the backyard a little bit). At the end of day 1, my husband got on the roof to drill holes for feeding cables while the roof was still exposed and noticed a couple of issues (not related to Beck's work): (1) There were a lot of deteriorated lumber and (2) the bathroom fans had not been properly installed. When Brian and his crew arrived on day 2, my husband voiced his concerns: Brian had already ordered the roof flashings for our two bathroom fans and he and his crew were planning on replacing the deteriorated lumber. We were very impressed with their thoroughness! The crew finished installing the roof on day 3, one day earlier than expected. They cleaned around the house, and we were left with a fantastic-looking new roof and new seamless gutters. We would definitely recommend Beck Roofing to anyone needing a new roof. They did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Re-roof; install new gutters and downspouts; install attic insulation; install radiant barrier; replace deteriorated lumber

09/30/2011

Reesa L.

We decided to go with somebody else. The quote was a bit less but there was venting that we wanted to do as well. We had a roof which was 20 years old and we wanted to get those done. My husband talked to them and they mailed us the quote. They seemed nice and they were a quality company. The bid came out and there was a little extra venting that we wanted. I am sure they are a fine company. What they did with the quote was fine.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Beck Roofing to replace our roof a couple of months ago.

08/18/2011

Rodney J.

he was in a hurry, got here didn't even go on the roof, told me how much i wanted to spend. i told him minimum. then he said i cant help you because you need a whole new roof. i only wanted the skylight repaired and he said he wont touch it. not unless we do the whole thing. the roof was replaced when i bought the house only 5 years ago. the roof is fine, just the new skylight they put it leaks. he was not a pleasant experience with this roofing company.....will never or recommend them to anyone........

Description of Work
i wanted the skylight repaired he never even look at it and said i need a new roof which i know i don't . he refuse to help me in any way.......he was a money guzzling idiot......absolutely a waist of my time......

07/14/2011

Ryan L.

They were pleasant. They showed up on time and gave me a quote initially. I called them back and told them I thought it was too expensive. I talked with Beck, who was one of the owners, and he explained what my options were. In that conversation I realized that we weren’t going down the route I wanted to, so I didn’t engage with them further, but the overall interaction was positive.

Description of Work
provided estimates for roof repair.

05/26/2011

COLLEEN K.

They were nothing less than perfect. Charlie, the owner, came for the estimate. They called before installing. They were clean, fast, and thorough.

Description of Work
They removed three layers of old roofing, fixed roofing boards, and installed new roofing and vents.

Category contractors, roofing

10/29/2010

Stephan K.

At our estimate they answered our question completely. Provided all inclusive price estimate and 10% discount. Also had a very efficient crew.

Description of Work
Removed old roof, repaired dry rot and gutters. Then installed new roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing

10/06/2010

Fabrice C.

I would love to work with them for other type of roof system.

Description of Work
They came for a bid presentation. Were very responsive and supportive despite realizing early on that they would not be able to perform the job as the requirements were outside their skill set. We want standing seem metal roof and they are specialized in composite shingle roof.

07/18/2010

Robert & Vicky R.

The owner came out & gave us an estimate. He was very patient and went so far as to go buy a bundle of shingles & spread them over our lawn, so my wife could decide on the color. We were EXTREMELY pleased with their work. Their job was clean, they placed plastic over everything in our garage & protected our driveway from the dumpster. They cleaned up everyday before leaving the worksite. Even our neighbors commented on how quiet they were for roofing a house. They did a very through and high quality job of replacing all wood, as well as a clean & quality job installing the skylights & attic fan. They paid attention to detail when replacing the decorative molding on the house. Overall they did an excellent job and we would strongly recommend Beck Roofing.

Description of Work
Stripped and installed a laminated dimensional compositional 40 year roof, replaced 58 dryrotted boards, replaced & painted flashings around pipes, vents, rake & bottom edges around chimney. Installed spark arrestor on top of chimney. Installed two 14" tunnel skylights, removed & replaced existing electric attic fan. Replaced gutters & downspouts. Removed & replaced siding on gable over garage.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair, skylights

05/08/2010

Ruth G.

I thought their representative was a little bit on the arrogant side. I don't remember their quote. I just had the impression that they thought our house was a little too piddly a job for them to bother with. It was their attitude. I can't recall their punctuality. I just had the feeling that he was looking down his nose at us and thinking that he was not going to do a job in this neighborhood. They came well-recommended. They did work for a company that I was working for and seemed to do a good job. It was the attitude and I could tell. I am not going to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Beck Roofing gave us an estimate on a roof replacement and some guttering.

Category gutter repair, roofing

We are sorry that the Members feel the way they do. The size of their home was an average home and we certainly have never turned away any job because of the size, large or small. We have re-roofed much smaller residences and were happy to do the job. As far as the estimator's attitude, I can only apologize for what the Members perceived as arrogance. For all these many years, we have received only compliments on the estimator's (Charlie Beck) attitude. We have many people call to tell us that Mr. Beck was the most pleasant and patient man they have ever met.

02/10/2009

Lucinda R.

