Arbortech Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2010

1413 Industrial Pkwy W

Hayward, CA 94544

Understanding and meeting our customer’s needs is the primary focus of everything we do. Our staff is dedicated to providing the utmost attention to detail when it comes to any project regardless of its size. With over thirty years of experience in the industry, our company understands the

12/20/2017

Ray W.

The workers were prompt and professional. Sergio and Rudolpho were very accomodating and made sure that everything was pruned and shaped the way we wanted. I was expecting the job to take two days but extra workers came the first day so the job was done before noon on the second day. This is the forth time I have used Arbortech and would use them again the next time I need tree pruning services.

Description of Work
One elm, one oak and one arbutus tree was pruned and shaped in the front yard. Two Pepper trees, an oak tree and a hedge between the yards were pruned and shaped. Two oak bushes next to the fence were removed.

11/21/2017

Gene C.

Very quickly removed all 3 trees and ground stumps. The magnolia had very large limbs above the house, an aluminum patio cover, a detached garage,and a storage shed leaving very little room to drop limbs. They were all removed with no damage.

Description of Work
3 trees removed, including a huge magnolia. Ground stumps.

06/28/2017

Anil M.

The work was very professional and also the clean up. The crew arrived on time and cleaned well after they were done.

Description of Work
4 Redwood tress were trimmed.

01/23/2017

Aaron W.

They removed it along with the stump.

Description of Work
I had a dead tree removed. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but it was quite a while back.

10/26/2016

Linda L.

Seamless. tree looks good, airy, well shaped.

Description of Work
Crew trimmed large oak tree. Cleaned up all debris and left requested logs for fireplace.

Category concrete repair, tree service

09/22/2015

William D.

Arbortech was fantastic to work with! They were referred to us by our landscape designer and were the first quote we received. We reached out to a few others via Angie's List and they were all more expensive, with long lead times to start the job. Arbortech started in 2-3 weeks, and finished in 3 weeks. The landscaping portion of the company is managed by Ron Carden and he's very knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Relandscaped both our front yard and backyard with drought resistant plants, rock, flagstone walkway, trimmed trees, installed new irrigation.

07/02/2015

Joan M.

Everything went AWESOME. Cost was a third of other bids. Crew arrived on time and completed the job quickly. Will hire again!

Description of Work
Trimmed and thinned all of the trees on our hill. Removed 2 dead trees and removed all debris.

03/03/2015

Ina M.

Excellent job. Will use them again next year.

Description of Work
Trimmed and shaped 40 ft Mulberry tree in front yard and thinned out an orange tree in backyard.

09/27/2014

Michael R.

Joe was excellent . He educated us from the beginning of the process. He actually went with us to local nurseries in Sunol to help select the trees for our yard. When the nursery that we visited did not have tree(s) that we wanted he went during the week and actually pick up the trees for us. He keep us in the loop during the entire process. The crew that install the trees did a great job and very neat and professional. We contacted 4 other companies. Arbortech contacted us within 12 hrs of our request and came out and visited us the next day to provide quotation. We were so impressed with the presentation that we signed the agreement immediately.

Description of Work
Help choose two trees for our house, installed them.

07/24/2014

STEPHEN W.

Called Arbortech to give an estimate on plan to remove diseased trees. Wanted to discuss with the arborist and it took three phone transfers, explaining to each one what I needed and finally actually speaking to an arborist. That took about an hour. Set up appt a week in advance. Took time off from work. 2 hours before scheduled visit I get a call and they cancel due to emergency tree service. One week later they call to reschedule. When rescheduling they tell me they want $85 per hour for the arborist assessment and estimate. This was new to me. When I told them they cancelled on me last minute after taking off from work they said well it's still $85/hr. No way. Had another arborist come by with free estimate and they kept their appointment.

Description of Work
Tree removal and trim estimate

07/15/2014

Lisa S.

The owner Dale implied that he, a certified arborist, would be supervising my job which is what I was paying for. We set an appointment for 10:00am, my husband got there at 9:45am and they were 80% done with the job by then. There were 3 workers that were not certified arborists. I had 2 other bids by certified arborists that were going to be on site for the job and I feel that I was purposely mislead. The level of expertise of the 3 workers was average at best. My regular gardener would have done the same job for $250.

Description of Work
They trimmed three small trees and removed two small trees.

03/28/2014

Kathleen M.

The tree looks beautiful and healthy now that all of the dead wood has been removed and the canopy is balanced through thinning.

Description of Work
I called Arbortech to remove breakage and lightly trim a 40 year old Deodar Cedar tree, the focal point in our front yard. The tree had never been professionally trimmed, as far as we knew. I called in the morning and Dale came that same afternoon to evaluate and give a quote. Service was scheduled for the next day. Leo and the crew arrived promptly at 8:30 and finished the job in 4 hours. I have many fragile plants as well as two Japanese maples and arbors under the tree line. The crew protected all of that during the trimming process and cleaned up completely before they left.

02/20/2014

MYRA C.

It went exceptionally well. I originally called Arbortech to trim the Chinese Elm that had beome so large that it was beginning to touch my roof. Dale came out and noticed that the roots were beginining to push up my patio which would cause a trip and fall hazard and eventually destroy the patio. Replacing the patio would be a far greater expense than removing the tree. I agreed to have the tree removed. Dale gave me a date and explained the process. Everything worked exactly as it had been explained to me. All the workers were extremely professional and the work was performed very quickly. They left the yard cleaner than it was before they came. I will definitely use Arbortech for any of my tree trimming or tree removal work. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Removed a large Chinese Elm in my back yard, lightly pruned face of Redwoods that were from a neighbor''s tree, treated stump, returned in two weeks to grind stump.

