ACME SUNSHADES ENTERPRISE INC

Founded 1922 • With Angi since July 2005

Our business is built upon providing quality products and services to our customers. On every project we work on, no matter how large or how small, we strive to exceed our customers' expectations every time. When the work is complete and our customers tell us that they would recommend our products

awnings (27)screen repair (1)

12/13/2018

Wilie D.

It went fine.

Description of Work
screen door repair

Category awnings, screen repair

Work Completed On 12/13/2018

08/17/2018

emily H.

The quality of the work was excellent, the customer service was exceptional and the price was very reasonable. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Awnings for windows on the front of my house.

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Review for ACME SUNSHADES ENTERPRISE INC - 1548 W Winton Ave, Hayward, CA - 37330788

07/31/2017

randy P.

installation happened on time with no issues and the crew was polite, punctual and efficient.

Description of Work
replacement of a large awning and a smaller one

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

06/20/2016

Takeo H.

They did not come out to our place for estimate. They just told me to submit pictures on their website, and they emailed me the estimate.

Description of Work
Gave us an estimate for installation of one fixed awning and one retractable awning.

Work Completed On 05/09/2016

06/02/2016

Yvonne R.

Description of Work
Awaning From Germany. Markilux.

Work Completed On 05/30/2016

03/10/2016

Bruce D.

Description of Work
Installed an awning for a business.

Work Completed On 01/01/2013

01/26/2016

Mary Ann C.

Everything went smoothly. There were two appointments, one to determine our fix-it needs and pick out the fabric color and design, the other to install the fabric and perform the actual fix-its. Both appointments were on time. All reps were very professional, even when I had some nit-picky special requests during the fix-it appointment. I'm very happy with the results and would continue to use this company in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the fabric on the existing 20ish foot awning and relevel the awning after high winds had bent the arms of it out of shape.

Work Completed On 01/25/2016

12/08/2015

James M.

Description of Work
Acme replaced are worn out window awnings.

Work Completed On 06/07/2015

10/14/2015

Bruce D.

Description of Work
Installed a sunshade June 2011, and it still in good condition today (10/2015)

Work Completed On 01/01/2012

06/20/2015

hannah W.

We made an appointment for a project. They showed up and gave us a good consultation, and said they would provide a quote for the job in a few days. It has been weeks and they have not provided the quote. Additionally, when I reach out to them they don't even respond. If they don't want the job, they should tell us. But wasting our time is not appropriate.

Work Completed On 06/12/2015

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that we were not able to provide you with a quote sooner. Your issue has been addressed and your new quote has been e-mailed to you on Monday 6/22. Please note that customer satisfaction is our highest priority. In the future please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you in finding the perfect awning for your home.

03/30/2015

Kyn D.

They were very good. I had a good experience with them. We had an issue with the downspout they had relocated. The technician came back out and relocated the downspout. The awning looked very nice when they finished. It was professionally done from start to finish. It was expensive but it was of very good quality. It hasn't rained so we don't really know. We got it for the rain. We expect a very good result. It was expensive but it was well-done. The price was competitive.

Description of Work
We had first an estimate and they took measurement. They came back with the quote. The installer came out and installed the retractable awning with a helper. It was something like 10' x 7' or 10' x 8'.

Work Completed On 02/27/2015

09/15/2014

Jocelyn H.

The guy was unbelievably thorough. He was very responsive. I didn't use them but I couldn't ask for better followup. He knows the business really well. The total estimate was $6,000. I am still thinking about awnings and I would only use them.

Description of Work
I asked them for two estimates for awnings.

Work Completed On 08/15/2014

08/02/2014

Anne S.

It went great. the salesman David came out promptly to do the estimate. He quoted me on a couple of different options. I then had to choose the fabric. All the fabrics are Sunbrella, which is great. I compared their product to Sunsetter's options, and these are much higher quality (and cost more, of course). 4 weeks later, they came to install the product, they were extremely friendly and professional- it took about 3 hours and they were done. Very happy with the service and the product. They stayed in touch at all times.

Description of Work
Installed a roof-mounted motorized retractable awning on the back of my house. 15' x 10'.

Work Completed On 07/25/2014

05/15/2014

Marilyn D.

We have a patio area with a translucent roof and wanted to have more protection to be able to area in cooler weather. The roof has a slope so a triangular shaped transom was also necessary above the curtain rods. The estimator created a design and recommended hardware. In addition to the curtains, Acme created and installed 2 awnings. We visited the showroom / factory to choose our fabric and were very impressed with their work on display. During installation one of the transoms did not quite fit and it was very quickly remade and installed. Everyone we met at the company was courteous and professional. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Acme Sunshade created awnings over 2 sliding doors as well as side curtains for our outdoor patio

Work Completed On 10/11/2012

04/01/2014

Yvonne R.