Long-term family-owned business. Very friendly, knowledgeable. Replaced roof and downspout while I was gone and cleaned up all debris so the carport was immaculate when I returned. However, the son who oversees the work evidently did not do a final check when the work was completed as the downspout needed an extension. I called to let them know and they came immediately to fix it. Roof job looks great and downspout drains properly.

Description of Work
Replaced tar & gravel roof on carport, including a downspout/drain. Removed the old roof materials and all debris after the job.

Category roof cleaning

07/09/2008

SAPPHO C.

Beck's was very responsive to my phone call and came out for an estimate within 1 day. I called three roof repair companies for an estimate. The estimate from Beck's came back for $18,150.00 to replace my roof (no mention of the repair estimate I had requested). Mr. Beck seemed to feel that my roof was on its last legs, though the other two roofers who came out to give me an estimate didn't. Mr. Beck also included optional add-ons -- $2,760.00 for 1 additional ply, $1,860 for Energy Cap sheet, $1,280 to prime stucco surface of chimney, $1,350 for seamless aluminum gutters, $1,120 to remove & replace corragated plastic over gutters (I assume he means the clear plastic covering the patio). In addition to the above, the proposal/contract stipulates that if any asbestos were discovered, an additional charge would be made for the testing, removal and disposal of same by an agency licensed to test and a contractor licensed to remove such material (no mention of how much). If any roof structure lumber or plywood decking, etc needed repair, an additional $90 per hour per man plus materials would be added. I got two other estimates (also from Angie's List!). The 2nd company I got an estimate from wanted $2,265.00 to repair the roof (what I had asked for originally) and $2,865 for new gutters. The 3rd company I got an estimate from brought a digital camera and took pictures of areas of concern on my roof so I could see what is going on up there (I've never been up on my roof - my husband always took care of that kind of stuff) which was very helpful for me to understand what he found and what he proposed to do to fix problems. He seemed to know what he was doing, said repairs were his bread and butter, and his estimate was $745. The moral to the story? Roofing estimates can vary wildly, and it's probably a good idea to get a number of estimates.

Description of Work
I have a leak around my chimney and asked for an estimate to repair my roof, and specifically the "caulking" (or whatever the stuff that seals around vent pipes, chimneys, and flashings is called) - I had recently learned that that stuff/material cracks and degrades over time and that repairing/replacing it is part of roof maintenance. Who knew!! I have a one story tar and gravel flat roof home that is approximately 1956 square feet.

01/24/2007

KATHERINE A.

It went very well.

Description of Work
We had some dry rot that was causing roof tiles to fall from the roof. Beck was very responsive when they responded to my call for an estimate as well as when I approved the estimate and scheduled the work. They did an excellent and efficient job on the repair.

07/28/2006

WINSHIP J.

recommended wait and roof was still good. no charge

Description of Work
quote to replace roof

05/04/2006

They're very professional and I've liked everything they've done so far. They really know what they're doing.

Description of Work
They're going to replace a couple of gutters and repair my roof. They also sent me copies of their insurance and liability, which is very important to me.

06/29/2005

A L.

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT FAMILY OWNED COMPANY, A COMPANY WE WOULD NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. WE HAVE USED THEIR SERVICES PROBABLY 20+ YEARS. THERE IS ALWAYS SOME CHEAPER OUT THERE, BUT IF YOU NEED TO CALL THEM BACK FOR SOMETHING THEY NEVER HESITATE TO COME BACK AND FIX THE PROBLEM.

Description of Work
REPAIR/REROOFING NEEDED FOR RENTALS, SOME YEARS MANY CALLS TO THE ROOFER, OTHERS NOT SO MANY.

Attic Pros

Attic Pros is your go-to attic insulation installation and rodent removal contractor in San Francisco Bay Area. We offer a wide range of services for rodent removal, attic cleaning, insulation replacement, and crawl space cleaning to meet all your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer service. Contact us today for a free estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

Hi- Builders Group

At Hi-Builders Group, our goal is to help homeowners bring their dream home to fruition. Our team offers personalized services to ensure that our clients are accommodated on every level. Our managers, client service experts, designers, and builders are topnotch industry professionals that pay strict attention to detail when servicing clients. Hi-Builders Group are committed to leading the maintenance and remodeling industry by providing services you can rely on, and pure client satisfaction. Our objective is for every homeowner to feel at ease throughout the entire process as we go above and beyond to obtain your stamp of approval.

HVAC Gurus

Call for a free estimate! Insulation Gurus have an extensive background in HVAC and insulation services. With fifteen years of experience on the field, the Gurus have earned a reputation as trusted installers. Our mission is to provide both our residential and commercial customers with reliability, expert advice, quality work integrity and an outstanding service. We dedicate ourselves 110% to our customers not only to achieve energy efficiency, comfort, and safety, but also to establish a friendship. Everybody needs a Guru in the family. Let us be yours!

CSLB
    08/31/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Available

RE-ROOFING, REPAIRS, NEW WORK SKYLIGHTS, DRY ROT REPAIRS, ATTIC VENTILATION, ROOF DECK INSTALLATION, GUTTER INSTALLATION & CLEANING & WARRANTY SERVICE, ATTIC INSULATION.