02/18/2014

Eric N.

Seamless. They provided a reasonable quote, did the work professionally and quickly, and billed me via a streamlined and easy-to-use online service. They also provide a newsletter so I can continue to learn about how to care for my trees.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees on my street that were touching my house.

Category tree service, hardscaping

12/09/2013

Ellen L.

They were great. They were fast and did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Arbortech to chop up a very large pine tree that had fallen.

09/10/2013

J H.

The company gave one of the two most competitive prices, but we chose Arbortech because their estimator provided the most thoughtful discussion of the tasks to be done. In removing the three trees and trimming the fourth we particularly appreciated their care in ensuring that nothing dropped on other trees, the fence, a storage shed, and our neighbor's pool. The clean up was equally good. The crew of four were congenial and really worked hard all day. A couple of days later a crew of two came to grind down the stumps. All-and-all a very good experience. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Arbortech removed a 40' cedar plus two large walnuts along a fence and trimmed our neighbor's side of our giant oak.

09/05/2013

Eugene W.

They're good. They do a lot of commercial stuff, too. They did a good job. I was really pleased. They did what they could like taking the roots out of the lawn and they didn't have to remove the lawn for that. They have a tree removing service and a landscaping service. I like them. They were very good on price. They came out the latter part of July to look and to give us an estimate. One thing they said they were gonna do, they didn't bcause they couldn't. They cut down the tree and kinda dragged it out and they knocked down a sprinkler head. I told them and they said that it was not a problem and they came and fixed it. The only thing I didn't like was that I had to call them all the time to see when they were coming out. I couldn't believe how fast the removed the tree, 20 minutes and they were done. Then they ground down the stump and put poison in it.

Description of Work
We used Arbortech to remove trees for us. They came and took off our interlocking pavers in the backyard and they took all the roots out. Then they put all the pavers back in and seal and grouted it with hard grout.

Category tree service, hardscaping

07/12/2013

Christopher S.

The appointment for the estimate was at 3pm. They arrived on time and gave me a very reasonable quote. Within 15 minutes of agreeing on the price, they had a 4 workers and a wood chipper at my house. All of the wood debris was removed within an hour.

Description of Work
Removed previously cut trees and concrete debris.

02/22/2013

ROBERT W.

The arrived early and finished early. Everything went smoothly.

Description of Work
Removed two laurel (bay) trees on a hillside from among a number of mature oak trees. We removed the laurel on the advice of an arborist because they are a "conductor" for sudden oak death disease.

02/18/2013

Ray W.

We have used Arbortech in the past and it was time to have the trees pruned so we called to schedule an appointment for an estimate. They came on Monday, gave an estimate which we felt was reasonable and schedule an appointment for the work on Thursday. The crew came to do the work right on time. They asked to clarifiy the work to be done and offered some helpful suggestions on how and when the trees should be pruned if I wanted the trees to look a specific way in the future. Initially it was thought it would take two days to complete all the work but there were four guys on the crew an they were able to complete it in a little less than a day. They did a good job and the trees and hedge looked great.

Description of Work
Pruned and shaped one large elm tree, two California Pepper trees and a small Oak. Also trimmed a 25 foot Privit hedge.

12/06/2012

Patrick L.

First Rate. When I need this kind of help in the future, Arbortech is the company I will call.

Description of Work
Arbortech was immediately responsive in removing a tree which was leaning (after a bad rainstorm) and threatening a wall of my home. The price was very fair for the work done, in comparison with other quotes, and the work was done promptly and professionally. Also, clean up was excellent! PKL

10/03/2012

Eric L.

It took a bit of phone tag to get these guys out, but it was worth it. They were very price competitive (cheaper than the others by a fair bit), but still did a thorough and very good job. The guys were prompt and professional. Would use them a gain for sure. Our neighbor was impressed and she also hired them to do a job which went quite well.

Description of Work
Removed 7 dead trees and one massive dead stump, trimmed and "rugged" a giant (100 foot high) palm tree.

08/14/2012

Christopher R.

Dale came out to give me an estimate. He was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He offered me a very good price and we made an appointment to have the work done. A few days later the crew arrived at the specified time to perform the work. Like Dale, they were friendly, knowledgeable and professional. They explained everything, answered all of my questions and made sure that I was happy with everything before they left. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I hired them to remove some overgrown shrubs, cut down 1 and trim 6 trees on my property.

01/27/2011

albert R.

We have a tall 60ft+ cedar tree. A large branch break and endanger our neighbors garden and fence. Arbortech came out the next day and provided a very competitive estimate for both the removal of the branch and the seasonal thinning. They thinned it more than expected but not to the danger of the tree's health. Overall it was a good professional job and i will call them back when the tree needs pruning in a couple years.

Description of Work
Pruning, thinning a large ceder tree and removing a broken branch from neighbors yard.

09/19/2010

Jennifer T.

The tree was cut down very quickly, but the stumps were not ground down the same day. The stump grinder had broken down (from another job) and they would have to come back a second day to grind the stumps. There was a communication breakdown with the crew who cut down the tree on day 1. They didn't cut the second stump low enough for the grinder to work. However the employee who ground the stump went back to their office and returned w/ a chainsaw and quickly took care of it. The price was very competitive and they went out of their way to accommodate my schedule and finish the job. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Cut down a tree and ground two stumps.