They had a fabulous product to choose from. I felt the price was competitive. They have been in business for a long time and they were recommended to me. I thought the office was very helpful and called me every few days to let me know the status of the shipment. Installation was perfect and the results were great. I could not get the shade to go up and down and they got back to me right away and they were very responsive.

Description of Work
They put in a very expensive german sunshade.

Work Completed On 07/25/2013

03/24/2014

Sally-Ann R.

They actually did a good job, I'm just making them a B instead of an A because there was an installation delay because the sales guy didn't tell the installation team that they would need scaffold to install the awnings. Once that was all sorted out, they did a great job.

Description of Work
Make and install awnings on rear of 3 story house

Work Completed On 03/24/2014

08/13/2013

David W.

The awning looks great, the custom fabrication of the awning itself went faster than expected, and the installation team was flexible in their scheduling. However, the communication could, at times, be a little better, particularly as I worked through the original selection process, as there was not really a simple catalog to choose from, and I was doing everything over the phone. Having never bought an awning before, this may be par for the course, but it seemed a little convoluted and confusing in choosing styles from several different pages on several different docs emailed to me, and I never really got a clear answer to several questions I asked about any relative durability difference amongst different fabric options or cost differential of the options. The end result, however, looks great.

Description of Work
Installed large new awning fabric over existing frame on residential property.

Work Completed On 08/09/2013

10/29/2012

Dion B.

Made an appointment to come to our shop to get an estimate for an awning. They showed up on the day that they said they would, and then nothing. Never called back to give us an estimate. We called twice asking for it, got "Oh that person is out, they'll send it to you tomorrow" both times. And still nothing

Description of Work
Almost an estimate for a business awning

Work Completed On 08/14/2012

10/15/2012

James M.

Acme picked up the old awnings and frames, made good recommendations on materials and colors to match the house paint, and coordinated installation with the painting company. They did everything they promised to do and the delivery was on time and flawless. We could certainly use Acme again!

Description of Work
We needed several large awnings replaced while our house was being painted.

Work Completed On 09/25/2012

07/03/2011

William M.

The installers were VERY professional. The installers actually showed up 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time. It has made a big differance in the cooling of the house. The sales rep kept in tocch up to the installation date. It took them about 1 1/2 hours to install it. I

Description of Work
we had a manual retractable awning installed over the side doors. It is 12"long by 10"wide.

Work Completed On 06/30/2011

04/22/2011

Mary Ann C.

The Acme Awning Company salesman was punctual and came well prepared with sample fabrics and various options with prices. The pricing is slightly higher than some others I researched, but I learned that their guaranteed service levels made it worth the cost. You see, the salesman's measurements didn't account for a non-obvious surprise that required the awning be 3" shorter than the width measured. When the installers came, they found a way to make the salesman's measurements work, but when I said I wasn't happy with it, they promptly uninstalled the awning, took it back to be resized, and showed up the next week to install it again to my satisfaction. If I had purchased the awning from one company and hired my own contractor to install it, I would have not known about the hidden/non-obvious surprise causing me to order an awning that was the wrong size, and I would have had to pay the contractor to install the awning, take it down, and reinstall it again...all costs that would have added up. With Acme, one price covered it all, and I absolutely love the result - it's functional and beautiful! I'm usually a DIY person, but I'm glad this time I left it to the pros.

Description of Work
Acme Awning installed a patio awning that measured 19' wide x 10' reach, manually operated.

Work Completed On 04/05/2011

06/23/2010

Nancy J.

It's an excellent company. They are not at all inexpensive, but they offer quality work and quality installation.

Description of Work
They took down an old awning and hauled that away. They spackled the holes for the old awning and painted the hole that they spackled. Then they installed the new awning. The new awning is expensive because it is a remote controlled, retractable awning with a wind sensor. Part of the reason that our old one had to be replaced was because of wind storms when we weren't home to crank it down, so this will do that automatically but it cost a fortune.

Work Completed On 06/22/2010

10/10/2008

Karen L.

Went well, they had been advised by the color consultant for the house, and had installed the awning on the house originally ca 1970's. They were extremely helpful re choosing samples and even drove over to leave me a sample book from which to choose. In fact, we had selected a binding color which turned out to be an intense blue in real life and they gave me a sample of fabric with that binding and gently suggested alternatives. I thought that was extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Replaced awning over our back door after house was painted.